March 18, 2024, 08:39:34 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #867 12/01/12 - 8/16/13  (Read 497433 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #640 on: April 28, 2013, 10:05:34 PM »

If I understand correctly, the man was diving in Curacao, some of his diving equipment was found, and then his body washed up on the beach in Aruba days later.

http://masnoticia.com/curpa-sin-bida-haya-ta-drief-den-lama-pariba-di-molina-di-biento/

curpa without life achieve is drief in lama east of molina of wind

masnoticia april 26, 2013

diabierna first cu 11 or of night informe owing to enter tanto at central of police y centro of alarma cu one curpa without life achieve is drief in lama east of the molina of wind height of the zwartemangel. of trip one police is bay throw one view look at if this is cuadra y owing to come across cu one curpa of one person color blanco cu one flapper at canto of lama.di trip owing to place autoridadnan concerni at height. the person here his curpa is in full another estado. is sospecha cu the curpa here will is envolvi cu the perdida of the sambuyado max willen wederfoort naci 25 may1966 cu is perdi at curacao for of end of week of 21 april. y on 23 april owing to succeed achieve at fondo of lama 160 leg one diving gear. recherche owing to haci his investigacion at the sitio together cu departamento technico. fiscal owing to present happen of 12 or y owing to give orden for take the curpa in beslag for haci investigacion. behold the news cu masnoticia owing to publica on 23 april

http://masnoticia.com/famia-wederfoort-a-haci-oracion-y-cu-ofrenda-y-gradici-esnan-cu-a-haya-nan-ser-keri/

Papiamentu translation:

family wederfoort owing to haci oracion y cu ofrenda y gradici esnan cu owing to achieve they being keri

masnoticia april 27, 2013

saturday 9 or of morning family wederfoort of curacao owing to arrive aruba cu plane where in oranan of marduga they owing to stay informa cu at aruba owing to achieve one curpa of one person masculino without life at costa east of kia. the family owing to cuminsa busca autoridadnan competente for so look at if can confirma cu the curpa is of they being keri cu for of 21 of april not owing to arrive ground more at curacao after of owing to bay diving. via one potret the mother, father y casa of the defundo max wederfoort is reconoce they being keri cu owing to stay achieve without life east of aruba diabierna night. they owing to present at hospital the part of mortuario together cu fiscal, recherche for so look at the curpa but hour the autopsia owing to termina in careda of 3 or nightfall not owing to let family look at the curpa still. after owing to present at the office of recherche for look at more of the potretnan con owing to come encontra cu the curpa without life near of zwartemangel. alrededor of 5:30 nightfall, family together cu the personal of sarfa owing to present at the costa y here owing to haci oracion y one ofrenda floral. y family y the casa is gradici the are local cu is campando cu is esnan cu owing to beat alarma diabierna night y also at sarfa cu owing to haci they attempt of morning till nightfall for of baby beach till cu costa north of aruba for cu the buskeda rond of we costa if can owing to come across cu the curpa. family at ultimo owing to let the krans bay in lama y owing to place flornan on sand where they're despedi for 6 or of nightfall for of the lama.

Article from April 23rd about the search for him in Curacao, I think it mentions them finding his diving equipment.

http://masnoticia.com/a-localisa-material-di-sambuya-di-sambuyado-wederfoort-den-fondo-di-lama/

owing to localisa material of diving of sambuyado wederfoort in fondo of lama

masnoticia april 23, 2013

in end of week at curacao one buskeda big did take lugar at the costa of westkust y also on lama for one person cu owing to bay diving y not owing to arrive ground never more. of trip owing to cuminsa haci investigacionnan big. y one dive expedition owing to localisa the diving gear of the sambuyado eric wederfoort in fondo of lama at 160 leg of the profundidad. the sitio in the fondo of lama is serca caminda the sambuyado owing to descend at water. for of monday is buscando the sambuyado here. this is informacionnan cu family owing to relata at prensa of curacao. the family owing to splica the achievement cu owing to localisa the material in fondo of lama, is one indicacion cu wederfoort owing to less the aparatura of diving for of his curpa for her can owing to arrive at superfise of water. algo have to owing to sosode cu owing to place cu the la haci this. the dive expedition was one work of esnan of come across, keep costa, navy reali y citro. owing to using super rhid, helicpter, y much sambuyado for busca wederfoort. at the momentonan here owing to stop all buskeda of the dive expedition. eric is conoci because; one perfect of sambuyado, y curacao is pendiente on cualkier news if can come across cu algo.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #641 on: April 28, 2013, 10:46:44 PM »

http://www.qracao.com/index.php/dit-is-een-artikelen/7684-lichaam-max-wederfoort-vermoedelijk-gevonden-op-aruba

Google translation:

Body Max Wederfoort supposedly found in Aruba
Written by Press Office Curaçao | PDF | Print | E-mail

SAN NICOLAS - Last night around 23:00 is a corpse washed up on the beach at Black Mangel, at the height of the windmills on Aruba. On a base of the body was a pinball.

Identification has not happened yet, but it is suspected that it is the body of Max Wederfoort. Who disappeared on April 21 after a swim with his brother at Watamula, Curacao. Max (46) is the son of Eric Wederfoort the famous diving at Boca Sami.

http://www.duiken.nl/index.php?pageid=18&newsitemtitle=identiteit-aangespoelde-duiker-bekend

Google translation:

Identity washed diver known
28-04-13

It washed up on Aruba remains identified. It turned out to be the missing diver Max Wederfoort, as previously suspected. This confirms Curd Evertsz, spokesman for the family. Last night stranded on the east coast of Aruba a body with a flipper on his foot.

"It was in line with expectations that he would wash up there," explained Evertsz to opposite Versgeperst.com. The body crow flies about 48 miles traveled. Wederfoort (46) Sunday went diving with his brother. The brothers agreed to meet each other on the diver Watamula but never arrived there. The Coast Guard and rescue organization Citro spent three days looking for him in vain.

Hard blow
Evertsz spoke of a 'hard blow' for the family. The family has left at sea in Aruba. After establishing the identity in a short ceremony flowers Tonight flies the family back to Curacao.

Cause
It is not yet known how Wederfoort has fallen into trouble. "At first we did the recognition of the body, it is known who is involved. Only later we check what happened, "said Everts. After the identification of the body, followed by autopsy.

SOURCE. By: Peter Hofmann

I think this may be the Facebook page for his father's dive school.  I see some condolences there in the comments by others.

https://www.facebook.com/pages/Dive-Wederfoort/139046289456212

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #642 on: April 28, 2013, 11:10:38 PM »

http://masnoticia.com/alto-comisario-caso-di-atraco-y-violacion-ta-un-sla-grandi-pa-e-pareha-turista/

Papiamentu translation:

alto comisario: caso of atraco y violacion is one sla big for her pareha turista

masnoticia april 28, 2013

after cu one pareha tourist owing to achieve his self in one caso of atraco y possible violacion can tell cu this was one sla duro for aruba. cuerpo policial will bay give more atencion for cuida we turism for cosnan so not happen more, according comisario of police dolfi richardson. end of year happen was show cu cosnan owing to mehora but now again have one caso regrettable owing to sosode where cu have posiblemente violacion of one person did take lugar. now is investigando this profundamente for so achieve know kico owing to sosode exactly. mensualmente police is sit cu the seguridadnan of the hotelnan for so monitorea the situation. have to go place camara of seguridad all caminda already cu this will descend the criminalidad. can place complete police on caminda but the hotelnan also have to place camara pace now hendenan can enter leave at they desire in the hotelnan. in the hotel where cu the caso did take lugar not had camara although cu they owing to tell of is in proceso for place this.

I don't know if this is the same incident or not?  The way the article above is worded, I'm wondering if it was a rape too?

http://www.awe24.com/20130422/14288/Turista_maltrata_y_atraca_den_su_mesun_camber_na_hotel_turistanan_no_ta_safe

Papiamentu translation:

tourist maltrata y atraca in his same camber at hotel, turistanan do not safe neither in they camber more?

6 day happen come across, 22 of april 2013 10:39

seccion: incidente

monday morning owing to enter informe of one caso of maltrato cu atraco at tropicana resort, at once owing to dirigi one patrol at the sitio. at arrival of the patrol abin compronde cu here is deal of one tourist cual owing to being atraca y maltrata in his same camber at the hotel. owing to ask presencia of ambulance because; also slachtofferhulp for come give asistencia at the victima. the other instancianan of investigacion forensico y also recherchenan owing to bay for inicia cu the investigacion. is what is pasando? is for of enough time we owing to come is alerta y critica gobierno, ministro y parliament for come cu leynan more pisa y aumenta vigilancia poniendo more police on caya. but not, the minister owing to busca cantidad of car but for stop is pronk fast keep of police. dikon if have much police for hour of control of trafico? (nada contra control of trafico) but have to have more vigilancia on caya y cu cambio in ley for aumento of castigo, therefore.e. instead of place ley cu is tell cu maximo tanto time of castigo for cierto crimennan place leynan cu is tell minimo tanto time y enough high. already siquiera so we comunidad will achieve one alivio y we turistanan will can disfruta more of we island safe. cu the is costa much coin do not importa already cu mihor we coin bay for cubri gastonan for mantene the criminalnan ey close cu spaar the coin ey y kill we turism cual is we unique industry.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #643 on: April 28, 2013, 11:30:22 PM »

http://masnoticia.com/alto-comisario-caso-di-atraco-y-violacion-ta-un-sla-grandi-pa-e-pareha-turista/

Papiamentu translation:

alto comisario: caso of atraco y violacion is one sla big for her pareha turista

after cu one pareha tourist owing to achieve his self in one caso of atraco y possible violacion can tell cu this was one sla duro for aruba. cuerpo policial will bay give more atencion for cuida we turism for cosnan so not happen more, according comisario of police dolfi richardson. end of year happen was show cu cosnan owing to mehora but now again have one caso regrettable owing to sosode where cu have posiblemente violacion of one person did take lugar. now is investigando this profundamente for so achieve know kico owing to sosode exactly. mensualmente police is sit cu the seguridadnan of the hotelnan for so monitorea the situation. have to go place camara of seguridad all caminda already cu this will descend the criminalidad. can place complete police on caminda but the hotelnan also have to place camara pace now hendenan can enter leave at they desire in the hotelnan. in the hotel where cu the caso did take lugar not had camara although cu they owing to tell of is in proceso for place this.

I don't know if this is the same incident or not?  The way the article above is worded, I'm wondering if it was a rape too?

http://www.awe24.com/20130422/14288/Turista_maltrata_y_atraca_den_su_mesun_camber_na_hotel_turistanan_no_ta_safe

Papiamentu translation:

tourist maltrata y atraca in his same camber at hotel, turistanan do not safe neither in they camber more?

monday morning owing to enter informe of one caso of maltrato cu atraco at tropicana resort, at once owing to dirigi one patrol at the sitio. at arrival of the patrol abin compronde cu here is deal of one tourist cual owing to being atraca y maltrata in his same camber at the hotel. owing to ask presencia of ambulance because; also slachtofferhulp for come give asistencia at the victima. the other instancianan of investigacion forensico y also recherchenan owing to bay for inicia cu the investigacion. is what is pasando? is for of enough time we owing to come is alerta y critica gobierno, ministro y parliament for come cu leynan more pisa y aumenta vigilancia poniendo more police on caya. but not, the minister owing to busca cantidad of car but for stop is pronk fast keep of police. dikon if have much police for hour of control of trafico? (nada contra control of trafico) but have to have more vigilancia on caya y cu cambio in ley for aumento of castigo, therefore.e. instead of place ley cu is tell cu maximo tanto time of castigo for cierto crimennan place leynan cu is tell minimo tanto time y enough high. already siquiera so we comunidad will achieve one alivio y we turistanan will can disfruta more of we island safe. cu the is costa much coin do not importa already cu mihor we coin bay for cubri gastonan for mantene the criminalnan ey close cu spaar the coin ey y kill we turism cual is we unique industry.

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/62687-turista-atraca-y-maltrata-den-nan-mesun-kamber-di-hotel

Papiamentu translation:

tourist atraca y maltrata in they same bedroom of hotel

monday, 22 april 2013 12:54

investigacion big andando on caso where in oranan of monday morning pareha owing to become victima of atraco y maltrato in they same bedroom at tropicana hotel. owing to see one cantidad of autoridadnan concerni for of recherche till cu slachtofferhulp is enter the hotel. personal of seguridad will owing to come achieve the situation. do not confirma if algo more will can owing to sosode in bedroom. is desconoci if camara of siguridad will can owing to graba the movecionnan of the criminalnan. this assure is golpi strong contra we turism, we island is profila his self because; uno much assure y actonan as esun of monday morning is of condena.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #644 on: April 28, 2013, 11:41:55 PM »

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE AND STEPHANY!

::justice2NJ::

Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #645 on: April 29, 2013, 07:11:32 AM »

Papiamentu translation:

Papiamentu translation:

http://www.24ora.com/policial-mainmenu-8/62687-turista-atraca-y-maltrata-den-nan-mesun-kamber-di-hotel

Papiamentu translation:

tourist atraca y maltrata in they same bedroom of hotel

monday, 22 april 2013 12:54

investigacion big andando on caso where in oranan of monday morning pareha owing to become victima of atraco y maltrato in they same bedroom at tropicana hotel. owing to see one cantidad of autoridadnan concerni for of recherche till cu slachtofferhulp is enter the hotel. personal of seguridad will owing to come achieve the situation. do not confirma if algo more will can owing to sosode in bedroom. is desconoci if camara of siguridad will can owing to graba the movecionnan of the criminalnan. this assure is golpi strong contra we turism, we island is profila his self because; uno much assure y actonan as esun of monday morning is of condena.

Friday April 26, 2013

I have debated for a few days about putting this out there and thought maybe it maybe something everyone should know about. Last week (not sure of the day), a woman was attacked in her room during the day at the Tropicana. She was assaulted and robbed in her room. The woman was in her 50's and here on vacation. Due to the assault, she requested and was moved to another resort and then went back to the states 3 days ahead of schedule. This story did not make the local English language papers but was in the island news papers that the locals get. Local police and the American consulate were involved in the investigation but I have not heard any more about it or who the perpetrators were. I do not know if they were locals or off islanders. I don't want to panic or scare anyone, but want you all to know that crime is here and to be mindful of who is around and where you are. . . . This is a wonderful island and I want you all to be safe and enjoy your stay here. . . . .

http://www.aruba-bb.com/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=95316
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #646 on: April 30, 2013, 01:11:44 AM »

Thanks Buckeye!   

I read someone else's comment there that they read it in the Amigoe.

Subscriber article....

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=100

Google translation:

Few tourists robbed in hotel room
MONDAY, APRIL 22, 2013 16:06
ORANGE CITY - A tourist couple in their room at the Hotel Tropicana attacked, allegedly by two men. The security of the hotel hit this morning alarm. The robbery is "taken something" ...
Read more ...

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #647 on: May 01, 2013, 12:55:11 PM »

http://ottawa.ctvnews.ca/beth-holloway-makes-first-appearance-in-canada-1.1262004

Beth Holloway makes first appearance in Canada

CTV Ottawa

Published Wednesday, May 1, 2013 12:37PM EDT

Beth Holloway shared her personal story involving her missing daughter to a crowd of hundreds in Cornwall today.

Holloway's daughter, Natalee. disappeared during a school trip to Aruba in 2005.
Her body has never been recovered.

"I'm at peace now and our perpetrator is in prison where he belongs. This enables me to inspire and to move forward and to to reach out and help others," said Holloway

Beth Holloway has set up a foundation to help locate missing people.

She addressed the Cornwall Chidren's Treatment Centre at a breakfast.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #648 on: May 08, 2013, 10:23:05 PM »

http://www.rtl.nl/(/actueel/rtlnieuws/binnenland/)/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2013/05_mei/03/binnenland/jaar_cel_voor_vriend_joran_van_der_sloot.xml

Google translation:

RTL News | May 3, 2013, 10:24

Years in prison for "friend" Joran van der Sloot

The 40-year-old Patrick van der Eem from Arnhem, with a hidden camera in a car his friend Joran van der Sloot a "confession" about the murder of Natalee Holloway elicited, have one year in jail. The court in Arnhem is proved that Van der Eem with two co-defendants for 30,000 euro took expensive ski equipment at the Ski lodge in Oosterbeek, where they beat to pieces with sledgehammers the front.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #649 on: May 08, 2013, 10:39:55 PM »

http://www.demorgen.be/dm/nl/2909/tv/article/detail/1615807/2013/04/16/Peter-R-de-Vries-maakt-zesdelige-tv-serie.dhtml

Google translation:

Peter R. de Vries makes six-part TV series

Edited by: admin - 04/16/13, 14u52 - Source: Volkskrant.nl

The Dutch crime reporter Peter R. de Vries working on a program set for the merger Dutch broadcaster TROS-AVRO. Which the six-part television series will go, is still unclear. It is according to the production company Content Division a "large, complex" project at the earliest will be broadcast in the spring of 2014. De Vries is our best known for his coverage of the disappearance of American Nathalie Holloway in Aruba. In January 2008 the Dutch claimed to have solved the case. Through his undercover recordings, the case was reopened against the suspect Joran van der Sloot.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #650 on: May 08, 2013, 10:52:15 PM »

From Curacao

http://www.latintimes.com/articles/3737/20130508/helmin-wiels-curacao-politician-shot-dead-marie.htm

Helmin Wiels, Curacao Politician, Shot Dead On Marie Pompoen Beach
By Amanda Schiavo, May 08, 2013 05:05 PM EDT

On Sunday afternoon, a prominent Curacao politician was shot to death on a pier located on a beach at the east side of the island of Curacao. According to the BBC, witnesses say a gunman killed Wiels on the beach and then sped off in a car.

Helmin Wiels was the leader of the Pueblo Soberano party -- a group with the goal of gaining independence for Curacao from the Netherlands.

According to curacaochronicle.com, "Pueblo Soberano is the largest party in government at this moment. After last election it became the leading party to form a government."

The BBC also reports that Wiels is the first politician to be assassinated on the Island of Curacao.

The Office of the Public Prosecutor issued a statement saying, "The Public Prosecutor's Office Curaçao formed a 'Major Investigation Team' (TGO) after the fatal shooting at Marie Pampoen on Sunday evening. All partners in the judicial chain, led by various public prosecutors, are participating in this."

The Prime Minister spoke to the media and said that they "are not accustomed to these things on the island." No motive for the killing has been stated and there are no suspects in custody. Authorities believe organized crime played a part in the assassination of Helmin Wiels. 

Wireupdate.com says, "Pueblo Soberano won last year's general election with 22.6 percent of the vote, giving it five seats in the 21-member Estates of Curacao. Wiels had received death threats in the past and would typically have a bodyguard with him, but the bodyguard had already been sent home at the time of the shooting."

Witnesses speaking with various news outlets say two gunmen approached Wiels on the beach and fired five shots killing the politician. No bystanders were hurt during the assassination.

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/13264/Helmin-Wiels-vermoord/article/detail/3438119/2013/05/08/Aangehouden-broers-Curacao-verdacht-van-moord.dhtml

Google translation:

Held Curaçao brothers suspected of murder
Edited by: admin - 08/05/13, 04:04 - Source: Reuters

The two men were arrested Tuesday afternoon because they would have posted, suspected of threat and premeditated murder. Threatening a video on YouTube after the murder of politician Helmin Wiels in Curacao That the police on Tuesday (local time) announced. Police would not say whether it is the murder of Wiels.

It is about two brothers of 27 and 19 years. They have reported himself to the police. Monday they had put a video on YouTube in which they announce that the murder Wiels the first of a series and that there is still a bloodbath will follow. The video caused great concern in Curaçao. After the arrest, the police raided two, inter alia seized a computer is taken. The 54-year-old Wiels, fighter for independence of Curaçao, led the largest party on the island, Pueblo Soberano. He was shot dead Sunday on the beach.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #651 on: May 08, 2013, 11:08:08 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/151533-smeergeld-en-corruptie-binnen-overheid

Google translation:

"Bribes and corruption within government '         

WEDNESDAY, MAY 8, 2013 16:40

ORANGE CITY - Business leaders in Aruba have to deal with corruption, nepotism and too much bureaucracy in contact with the government. These are the main conclusions of a study by Michiel de Vries of the University of Aruba (UA).

By our reporter

Ariën Rasmijn

De Vries, a special funded by the Governor of Aruba chair good governance holds at UA, presented the findings of the report last night during a lecture in the auditorium of the university. Initially wanted De Vries from inside look at how public services dealing with corporate clients. However, he was denied access. "Then but from outside, from the business community." Of the many companies that were approached in April finally reacted 97 directors. They were among more questions on the functioning of the Aruban government in terms of effectiveness, efficiency, accessibility, expertise, quality of the civil service and administrative integrity. It was also asked about the last time that genuine consultation was held with the Aruban government about the company's key business.

Kickbacks and corruption

The responses of the surveyed managers about where they actually have to deal with when they approach a government, are shocking: 33.8 percent think the government action the last time there was insufficient contact and 23 percent even find it bad .

18.8 percent of the managers who were finally granted their request, called kickbacks and 21.9 percent called corruption. 30 percent say it was settled by private treaty. 41.2 percent reported excessive bureaucracy and 48.5 percent appoints high administrative burden. 48.5 percent of respondents signals cronyism.

Of the companies that did not see their request granted, identifies 33.3 percent corruption. 25 percent kickbacks deficit came to each other to have their business. 93.9 percent appoints excessive bureaucracy and 87.1 percent talks about working at cross of administrations. 59.4 percent called nepotism. 48.3 percent complains about high administrative costs and 58.8 percent even appoint three or more of the problems in the process. Said It is striking that the above mentioned cases of bribes in situations where a company asks an official advice. De Vries explains that this is not the case with permits, precisely because there are all sorts of controls.

Of all the companies who participated in the study had 12 percent no problems.

Companies anonymous

De Vries in the report omitted all the characteristics that would indicate the possible identity of this business. Because they were reluctant to participate in the survey, for fear that they would then be able to do with the government. Part no more business with the company name These companies all over the island, with a fairly even split between companies that existed in the last century and companies less than five years old. On average they have about fifteen people, but there are also sole traders and companies with more than 200 employees. These are directors of trade, tourism, real estate agents, lawyers and accountants. But managers of service companies, manufacturing, wholesale and medium-sized enterprises completed the questionnaire.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #652 on: May 08, 2013, 11:16:02 PM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/151516-oud-premier-balkenende-bestrijd-drugs-en-corruptie

Google translation:

Former Prime Minister Balkenende: 'Fight drugs and corruption'         

WEDNESDAY, MAY 8, 2013 16:04

ORANGE CITY - The economic opportunities for Aruba as a hub between Europe and Latin America are up for grabs, but Aruba to drug trafficking and corruption continue to fight and be careful not to get blacklisted as a tax haven. This saying Jan Peter Balkenende and Caroline Rodenburg of accounting firm Ernst & Young.

by

Ariën Rasmij n

If you want to achieve things, then you must first have a dream, an ideal, says Jan Peter Balkenende, Corporate Responsibility partner at accounting firm Ernst & Young and former Prime Minister of the Netherlands. "That is the case here." In a dream follows a strategy and that's where Ernst & Young boarded. That strategy - based on the transfer of knowledge on sustainable infrastructure, energy, agriculture and tourism from Europe to Latin America, Aruba as facilitating switching - was by Balkenende presented Monday during the first day of the conference Europe Meets the Americas (EMA) . What now remains is to perform and the plans will actually continue, he tells Amigoe .

Balkenende feels that something is happening on Aruba. "What I find important developments on Aruba is that it actually is working to turn to ask what Aruba can contribute to a better global society. A long-term orientation down" Aruba takes with this statement a leader position, explains he. "There is no other island in the Caribbean where this occurs. It shows courage and I think it is very good that your next tourism other economic activities trying to find. "In the Netherlands, one often has an attitude of 'yes, but', the former Prime Minister. "But the point is to bring the case. Moving" That Aruba is organizing a conference like EMA also testifies to this, says Balkenende. He thinks Aruba buzzing, like the Gulf States in the Middle East, parts of China and Bangalore in India. "Look at what is happening on other islands, such as political developments in St. Maarten, the hideous murder of Helmin Wiels in Curacao. That causes me great concern. But here depends just want to tackle an atmosphere of business and bring things. "Forward The island is characterized by political stability and good links with the Netherlands, will Balkenende.

Drugs and corrupti e

Balkenende lists a number of conditions for the success of Aruba. Amigoe published yesterday that the former prime minister believes that there is a balance to be struck between short-and long-term goals. "It is a matter of courage in politics. And that has been here. "Safety is also an issue. Aruba has always been and still is a problem with smuggling of people, goods and drugs. "These things we also going to tackle," said Balkenende. "I was once a time on St. Maarten and made a speech in the courthouse. I then gave a huge warning about corruption and lack of integrity. When my message was that if corruption occurs on an island, you can get which investors say they do not want to do business. More a situation And in the fight against drugs, yes there will always have to act. That is also part of reliability, hence it must apply: address ".

Colombia, Brazil, Panama a

A dream is a strategy which make this dream. Caroline Rodenburg signed that strategy. "We were there last summer started. We have built up by first look. At both sides of the ocean Aruba as a hub function between two continents will perform, you should also know what is happening in those continents. What can we expect, what are the issues and opportunities in particular. Initially we looked at Brazil, Colombia and Panama and what's going to happen the coming years. Which sectors will develop rapidly in the coming years and which will be on the basis of opportunities. "Now the economy slows in Europe, his eyes focused on emerging economies in Latin America, Van Rodenburg. Europe is also where a lot of knowledge in Latin America need. "For instance, consider the agrifood sector. Within Latin America is very strong need to make this sector. Sustainable In the Netherlands, for example, a lot of knowledge about breeding of seeds, which can be used in Latin America. "

Facilitato r

The role of Aruba in the transfer of this knowledge to fulfill is that of facilitator. "Not by running large manufacturing companies to attract to the island. Not by actively contributing to economic development in Latin America itself. Brazil wants to build 800 airports in the coming years. Aruba as the bulldozers can not deliver. What Aruba is or may be the contact point between the need of knowledge in Latin America and the knowledge in Europe. The establishment of TNO here is the perfect example for. You can also look at training in Europe which can settle here, "says Van Rodenburg. This type of activity again attract highly skilled Arubans - eg lawyers - to the island. Moreover, low education may also to the bin, but in data processing. Of Rodenburg is convinced that the positive economic effects of the drop of a knowledge hub will be felt. Within a few years

Prefer not to black LISTS n

It will need a good look at legislation, Van Rodenburg. "Of course you have to watch out that you do not tax haven is, in the sense that you will get up on blacklists. But there are many ways still an attractive environment to ensure businesses. "As an example, Rodenburg From Green Zone Aruba, where companies specializing in sustainability can settle. "Then you do not even so much to do to make them attractive to it. The very fact that there are companies that are working with the same subject, makes it attractive for them. Since synergy. "Occurs

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #653 on: May 08, 2013, 11:27:29 PM »

Justice for Natalee!

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #654 on: May 09, 2013, 06:38:50 PM »

I don't know where to start, but I've spent the last couple of years working and going to school. I received my AAS in Political Science about a year ago, applied to the University of Washington, but was told that I needed to fulfill my World Language Requirement, as I fell short by a year. So, I finished up my World Language Requirement, and just today, I received my acceptance letter to the University of Washington. After spending so much time with the Monkey's discussing how Natalee Holloway wasn't afforded the opportunity to continue to touch lives, because of a MONSTER on the island of Aruba, I was again reminded we only get one go around. It is NEVER to late for those of us still blessed with this thing we call life, to make a change.

KEEPTHEFAITH

I DO

GOD BLESS!!

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #655 on: May 09, 2013, 07:06:13 PM »

I don't know where to start, but I've spent the last couple of years working and going to school. I received my AAS in Political Science about a year ago, applied to the University of Washington, but was told that I needed to fulfill my World Language Requirement, as I fell short by a year. So, I finished up my World Language Requirement, and just today, I received my acceptance letter to the University of Washington. After spending so much time with the Monkey's discussing how Natalee Holloway wasn't afforded the opportunity to continue to touch lives, because of a MONSTER on the island of Aruba, I was again reminded we only get one go around. It is NEVER to late for those of us still blessed with this thing we call life, to make a change.

KEEPTHEFAITH

I DO

GOD BLESS!!

Congratulations KTF!!!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #656 on: May 09, 2013, 07:11:21 PM »

KEEPTHEFAITH

I DO

GOD BLESS!!

Totally awesome KTF!   
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #657 on: May 09, 2013, 10:07:06 PM »

KEEPTHEFAITH

I DO

GOD BLESS!!
Absolutely outstanding!!!! Congrats!! Who'd figure you would choose U of Washington!!   

Keepthefaith
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #658 on: May 10, 2013, 01:57:43 PM »

Thank you Muffy, Klaas, and Wreck. Many of the discussions we have had over the years in regards to Natalee Holloway and her unfortunate murder and disappearance, have had a great impact on my decision to return and finish school. Over the past year or two I've reflected on many different things, and the Monkey's have always played a special part in my progress as an Older But Wiser student, as they call me in the admissions dept. of the UW.

We've had some heated discussions over the years, but I just want to let you all know, I will always be a part of this forum, seek justice for Natalee Holloway, and will always keep ya'll updated on my progress at the UW, in the proper forum. Go Huskies!

JUSTICE FOR NATALEE HOLLOWAY

GOD BLESS

KEEPTHEFAITH

"A small body of determined spirits fired by an unquenchable faith in their mission can alter the course of history."

MOHANDAS GANDHI
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #659 on: May 10, 2013, 03:05:39 PM »

thumright

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.