April 18, 2024, 12:21:31 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #867 12/01/12 - 8/16/13  (Read 499600 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #80 on: December 10, 2012, 11:41:16 AM »

http://www.camilleri.nl/2012/12/omkoopschandaal-rond-joran-van-der-sloot/

Google translation

Bribery Scandal around Joran van der Sloot
December 10, 2012 |

Joran van der Sloot during his trial in Peru tried to bribe the judges. He paid $ 75,000 to his lawyer, who promised that judges him up to 15 years in prison could give. Eventually, the lawyer himself $ 69,000 and Van der Sloot was sentenced to 28 years in prison for the murder of Stephany Flores. Van der Sloot writes in a letter to two counselors in the Netherlands and an American woman who supports him. The letter is in the hands of the Peruvian TV station Panorama TV. He writes that he never had a fair trial and that the case would be re-treated.

Van der Sloot's lawyer in the trial, Jimenez, advised him to plead guilty and $ 75,000 to the judges to give. That money borrowed Van der Sloot of the American woman. "Jimenez said that 15 years in prison, the maximum would be and that I would be released after five years," writes Van der Sloot. "He said I behaved well even after 3 years already could be released." Van der Sloot heard from other prisoners that judges are indeed to buy. Shortly thereafter he has the money to transfer to Jimenez. "I trusted him," writes Van der Sloot.

In the letter he writes about his surprise when he was 28 years cell. "I wish I had a copy of the movie with my expression." Jimenez, a day later along came and suggested that the money between them. Subsequently, Van der Sloot's lawyer angrily dismissed. The letter is not clear whether Jimenez wanted to push back the money itself or that it failed to pay the judges. Van der Sloot hoped that enough reason to hear the case again to do. According to him, the American woman copies of the $ 75,000 still. He understands that a new case is painful for the family and friends of Stephanie Flores, but according to him it is the only way to tell what exactly happened and why. "During the process, I have no question," he writes. "I ask only for a fair trial."
 ::snipping2::
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #81 on: December 10, 2012, 11:48:04 AM »

Brief 1 

December 10, 2012 |

BRIEF 1
Dear Max, Aldo and Mary,

Here is a summary of what occurred to me from the time I crossed the Peruvian border into Chilli up to the moment I was expelled, sent back to Peru and interrogated. I hope it will help Max and Aldo in fighting my human rights case and getting me a new trail. Please feel free to use any or all of the information I provide as you see fit. It is all 100% true. Three days after leaving hotel TAC in Lima my passport was stamped and I crossed the Peruvian border into Chilli. I was exhausted from the trip by car and spent the night at a hostle just over the border. The next day I took a flight to Santiago the Capitol of Chilli. I spent the night at a friends house and the next morning when I woke up my picture was in all the newspapers, not wanting to bring my friend any problems I decided to leave. I took a cab to Vino del Mar because I know someone who lives there and thought that he would be able to help me. I had no phone so once I got to Vino del Mar I found an internet cafe to try and contact my friend. I also spoke to my mother who told me to go to the Dutch Embassy and ask for refuge. I had emails from various journalists wanting to book flights for me to different countries but I really was not interested. I decided to go to the airport and book the first flight to Holland because at that time I felt like it was the right thing to be doing since I am a Dutch citizen and I obviously did not feel safe. Nobody had said anything to me but my picture was in all the newspapers and I even heard them mention me on the radio while in the Taxi. In the cab on the way from Vino del Mar to the airport a car intercepted us and they pulled me out of the car and put me in handcuffs. They took me to this big building and made me wait in a room on the second floor. I guess it must have been someones office because someone had been careless enough as to leave his gun and holster inside the desk I was sitting behind. I think I am to much of a chicken to kill myself but I seriously considered it until i decided to bring it to the attention of the policeman gaurding me outside the door. He came over and I showed him the gun, he was obviously embarrassed and quickly removed it and took it with him. After a couple hours I was called into a big room, with a bunch of people and computers. I asked if I could use one of the computers or at least make a call and they said I could after I gave a statement. I asked for a lawyer and they said I did not need one and they only wanted a statement from me. Not knowing my rights and not wanting to incriminate myself I gave them a statement which they made me retell about five or six times. After what seemed like hours they let me use one of the computers to check my email. My lawyer from Holland had emailed me with the advice to ask for an attorney and try to get on the first flight to Holland which I was planning on doing untill they intercepted me. They asked me what I was doing and I told them I wanted a lawyer and to book my flight to Holland. They became all silent and started whispering then said I could no longer use the computer. I told them again I wanted a lawyer and that is when they said I was not under arrest. I told them that if I was not under arrest I wanted to leave and go to the airport and if they did not they were kidnapping me. They didnt like that I said that and brought me back to the same room on the second floor and locked the door. I banged on the door untill someone opened it and said I wanted to use a phone but all my requests were denied. I got angry and said if I am not under arrest I want to leave and that’s when the gaurd put me back in handcuffs and locked the door. After what seemed like a couple more hours I was brought to a different room and there were about five people there. They said if I co-operate and sign some documents they would make things easy for me. I sat down and read the documents and even though my Spanish was poor to say the least I understood they were documents in which I agree to go back to Peru. I immidiately refused and they got angry and started slamming the desk saying I could go the easy way or the hard way. I said I refuse to sign and if I am not under arrest I want to leave and they told me this was no longer an opcion and that whether or not I sign I am going to Peru. I obviously still refused to sign. The people present signed the document and I was put back in handcuffs and brought to the same room. After a little while a lady came and asked me to reconsider and please sign the documents. She also brought me food a soda and a pack of cigarettes but I still refused. She called the gaurd to come in and take of my handcuffs so I could eat and said they were sending me to Peru with or without my signature on the documents so I could only be helping myself by signing and they could make everything go more smoothly for me and say I co-operated however I still kindly refused. The lady left and after 20 minutes the man I assume was in charge came in slammed the desk again and told me to sign I said no and he promised me he would take me to Peru the hard way. At this point I decided no longer to speak to him or anyone and just to remain silent and he left putting me back in handcuffs and locking the door.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #82 on: December 10, 2012, 11:52:05 AM »

December 10, 2012 |

BRIEF 2
Dear Max, Aldo and Mary,

After a long time Interpol showed up and said they would be transporting me to Peru. They took me to a car and drove me to a hanger where a small airplane was waiting. To be honest the people from Interpol treated me quite well and only handcuffed me in the plane. The plane flew from Santiago to Arica and they crossed me over the boarder by foot. The Peruvian police immediatly wanted to take custody of me but the people from Interpol did not let them saying their orders were to bring me to Lima. There was some arguing between the police and Interpol but they finally got their way and accompanied me all the way to Lima by car. While crossing the boarder I think I was read my rights even though a translator was not present. The drive from Arica to Lima is very long and we did it without any stops. I was exhausted, tired and hungry by the time we got to Lima. They made a huge media spectical out of Interpol handing me over to the police and paraded me past the cameras several times. I felt completely humiliated. After they had their fun I was put into a dark cell. After what did not seem like a long time they brought me to a different room where cameras were recording, and I immediatly confessed to the police, it is all on film. There was however no translator present and they told me I would have to tell them everything that happened again. I said I wanted a attorney but did not know any in Lima, I asked to call my attorney in Holland but they refused to let me make a phone call. They brought a public defender who advised me not to say anything and to say I was tired and needed to rest. The police were angry but the document was typed up and they brought me to the same dark cell where I finally was able to sleep. The young lady who was a public defender told me she would return the next day. The next day when the police came to get me to start interrogating me their was a different lady who said she was my lawyer. The truth is she was one of the policeman’s girlfriend or family member. I never signed a document agreeing for her to be my lawyer and Max told me public records show she is not even a public defender. She advised me to confess. I did as I was advised but when they wanted me to sign the documents it just all felt wrong so I just scribbled on the pages instead of using my signature. Max can review the documents and he knows about the Lawyer the police called I think he even filled charges against her. Only after all this had happened was I aloud to make a phone call which of course they also filmed. I called my mother who told me not to say anything and that a lawyer was on his way. After the phone call I refused to co-operate any longer and they started treating me badly untill Max finally showed up. Mostly everything that happened after that Max knows. I was transferred to Miguel Castro Castro and my trail was supposed to start. There was no translator so after one or two hearings the presiding judge suspended the hearings. The Embassy claimed it was the Peruvian justice system who should supply a translator not them and apparently there is no system in place for this kind of situation. About 18 monthes passed without anything happening, no questions by the judge, no reconstruction, nothing. I would think that at least a reconstruction should have taken place so that the facts of what took place would be clear but not even that happened.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #83 on: December 10, 2012, 11:56:00 AM »

December 10, 2012 |

BRIEF 3
Dear Max, Aldo and Mary,

After a discussion I have with Max I decide to change lawyers however at this time I am allready in the “Sala” where they give me the opcion to take my “Conclusion Anticipada”. My lawyer Mr. Jimenez tells me to ask for some time to consider it so I do as advised. Later the same day he comes to visit me and says he knows one of the judges and that he was a student of the Flores family lawyer. He said that my best opcion was to take the conclusion anticipada and that if I could get 75,000$ together he could pay off the judges or at least one of them so that I would get the minimum sentence something which according to him was completely in their right to do if I took the conclusion anticipada. He said if they wanted to they could give me less than the minimum but that I should be happy with 15 years and that I would be free on benifits in 5. (Mary although not aware of this herself should have the records of the money sent to Jimenez with the exact date) I think just one of the abuses I was put through should be enough reason to ask for a new trail. Mr. Jimenez told me that with no priors and good conduct I would be free in 3 years having served 1/3 of my sentence. I asked around in the prison and people told me that it was possible so I pulled all the strings I could and with the help of really only one person I got the money to Mr. Jimenez. I had told Mary the money was for bail which is not true but I was afraid that if I told her the truth she might not help me. Jimenez said he would fix everything and that my 15 year sentence as a maximum was gaurenteed. I trusted him at the time. The next time I appeared in front of the “sala” I took my conclusion anticipada thinking everything was arranged ahead of time, and they suspended the hearing for sentencing. Sometime while all this was happening Jimenez asked me to sign a document that really didn’t say much except that I was happy with his work. I found it a little strange at the time but signed it anyway. According to him everything had gone well. The day of my sentencing came and I was sentenced to 28 years in jail. I wish I had a copy of the video and my expression, I am sure you can find it on YouTube. The same day without being able to talk to my lawyer or anyone else I was transfered to piedra gordas (ancon 1) a jail where a public phone does not even exist. There is no way of communication with the outside world here. Talk about abuse of my rights. So without communication and feeling pretty screwed by Mr. Jimenez who finally showed up the next day. He told me he had 69,000$ left of the money Mary sent him and an email that he may do with the money as he pleases as long as its in my benifit. He told me he was sorry but had the nerve to ask me if I wanted to split the money with him. That’s when I got angry with him and told him to leave. He left after a short argument and apparently sent the money back to Mary. I have not had communication with him since. I know this is a lot of information and a lot to digest. Please keep in mind I am not asking to be set free yet I am only asking for a new trail and for my rights to be respected this time. The only negative thing is bringing the issue to attention once again which could cause suffering for Stephanies family and friends but I truly believe they would be able to heal better from their tragic loss of their daughter if they knew how and more importantly why everything occurred the way it did. Somthing which to the day of today is not clear. During my entire trail which consisted of maybe 5 hearings I was not asked a single question. Besides the fact that my rights have been violated time and time again all I am asking for is a fair trail. I truly believe and think that in the end all parties involved will be able to carry on with their lives in a better way knowing what happened and why
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #84 on: December 10, 2012, 03:20:00 PM »

http://www.trouw.nl/tr/nl/4496/Buitenland/article/detail/3361254/2012/12/10/Joran-van-der-Sloot-wil-spreekrecht-in-hoger-beroep.dhtml

Google translation

Joran van der Sloot will speak on appeal 
10/12/12, 19:24 - Source: Reuters

Joran van der Sloot will speak at the hearing of his appeal to the Supreme Court of Peru. That said his lawyer Maximo Altez Monday prompted by the ANP. .

Van der Sloot, which a prison sentence of 28-year sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores, wants according to his lawyer, "explain what according to him since his arrest in Chile has happened, that he had no explanation for the court to pass, that there is no reconstruction of the events is done and that his then lawyer, Jose Jimenez, has deceived him. "

"He had to believe that he could get reduced sentence of 15 years if he pleaded guilty and that the judges were bribed for $ 75,000 to secure it stelle" said Altez.

::snipping2:: Jose Jimenez could not be reached for comment on the allegations of Van der Sloot. Maximo Altez could not say when the appeal is.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #85 on: December 10, 2012, 03:38:01 PM »

http://www.rtl.nl/components/actueel/rtlnieuws/2012/12_december/10/binnenland/joran_van_der_sloot_wil_spreekrecht_in_hoger_beroep.xml

Google translation

RTL News | December 10, 2012, 19:50
Joran van der Sloot would talk on appeal

Peruvian media today received a long letter from Van der Sloot. The Dutchman wrote that through his lawyer vormalige Jimenez tried to bribe the judges. Jimenez would give him prior to the lawsuit have agreed that after five years, would be released if he would confess and $ 75,000 to the judges would give. That he has done in his own words, "because he had confidence in Jimenez '. "With open mouth in astonishment," he heard the verdict, he says in his letter. He got 28 years jail.

'Lawyer loved money'
 Van der Sloot says in his letter that Jimenez him half the money wanted to return, but the Dutchman has the lawyer angrily put aside. Van der Sloot says he has received $ 75,000 from the American Mary Hamer, who helps him. They would have copies that must prove that the money actually paid to Jimenez.

Van der Sloot: Never fair trial
Van der Sloot is that he never had a fair trial, he wrote. He wants the case re-done. He says in the letter that "the downside for the parents and friends of Stephany is that the matter will receive renewed attention.

Old lawyer angry
The Dutchman is busy writing a book. According to the former lawyer of Van der Sloot, Jimenez, is that the reason for his statements.

Jimenez is angry with his former client:'' I do not know what he wants, perhaps it is propaganda for the book they are writing. Anyway, what he says makes no sense, "said Jimenez against Heart of the Netherlands.

The lawyer says that the 'typical for Joran to these statements':'' He accused his former lawyer also extort $ 80,000 from him to have made. This is something that Joran often does.''
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #86 on: December 10, 2012, 07:10:43 PM »

::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Buckeye
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #87 on: December 10, 2012, 08:39:09 PM »

The next day when the police came to get me to start interrogating me

I gave them a statement which they made me retell about five or six times.

cameras were recording, and I immediatly confessed to the police, it is all on film.

I believe he refused to participate in the reconstruction.  Interrogating is asking questions.  He retold his story many times.  He filmed his confession.  Yet, his concern is for the family to find closure???

they would be able to heal better from their tragic loss of their daughter if they knew how and more importantly why everything occurred the way it did. Somthing which to the day of today is not clear.

During my entire trail which consisted of maybe 5 hearings I was not asked a single question.

Or he did not answer a single question.

Always looking to get off on the technicality.  Good luck with that.  You found the lawyer to do what you wanted (cause you are the smartest one) so now live with your results.

Rob
Monkey All Star

« Reply #88 on: December 10, 2012, 08:47:36 PM »

Certainly I can't speak for anyone else - however, I'm getting impatient waiting for Joran to be snuff'd out. If he would sit there quietly and enjoy prison and not utter a peep - I probably wouldn't care, however, it's his non-stop cry for attention that has me wanting him deader than his father.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

Truth, Justice and the American Way.

+++

~ livin' the life I was born to live - givin' it all I've got to give ~
Tibrogargan
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #89 on: December 10, 2012, 09:01:13 PM »

Thank you Grace for all the translations.

All I can say about Joran's ramblings is that they are as full of holes as a Swiss cheese.

Oh and Karma is a wonderful thing.  I love having the opportunity to watch it in action.

::boxingjoran::

....And at night the wond’rous glory of the everlasting stars..  A.B (Banjo) Paterson
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #90 on: December 10, 2012, 09:10:05 PM »

"Gee whiz --- I TRIED to bribe my way out of murder and it backfired on me. That is really unfair.!"

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #91 on: December 10, 2012, 10:17:15 PM »

"Gee whiz --- I TRIED to bribe my way out of murder and it backfired on me. That is really unfair.!"

Typical Joranspeak...   

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #92 on: December 10, 2012, 10:36:29 PM »

Brief 1 

December 10, 2012 |

BRIEF 1
Dear Max, Aldo and Mary,

Here is a summary of what occurred to me from the time I crossed the Peruvian border into Chilli up to the moment I was expelled, sent back to Peru and interrogated. I hope it will help Max and Aldo in fighting my human rights case and getting me a new trail. Please feel free to use any or all of the information I provide as you see fit. It is all 100% true. Three days after leaving hotel TAC in Lima my passport was stamped and I crossed the Peruvian border into Chilli. I was exhausted from the trip by car and spent the night at a hostle just over the border. The next day I took a flight to Santiago the Capitol of Chilli. I spent the night at a friends house and the next morning when I woke up my picture was in all the newspapers, not wanting to bring my friend any problems I decided to leave. I took a cab to Vino del Mar because I know someone who lives there and thought that he would be able to help me. I had no phone so once I got to Vino del Mar I found an internet cafe to try and contact my friend. I also spoke to my mother who told me to go to the Dutch Embassy and ask for refuge. I had emails from various journalists wanting to book flights for me to different countries but I really was not interested. I decided to go to the airport and book the first flight to Holland because at that time I felt like it was the right thing to be doing since I am a Dutch citizen and I obviously did not feel safe. Nobody had said anything to me but my picture was in all the newspapers and I even heard them mention me on the radio while in the Taxi. In the cab on the way from Vino del Mar to the airport a car intercepted us and they pulled me out of the car and put me in handcuffs. They took me to this big building and made me wait in a room on the second floor. I guess it must have been someones office because someone had been careless enough as to leave his gun and holster inside the desk I was sitting behind. I think I am to much of a chicken to kill myself but I seriously considered it until i decided to bring it to the attention of the policeman gaurding me outside the door. He came over and I showed him the gun, he was obviously embarrassed and quickly removed it and took it with him. After a couple hours I was called into a big room, with a bunch of people and computers. I asked if I could use one of the computers or at least make a call and they said I could after I gave a statement. I asked for a lawyer and they said I did not need one and they only wanted a statement from me. Not knowing my rights and not wanting to incriminate myself I gave them a statement which they made me retell about five or six times. After what seemed like hours they let me use one of the computers to check my email. My lawyer from Holland had emailed me with the advice to ask for an attorney and try to get on the first flight to Holland which I was planning on doing untill they intercepted me. They asked me what I was doing and I told them I wanted a lawyer and to book my flight to Holland. They became all silent and started whispering then said I could no longer use the computer. I told them again I wanted a lawyer and that is when they said I was not under arrest. I told them that if I was not under arrest I wanted to leave and go to the airport and if they did not they were kidnapping me. They didnt like that I said that and brought me back to the same room on the second floor and locked the door. I banged on the door untill someone opened it and said I wanted to use a phone but all my requests were denied. I got angry and said if I am not under arrest I want to leave and that’s when the gaurd put me back in handcuffs and locked the door. After what seemed like a couple more hours I was brought to a different room and there were about five people there. They said if I co-operate and sign some documents they would make things easy for me. I sat down and read the documents and even though my Spanish was poor to say the least I understood they were documents in which I agree to go back to Peru. I immidiately refused and they got angry and started slamming the desk saying I could go the easy way or the hard way. I said I refuse to sign and if I am not under arrest I want to leave and they told me this was no longer an opcion and that whether or not I sign I am going to Peru. I obviously still refused to sign. The people present signed the document and I was put back in handcuffs and brought to the same room. After a little while a lady came and asked me to reconsider and please sign the documents. She also brought me food a soda and a pack of cigarettes but I still refused. She called the gaurd to come in and take of my handcuffs so I could eat and said they were sending me to Peru with or without my signature on the documents so I could only be helping myself by signing and they could make everything go more smoothly for me and say I co-operated however I still kindly refused. The lady left and after 20 minutes the man I assume was in charge came in slammed the desk again and told me to sign I said no and he promised me he would take me to Peru the hard way. At this point I decided no longer to speak to him or anyone and just to remain silent and he left putting me back in handcuffs and locking the door.

He has a cousin in Santiago.

https://www.facebook.com/celestedenboer?fref=pb

Celeste Den Boer Barrientos

College

Universidad Finis Terrae
Law · Providencia, Chile

High School

Liceo Frances

Class of 1998 · Santiago, Chile

Living
   Santiago, Chile
Hometown

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #93 on: December 10, 2012, 11:29:46 PM »

Certainly I can't speak for anyone else - however, I'm getting impatient waiting for Joran to be snuff'd out. If he would sit there quietly and enjoy prison and not utter a peep - I probably wouldn't care, however, it's his non-stop cry for attention that has me wanting him deader than his father.

Merry Christmas and Happy Hanukkah.

bbm ^^^ Yeah, and have sweet nightmare dreams of three lovely ladies...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #94 on: December 10, 2012, 11:34:29 PM »

::boxingjoran:: ::boxingjoran::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #95 on: December 10, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »

Thank you Grace for all the translations.

All I can say about Joran's ramblings is that they are as full of holes as a Swiss cheese.

Oh and Karma is a wonderful thing.  I love having the opportunity to watch it in action.

::boxingjoran::

You're welcome, Tibro. 

And the Supreme Court judges are going to believe him...NOT!   ::boxingjoran::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #96 on: December 10, 2012, 11:49:43 PM »

http://www.hartvannederland.nl/nederland/2012/joran-zoekt-publiciteit-om-boek/

Google translation

Monday at 15:39
"Joran seeks publicity to book

Joran van der Sloot wants media attention because he is planning a book or movie to bring out. That leaves his former lawyer Jose Jimenez know in our editors.

He was responding to allegations of Van der Sloot to his address. The Dutchman wrote in a letter to a Peruvian television that Jimenez him $ 75,000 has asked the judges who handled his case to buy. The lawyer would have promised him that this would ensure that he would receive the minimum sentence for the murder of Stephany Flores.

"I do not know what he wants, perhaps it is propaganda for the book they are writing. Anyway, what he says makes no sense, "said Jimenez. The counselor explains that there has long been plans for a book that Joran probably in the United States wants to give. In addition, the Dutchman story also want to film. "Movies, magazines, that's where they get money," he says.

The lawyer claims to be shocked by the allegations. "I am traveling and suddenly I was tonight by many people called about the letter of Joran. I do not know what the audience will find this, but I hope they believe me. I am an honest lawyer and am in my entire career, accused of anything. Put my words on the scale next to a person ... I for ethical reasons will say nothing about. "
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #97 on: December 10, 2012, 11:58:22 PM »

http://arubaherald.com/911/3865-police-chief-says-surveillance-has-already-been-increased-in-hotel-area.html

Police Chief says surveillance has already been increased in hotel area
Monday, 10 December 2012 08:38

Saturday during a press conference Police Chief Dolfi Richardson said these past few weeks the police corps has noticed that the hotel areas have become vulnerable, and the force has therefore already increased surveillance here, in addition to the Visibility Team's activities. This has been ongoing for a few months already.

Richardson said police presence has been tripled and there is a plan to minimize the risks for criminal activities in the area. He said although no detentions have taken place in regards to the recent armed robberies on three jewelry shops in Palm Beach, the investigations are ongoing and enough information has to be gathered for an arrest.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #98 on: December 11, 2012, 12:06:44 AM »

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba/138898-20-extra-agenten-voor-veiliger-toeristenzone

Google translation:

20 additional agents for safer tourist zone         

MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2012 9:27

ORANGE CITY - There will be more police in the tourist zone and the camera is the last station for approval within the government. This emerged from the emergency meeting last Saturday between government and police. Aruba Hotel and Tourism Association (Ahata) Expresses suspicions that a significant proportion of criminals mainly from neighboring countries, and calls for stricter controls at the border.

by Linda Reijnders

"There are measures taken last Saturday," said the Minister of Tourism, Transport and Labor, Otmar Oduber (AVP). He explains that among other things called Visibility Teams since 2002, in Aruba operational for more security in the tourist area, formerly consisted of one officer and two or three people. Now, a team full of policemen go there. The difference is that they'll all have full authority to carry out an arrest. "That means that there are twenty agents are added to the teams that the tourist zone check. In addition, there is a plan for camera that only has to be approved by FDA (Dutch-Aruban Development, ed), so we quickly with a pilot in the tourist zone to start. "

For that camera reacts James Hepple, director of trade association Ahata and chairman of Aruba Hospitality and Security Foundation, the hotels have a lot invested in additional cameras. "The Hyatt hotel for example $ 100,000 extra cameras purchased and the Marriott there is considerable over. Of course this is due to the events of recent times. The hotels will increase the safety of their guests. Difficult with CCTV by the government is that a camera in a public area may only post when it has no view on private land. This is difficult in the hotel zone where many adjacent to one another, "explains Hepple out. He says that from Ahata the Government continued to insist on strengthening the police force and harsher punishments for criminals.

Strict border control e

Also refers to the trade association to suspicions that a large proportion of criminals from abroad can be taken from the surrounding countries. The stricter limits would have to be monitored to ensure the safety of the Aruban increase, says Ahata. Which those suspicions are based, is not clear. Faction leader René Herde of AVP ruling party said last Saturday in Amigoe that criminals are properly organized locally. The Minister of Justice Arthur Dowers (AVP), has no origin, but about the use of drugs that would play a major role in the criminal. He sees international organized drug trafficking as a major cause of crime. The emergency meeting of Saturday's at least a plan for the month of December came, informs Vanessa Kock, head of the criminal police. "There are clear internal agreements within the police to tackle crime."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #99 on: December 11, 2012, 12:11:46 AM »

Not sure what's going on here with Jossy Mansur, saw a clip a while back about him allegedly owing taxes?

Of course it's a subscriber article...

http://www.amigoe.com/aruba?start=5

Google translation:

Mansur: declaration against tax goodies
MONDAY, DECEMBER 10, 2012 8:59

ORANGE CITY - Jossy Mansur, businessman and include editor of morning newspaper Diario, will declare against officials load data ...

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.