March 18, 2024, 11:06:58 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #867 12/01/12 - 8/16/13  (Read 497472 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #680 on: May 16, 2013, 01:30:47 PM »

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2013/geen-spreekrecht-voor-joran-van-der-sloot/

Google translation

Today 17:32 PM
Netherlands, International
Not speak for Joran van der Sloot

Joran van der Sloot will not speak during the discussion of his appeal. The request was rejected by the Supreme Court in the Peruvian capital Lima. This is his lawyer Maximo Altez Thursday announced to our editors.

It is unusual that a convict will speak during the examination of the appeal, but it is not necessarily impossible, says Altez. Joran did according to his counsel took the floor to make that he regretted his act clearly. Now he does not get that opportunity, he will not be present at the session.

Altez will advocate on May 29 during the appeal for sentence. He wants Joran penalty is reduced to 15 years in prison. 
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #681 on: May 16, 2013, 03:35:29 PM »

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2013/geen-spreekrecht-voor-joran-van-der-sloot/

Google translation

Today 17:32 PM
Netherlands, International
Not speak for Joran van der Sloot

Joran van der Sloot will not speak during the discussion of his appeal. The request was rejected by the Supreme Court in the Peruvian capital Lima. This is his lawyer Maximo Altez Thursday announced to our editors.

It is unusual that a convict will speak during the examination of the appeal, but it is not necessarily impossible, says Altez. Joran did according to his counsel took the floor to make that he regretted his act clearly. Now he does not get that opportunity, he will not be present at the session.

Altez will advocate on May 29 during the appeal for sentence. He wants Joran penalty is reduced to 15 years in prison. 

MAY 29th -

one day Natalee's coming home!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #682 on: May 16, 2013, 04:11:34 PM »

I don't know where to start, but I've spent the last couple of years working and going to school. I received my AAS in Political Science about a year ago, applied to the University of Washington, but was told that I needed to fulfill my World Language Requirement, as I fell short by a year. So, I finished up my World Language Requirement, and just today, I received my acceptance letter to the University of Washington. After spending so much time with the Monkey's discussing how Natalee Holloway wasn't afforded the opportunity to continue to touch lives, because of a MONSTER on the island of Aruba, I was again reminded we only get one go around. It is NEVER to late for those of us still blessed with this thing we call life, to make a change.

KEEPTHEFAITH

I DO

GOD BLESS!!

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #683 on: May 18, 2013, 03:51:30 PM »

279 page document filed by the Defendants in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case on 5/15/13.  Here is the first page and the conclusion

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #684 on: May 18, 2013, 07:53:15 PM »

279 page document filed by the Defendants in the Kalpoe vs. Dr. Phil case on 5/15/13.  Here is the first page and the conclusion

I just hope it is indeed 2013 this time!! 

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #685 on: May 19, 2013, 01:08:11 AM »

I just hope it is indeed 2013 this time!! 
The way I read the conclusion,  Dr. Phil's attorneys are also asking for "equity" -- I assume this means they are asking for attorney fees and "damages" for the suit.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #686 on: May 19, 2013, 09:58:24 AM »

Hi Wreck - I assume the same.  I really haven't had a chance yet to read all 279 pages but when I do and if there's anything else interesting to post about it I will.   
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #687 on: May 20, 2013, 01:17:45 AM »

Thanks Klaas, and thanks to the anonymous monkey that purchases the documents too!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #688 on: May 20, 2013, 01:21:24 AM »

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #689 on: May 20, 2013, 01:22:22 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #690 on: May 20, 2013, 11:12:01 PM »

This is BIG news!! Where is everyone??

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #691 on: May 21, 2013, 12:24:07 AM »

Wreck - I've been super busy at work and honestly haven't had a chance to read through the entire document.  Email me if you think there's something in particular I should post.  Hopefully tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll get a chance to read it all. 

Also, I just checked the courthouse docs to see if the Kalpoes have filed a response...nothing yet 
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #692 on: May 21, 2013, 01:00:13 AM »

Wreck - I've been super busy at work and honestly haven't had a chance to read through the entire document.  Email me if you think there's something in particular I should post.  Hopefully tomorrow afternoon/evening I'll get a chance to read it all. 

Also, I just checked the courthouse docs to see if the Kalpoes have filed a response...nothing yet 
I read the first 10 pages -- it pretty much covers everything we need to know about what the renewed call for summary judgement entails. I assume the other 269 pages are the detailed facts we have come to know so well for these so many years. From what I deduce -- the acting judge at the time of the complete exoneration of Jamie Skeeters (and his estate) "without prejudice" -- examined the facts and determined there was no actionable offense by Skeeters. Dr. Phil's team asserts once Skeeters was cleared -- so were they. The Kalpoes really only accused Skeeters of any wrong-doing in the first place!! "Judge See" who took over the case to rule on the original "Summary Judgement" request by the the defendants is seriously being questioned by the defendants now. (By the way, Judge See has already been kicked off the case -- so all of this is being weighed by a new judge!)

I know, I know, I know .......... it is so so convoluted after so many years and about 4 different judges!!!!! This case should have never made it past the first 6 months!! Our legal system is in place to make attorneys money -- very sad really!!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #693 on: May 21, 2013, 01:23:31 AM »

I read the first 10 pages -- it pretty much covers everything we need to know about what the renewed call for summary judgement entails. I assume the other 269 pages are the detailed facts we have come to know so well for these so many years. From what I deduce -- the acting judge at the time of the complete exoneration of Jamie Skeeters (and his estate) "without prejudice" -- examined the facts and determined there was no actionable offense by Skeeters. Dr. Phil's team asserts once Skeeters was cleared -- so were they. The Kalpoes really only accused Skeeters of any wrong-doing in the first place!! "Judge See" who took over the case to rule on the original "Summary Judgement" request by the the defendants is seriously being questioned by the defendants now. (By the way, Judge See has already been kicked off the case -- so all of this is being weighed by a new judge!)

I know, I know, I know .......... it is so so convoluted after so many years and about 4 different judges!!!!! This case should have never made it past the first 6 months!! Our legal system is in place to make attorneys money -- very sad really!!

The dismissals for the Skeeters Estate were "with prejudice" in other words no come backs for the Kalpoops.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice_(legal_procedure)

Civil law [edit]

Within legal civil procedure, prejudice is a loss or injury, and refers specifically to a formal determination against a claimed legal right or cause of action.[1] Thus, in a civil case, dismissal without prejudice is a dismissal that allows for re-filing of the case in the future. The present action is dismissed but the possibility remains open that the plaintiff may file another suit on the same claim. The inverse phrase is dismissal with prejudice, in which the plaintiff is barred from filing another case on the same claim. Dismissal with prejudice is a final judgment and the case becomes res judicata on the claims that were or could have been brought in it; dismissal without prejudice is not.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #694 on: May 21, 2013, 01:32:05 AM »

I'm here wreck, but I'm waiting for the ruling to get too excited about it.

Ya know what I mean? 

It has gone on this long.  WHY?   

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #695 on: May 21, 2013, 01:47:33 AM »

The dismissals for the Skeeters Estate were "with prejudice" in other words no come backs for the Kalpoops.   

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Prejudice_(legal_procedure)

Civil law [edit]

Within legal civil procedure, prejudice is a loss or injury, and refers specifically to a formal determination against a claimed legal right or cause of action.[1] Thus, in a civil case, dismissal without prejudice is a dismissal that allows for re-filing of the case in the future. The present action is dismissed but the possibility remains open that the plaintiff may file another suit on the same claim. The inverse phrase is dismissal with prejudice, in which the plaintiff is barred from filing another case on the same claim. Dismissal with prejudice is a final judgment and the case becomes res judicata on the claims that were or could have been brought in it; dismissal without prejudice is not.

Absolutely correct -- "WITH prejudice" --- always tricky to me!! That is what I meant to say (meaning absolute -can't be brought up again)

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #696 on: May 21, 2013, 01:51:44 AM »

Ya know what I mean? 

That is what you get when one side milks the system for so many years.................. you get 5 different judges that don't know what happened for the previous 6 years. Don't hit me Klaas ................ but it also California! I don't think this would have happened in Texas!

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #697 on: May 21, 2013, 12:27:05 PM »

Ya know what I mean? 

That is what you get when one side milks the system for so many years.................. you get 5 different judges that don't know what happened for the previous 6 years. Don't hit me Klaas ................ but it also California! I don't think this would have happened in Texas!

the way I read the document was the attorney's have found another argument to estop the lawsuit from moving forward.

Lawsuits can go on for years and years, so can almost any OSC............. the
courts subject the people to their system and allow attorney's to make a lot of money. Each and every time a hearing is continued - bank for the attorney's. It's all about money.

waiting to hear from kalpoes attorney's response or non-response.

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #698 on: May 21, 2013, 04:47:35 PM »

Ya know what I mean? 

the way I read the document was the attorney's have found another argument to estop the lawsuit from moving forward.

Lawsuits can go on for years and years, so can almost any OSC............. the
courts subject the people to their system and allow attorney's to make a lot of money. Each and every time a hearing is continued - bank for the attorney's. It's all about money.

waiting to hear from kalpoes attorney's response or non-response.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #699 on: May 22, 2013, 04:05:24 PM »

Just a Peruvian article about the upcoming appeal hearing by Supreme Court on May 29.

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2013-05-22-corte-suprema-evaluara-pedido-de-anulacion-de-condena-a-van-der-sloot-noticia_597092.html

Google translation

Supreme Court order canceling evaluate sentence Van der Sloot
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 | 2:00 pm

The permanent criminal division of the Supreme Court on Wednesday evaluated May 29 on the annulment of the sentence to 28 years in prison Dutch citizen, Joran van der Sloot for the murder of the young Peruvian Stephany Flores in May 2010 .

The appeal filed by the defense asked to set aside the sentence imposed for criminal defendants third room in jail for the crimes of homicide and simple theft.

Also need to establish whether or not to ratify the payment of 200,000 soles civil repair the direct heirs of the deceased, as determined in the sentence.

The Chief Prosecutor Peter Chavarry, asked to confirm the sentence imposed on Van der Sloot in its entirety, 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.