March 18, 2024, 08:20:54 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #867 12/01/12 - 8/16/13  (Read 497427 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #420 on: March 09, 2013, 12:58:24 AM »

Yeah, bleed the Kalpoes, Aruba and their attorneys dry 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #421 on: March 09, 2013, 07:57:32 AM »

Does anyone remember what the "Plaintiffs' Petition for Extraordinary Relief" was pertaining to?

I'm guessing it was from contempt of court for not producing something?  Something that it looks like they're planning to take to the highest court in the land to seek relief from producing?

Please don't throw bananas if this is something I should remember! 
Monkey with a lot on her mind here... 

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #422 on: March 09, 2013, 07:58:42 AM »

Yeah, bleed the Kalpoes, Aruba and their attorneys dry 

Sounds good to me!   

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #423 on: March 09, 2013, 10:09:16 AM »

Does anyone remember what the "Plaintiffs' Petition for Extraordinary Relief" was pertaining to?

I'm guessing it was from contempt of court for not producing something?  Something that it looks like they're planning to take to the highest court in the land to seek relief from producing?

I'll see if I can find it
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #424 on: March 09, 2013, 10:15:11 AM »

I'm guessing it was from contempt of court for not producing something?  Something that it looks like they're planning to take to the highest court in the land to seek relief from producing?

No document with the words Extraordinary and only two with Relief - Both from December 2010:

DEFENDANTS REPLY TO PLAINTIFFS RESPONSE TO DEFENDANTS MOTION TO VACATE OR RECONSIDER ANY EX PARTE RELIEF GRANTED

PLAINTIFFS DEEPAK AND SATISH KALPOES RESPONSE TO DEFENDANTS MOTION TO VACATE OR RECONSIDER ANY EX PARTE RELIEF GRANTED AND THE DECLARATION OF JOSHUA D. YEAGER IN SUPPORT THEREOF.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #425 on: March 09, 2013, 05:35:46 PM »

Thanks Klaas   

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #426 on: March 09, 2013, 05:59:07 PM »

Thanks Klaas   

Are either one of those the one you were thinking of? 
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #427 on: March 09, 2013, 11:11:51 PM »

Thanks Klaas   

Are either one of those the one you were thinking of? 

Still not ringing a bell with me.  But I do appreciate your looking for the doc titles for me.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #428 on: March 10, 2013, 01:25:16 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

::justice2NJ::

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #429 on: March 10, 2013, 11:55:24 AM »

I was looking for info on the "Extraordinary Relief" and came across an interesting article from December 2012:

Kalpoe Brothers Cannot Seek Punitive Damages       
Written by Information Provided to San Fernando Valley Sun   
Thursday, 27 December 2012 02:30

LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Two brothers who allege they were defamed on a "Dr. Phil" episode about Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba cannot seek punitive or general damages in their $800 million lawsuit, a judge affirmed.

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe filed their complaint in December 2006 against Phil McGraw and CBS, maintaining their reputations were damaged in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil" show in which it was implied that they drugged the 18-year- old Alabama college student and raped her.

On Nov. 13, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge William MacLaughlin granted a defense motion to prevent the Kalpoes from asking for punitive or general damages because they did not comply with the California Civil Code and make a written demand for a retraction of the material they believed was defamatory within 20 days.

Attorneys for the Kalpoes maintained in their court papers that the retraction rule only applied to media outlets engaged in the "immediate and rapid dissemination of news." They asked MacLaughlin today to reconsider his previous ruling, saying the Kalpoe siblings otherwise would be "stripped of their right to proceed on the full merits of the overwhelming majority of their causes of action."

The Kalpoe attorneys said the ruling affects 21 of their 24 causes of action. They claimed that demanding a retraction would have been futile and asked the judge to either reverse his prior ruling or hold off a final ruling until trial, when they could present additional evidence. MacLaughlin said he was denying the motion because they did not present any new facts or new law. "I'm certainly not unaware of the consequences of the court's ruling," the judge said.

MacLaughlin has yet to rule on whether the Kalpoes are public figures. If he makes that finding, the brother would have a higher standard of proof ahead of them to show they were defamed. Trial is scheduled for April 22.

::snipping2::

http://www.sanfernandosun.com/sanfernsun/news/8846-kalpoe-brothers-cannot-seek-punitive-damages-

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #430 on: March 10, 2013, 12:41:33 PM »

Thanks Buckeye!   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #431 on: March 10, 2013, 12:46:09 PM »

I was looking for info on the "Extraordinary Relief" and came across an interesting article from December 2012:

Kalpoe Brothers Cannot Seek Punitive Damages       
Written by Information Provided to San Fernando Valley Sun   
Thursday, 27 December 2012 02:30

LOS ANGELES (CNS) - Two brothers who allege they were defamed on a "Dr. Phil" episode about Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba cannot seek punitive or general damages in their $800 million lawsuit, a judge affirmed.

Deepak and Satish Kalpoe filed their complaint in December 2006 against Phil McGraw and CBS, maintaining their reputations were damaged in a Sept. 15, 2005, "Dr. Phil" show in which it was implied that they drugged the 18-year- old Alabama college student and raped her.

On Nov. 13, Los Angeles Superior Court Judge William MacLaughlin granted a defense motion to prevent the Kalpoes from asking for punitive or general damages because they did not comply with the California Civil Code and make a written demand for a retraction of the material they believed was defamatory within 20 days.

Attorneys for the Kalpoes maintained in their court papers that the retraction rule only applied to media outlets engaged in the "immediate and rapid dissemination of news." They asked MacLaughlin today to reconsider his previous ruling, saying the Kalpoe siblings otherwise would be "stripped of their right to proceed on the full merits of the overwhelming majority of their causes of action."

The Kalpoe attorneys said the ruling affects 21 of their 24 causes of action. They claimed that demanding a retraction would have been futile and asked the judge to either reverse his prior ruling or hold off a final ruling until trial, when they could present additional evidence. MacLaughlin said he was denying the motion because they did not present any new facts or new law. "I'm certainly not unaware of the consequences of the court's ruling," the judge said.

MacLaughlin has yet to rule on whether the Kalpoes are public figures. If he makes that finding, the brother would have a higher standard of proof ahead of them to show they were defamed. Trial is scheduled for April 22.

::snipping2::

http://www.sanfernandosun.com/sanfernsun/news/8846-kalpoe-brothers-cannot-seek-punitive-damages-

Wow!!! How did we miss that?!?  Makes the new postponement even more interesting ....................... how much this is now costing the Kalpoe benefactors is now beyond ludicrous!! There is NO chance of renumeration. 

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #432 on: March 10, 2013, 12:53:20 PM »

Thanks Buckeye!   

::justice2NJ::

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #433 on: March 10, 2013, 10:48:13 PM »

Challapalca him!
crazybabyborg
« Reply #434 on: March 11, 2013, 02:23:38 AM »

WOW! I had also missed that! However, let me shout out a belated WOO-HOO!!

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #435 on: March 11, 2013, 03:10:39 PM »

There have been a couple of young girls(Arubans) go missing in Aruba recently:

http://www.awe24.com/

leendert phone: come acro come across 4 hora happen come across, 11 of march 2013 10:10 Seccion: incident monitoring report form name & surname: rondon suarez Albani eloiza callsign / nickname: Albita / Albani birthdate provided That place: November 22, 1999 in Aruba (13 yr) address: Tanki Leendert job: pink college length: 1.60 m figure: slim skin color: light brown hair color: black hair style: shoulder length eyebrows: normal color v / d eyes: black nose: normal mouth: normal modes: normal speech / language : Papiamentu / spanish / english / Dutch & clothing (type & color): pink pants, gray t-shirt provided That white sport shoes. Last active: Albani was on 10 march 2012 around 20:30 pm, last, seen by her mother. this wax at home. Albani then had a discussion with her mother, she ran away. contact name: lilian marguerite Suarez Briceno the rondon (mother). Address: tankis

come across 4 hora happen come across, 11 of march 2013 10:05 Seccion: incident monitoring report form name & surname: Mirtha marilyn Espinal jimenez callsign / nickname: Mirtha birthdate provided That Place: Aruba, September 20, 2000 Address: Caya danza phone number: occupation: student (colegio oroabou) length: 1.58 meter stature: normal skin color: light brown hair color: black hair style: slightly unkempt eyebrows: full color v / d eyes: dark brown nose: little big mouth big teeth: NTV speech / language: Papiamentu / Spanish / Dutch particulars: pimples on forehead has provided That scar on left eyebrow Last active: Caya danza around 23:00 Contact Name: katherine, Espinal jimenez Address: Caya danza phone: come across

come across 1 day happen come across, 9 of march 2013 16:48 seccion: incidente here is follow the informacion of buskeda: tuesday for 6or of nightfall the hobencita here of 16 year of edad owing to leave for of cas for go party of one conosi y till still not owing to jega cas bek and of school we owing to find information cu the not owing to present at school niether come across. the la leave for of cas dress cu one jeans y top blanco.su name is destiny isabella and is visit la salle college.familiares owing to try take contacto cune but this is envano.porfabor esun cu can look at the or know algo of dje please take contacto cu tipline of police at 11141-104 or jama familiar at 5939840 come across

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #436 on: March 11, 2013, 07:52:01 PM »

Missing you!  an angelic monkey  Rest in peace.   an angelic monkey

Please light a candle and say a prayer for Rose Anne aka 2NJ_SonsMom.  She passed on March 11, 2011. 
Link to candles:
http://www.gratefulness.org/candles/candles.cfm?l=eng&gi=2NJ

Link to her memorial thread:
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=9480.0

an angelic monkey

http://www.bucuticam.com/

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #437 on: March 11, 2013, 08:37:57 PM »

[<<]  [>>]
Domain Name

tpnet.pl ? (Poland)
IP Address 83.28.219.# (Neostrada Plus)
ISP Polish Telecom
Location Continent Europe
Country Poland  (Facts)
State/Region Zamosc
City Zakrzew
Lat/Long 50.8833, 22.6 (Map)
Language Polish
pl
Operating System Microsoft WinXP
Browser Firefox 
Mozilla/5.0 (Windows NT 5.1; rv:19.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/19.0
Javascript version 1.5
Monitor Resolution 1024 x 768
Color Depth 24 bits
Time of Visit Mar 8 2013 6:31:29 pm
Last Page View Mar 8 2013 6:40:30 pm
Visit Length 9 minutes 1 second
Page Views
Referring URL http://www.google.pl...=/search%3Fq%3DAmy%2
Search Engine google.pl
Search Words amy%2
Visit Entry Page http://scaredmonkeys...dex.php?topic=960.20
Visit Exit Page http://scaredmonkeys...topic=960.msg1286439
Out Click http://www.bondia.com/index.php?option=com_content&task=view&id=6382&Itemid=1
http://www.bondia.co...iew&id=6382&Itemid=1
Time Zone UTC+1:00
Visitor's Time Mar 9 2013 12:31:29 am
Visit Number 32,342,014

They visited this thread:

http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=960.20
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #438 on: March 11, 2013, 08:44:14 PM »

looking into attorney used by Atlantic Entertainment (MANSURS) in Florida that was also Gordon Liddy's attorney.

[<<]  [>>]
Domain Name gonzaga.org ? (Organization)
IP Address 207.239.235.# (XO Communications)
ISP XO Communications
Location Continent North America
Country United States  (Facts)
State District of Columbia
City Washington
Lat/Long 38.9097, -77.0231 (Map)
Language English (U.S.)
en-us
Operating System Macintosh MacOSX
Browser Safari 1.3
Mozilla/5.0 (iPod; CPU iPhone OS 6_0_1 like Mac OS X) AppleWebKit/536.26 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/6.0 Mobile/10A523 Safari/8536.25
Javascript version 1.5
Monitor Resolution 320 x 480
Color Depth 32 bits
Time of Visit Feb 28 2013 3:02:07 pm
Last Page View Feb 28 2013 3:02:07 pm
Visit Length 0 seconds
Page Views 1
Referring URL
Visit Entry Page http://scaredmonkeys...ex.php?topic=2951.40
Visit Exit Page http://scaredmonkeys...ex.php?topic=2951.40
Out Click
Time Zone UTC-5:00
Visitor's Time Feb 28 2013 3:02:07 pm
Visit Number 32,311,607

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #439 on: March 11, 2013, 08:49:34 PM »

I am a walrus

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.