March 28, 2024, 09:22:45 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #866 7/23/12 - 12/01/12  (Read 940359 times)
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #880 on: November 27, 2012, 10:25:01 PM »

Loving Natalee - Beth Holloway
Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #881 on: November 27, 2012, 11:11:41 PM »

It's almost as if none of us have been following this story since 2005.

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #882 on: November 28, 2012, 12:36:36 AM »

::Monkey HaHa::
Quote from: wreck link=topic=13361.msg 1546954#msg 1546954 date=1354075901

It is.  Or that we can't think and need to be told what to think.

Certainly no one is appeasing Joran in any way.  He is in one of the worst prisons on the planet and no amount of guard-bribing can change that.  He even got left out of the birthday party.

Most people from countries that don't have the death penalty are very fearful of it.  Joran has to be thinking in the back of his mind that if he ever gets extradited to the U.S., some how some way we are going to slap the cuffs on him for what he did to Natalee and Alabama is a state with high execution rate.  Not as much so as Texas and Florida but still we don't hesitate.

That's the reason he's fighting extradition and always will.  And you never know, he just might be right about that.  It has nothing to do whatsoever with his current conditions being good in any way but rather with his fear of something happening to him of that nature.   

I like to think about how this terrifies him.  And always will.  He will always be looking over his shoulder for any number of reasons from now on.

Monkey Devil!

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #883 on: November 28, 2012, 01:13:51 AM »

THE ANTICIPATED DOCUMENTATION

The anticipated documentation regarding the excessive privileges Joran van der Sloot received from the getgo while detained in a Peruvian lockup was never revealed to the media as per Ricardo Flores statement. Could it be that it the timing was not right and the expose' may be released following a judge's ruling in regards to Joran van der Sloot's sentence appeal?

Could it be that something akin to Beth Holloway and Aruba ... Ricardo Flores will become a force for Peru to reckon with?

Janet

Excessive Privileged Since the First Day

Judges sentence Holloway suspect Van der Sloot to 28 years in Peru woman's murder
Associated Press
Friday, January 13, 2012 9:3 PM

<snipped>

The Peruvian victim's father, Ricardo Flores, complained after the sentencing that Van der Sloot was living well in a Lima prison, where he has been segregated from the general population.

"A jail isn't a five-star hotel," Ricardo Flores told reporters. "Since the first day, we've been complaining about the excessive privileges" Van der Sloot allegedly enjoyed in jail.

Unconfirmed news reports, denied by penal authorities, say Van der Sloot has had a cellphone, television, a video gaming console and Internet access in his cell. A Peruvian TV station published a photo Friday it says was taken by Van der Sloot himself of his prison cell that shows a 42-inch LCD television, a Blu-ray player and an Internet modem.

Flores said that "everything they showed on the TV has been proven" but that he would not have documentation of it to present to the news media until Monday.

Van der Sloot's attorney, Jose Jimenez, said he is not familiar with his client's prison cell.

As in many developing nations, foreigners with money can buy superior treatment in Peru's prisons, including decent food, while the vast majority of inmates suffer overcrowding and constant peril from criminal gangs.

<snipped>

http://www.globalnews.ca/canada/world/sentencing+day+for+van+der+sloot+in+peru+woman39s+murder/6442558710/story.html

Page 219: I have to make difficult choices every day.  I have to make a conscious decision every morning when I wake up not to be bitter, not to live in resentment and let anger control me.  It's not easy.  I ask God to help me.
_____

“A person of integrity expects to be believed and when he’s not, he let’s time prove him right.” -unknown
Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #884 on: November 28, 2012, 01:47:51 AM »

PIEDRAS GORDAS PRISON - CONJUGAL VISITATION

Attorney Aldo Cotrina claims that conjugal visits are not permitted at Piedras Gordas.  On the other hand ... Attorney Maximo Altez reveals that he made conjugal visitation "arrangements" for Joran van der Sloot and Leidy Figueroa Uceda.

Does it makes sense that a "registered guest" implies prison guard was not secretly slipped a bribe?

Janet

Attorney Aldo Cotrina - No Conjugal Visits Permitted

No Wedding Bells For Joran! Reports Of Van Der Sloot's Marriage 'Are A Joke,' Says His Lawyer
July 20, 2012

It was reported that the charismatic convict had women come visit him at his former and more lenient prison, Castro Castro (although his lawyer at the time denied that he got one of them pregnant in June 2011), but conjugal visits are not allowed in his new home.

"He is allowed relatives to visit but no girlfriends," explained Cotrina, and for married inmates: "Wives are permitted but not for conjugal visits or overnight stays.

<snipped>

http://www.radaronline.com/exclusives/2012/07/joran-van-der-sloot-not-getting-married-lawyer-exclusive

Attorney Maximo Altez - Conjugal Visits Arranged

Joran Van Der Sloot's Lawyer Denies He Got Woman Pregnant in Prison
Oct. 8, 2012

Altez blamed the pregnancy rumors on his own client and said De Telegraaf had never contacted the lawyer directly.

Uceda, however, had been authorized to visit van der Sloot for conjugal visits, he said. Altez said he originally utilized the woman, who had access to the prison, to help him run errands there. Later, he helped make arrangements to grant her permission for conjugal visits with van der Sloot.

<snipped>

http://abcnews.go.com/News/joran-van-der-sloots-lawyer-denies-woman-pregnant/story?id=17426249

Leidy Figueroa Uceda - Joran's Registered Conjugal Visitor

Report: Imprisoned Joran van der Sloot impregnates woman
Oct 08, 2012

Van der Sloot's attorney Maximo Altez, told The Associated Press that a woman named Leidy Figueroa Uceda "is registered as a conjugal visitor of Joran. She is registered in the visitors books of the Piedras Gordas prison in Lima."

<snipped>

http://www.wlwt.com/news/local-news/Report-Imprisoned-Joran-van-der-Sloot-impregnates-woman/-/9837878/16901808/-/74mtf1z/-/index.html?absolute=true

_____

Tamikosmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #885 on: November 28, 2012, 01:50:30 AM »

2010 Human Rights Report: Peru
Bureau of Democracy, Human Rights, and Labor
2010 Country Reports on Human Rights Practices
April 8, 2011

Prison and Detention Center Conditions

Prison conditions were harsh for most of the country's 45,599 inmates, of whom 2,784 were women, 985 were juveniles ages 18-19 years. The National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) operates 57 of the country's active prisons, while the Peruvian National Police (PNP) has jurisdiction over 14. Prisoners with money had access to cell phones, illegal drugs, and meals prepared outside the prison; prisoners who lacked funds experienced much more difficult conditions. Overcrowding, poor sanitation, and inadequate nutrition and health care were serious problems. Inmates had intermittent access to running water, bathing facilities were inadequate, kitchen facilities were unhygienic, and prisoners slept in hallways and common areas for lack of cell space. There was basic medical care at most prisons, but there were complaints that inmates had to pay for medical attention. There was also a lack of doctors; only 54 doctors worked at the country's 71 prisons, with 34 based in the capital city area. Tuberculosis and HIV/AIDS reportedly remained at near-epidemic levels. The San Juan de Lurigancho men's prison held 8,730 prisoners in a facility designed for 3,204.

Prison guards and fellow inmates reportedly abused prisoners. Guards received little or no training or supervision. There were killings in prisons, most attributed to fellow inmates.

http://www.state.gov/j/drl/rls/hrrpt/2010/wha/154516.htm

_____

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #886 on: November 28, 2012, 09:56:36 AM »

Certainly no one is appeasing Joran in any way.  He is in one of the worst prisons on the planet and no amount of guard-bribing can change that.  He even got left out of the birthday party.

Most people from countries that don't have the death penalty are very fearful of it.  Joran has to be thinking in the back of his mind that if he ever gets extradited to the U.S., some how some way we are going to slap the cuffs on him for what he did to Natalee and Alabama is a state with high execution rate.  Not as much so as Texas and Florida but still we don't hesitate.

That's the reason he's fighting extradition and always will.  And you never know, he just might be right about that.  It has nothing to do whatsoever with his current conditions being good in any way but rather with his fear of something happening to him of that nature.   

I like to think about how this terrifies him.  And always will.  He will always be looking over his shoulder for any number of reasons from now on.

Monkey Devil!

Well....... I find it quite insulting to ALL of us who have poured our hearts into this case since 2005. I find it even more insulting for Beth who doesn't need to be told how she she should feel about Joran or his plight. I'm sick of it and refuse to just "ignore" this barrage of non-sense any longer. I also refuse to be driven from this site (like about 90% of our old posters) because of one selfish, insulting poster. If it takes a "fight" -- so be it. I refuse to sit by any longer -- ban me if you must, it's the only way I am going to shut up.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #887 on: November 28, 2012, 03:23:20 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Well....... I find it quite insulting to ALL of us who have poured our hearts into this case since 2005. I find it even more insulting for Beth who doesn't need to be told how she she should feel about Joran or his plight. I'm sick of it and refuse to just "ignore" this barrage of non-sense any longer. I also refuse to be driven from this site (like about 90% of our old posters) because of one selfish, insulting poster. If it takes a "fight" -- so be it. I refuse to sit by any longer -- ban me if you must, it's the only way I am going to shut up.

THANK YOU WRECK!!!    I totally agree with you.

I stand with Wreck!!!   

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #888 on: November 28, 2012, 06:17:20 PM »

Monkey Devil!

Thank you wreck!   

I hope you know just how much I agree with you too!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #889 on: November 28, 2012, 06:47:40 PM »

Seven years is a long time.  Many of us here have been together that long and
we have stood together against the likes of Mark Purcell, Julia Renfro, Paulus,
Chat and Grumble and even that spell checking Debbie and He Who Shall Not Be
Named.   We have stood for Natalle and Beth and then for Stephany and we have
defended each other.   It is just wrong for one bully to drive everybody away

I would like to be around to see the Kalpoe lawsuit against Dr. Phil resolved
for Joran to get his just punishment.without being subjected to the constant
bombardment of Joran's winnings.

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #890 on: November 28, 2012, 07:19:22 PM »

This is someone who is rude and lacks any class....and reminds me of a troll.  Also a person who has a need for attention that overrides anything that others around her may feel.  Social manners are lacking.  The person does not care what anyone thinks except herself.

From the urban dictionary....a troll is....One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.
http://www.urbandictionary.com/define.php?term=troll

Need for attention....a good link for attention-seeking behavior
http://www.bullyonline.org/workbully/attent.htm

I would like to let the scrolling blisters heal.  I would like to talk with others on this forum like I have in the past.  I would like not to have to push myself to sign in and go to this thread....

In the past I felt part of it....How nice it would be to just come in and say hello to Texasmom, Wreck, Anna and Magnolia.....Hello there..!!!
....and not have to wade through numerous, extraneous, duplicate posts that only the original poster cares about....

Hugs people.....

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #891 on: November 28, 2012, 07:21:57 PM »

Seven years is a long time.  Many of us here have been together that long and
we have stood together against the likes of Mark Purcell, Julia Renfro, Paulus,
Chat and Grumble and even that spell checking Debbie and He Who Shall Not Be
Named.   We have stood for Natalle and Beth and then for Stephany and we have
defended each other.   It is just wrong for one bully to drive everybody away

I would like to be around to see the Kalpoe lawsuit against Dr. Phil resolved
for Joran to get his just punishment.without being subjected to the constant
bombardment of Joran's winnings.

You're so right, Magnolia.   

I could write a book from what you've said...but I'll spare everyone.     Monkey Devil!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #892 on: November 28, 2012, 07:30:47 PM »

This is someone who is rude and lacks any class....and reminds me of a troll.  Also a person who has a need for attention that overrides anything that others around her may feel.  Social manners are lacking.  The person does not care what anyone thinks except herself.

From the urban dictionary....a troll is....One who posts a deliberately provocative message to a newsgroup or message board with the intention of causing maximum disruption and argument.

I would like to let the scrolling blisters heal.  I would like to talk with others on this forum like I have in the past.  I would like not to have to push myself to sign in and go to this thread....

In the past I felt part of it....How nice it would be to just come in and say hello to Texasmom, Wreck, Anna and Magnolia.....Hello there..!!!
....and not have to wade through numerous, extraneous, duplicate posts that only the original poster cares about....

Hugs people.....

Hugs back at ya Mere!   So good to see you.     ::justice2NJ::

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #893 on: November 28, 2012, 07:43:02 PM »

Thanks Magnolia....after thinking about the "seven years"....I feel as old as Betty White but not as sharp....lol.

So good to see you too.    ::justice2NJ::

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #894 on: November 28, 2012, 07:45:04 PM »

Hugs people.....

Hi Mere!  

THANK YOU!  ITA, IT IS troll-ish behavior; and it is not limited to this thread.

I used to think the WHY might be interesting to know, but honestly at this point; I really don't care.

Great links btw!    

(((HUGS))) backatcha!  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #895 on: November 28, 2012, 08:05:38 PM »

A member for almost four years...and not one single post?

Why? 

Not trying to be mean, just really wondering!   

Especially when you consider this discussion! 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=5666

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #896 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:51 PM »

The whole book has been reprinted here --- I'm sure Beth thanks you for that too! ................. NOT

Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #897 on: November 28, 2012, 09:10:37 PM »

The whole book has been reprinted here --- I'm sure Beth thanks you for that too! ................. NOT

It's not like we haven't all read the book.....but I guess we didn't know
which pasages were important.
  ::justice2NJ::

melliebell
Scared Monkey

« Reply #898 on: November 28, 2012, 10:55:05 PM »

A member for almost four years...and not one single post?

Why? 

Not trying to be mean, just really wondering!   

Especially when you consider this discussion! 

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?action=profile;u=5666
Because I prefer to lurk. I'm always behind in reading. What's that got to do with this discussion?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #899 on: November 28, 2012, 11:02:23 PM »

Hi melliebell!

I think people are just frustrated 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 50 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.