March 29, 2024, 12:24:18 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940501 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #860 on: November 26, 2012, 01:29:26 PM »

I keep hoping that at some point he gets desperate enough to tell someone where to find Natalee.  It might take a few years.  But eventually, he'll be completely out of family and friends that are willing to funnel money to him to make his prison stay tolerable.  Eventually, he'll be the little lost Dutch boy of Peru.  When that day comes, I hope he begs someone to listen to him spill the beans. 

And I hope he has worms.    Monkey Devil!

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #861 on: November 26, 2012, 02:25:38 PM »

I keep hoping that at some point he gets desperate enough to tell someone where to find Natalee.  It might take a few years.  But eventually, he'll be completely out of family and friends that are willing to funnel money to him to make his prison stay tolerable.  Eventually, he'll be the little lost Dutch boy of Peru.  When that day comes, I hope he begs someone to listen to him spill the beans. 

And I hope he has worms.    Monkey Devil!
I think Papa Sloot took the answer to where Natalee is to his grave.

But I like the worms part...
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #862 on: November 26, 2012, 05:53:36 PM »

SHE ISN'T COMING HOME

Loving Natalee
A Mother's Testament of Hope and Faith
By Beth Holloway with Sunny Tillman

Page 198:  The holidays will be here soon, and we’ll have to face the first season without Natalee.   People ask what I will do, how we’ll get through it.  But it’s not the holidays and birthdays that get to me.  It’s the milestones.  Natalee would be looking forward to her winter break after her first semester at college.  But she isn’t coming home from college for Christmas.  She isn’t coming home.

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #863 on: November 26, 2012, 06:12:55 PM »

And I hope he has worms.    Monkey Devil!
I think Papa Sloot took the answer to where Natalee is to his grave.

But I like the worms part...

Yeah, me, too on the worms!

And I am afraid you are right about Papa Sloot taking the location to his grave.  I will always think he and van Straaten handled that aspect because he knew Joran could never keep his big mouth shut and so never told Joran what he did with Natalee's remains.

But every day Joran is behind bars in that truly dreadful, one of the most awful places on the planet, is a day that I feel at least a measure of justice.

And really worms are the least of what he is likely to get there as I am sure as with most prison populations,  TB and other airborne diseases are rampant.  His little monthly stipend can in no way protect him for the horrors there.

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #864 on: November 26, 2012, 06:47:09 PM »

Joran van der Sloot challenged the first ruling regarding the Birmingham extradition which would have afforded him a temporary reprieve from the horrific Peruvian prison conditions.  Why?

Janet

++++++++

Peruvian Judge Approves Birmingham Extradition

Peru Gives Green Light For Joran Van Der Sloot To Be Extradited To The U.S.
Apr 24, 2012

Peru has approved the extradition of convicted killer Joran van der Sloot to the U.S. to stand trial for extortion and wire fraud in connection with the disappearance of Alabama teen Natalee Holloway.

According to court documents obtained by Joran's attorney Maximo Altez, a Peruvian judge has approved a U.S. request for provisional detention, marking the first step in the extraction process and meaning he could land on American soil within three months, reported CNN.com.

Once his appeal for that sentence is completed in the next month, "He will go to trial in the United States. Once he is sentenced, he will return to Peru to finish serving his 28 years, and then go back to the States to serve whatever sentence he gets there,” explained Altez, where U.S. authorities want to try the Dutchman on charges of extortion and wire fraud in the Holloway case.

<snipped>

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/04/joran-van-der-sloot-extradited-us-peru

Peruvian Prison - Residence of Choice

Joran van der Sloot challenges extradition to U.S.
May 9, 2012

<snipped>

Joran van der Sloot told a judge and prosecutor Tuesday that he would prefer to finish serving a 28-year murder sentence in Peru rather than be extradited to the United States to face charges related to the disappearance of Natalee Holloway, his Peruvian lawyer said.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2012/05/08/us/peru-van-der-sloot/index.html

Peruvian Judge Delays Birmingham Extradition

Peru court: Can extradite Dutchman after prison
Jun. 4 12:25 PM

<snipped>

U.S. prosecutors who want to try Joran van der Sloot for extortion related to the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway will have to wait until he finishes serving a murder sentence in Peru, this nation's Supreme Court has ruled.

Van der Sloot's lawyer, who was notified of the decision Friday, said Monday that he expects his client will be made to serve at least two-thirds of the 28-year sentence.

The court's May 23 decision on extradition is not final, however. Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must endorse it, said the lawyer, Maximo Altez.

<snipped>

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/peru-court-can-extradite-dutchman-after-prison

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #865 on: November 26, 2012, 06:47:38 PM »

2010 Human Rights Report: Peru
Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
2010 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
April 8, 2011

Prison and Detention Center Conditions

Prison conditions were harsh for most of the country's 45,599 inmates, of whom 2,784 were women, 985 were juveniles ages 18-19 years. The National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) operates 57 of the country's active prisons, while the Peruvian National Police (PNP) has jurisdiction over 14. Prisoners with money had access to cell phones, illegal drugs, and meals prepared outside the prison; prisoners who lacked funds experienced much more difficult conditions. Overcrowding, poor sanitation, and inadequate nutrition and health care were serious problems. Inmates had intermittent access to running water, bathing facilities were inadequate, kitchen facilities were unhygienic, and prisoners slept in hallways and common areas for lack of cell space. There was basic medical care at most prisons, but there were complaints that inmates had to pay for medical attention. There was also a lack of doctors; only 54 doctors worked at the country's 71 prisons, with 34 based in the capital city area. Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS reportedly remained at near-epidemic levels. The San Juan de Lurigancho men's prison held 8,730 prisoners in a facility designed for 3,204.

Prison guards and fellow inmates reportedly abused prisoners. Guards received little or no training or supervision. There were killings in prisons, most attributed to fellow inmates.

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2010/wha/154516.htm

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #866 on: November 26, 2012, 07:27:50 PM »

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/313733/jailhouse-rock-booze-and-live-music-in-peruvian-prison

Jailhouse rock! Booze and live music in Peruvian prison
Agence France-Presse 7:29 am | Tuesday, November 27th, 201

LIMA—The head of a Peruvian maximum security prison was fired Monday after video footage showed jubilant inmates drinking and dancing to live music with outside guests in a prison patio.

The November 10 party was to celebrate the birthday of Julio Rubio Roldan, who is serving time at the Miguel Castro Castro prison, according to America TV, which aired the footage late Sunday.
 ::snipping2::
Castro Castro prison warden Jose Luis Mendoza and all of the guards on duty the day of the party were fired, said Julio Magan, head of Peru’s prison system.

“These are corrupt, mafia-type personnel,” Magan said on Monday. “This is a scandal that we are not going to allow.”

The inmates involved in organizing the party were also transferred to other prisons, Magan said.

A furious Prime Minister Juan Jimenez said he expected “more drastic sanctions,” including criminal charges against the prison staff for allowing the party.
Not at the party: Joran Van der Sloot, 25, who was initially jailed at Castro Castro in 2010 when he was charged and later found guilty of murdering a Peruvian woman. Van der Sloot was later transferred to the Lurigancho prison, also near Lima.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #867 on: November 26, 2012, 07:29:43 PM »

Prior to accepting the sentence appeal petition submitted by Attorney Altez on behalf of Joran van der Sloot ... did the court clerk who represents the Third Penal Court of Lima read the two letters authored by Joran ... two letters that reveal satisfaction with Attorney Jimenez' representation. The letters were written AFTER Joran pleaded guilty and received a 28 years sentence ... a 28 year sentence that could translate into a 9 year sentence.  Why was this appeal not rejected?

Janet

+++++

Two Letters

Joran Reportedly Getting Married Seeks Overturn of Prison Sentence
July 19, 2012

Two weeks ago, the Third Penal Court of Lima accepted the paperwork submitted by Van der Sloot’s defense attorney, Maximo Altez, in which he requests that the sentence be annulled. The court clerk stated that he meets the requirements the law establishes for its respective review, and this recourse has been handed over to Peru’s Supreme Court for evaluation.

“If we are allowed to proceed, we will request a revision of the sentence, where Joran will say he was ill-advised by his previous attorney who had promised him 15 years in exchange for a guilty plea,” Altez said during a phone interview in Lima.

<snipped>

In an interview in Lima with Newsweek, Jimenez, Van der Sloot’s former attorney, showed two letters Van der Sloot wrote in January, in the days following his conviction, in which Van der Sloot states that he is satisfied with the sentence. “How could I have cheated him if he expressed his satisfaction in two letters?” says Jimenez, pointing to where Van der Sloot wrote: “What me and Jimenez did was the best,” and “I am pleased with Mr. Jimenez’s work.”

“Both were written right after his sentencing, so if I had offered a plea bargain, how could he declare to be satisfied with my work in writing? I was his attorney until May; why didn’t he take me off the case immediately after the trial in January?

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2012/07/19/joran-van-der-sloot-reportedly-getting-married-seeks-overturn-of-prison-sentence.html

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #868 on: November 26, 2012, 08:01:28 PM »

Why did the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights (IACHR) accept and not reject the lawsuit petition filed on behalf of Joran van der Sloot? What is the implication?

Janet

+++++

10,000,000 Lawsuit

Van der Sloot sues over extradition
11/27/2011

Birmingham, Ala (WIAT) Joran van der Sloot wants $10 million dollars for what he calls human rights violations when he was extradited from Chile to Peru a year and a half ago.

<snipped>

According to the Lima daily El Commercio van der Sloot claims there was pressure from the then President of the Republic Alan García Pérez" to the Chilean government to extradite the Dutchman, who was arrested in Arica shortly after the murder.

Also named in the lawsuit are former interior minister Octavio Salazarm former Police Generala Cesar Guardia and Miguel Hidalgo , and the murdered girl's father, Ricardo Flores.

Van der Sloot has previously raised the same issues of due process and police irregularities....claims that have been dismissed by Peruvian courts. This time he filed his claim with the Inter-American Commission on Human Rights.

<snipped>

http://www.cbs42.com/content/localnews/story/Van-der-Sloot-sues-over-extradition/SptNOlV4qEGqhQJ5XFFYvA.cspx

Ten Months Later - IACHR Accepts the Lawsuit

Joran Van Der Sloot Could Get A New Trial And His Sentence Reversed
Oct 11, 2012

"The Inter-American Commission of Human Rights are going to give a final decision by December," van der Sloot's lawyer, Aldo-Favio Cotrina, told RadarOnline.com in an exclusive interview.

"They could reverse the case and order a new trial to have his sentence reduced," he explained. "This is very good news for Joran!"

<snipped>

"A letter was sent to us from the Inter-American Commission of Human Rights last month confirming that they have accepted his case," Cotrina told Radar.

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/10/joran-van-der-sloot-new-trial-sentence-reversed

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #869 on: November 26, 2012, 08:10:14 PM »

Within the next month I am anticipating the two Peruvian rulings in the Stephany Flores case and one ruling regarding Joran's sooner or later Birmingham extradition.

Will Justice Prevail?

1.  The Sentence Appeal
2.  The IACHR lawsuit
3.  The Birmingham Extradition

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #870 on: November 26, 2012, 08:17:02 PM »

Grace

I am on a mission regarding this topic.  Could you please repost the article where Joran threatens to tie up the Peruvian courts with lawsuits and litigation.

Thank You

Janet

_____

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #871 on: November 26, 2012, 08:54:20 PM »

Here you go, Janet.  The article from 2010...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/28/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=C1

Van der Sloot will fight incarceration to top court, attorney says
June 29, 2010 9:34 a.m. EDT

(CNN) --Joran van der Sloot, whose claim of unlawful incarceration was denied last week, will immediately appeal and fight all the way to the Peruvian Supreme Court and international courts, if necessary, his attorney told CNN Monday.

Van der Sloot, a 22-year-old Dutch citizen, is jailed pending trial on charges of first-degree murder and robbery in the May 30 death in of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, 21.

In an attempt to nullify a confession he gave police, van der Sloot claimed his civil rights were violated following his arrest. A judge on Friday ruled that his confession and detention stand.

His legal strategy now is to "paralyze the process," his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

Altez said van der Sloot will use every possible law that is available to him, and that if he exhausts Peruvian courts, they will reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica. He maintains that his client's rights have been violated.
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #872 on: November 26, 2012, 09:34:59 PM »

Here you go, Janet.  The article from 2010...

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/28/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=C1

Van der Sloot will fight incarceration to top court, attorney says
June 29, 2010 9:34 a.m. EDT

(CNN) --Joran van der Sloot, whose claim of unlawful incarceration was denied last week, will immediately appeal and fight all the way to the Peruvian Supreme Court and international courts, if necessary, his attorney told CNN Monday.

Van der Sloot, a 22-year-old Dutch citizen, is jailed pending trial on charges of first-degree murder and robbery in the May 30 death in of Peruvian student Stephany Flores, 21.

In an attempt to nullify a confession he gave police, van der Sloot claimed his civil rights were violated following his arrest. A judge on Friday ruled that his confession and detention stand.

His legal strategy now is to "paralyze the process," his lawyer, Maximo Altez, said.

Altez said van der Sloot will use every possible law that is available to him, and that if he exhausts Peruvian courts, they will reach out to the Inter-American Court of Human Rights in Costa Rica. He maintains that his client's rights have been violated.

That's it!!!

Thanks Grace.

Janet

_____

cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #873 on: November 27, 2012, 07:54:46 AM »

http://newsinfo.inquirer.net/313733/jailhouse-rock-booze-and-live-music-in-peruvian-prison

LIMA—The head of a Peruvian maximum security prison was fired Monday after video footage showed jubilant inmates drinking and dancing to live music with outside guests in a prison patio.

The November 10 party was to celebrate the birthday of Julio Rubio Roldan, who is serving time at the Miguel Castro Castro prison, according to America TV, which aired the footage late Sunday.
Castro Castro prison warden Jose Luis Mendoza and all of the guards on duty the day of the party were fired, said Julio Magan, head of Peru’s prison system.

“These are corrupt, mafia-type personnel,” Magan said on Monday. “This is a scandal that we are not going to allow.”

The inmates involved in organizing the party were also transferred to other prisons, Magan said.

A furious Prime Minister Juan Jimenez said he expected “more drastic sanctions,” including criminal charges against the prison staff for allowing the party.
Not at the party: Joran Van der Sloot, 25, who was initially jailed at Castro Castro in 2010 when he was charged and later found guilty of murdering a Peruvian woman. Van der Sloot was later transferred to the Lurigancho prison, also near Lima.

ha ha Party Boy missed his chance to drink and dance with his buddies at Castro Castro. You can't make this stuff up...
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #874 on: November 27, 2012, 12:55:54 PM »

ha ha Party Boy missed his chance to drink and dance with his buddies at Castro Castro. You can't make this stuff up...

Video of the party.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B02nAxZXc1c&feature=player_embedded
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #875 on: November 27, 2012, 01:45:24 PM »

IF Peru's Justice Minister and Cabinet endorses the Supreme Court's reverse ruling to delay the Birmingham extradition until Joran has served his 9-28 year Peruvian sentence for the murder beyond brutal of Stephany Flores ... could it be that the extradition to Birmingham to face charges related for the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway may never happen?

Could it be that 9-28 years down the road ... the extortion case against Joran van der Sloot may be compromised and therefore dropped? Could it be that there will be crucial State and defence witnesses who may not be available or in a position to effectively cross examined and/or provide the court with testimonies? In time memories do fade. In time health issues do arise. In time deaths do happens.

Could it be that Federal Birmingham prosecutors will be permitted to submit a challenge to the delayed extradition ruling prior to an endorsement of the Justice Minister and Cabinet?

Janet

+++++

Peruvian Judge Delays Birmingham Extradition

Peru court: Can extradite Dutchman after prison
Jun. 4 12:25 PM

U.S. prosecutors who want to try Joran van der Sloot for extortion related to the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teen Natalee Holloway will have to wait until he finishes serving a murder sentence in Peru, this nation's Supreme Court has ruled.

<snipped>

The court's May 23 decision on extradition is not final, however. Peru's justice minister and Cabinet must endorse it, said the lawyer, Maximo Altez.

The Dutchman, who was raised in Aruba, remains the prime suspect in the Holloway disappearance on the Caribbean island, and the U.S. charges stem from his alleged acceptance of $25,000 in early 2010 in exchange for an unfulfilled promise to lead her mother's lawyer, John Q. Kelly, to the body.

Federal prosecutors in Birmingham, Alabama, where Van der Sloot is charged, declined to comment on the court's decision. Kelly said he had no immediate comment.

http://bigstory.ap.org/article/peru-court-can-extradite-dutchman-after-prison

s.t.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #876 on: November 27, 2012, 02:50:26 PM »

THE PERUVIAN JUDICIAL SYSTEM - TAINTED WITH CORRUPTION

Judicial System

Individual Corruption

The Peruvian judicial system is tainted with corruption and official pressure, according to the US Department of State 2010. Similarly, Freedom House 2011 reports that corruption in the judiciary remains rampant. Also Transparency International's Global Corruption Barometer 2010 points out that the judiciary is among the most corrupt public institutions in Peru. According to the report, well over half of the surveyed households consider it as 'extremely corrupt', while more than a quarter reports having paid a bribe in 2009. Also, in the Proética Fifth National Survey on Corruption 2008, the surveyed citizens consider the judiciary to be among the most corrupt institutionsin Peru. User surveys also indicate that unofficial payments affect both the speed and the final outcome of judicial processess.

http://www.business-anti-corruption.com/country-profiles/latin-america-the-caribbean/peru/corruption-levels/judicial-system/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #877 on: November 27, 2012, 05:04:09 PM »

FOOD FOR THOUGHT

Could it be that "corrupt" Peruvian prosecutors/judges are attempting a balancing act regarding the rulings encompassing Joran van der Sloot? Could it be that Joran must be appeased while at the same time the prominent Flores' family, the Birmingham prosecutors, John Q. Kelly and Beth Holloway must be afforded a sense of assurance that Peruvian justice is the objective.  Something akin to the almost eight year Aruban Dog and Pony Show. 

Will justice prevail for the murder beyond brutal of Stephany Flores? Will justice prevail for the extortion beyond cruel of Beth Holloway? Could it be that there are Aruban/Dutch higher ups behind the scenes pulling Peruvian strings in an attempt to pacify Joran whose words have the ability to bring down the Aruban/Dutch house of cards.

If Joran plays his ace ... if Joran talks ... ALL those who were involved in the happening on the morning of May 30, 2005 and ... ALL higher-ups within and without of the corrupt Natalee Holloway investigation who were participants through knowledge or involvement in the ensuing cover up will be exposed. Also ... the truth encompassing the contents of the trap will be revealed ... the contents of the trap that was turned over unchallenged to the Aruban/Dutch enemy by the Persistence Project Lead.

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #878 on: November 27, 2012, 09:42:23 PM »

VIET VET - JUG AND BETH'S FRIEND

Aruba Lied and another Girl Died … Joran Van der Sloot Suspect in the Murder of Stephany Tatiana Flores Ramirez in Peru … Joran on the Run
Posted June 2, 2010 by Scared Monkeys

viet vet on June 3rd, 2010 9:14 am

Joran has to watch his back from former friends as well as his many enemies. There is a house of cards in Aruba, everyone was in on the coverup, Police, Government, Prosecuter, and many locals. They would hate for Joran to tell what he knows, it will expose them and ruin there lives and probably Aruba. Sad thing is there are some good innocent people in Aruba who have been taken for a ride. I went down there 3 times to help search for Natalee. The coverup was from the very beginning, and yes, a lot of those liars are now going to pay. Joran would be safer in Peru right now than anywhere else, at least there he knows what to expect. I feel certain a lot of people want him dead today. Get smart Joran, GIVE UP.

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2010/06/02/aruba-lied-and-another-girl-died-joran-van-der-sloot-suspect-in-the-murder-of-stephany-tatiana-flores-ramirez-in-peru-joran-on-the-run/

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #879 on: November 27, 2012, 10:04:57 PM »

ADVOCATES FROM THE GETGO

Does the Dutch Embassy and the Peruvian Interior Minister advocate for ALL Dutch citizen to the extent that advocation was afforded Joran van der Sloot from the getgo.

If Aruban investigators had acted as quickly one month earlier while he was still on Aruban soil in regards to the interrogation of Joran encompassing the extortion sting ... ... could it be that a young lady name Stephany would not have had a deadly encounter and today she would be following her dreams.

Janet

Regular Consular Assistance

Holloway Suspect's Peru Detention Extended
Published June 07, 2010

Dutch Embassy chief consular officer Angela Lowe said her government was providing van der Sloot with "regular consular assistance, which means an occasional consular visit, and we will make sure he is being treated decently, just like any other inmate."

She said Peruvian authorities have assured the Dutch government they are treating him well. "They are taking this case very seriously," she added. "The world is watching."

<snipped>

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2010/06/06/dutch-murder-suspects-asks-private-lawyer-spent-week-police-office-peru/

The Dutch Embassy Not Comforable - Peruvian Interior Minister Reacts

Van der Sloot remains jailed as murder investigation continues
June 6, 2010 9:39 p.m. EDT

The Embassy has told Peruvian authorities that it is not comfortable with the way van der Sloot has been presented to the media, Neyra said.

The Peruvian interior minister is asking authorities not to talk about the case without his authorization.

<snipped>

http://www.cnn.com/2010/CRIME/06/06/peru.murder.case/index.html?hpt=Sbin

Dutch Embassy Delegation

ISSUES WITH JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL
Van Der Sloot Captured on Murder Charge
Aired June 3, 2010 - 19:00:00 ET

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Vinda De Sousa is on the line. She is the Aruban attorney for Natalee Holloway`s dad, Dave. Vinda, we have just learned that a delegation from the Dutch embassy visited Joran minutes ago in a Chilean jail. ...

OK. What are your thoughts of the fact that the Dutch embassy visited him in jail in Chile?

DE SOUSA: Well, you know, that`s -- that`s not unusual. Whenever a Dutch citizen is jailed abroad, either the embassy or the consul general will visit the person detained or in custody, being a Dutch citizen, to offer assistance, it`s part of the Dutch policy.

<snipped>

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1006/03/ijvm.01.html

An Aruban and Peruvian Agreement

Aruban, Peruvian authorities will 'help each other' in murder probe
June 15, 2010

Aruban and Peruvian authorities have agreed to "help each other" in the murder investigation of Stephany Flores -- in which Joran Van der Sloot is the prime suspect, an Aruban government spokesman said Tuesday.

Following a phone meeting with Peruvian Judge Carlos Morales on Tuesday morning, Aruban government spokesman Taco Stein said Peruvian authorities have agreed to allow Aruban investigators into Peru to interview van der Sloot once a formal request has been made.

<snipped>

http://articles.cnn.com/2010-06-15/justice/aruba.van.der.sloot_1_holloway-case-aruban-van-der-sloot?_s=PM:CRIME

_____

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.