March 18, 2024, 08:51:04 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #867 12/01/12 - 8/16/13  (Read 497436 times)
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #700 on: May 22, 2013, 08:19:39 PM »

Just a Peruvian article about the upcoming appeal hearing by Supreme Court on May 29.

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2013-05-22-corte-suprema-evaluara-pedido-de-anulacion-de-condena-a-van-der-sloot-noticia_597092.html

Google translation

Supreme Court order canceling evaluate sentence Van der Sloot
Wednesday, May 22, 2013 | 2:00 pm

The permanent criminal division of the Supreme Court on Wednesday evaluated May 29 on the annulment of the sentence to 28 years in prison Dutch citizen, Joran van der Sloot for the murder of the young Peruvian Stephany Flores in May 2010 .

The appeal filed by the defense asked to set aside the sentence imposed for criminal defendants third room in jail for the crimes of homicide and simple theft.

Also need to establish whether or not to ratify the payment of 200,000 soles civil repair the direct heirs of the deceased, as determined in the sentence.

The Chief Prosecutor Peter Chavarry, asked to confirm the sentence imposed on Van der Sloot in its entirety, 

SEVEN more days until judgement once again for JORAN'IE POO

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #701 on: May 25, 2013, 12:24:20 AM »

Here we go again...

http://www.hln.be/hln/nl/960/Buitenland/article/detail/1639590/2013/05/25/Joran-van-der-Sloot-trouwt-binnen-twee-weken.dhtml

Google translation

Last Updated: Friday at 21:49
"Joran married on 15 days'

It seems that Joran van der Sloot in about 15 days marries his fiancée Peruvian Leidy Figueroa out. This has Joran lawyer Maximo Altez informed our editors.

"Joran is currently busy with the preparations," said the counselor. Because the Dutchman serving a prison sentence in the maximum security prison Piedras Gordas in the Peruvian capital Lima has to be regulated much. There is still some paperwork to be completed before he can actually marry. He is expected within two weeks permission for the wedding in prison will take place.

"Contrary to what the tabloids say the wedding has nothing to do with a possible extradition to the United States. The two marry for love. Whether he is or is not married to a Peruvian, it does not change his situation, "let Altez know.

Joran van der Sloot is in Peru a sentence of 28 years for the murder of Stephany Flores. On May 29 his appeal. 
Red
Administrator
Monkey Junky

« Reply #702 on: May 25, 2013, 03:20:49 PM »

GOOD GRIEF … Wedding Bells for Joran Van der Sloot, To Be Married in Two Weeks While Serving for Murder of Stephany Flores at Piedras Gordas Prison … Unlucky Bride Leidy Figueroa

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/05/25/good-grief-wedding-bells-for-joran-van-der-sloot-to-be-married-in-two-weeks-while-serving-for-murder-of-stephany-flores-at-piedras-gordas-prison-unlucky-bride-leidy-figueroa/

As reported at Ad.nl, Joran Van der Sloot is to be married within two weeks. Yes that Joran Van der Sloot who is currently serving 28 years in Piedras Gordas  prison in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores and the same "Sporter" who should have already been in prison for the death and disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba. The unlucky or insane to be bride is reports as Leidy Figueroa. I am sure her parents are so proud. But of course Joran Van der Sloot is marrying out of love. NOT!!! So why would Joran Van der Sloot marry a Peruvian woman? It can't be for the conjugal visits, one does not have to be married to do such. Could it be to become a Peruvian citizen through marriage? However, I am not sure why this would matter for Van der Sloot seeing that both Peru and the Netherlands have extradition treaties with the United States. At some point Van der Sloot is going to be extradited to the United States and an Alabama courtroom to face extortion charges he perpetrate against Beth Holloway in the death of her daughter, Natalee Holloway.

We have heard these rumors before, looks like this time it might just be true. Where is the couple registered at, Murderers 'R Us?

Of course the timing of this has nothing to do with the fact that Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen from Mountainbrook, went missing in Aruba on May 30, 2005 and yet another way to throw salt into the wound of Beth and Dave.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #703 on: May 25, 2013, 04:21:38 PM »

http://www.volkskrant.nl/vk/nl/2686/Binnenland/article/detail/3447289/2013/05/25/Joran-van-der-Sloot-hoopt-op-20-jaar.dhtml

Google translation

Joran van der Sloot is hoping for 20 years
05/25/13, 19:21 - Source: Reuters

Joran van der Sloot, who is stuck in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores, hopes that his sentence reduced to 20 years. That said his lawyer Máximo Altez request against the ANP. He will not be present at the examination of his appeal, which is Wednesday. .

Van der Sloot was early last year sentenced to 28 years in prison and a compensation of 50,000 euros. He submitted himself to the charge of murder followed by Flores hoping to get. Spoil a substantial reduction of sentence The judge took only two years of the required 30 year. A big disappointment for Van der Sloot.

Repentance
He now hopes to get yet because he has repented, remission in the appeal he wrote early April to the ANP. Van der Sloot did not regret located on the indictment to have subject. That it was in fact murder and that he has slain Stephany Flores in a fit of anger, according to him difficult to prove.

As a punishment he has served in Peru him waiting extradition to the United States. There he prosecuted for extortion of the mother of Natalee Holloway. He would be $ 250,000 (almost 200,000 euros) have agreed in exchange for information where the remains of Natalee are.

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #704 on: May 25, 2013, 10:08:59 PM »

To get this straight........ Joran wants his sentence reduced from 28 years to 20 years and hopes he won't be extradited to the U.S. since he would be married to Peruvian citizen?!?!? 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #705 on: May 26, 2013, 02:16:48 AM »

To get this straight........ Joran wants his sentence reduced from 28 years to 20 years and hopes he won't be extradited to the U.S. since he would be married to Peruvian citizen?!?!? 

Yeah, that's about right.  Monkey Devil!  He's special...not!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #706 on: May 27, 2013, 02:23:47 AM »

http://www.nd.nl/artikelen/2013/mei/27/-van-der-sloot-heeft-weinig-kans-op-lagere-staf

Google translation

Van der Sloot has little chance of lower staff '
Dutch Newspaper (press release) -1 hour ago
posted:  27/05/2013 - 6:30
last changed:  27/05/2013 - 6:30

Joran van der Sloot has little chance of a lower staff as his defense still wants to show that the Dutchman Stephany Flores without premeditation brought to life. So says the Peruvian legal expert Giovanna Gismondi. Wednesday starts the higher appeal case of Van der Sloot.

Van der Sloot is in Peru a prison sentence of 28 years for the murder of Flores in May 2010. In the first instance, Van der Sloot resigned himself to the charge of murder and robbery to get. A lower penalty He also showed remorse for his actions. However, the court ruling was only two years less than the requirement of justice that Van der Sloot wanted for thirty years behind bars.

The Dutchman thinks he deserves a lower staff on a whim because he committed the murder. According to his lawyer Máximo Altez are also made mistakes during the preliminary investigation. "Not only the burden of the prosecution, but also the influence of the media play a role in this case. The appeal may therefore be denied, "said Gismondi.

billb's daughter
Monkey Junky

No Body...No Tourism aruba! Bring Natalee Home!

« Reply #707 on: May 28, 2013, 01:25:26 AM »

GOOD GRIEF … Wedding Bells for Joran Van der Sloot, To Be Married in Two Weeks While Serving for Murder of Stephany Flores at Piedras Gordas Prison … Unlucky Bride Leidy Figueroa

http://scaredmonkeys.com/2013/05/25/good-grief-wedding-bells-for-joran-van-der-sloot-to-be-married-in-two-weeks-while-serving-for-murder-of-stephany-flores-at-piedras-gordas-prison-unlucky-bride-leidy-figueroa/

As reported at Ad.nl, Joran Van der Sloot is to be married within two weeks. Yes that Joran Van der Sloot who is currently serving 28 years in Piedras Gordas  prison in Peru for the murder of Stephany Flores and the same "Sporter" who should have already been in prison for the death and disappearance of Natalee Holloway in Aruba. The unlucky or insane to be bride is reports as Leidy Figueroa. I am sure her parents are so proud. But of course Joran Van der Sloot is marrying out of love. NOT!!! So why would Joran Van der Sloot marry a Peruvian woman? It can't be for the conjugal visits, one does not have to be married to do such. Could it be to become a Peruvian citizen through marriage? However, I am not sure why this would matter for Van der Sloot seeing that both Peru and the Netherlands have extradition treaties with the United States. At some point Van der Sloot is going to be extradited to the United States and an Alabama courtroom to face extortion charges he perpetrate against Beth Holloway in the death of her daughter, Natalee Holloway.

We have heard these rumors before, looks like this time it might just be true. Where is the couple registered at, Murderers 'R Us?

Of course the timing of this has nothing to do with the fact that Natalee Holloway, the Alabama teen from Mountainbrook, went missing in Aruba on May 30, 2005 and yet another way to throw salt into the wound of Beth and Dave.

urine is rotting in hell every day...whatever he does between now and his demise doesn't matter.....Hell is for eternity..... Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil! Monkey Devil!
I suspect Beth and Dave aren't concerned with urine anymore......
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #708 on: May 28, 2013, 06:01:47 PM »

Justice for Natalee!   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #709 on: May 28, 2013, 06:07:18 PM »

Justice for Stephany!

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #710 on: May 29, 2013, 11:44:16 AM »

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/3487168/zitting-van-sloot-al-halfuur-voorbij.html

Google translation

published: Last update:
May 29, 2013 17:17
May 29, 2013 17:16
Sitting der Sloot after thirty minutes past

The hearing in the appeal of Joran van der Sloot that Wednesday was launched in Lima, has lasted a half hour. More time had the judges not necessary for the story of the lawyer for Van der Sloot.

Within thirty days does the Supreme Court ruling.

Van der Sloot was not present. His lawyer Maximo Altez told the five judges that his client deserves a lower staff, partly because in the first instance he has accepted the indictment and did not speak Spanish well at the time of his first confession

"He thinks the punishment is too high," Altez told the court. 

Prior to the hearing, counsel for the Dutchman let slip that he thinks it is very difficult to get a lower sentence for Van der Sloot to enforce. "All arguments are actually already put forward and he has known," he said.

The lawyer of the family of the murdered Stephany Flores, Edward Alvarez, sitting in the audience. "I'm here to listen," he said. At the hearing a dozen Peruvian journalists were present. "It is still alive in Peru. Everything that happens with Joran is new here," said one of them.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #711 on: May 29, 2013, 11:59:45 AM »

http://www.nrc.nl/nieuws/2013/05/29/hoger-beroep-joran-van-der-sloot-van-start-familie-flores-niet-aanwezig/

Google translation

May 29, 2013, 09:19
Appeal Van der Sloot start - Flores family not present

The higher appeal case of Joran van der Sloot starts today at the Supreme Court in Lima, Peru. The Dutchman since January last year a 28-year prison sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores hopes for substantial sentence. The family of the murdered Stephany Flores is not present. Their lawyer says to news agency Novum that it is "too heavy" for the family.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #712 on: May 29, 2013, 01:18:26 PM »

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2013-05-29-abogado-de-van-der-sloot-opina-que-derechos-de-holandes-fueron-atentados-noticia_599241.html

Google translation

Van der Sloot Lawyer believes that Dutch rights were attacks
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 | 11:45 a.m.

Maximum Highness, lawyer of Dutch national Joran van der Sloot, said it has undermined the rights of his client during the process that was followed by the murder of the young Peruvian Stephany Flores.

"It's obvious. Was brought to Peru in a totally irregular. Was expelled, was not extradited. Never put a lawyer of his choice, never had a translator," he told RPP the lawyer.

"He simply acquiesced, accepted everything and was sentenced. Believe that through this attitude that had accounts for a substantial reduction (of the sentence)," he added.

As is known, the Permanent Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court has evaluated the ratification or not the sentence of 28 years imprisonment imposed on the Dutch citizen.

Highness considered that the members of this court are "very upright men", who will issue a "statement according to corresponding". "I know you are not going to let influenced by media pressure," he said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #713 on: May 29, 2013, 01:31:43 PM »

http://www.ad.nl/ad/nl/1013/Buitenland/article/detail/3449265/2013/05/29/Advocaat-Joran-van-der-Sloot-rekent-niet-op-verlaging-straf.dhtml

Google translation

Lawyer Joran van der Sloot does not rely on reducing punishment
Keep

29-5-13 - 18:34 Source: Reuters, RTL Boulevard

Update The judges in Peru may do in a week verdict in the appeal of Joran van der Sloot. That has Máximo Altez, the lawyer of the Dutchman, Wednesday told the ANP. The Supreme Court in Lima Wednesday treated the case of Van der Sloot, who brought the 21-year-old Peruvian Stephany Flores Ramirez to life in 2010.

As a rule, does the court ruling only about 30 days. Altez thinks the ruling will be because of the huge media interest that exists for the matter quickly.

The lawyer does not expect a reduction of the sentence. Van der Sloot (26) was early last year a prison sentence of 28 years imprisonment and a fine of the equivalent of about 50,000 euros. Altez believes that 20 years would be a fair punishment. "But the pressure of the media is great. Joran is demonized in the press. He killed a Peruvian girl. That weighs heavily, "said Altez.

The appeal filed Wednesday morning local time in the Peruvian capital. Altez put in 5 minutes explains why he thinks the punishment should be lower. Van der Sloot has confessed and repented sincerely, said the lawyer.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #714 on: May 29, 2013, 09:27:44 PM »

http://www.que.es/ultimas-noticias/sucesos/201305292132-defensa-joran-sloot-presenta-alegatos-efe.html

Google translation:

The defense of Joran Van der Sloot presents arguments for the invalidity of his conviction

The defense of Joran Van der Sloot, who murdered in 2010 at the Peruvian Stephany Flores, today presented oral arguments to support the request for annulment of his sentence of 28 years in prison before the Permanent Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court.

Lima, Reuters    May 29, 2013

The lawyer for Van der Sloot, Maximum Highness, went without his client to present an oral report in which it requested the annulment of the judgment at first instance by the crimes of homicide and simple theft.

Highness requested the measure, arguing that Van der Sloot admitted the crime and accepted a legal figure foregone conclusion and sincere confession, to streamline the judicial process, according to a statement from the Supreme Court.

Permanent Criminal Chamber is chaired by Javier Villa Stein, and also consists of Joshua Pariona Pastrana, Prince Hugo Trujillo, José Neyra Flores and Francisco Rozas Escalante, who after hearing the allegations left the cause to vote.

The court will issue its ruling within a month, the deadline set by law.

At the end of the hearing, Highness told Radio Programas del Peru (RPP) has also asked that the sentence be reduced Van der Sloot to 20 years, adding that his client "is sorry".

Van der Sloot was sentenced on January 13, 2012 by the Third Criminal Court for Prison Inmates in 28 years imprisonment and civil damages of 200,000 soles ($ 74,906), 48 hours after confessing to the crime.

Days after learning of the sentence, the defense of Van der Sloot asked for the annulment of the sentence.

The Flores murder case had extensive media coverage because Van der Sloot, 25, was also investigated for the disappearance of American Natalee Holloway, who was last seen with him in Aruba in 2005.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #715 on: May 29, 2013, 09:46:08 PM »

http://elcomercio.pe/actualidad/1582680/noticia-caso-van-der-sloot-sala-dejo-al-voto-pedido-nulidad-sentencia

Google translation:

WEDNESDAY MAY 29, 2013 15:30

Van der Sloot Case: room left to vote request for annulment of the judgment

The Dutch purge sentence of 28 years in prison in the prison Piedras Gordas of Ancon. His lawyer Highness Maximum sustained application today

The Permanent Criminal Chamber of the Supreme Court stopped the vote the request for annulment brought by the defense of Joran van der Sloot against the Dutch sentence imposed for the murder of the young Stephany Flores Ramirez .

During the hearing, counsel for Van der Sloot, Maximum Highness Navarro , sustained the motion to vacate filed arguing that his client admitted the crime and accepted a legal figure foregone conclusion. In his view, should have been sentenced to a smaller number of years.

"They put a fake lawyer was not his choice, he never got an interpreter (...) never made the reconstruction of events, however, he acquiesced to the indictment (...) He facilitated the course of justice "said Highness reporters after completion diligence.

WAITING TO MARRY
Joran, who is imprisoned in the prison Piedras Gordas of Ancon, expects the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) given permission to marry in prison with a young woman. Highness told the Associated Press that this could happen in the next 15 days.

"This is a person who has changed (...) He wants to rebuild his life, wants to be a new person, and wants the Supreme Court Peru given a chance," said the lawyer.

The Dutch national is also the prime suspect in the disappearance of American teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba occurred in May 2005. The woman's body was never found.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #716 on: May 29, 2013, 10:06:12 PM »

http://www.rpp.com.pe/2013-05-29-abogado-de-van-der-sloot-opina-que-derechos-de-holandes-fueron-atentados-noticia_599241.html

Google translation:

Van der Sloot Lawyer believes that Dutch rights were attacks
Wednesday, May 29, 2013 | 11:45 a.m.

2 Comments

Dennis Sanchez says:
Today, 1:29 pm
That? forbade him to this miserable death? the only thing is entitled to death!

Walter Montero says:
Today, 24:09
Where are the rights of the people killed by the psychopath

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #717 on: May 29, 2013, 10:07:40 PM »

Rolling Eyes

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
SuzieQ
Monkey Junky

Justice for Natalee

« Reply #718 on: May 29, 2013, 10:54:58 PM »

http://latino.foxnews.com/latino/news/2013/05/29/convicted-killer-joran-van-de-sloot-plans-to-wed-in-peru-prison/

Joran van der Sloot, who became known around the world for the murder of Stephany Flores in Peru and for being arrested twice, but never charged, in the 2005 disappearance of U.S. teenager Natalee Holloway in Aruba, has wedding plans.

Claiming he is a changed man, he is asking to have his sentence reduced from to 28 to 20 years.

According to his lawyer, Maximo Altez, the Dutch man seeks to rebuild his life by marrying in prison, for which he is still awaiting the permission of the prison authorities.

Van der Sloot is a self-described liar, having repeatedly confessed to killing Holloway, who disappeared in 2005, and later retracting the confessions. He is the last person known to have seen her alive.

2 4 1
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #719 on: May 29, 2013, 11:34:19 PM »

To be "fair" when felons admit to a crime and ask for an "appeal" to their sentence .............. they should also have to risk getting their original sentence increased!! 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.