March 28, 2024, 11:57:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940384 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #800 on: November 17, 2012, 10:26:38 PM »

Good points Magnolia 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #801 on: November 18, 2012, 12:27:43 PM »

Report says no one was hurt...

http://www.awe24.com/20121117/12567/Brake_di_bus_di_tour_a_faya_net_ora_cu_e_ta_carga_cu_hopi_pasajero_y_a_desvia

Papiamentu translation:

brake of bus of tour owing to abort just hour cu the is carga cu much pasajero y owing to desvia bay strike 2 car staciona

1 day happen come across, 17 of november 2012 10:26

seccion: incidente

saturday morning owing to enter informe of one accidente enough strong near of ritz carlton hotel, at once owing to dirigi one patrol at the sitio. at arrival of the patrol owing to come compronde cu the brake of the bus of tour owing to abort y mirando cu the bus was carga cu pasajero y the chofer was yegando the rotonde the chofer owing to less bay strike 2 car cu was staciona lagando enough damage behind. afortunadamente none person owing to resulta injury.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #802 on: November 18, 2012, 01:20:50 PM »

Wow on the tour bus.

I was thinking about the riot at Challapallca which damaged the facilities causing inmates to be transferred to other prisons.  The guys at Challapallca are the worst of the worst.

May Joran suddenly find himself with a new cellmate!

If only, if only.......

Challapalca him!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #803 on: November 18, 2012, 05:25:34 PM »

Armed criminal shredded

November 17, 2012 |

::snipping2::

SATISFIED. Yesterday we had a telephone conversation with the prosecutor Luis Valdez, who despite the fatigue from the grueling day said he was pleased to have contributed to the problem is resolved without bloodshed.

"I often Challapalca I go for errands, and some inmates already know me, so it only required my presence. I entered the prison on 14 and 15, I found that the rooms and property were burned and destroyed, a very thrilled and armed inmates demanded many conditions, such as the closure of the prison, requested the presence of the Prosecutor's Office, Red Cross and media. I undertook to ensure their lives and present their requests to the other authorities who were outside jail "Valdez said.

Also, the important role played Ombudswoman Martha Llerena, and representatives from INPE and the Red Cross.

DESTRUCTION. On the left the riot, the representative of the Public Prosecutor stated that the penalty was without water or electricity, although it remained in that place 60 inmates. Other 90 approximately, were transferred to other prisons.

"They broke the generator, set fire to the kitchen, and offices Inpe topic, archivists burned documents, desktops, computer equipment, appliances, mattresses, doors removed some cells grills and corrugated roof pavilions, took the towers ... ", said Valdez.

"CHOLO JACINTO". About those who led the mutiny, the prosecutor said Jose Torres Saavedra were (a) "The Donkey" and Jacinto Aucayari Bellido (a) "Cholo Jacinto", as some media slipped.

http://diariocorreo.pe/ultimas/noticias/2305509/edicion+arequipa/armados-destrozaron-el-penal
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #804 on: November 18, 2012, 09:47:40 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/136134-beslag-op-grillrestaurant

Google translation:

Seizure grill         
SATURDAY, NOVEMBER 17, 2012 8:08

ORANGE CITY - The bailiff has seized the contents of Maute Grill restaurant in Paseo Herencia. The case was closed because the Venezuelan owner had left. He would have had to Aruba because he was robbed twice. Because of that crime so he decided to leave the island, but without his affairs properly handle. Because the entrepreneur still had debts, there is so seized. Everything still had value, was taken in a truck.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #805 on: November 18, 2012, 11:14:33 PM »

When will the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights rule on the lawsuit filed on behalf of Joran van der Sloot one year ago this month?

My understanding is that a panel of judges will rule on Joran's July, 2012 appeal of his 28 year sentence; not a prosecutor.  I could be wrong.

Janet

+++++

November, 2011

The Lawsuit - The Inter-American Commission on Human Rights 

Van der Sloot sues Chile for 10m dollars
Published on 28 November 2011

Dutch murder suspect Joran van der Sloot is seeking 10 million dollars in damages from Chile because his rights were allegedly violated when he was arrested there in 2010 on suspicion of killing Peruvian student Stephany Flores.

The Peruvian television programme El Dominical has obtained a copy of the petition Van der Sloot filed with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.

The petition names then Peruvian president Alan Garcia, the former Peruvian former minister, two police generals and the father of Stephany Flores. They allegedly put pressure on the Chilean authorities to extradite Van der Sloot. Van der Sloot argues that his rights as a suspect were violated because he was denied access to legal counsel and was not allowed to contact his family.

El Dominical reports that the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights is reviewing the petition.

<snipped>

http://www.rnw.nl/english/bulletin/van-der-sloot-sues-chile-10m-dollars

July, 2012

The Appeal - Peruvian Justice System

Van der Sloot sentence appeal under consideration
July 20, 2012

Joran van der Sloot's 28 year murder sentence is under review by the Peruvian justice system.

A court in Lima has accepted the paperwork in the case and turned it over to Peru's Supreme Court for review and evaluation. The crux of the appeal is that a former defense lawyer gave van der Sloot bad advice promising a guilty plea would get him 15 years. Instead he got 28.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-sentence-appeal-under-consideration/0M7lAOh8LkaTFp2ibwv8lg.cspx

Joran Reportedly Getting Married Seeks Overturn of Prison Sentence
Jul 19, 2012

Two weeks ago, the Third Penal Court of Lima accepted the paperwork submitted by Van der Sloot’s defense attorney, Maximo Altez, in which he requests that the sentence be annulled. The court clerk stated that he meets the requirements the law establishes for its respective review, and this recourse has been handed over to Peru’s Supreme Court for evaluation.

<snipped>

In an interview in Lima with Newsweek, Jimenez, Van der Sloot’s former attorney, showed two letters Van der Sloot wrote in January, in the days following his conviction, in which Van der Sloot states that he is satisfied with the sentence. “How could I have cheated him if he expressed his satisfaction in two letters?” says Jimenez, pointing to where Van der Sloot wrote: “What me and Jimenez did was the best,” and “I am pleased with Mr. Jimenez’s work.”

“Both were written right after his sentencing, so if I had offered a plea bargain, how could he declare to be satisfied with my work in writing? I was his attorney until May; why didn’t he take me off the case immediately after the trial in January?”

<snipped>

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/19/joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-getting-married-seeks-overturn-of-prison-sentence.html

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #806 on: November 18, 2012, 11:17:19 PM »

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #807 on: November 19, 2012, 12:23:04 AM »

Janet, the following articles might be helpful in providing some information about the appeal in Peru and the petition to the IACHR:

Appeal to the Peruvian Supreme Court
http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-11-14-desestiman-anular-condena-de-28-anos-a-holandes-joran-van-der-sloot-noticia_540292.html
Google translation
Dismissed void sentence of 28 years Dutchman Joran Van der Sloot
Wednesday, November 14, 2012 | 3:09 pm

The Supreme Prosecutor Peter Chávarri Vallejos favored confirming the sentence of 28 years in prison for Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot, found guilty of the death of Stephanny Flores, crime occurred in May 2010.

Judge desetimó legal recourse presented by Van Der Sloot to annul this sentence imposed by the Third Criminal Court for inmates in jail.

Chávarri Vallejos also said he is in favor of the 200 thousand suns civil damages payable by the confessed murderer to the family of the young victim.

This review tax was referred to the Permanent Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court, that in the coming days will issue a final veredcto.  ::snipping2::

Petition to the IACHR
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/joran-van-der-sloot-new-trial-sentence-reversed
Joran Van Der Sloot Could Get A New Trial And His Sentence Reversed
Posted on Oct 10, 2012 @ 09:00PM

Convicted killer Joran van der Sloot may be back in court by the end of the year fighting to have his sentence overturned, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

"The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights  are going to give a final decision by December," van der Sloot's lawyer, Aldo-Favio Cotrina, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"They could reverse the case and order a new trial to have his sentence reduced," he explained. "This is very good news for Joran!" 
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #808 on: November 19, 2012, 12:41:40 AM »

Found this and was a little surprised:

"The Dutchman is wanted by authorities in the U.S. for allegedly extorting money from the Holloway family on the promise of revealing the location of her body.

He could resist extradition to the United States, where is wanted in the Holloway case, if he obtains Peruvian nationality. That would be a possibility if he becomes the father of a Peruvian child or if he marries a Peruvian citizen.

Van der Sloot is appealing his conviction.

Associated Press writer Franklin Briceno reported this story in Lima and Toby Sterling reported from Amsterdam.

Copyright © 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. "

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-latest-More-lies/ZBA75Ulmaki9zSaF5OZvMw.cspx

I wonder if it's true if he becomes a Peruvian National that he can avoid extradition.

Challapalca him!
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #809 on: November 19, 2012, 12:48:57 AM »

Janet, the following articles might be helpful in providing some information about the appeal in Peru and the petition to the IACHR:

Appeal to the Peruvian Supreme Court
http://www.rpp.com.pe/2012-11-14-desestiman-anular-condena-de-28-anos-a-holandes-joran-van-der-sloot-noticia_540292.html
Google translation

The Supreme Prosecutor Peter Chávarri Vallejos favored confirming the sentence of 28 years in prison for Dutch citizen Joran Van der Sloot, found guilty of the death of Stephanny Flores, crime occurred in May 2010.

Judge desetimó legal recourse presented by Van Der Sloot to annul this sentence imposed by the Third Criminal Court for inmates in jail.

Chávarri Vallejos also said he is in favor of the 200 thousand suns civil damages payable by the confessed murderer to the family of the young victim.

This review tax was referred to the Permanent Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court, that in the coming days will issue a final veredcto.  ::snipping2::

Petition to the IACHR
http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/joran-van-der-sloot-new-trial-sentence-reversed
Joran Van Der Sloot Could Get A New Trial And His Sentence Reversed
Posted on Oct 10, 2012 @ 09:00PM

Convicted killer Joran van der Sloot may be back in court by the end of the year fighting to have his sentence overturned, RadarOnline.com has exclusively learned.

"The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights  are going to give a final decision by December," van der Sloot's lawyer, Aldo-Favio Cotrina, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"They could reverse the case and order a new trial to have his sentence reduced," he explained. "This is very good news for Joran!" 

Thanks Grace

1.  The Supreme Prosecutor Peter Chávarri Vallejos?  Does the "Supreme Prosecutor"  represent the Peruvian Supreme Court?  I have yet to read a Dutch or American online publication in English regarding this revelation.  I hope that nothing was lost in translation.  This is good news!

When it is considered that the extradition to Birmingham to face extradition charges has everything to do with Joran's Peruvian sentence ... it would make sense that Beth Holloway and/or John Kelly and/or the Birmingham prosecutor would have been notified of the sentence appeal ruling.  Yes?  No?

2.  The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights ruling!! December!!  I do have this article saved somewhere.

Thanks again.

Janet

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #810 on: November 19, 2012, 01:50:31 AM »

SELF-EDIT LAST POST

to face extradition charges s/b to face extortion charges

It's late.  Three grandkids were just picked up.  Mom and Dad had a date night.

Janet
10:45 PM

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #811 on: November 19, 2012, 02:28:41 AM »

Justice for Natalee
and Stephany!

::justice2NJ::

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #812 on: November 19, 2012, 01:11:11 PM »

Grace

Could you please do your thing and provide a link to an English on-line publication from Peru, Holland, Aruba and/or the States that reported on the following.

Thanks

Janet

+++++

Google translation

This review tax was referred to the Permanent Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court, that in the coming days will issue a final veredcto.

Grace-land

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #813 on: November 19, 2012, 02:37:39 PM »

Janet, to my knowledge, there is no confirmation of the report.  However, the report stated that the Permanent Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court will reach a final verdict "in the coming days."  We have to be patient; we want the judges to make the "right" decision. 

Also, keep in mind the defense strategy.  It has slowed down Justice for Stephany and Natalee...but its coming!  No stopping it now!  ::boxingjoran::

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/28/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=C1
Van der Sloot will fight incarceration to top court, attorney says
June 29, 2010 9:34 a.m. EDT

His legal strategy now is to "paralyze the process," his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

Altez said van der Sloot will use every possible law that is available to him, and that if he exhausts Peruvian courts, they will reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica. He maintains that his client's rights have been violated.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #814 on: November 19, 2012, 03:13:15 PM »

Thanks Grace

It is true ... patience is a virture that I lack big time.  This is where trust in God's timing ... whether I comprehend or not ... becomes my anchor when I become overwhelmed and frustrated with life's challenges ... with His silence to my cries "Why?".

When I read the translated article you posted regarding the "Supreme Prosecutor" not challenging the 28 year sentence ... a 28 year sentence that translates into 9 years ... I did rejoice.  I also comprehended that the Flores' family and the Holloway family have been afforded the hope that a measure of justice will prevail and other Stephanys and Natalees will not be at risk.  On the other hand ... I pray this hope is realized when the final ruling is rendered.

Thanks again Grace

Janet

HELEN IS VERY POSITIVE

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 182: September 1 Helen calls to say the court is asking for DNA from the Kalpoes and Joran van der Sloot and that their attorneys are fighting this.  She also says the suspects are pointing the finger at one another.

Page 183: Helen is very positive. "It looks good that they will remain in custody." she says.  Then about three hours after she tells me this encouraging news, a devastating call comes from an AP reporter.

"Paulus van der Sloot and his attorney are bragging to everyone that all three suspects are getting out day after tomorrow!

Then all the media start calling.  I call Helen, then FBI agent Bill and the U.S. vice-consul.  None of them have this information.  So we tell the media it must be a rumor.  But the word is out all over the island to the defense side that all three suspects will walk.

Four and a half hours after this announcement is made to international media by Joran's father and his defense team, the FBI calls to tell me it is indeed true.  So the three suspects who were last seen with my daughter, and who offered multiple versions of what happened that night, will go free.  And we are the last ones to find out.

Natalee's handwriting on her immigration card states that the duration of her stay here would be four nights.  It has been ninety-five.  And I have painstakingly counted every one of them.

When Helen calls, I stand in a corner of the hotel room, phone to my ear, tapping my head against the wall over and over.  Tears fall hard.  "I'm done, Helen.  I'm done.  No justice for Natalee in Aruba.  I'm done."

Page 185: The island authorities originally planned to release the three suspects at two o-clock in the morning on Saturday, September 3.  The Strategic Communications Task Force undoubtedly helped them make a less conspicuous move and release them in the afternoon instead.  Curious to see the setup at the van der Sloot house for Joran's parade of victory, I drive by there, never in a million years expecting to see who is there.  It's the U.S. vice-consul.  At the van der Sloots' house.  Why is she here?   She spots me.  Jumps in her car and follows me to a restaurant parking lot, waving, honking, calling on the cell phone.  I don't want to talk to her.  Who can we trust?

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #815 on: November 19, 2012, 03:18:03 PM »

MEMORIAL DAY - MAY 30, 2005

Hope Comes and Then Goes

Loving Natalee
A Mother’s Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Excerpts

Page 35 - 36:  We land, and the door opens.  The heat and the humidity hit me hard in the face even at this hour.  Like opening the oven door and getting that big hot blast.  The wind is whipping.  My hair is all over the place.  I can hardly see the steps to go down.  I soon learn this is how it always is here: very hot and very windy.  “Hellish” is the only word that comes to mind.

We walk a few feet into the processing area to show our passports and go through customs.  It's a small unimportant looking structure with a porch connected to the front of it.  The owner of the plane has arranged for "handlers" to meet us here to assist with customs and ground transportation, common practice when private planes arrive in Aruba.
Edit to add "snip".  When there is a break in quoting, that should be indicated.  MB <snip>

An official-looking American woman in the processing area draws my attention.  Her badge identifies her as a U.S. Homeland Security Office representative, and I hone in on her like radar.  The sight of her is our fist real sign of hope.  I walk over to her and have to restrain myself from grabbing her by her lapels and pulling her into a hug to thank her for being here for us.  All the calls made to the FBI and the U.S. Embassy by Natalee's brother and our friends must have paid off.  That's why this official person is here to help us.  I get very close to her and begin to tell her about Natalee and what has happened.  Talking a mile a minute, I explain about Natalee's disappearance and our desperate situation.  I ask for her help in figuring out where to start and what to do.

She never changes her stance, remaining in an "at ease" position with her hands behind her back.  She has very little to say; volunteers no information.  The encouraging thoughts that lifted me when I first laid eyes on her are quickly extinuished as I learn that she is always here.  The Aruba airport is her post.  She isn't here for us.  She can't do a single thing to help Natalee.  She has no special powers.  No authority.

This is the first of hundreds of times along this impending tragic journey that hope would dissolve almost as quickly as it would appear.  It would wash over us like the tide, then ebb.  Hope comes, then goes.  But it's the constant waiting for the next wave to roll in, and reaching for each new sign of hope that will keep us going, as it brings with it the energy and encouragement needed to press on in our search for Natalee, even if only for a few moments at a time.

s.t.
« Last Edit: November 30, 2012, 10:06:45 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #816 on: November 19, 2012, 03:51:15 PM »

Hope Comes and Hope Goes

Following the January trial ... Beth Holloway's attorney was anticipating it would not be long before Joran van der Sloot would be facing a judge in a Birmingham courtroom.

Following the May court hearing with Peruvian Judge Zenaida Vilca challenging the extradition to Birmingham ... it was the perception of Joran van der Sloot's attorney that his client would be extradiction to States in the near future.

How could both John Q. Kelly and Maximo Altez have been so wrong in regards to the ruling that would be arrived at by the Peruvian Supreme Court.

If the Peruvian Justice Minister and Cabinet do not overrule the Supreme Court's decision it will be another "faded hope" for Beth Holloway and ... other "big win" for Joran van der Sloot.  Fast forward 28 years.  Think about the implication in regards to justice prevailing for Natalee's mother.

BTW ... when will this ruling happen?

Janet

+++++

Beth Holloway's Attorney

Joran Van Der Sloot Gets 28 Years in Peru, Now US Wants Him
Jan. 13, 2012

<snipped>

The attorney for Holloway's mother, John Q. Kelly, said after today's sentencing that he hopes van der Sloot will be extradited to the U.S. within "a couple of months." ...

"We anticipate that U.S. authorities will move quickly to bring him to Alabama to face pending federal charges and to answer for his past conduct in Aruba," Kelly had said prior to the sentencing.

The U.S. District Attorney in Birmingham, where the case against van der Sloot will be prosecuted, did not immediately return calls for comment. They had previously told ABC News that they had made arrangements with Interpol to have van der Sloot extradited to the U.S.

Any sentence he might receive in the U.S. would be served in conjunction with the 28 years he was sentenced in Peru, Kelly said.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/US/joran-van-der-sloot-28-years-now-us/story?id=15353765

Joran Challenges Extradiction to Birmingham

Joran van der Sloot challenges extradition to U.S. From Mayra Cuevas
May 9, 2012

Joran van der Sloot told a judge and prosecutor Tuesday that he would prefer to finish serving a 28-year murder sentence in Peru rather than be extradited to the United States to face charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, his Peruvian lawyer said.

Representatives from the U.S. Embassy and the FBI attended the extradition hearing, which was not open to the public, Maximo Altez told InSession on Tru TV.

<snipped>

http://edition.cnn.com/2012/05/08/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html

Joran van der Sloot's Attorney

May 8, 2012 6:55pm
Joran Van Der Sloot’s Lawyer Says U.S. Extradition Inevitable

The extradition of Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. on charges of wire fraud and extortion in connection with the death of Natalee Holloway will likely take place this summer, his lawyer told ABC News today.

“The power of the United States will assure that Joran has to face a U.S. judge and I think the extradition will happen probably in two or three months,” Maximo Altez  said in an exclusve interview with ABC News.

Altez spoke to ABC News after van der Sloot appeared in a jailhouse courtroom at Piedras Gordas prison, about two hours north of Lima.

Peruvian Judge Zenaida Vilca heard arguments by U.S. Justice Department officials pushing for the extradition while  Altez opposed the move on grounds his client could not receive a fair trial in a U.S. court.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/blogs/headlines/2012/05/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-says-u-s-extradition-inevitable/

Joran Wins!

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
June 4, 2012

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #817 on: November 19, 2012, 04:17:36 PM »

_____

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #818 on: November 19, 2012, 05:47:44 PM »

Found this and was a little surprised:

"The Dutchman is wanted by authorities in the U.S. for allegedly extorting money from the Holloway family on the promise of revealing the location of her body.

He could resist extradition to the United States, where is wanted in the Holloway case, if he obtains Peruvian nationality. That would be a possibility if he becomes the father of a Peruvian child or if he marries a Peruvian citizen.

Van der Sloot is appealing his conviction.

Associated Press writer Franklin Briceno reported this story in Lima and Toby Sterling reported from Amsterdam.

Copyright © 2012 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. "

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-latest-More-lies/ZBA75Ulmaki9zSaF5OZvMw.cspx

I wonder if it's true if he becomes a Peruvian National that he can avoid extradition.

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13361.msg1541384#msg1541384

http://abcnews.go.com/News/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-denies-woman-pregnant/story?id=17426249#.UHOk7Jjqllk

Joran Van Der Sloot's Lawyer Denies He Got Woman Pregnant in Prison

(ABCNEWS.com)

By RUSSELL GOLDMAN (@GoldmanRussell) and JOE GOLDMAN
MEXICO CITY, Oct. 8, 2012

The lawyer representing Joran van der Sloot today shot down reports that the Dutch playboy who is suspected of killing Natalee Holloway had impregnated a Peruvian woman during a conjugal visit in his Peruvian prison.

Van der Sloot told Dutch newspaper, De Telegraaf, that a woman identified only as "Leidi" was pregnant with his child.

"A test has proved" the pregnancy, he told the paper.

But van der Sloot's lawyer, Maximo Altez, told ABC News the reports are not true and the woman, whose real name he said is Carol Figueroa Uceda, told him she was not pregnant.

Whether the woman is pregnant or not, it came as a surprise to many the van der Sloot, convicted of killer a Peruvian woman and suspected of killing American Natalee Holloway, is granted conjugal visits in his prison.

Altez blamed the pregnancy rumors on his own client and said De Telegraaf had never contacted the lawyer directly.

Uceda, however, had been authorized to visit van der Sloot for conjugal visits, he said. Altez said he originally utilized the woman, who had access to the prison, to help him run errands there. Later, he helped make arrangements to grant her permission for conjugal visits with van der Sloot.

Uceda in June 2011 was also rumored to have become pregnant with van der Sloot's child.

Both Altez and American lawyers said van der Sloot could not evade extradition to the U.S., by fathering a Peruvian child or marrying a Peruvian woman. Peru says it will extradite van der Sloot after he has served his prison term there.

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #819 on: November 19, 2012, 06:36:52 PM »

Joran Wins!

Van der Sloot's Extradition to US Must Wait
June 4, 2012

Joran van der Sloot's extradition to the United States will not happen until after he serves his sentence for murder in Peru, the country's highest court has ruled. That could be as long as 28 years.

But the decision by Peru's Supreme Court is not final, as Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must also approve it, van der Sloot's lawyer told the Associated Press.

<snipped>

http://www.reuters.com/article/2012/06/05/tagblogsfindlawcom2012-blotter-idUS236043756920120605

s.t.

I am not sure of the legalities encompassing Joran fathering a child ... marrying a Peruvian citizen and/or becoming a Peruvian citizen as it relates to his extradition to Birmingham to face charges regarding the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway.

However ... if Peru's Justice Minister and Cabinet approves the Supreme Court's ruling to delay extradition until Joran has served his 9-28 year Peruvian sentence for the murder beyond brutal of Stephany Flores ... could it be that the extradition to Birmingham may never happen?  Could it be that 9-28 years down the road ... the extortion case would be compromised and therefore dropped.  Think about some of the crucial witnesses who were involved in the happenings encompassing both extortion and the sting.  Will all these witnesses be in a position to effectively have their testimonies crossed examined by the defence?  Memories fade in time.  Health issues arise in time.  Deaths happens in time.  Hey ... in all probability an almost 66 year old Tamikosmom will be pushing up daisies in 28 years.

Janet

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.