March 28, 2024, 04:35:26 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Natalee Holloway/Stephany Flores Case Discussion #867 12/01/12 - 8/16/13  (Read 497950 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #720 on: May 30, 2013, 12:03:47 AM »

To be "fair" when felons admit to a crime and ask for an "appeal" to their sentence .............. they should also have to risk getting their original sentence increased!! 

ITA, and was thinking the same thing when I posted earlier!   

If that was a possibility, we wouldn't be seeing any of this nonsense!

They want to make it sound now like Joran's "sincere confession" (NOT) saved a lengthy trial...facilitation of justice...blah blah blah, what it saved was his sorry azz a possible LIFE sentence that he deserves and he knows it!

He actually deserves worse 

JMO

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #721 on: May 30, 2013, 12:21:55 AM »

To be "fair" when felons admit to a crime and ask for an "appeal" to their sentence .............. they should also have to risk getting their original sentence increased!! 

ITA, and was thinking the same thing when I posted earlier!   

If that was a possibility, we wouldn't be seeing any of this nonsense!

They want to make it sound now like Joran's "sincere confession" (NOT) saved a lengthy trial...facilitation of justice...blah blah blah, what it saved was his sorry azz a possible LIFE sentence that he deserves and he knows it!

He actually deserves worse 

JMO

The original ruling that Joran could not be extradited to the USA until his original 28 year sentence was fulfilled in Peru was supposedly "to be confirmed" by Peru's Supreme Court. I don't think we ever heard anymore on this. Now that the "appeal" is under the Supreme Court's review .... I wonder if this will now be confirmed or amended???? I HOPE so!!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #722 on: May 30, 2013, 01:02:18 AM »

Wreck

The Peruvian Supreme Court approved the extradition after he served his sentence.  The final step is for the justice minister and Cabinet to endorse it.  They are probably waiting for the results of the final appeal.  imo

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8687996
Peru court: Dutchman's extradition after sentence
Monday, June 04, 2012
wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #723 on: May 30, 2013, 04:18:16 PM »

Wreck

The Peruvian Supreme Court approved the extradition after he served his sentence.  The final step is for the justice minister and Cabinet to endorse it.  They are probably waiting for the results of the final appeal.  imo

http://abclocal.go.com/wpvi/story?section=news/national_world&id=8687996
Peru court: Dutchman's extradition after sentence
Monday, June 04, 2012

gotcha .... you are correct! 

Anna
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #724 on: May 30, 2013, 05:08:06 PM »

Well, here's hoping Dr. Phil is finally successful in getting the Kalpos off his back.  They thought it was going to be soooo easy and probably an out of court settlement for millions and so forth.  They will grow old at this rate before there is ever even a ruling.  AHATA must be kicking themselves for ever starting this.

So Joran may be actually getting married this time? 

Since he is repentant and all that, he'll be eager to tell Beth Holloway the truth about what happened to her daughter, right?  Didn't he promise to write her a letter when she went to Peru to see him in prison? 

Be a man, Joran.  PROVE you're repentant and come clean on Natalee as well. 

It's OK with me if he gets to Alabama Federal Court sooner rather than later.  Extortion carries a sentence just as long as murder in Peru.  He's still a long long way from any kind of freedom and I like to think about the kind of life he would have in an Alabama prison anyway just as much as I do where he is now.

I'm still here but don't log in very often as don't have anything to add.  And I do believe in redemption but as I said, actions speak louder than words and the first thing a redeemed Joran would do is contact Beth with any and all information he has. 

PERSONA NON GRATA

All posts reflect my opinion only and are not shared by all forum members nor intended as statement of facts.  I am doing the best I can with the information available.

Murder & Crime on Aruba Summary http://tinyurl.com/2nus7c
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #725 on: May 30, 2013, 09:14:33 PM »

Well, here's hoping Dr. Phil is finally successful in getting the Kalpos off his back.  They thought it was going to be soooo easy and probably an out of court settlement for millions and so forth.  They will grow old at this rate before there is ever even a ruling.  AHATA must be kicking themselves for ever starting this.

So Joran may be actually getting married this time? 

Since he is repentant and all that, he'll be eager to tell Beth Holloway the truth about what happened to her daughter, right?  Didn't he promise to write her a letter when she went to Peru to see him in prison? 

Be a man, Joran.  PROVE you're repentant and come clean on Natalee as well. 

It's OK with me if he gets to Alabama Federal Court sooner rather than later.  Extortion carries a sentence just as long as murder in Peru.  He's still a long long way from any kind of freedom and I like to think about the kind of life he would have in an Alabama prison anyway just as much as I do where he is now.

I'm still here but don't log in very often as don't have anything to add.  And I do believe in redemption but as I said, actions speak louder than words and the first thing a redeemed Joran would do is contact Beth with any and all information he has. 

IMO

He's not repentant, or even sorry for what he's done, Anna.  I don't think he really even knows those emotions at all, they're not in him.  He can't even ACT that way convincingly!  The signs of deception are always there.

Remember the trial for Stephany's murder...that was his chance, it might have even gained him something...less time...he failed miserably.  He knew full well he would be convicted and he still used his appearances in court to show disrespect to the judges and the process. 

Even his later written apology to Stephany's family was discredited through his handwriting iirc. 

His only regret is that he got caught and prosecuted this time.

Maybe he really is getting married (this time), but I don't believe it.  And even if he is, so what?  I mean really.  We know it can't be the regular met, dated, fell in love kind of marriage.  So there has to be something in it for Joran.  From my understanding he doesn't need to be married to have conjugal visits with a woman in prison.  Remember, some still say he's already the dad of a child that was conceived in prison (I don't believe that either).  Some things I've read say only family can visit so maybe if he's married the unlucky bride would be allowed to visit more often?  Maybe that's it?  If he gains Peruvian nationality because of the marriage, what good will that be?  It's not going to keep him from eventually coming to Alabama to face charges.  Maybe it could get him general population?  Wouldn't that be nice?!  For all we know, Joran may have had many marriages among the inmates since he's been in prison where he belongs.  Whether by choice, or for protection, for cigarettes, or a phone call!  Maybe I'm wrong but I think the latest proclamations of an upcoming wedding were just to have one basis to try to make the monster appear semi normal in the appeal.  If I'm right, it's sad that's the best they can do while dragging the same girl through the mud all over again.  If I'm wrong, it's sad that this girl would attach the stigma of being married to that monster to herself and her child.  I doubt that the hatred of Joran has died down much at all in Peru, so how would she be treated by those who know when she's out in public?  Will they throw rotten veggies at her too?  Since the first false reports of Joran getting married I've thought they were just his way (or that of others) to take one more shot at his victim's families....especially Beth.  Sad, if that's the best they can do.  Joran can get married all he wants.  It will never be a marriage like Natalee or Stephany should have had.  There's simply no comparison imo.  It's not like he's going to live happily ever after.  He's a monster, he's where he belongs; and that's not going to change.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #726 on: May 30, 2013, 09:58:04 PM »

Just a few of the recent tweets I've seen about Natalee, there have been so many.  I've read others about some currently watching the Lifetime movies, to warning their friends about Aruba, or just to always remember the buddy system and stay safe.

She is remembered.    an angelic monkey

https://twitter.com/lexeesielewicz/statuses/340270987583053824

Lexee ⚓
‏@lexeesielewicz

Wow 8 years since Natalee Holloway's disappearance. My prayers go out to Natalee's family tonight. Especially her mother, Beth Holloway.

5:58 PM - 30 May 13

https://twitter.com/HistoryForToday/statuses/340256820067180545

On This Day
‏@HistoryForToday

On May 30, 2005, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared after leaving a bar in Aruba with Joran van der Sloot. http://j.mp/c30Dhg

5:02 PM - 30 May 13

https://twitter.com/ChipFaust/statuses/340200637683863553

Follow

Chip Faust
‏@ChipFaust

ICYMI today is the anniversary of Natalee Holloway's disappearance in Aruba in 2005.

1:18 PM - 30 May 13

https://twitter.com/MAW_831/statuses/340148951548297216

Mary Alice Wilson
‏@MAW_831

Today is 8 years since Natalee Holloway went missing in Aruba. Prayers for that family today as they continue to search for their closure.

9:53 AM - 30 May 13

https://twitter.com/WorldHistory101/status/340060843569979392

World History 101
‏@WorldHistory101

On May 30, 2005, 18-year-old Natalee Holloway disappeared after leaving a bar in Aruba with Joran van der Sloot. http://j.mp/c30Dhg

4:03ETS AM - 30 May 13

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #727 on: May 30, 2013, 11:12:25 PM »

Eight years - We will never forget!

wreck
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #728 on: May 30, 2013, 11:50:15 PM »

Eight years - We will never forget!

<iframe width="420" height="315" src="http://www.youtube.com/embed/hUZRVV1klek" frameborder="0" allowfullscreen></iframe>

VERY WELL DONE!!! Let's not forget it is the anniversary of Stephany's murder as well! 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #729 on: May 31, 2013, 01:17:09 AM »

http://www.nu.nl/buitenland/3488547/joran-van-sloot-mag-nog-niet-trouwen.html

Google translation

published:      May 31, 2013 06:25
Last update:  May 31, 2013 06:25
Joran van der Sloot may not marry

Joran van der Sloot can not marry his Peruvian girlfriend. He does not meet the conditions.

That says a spokesman for the Peruvian prison authority INPE. Van der Sloot's lawyer had previously know that the Dutchman will soon enter into marriage.

According to the spokeswoman Wednesday she has been self to the Piedras Gordas prison to inquire. It appeared that the 25-year-old Dutchman has indeed made ​​to marry a request but that he has not yet returned to the prison authorities. Necessary documents

If this has happened, Van der Sloot could marry, the spokesman said. In Peru's prisons, a civil and religious marriage are closed. Also, it is possible to individually or with a plurality of sets of at the same time to get married. It is not clear what marriage Van der Sloot will.

Van der Sloot wants to marry his 23 year old girlfriend Leidy Figueroa who he met when he was trapped there. In the Miguel Castro Castro Prison They came there regularly visit a detained relative. According to lawyer Máximo Altez visit Figueroa Van der Sloot now every week at Piedras Gordas and manages include the finances.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #730 on: May 31, 2013, 01:45:00 AM »

http://www.theaustralian.com.au/news/breaking-news/dutch-killer-to-marry-in-peru-prison/story-fn3dxix6-1226654616280

Dutch killer to marry in Peru prison   
May 31, 2013 3:25PM

DUTCH convicted killer Joran Van der Sloot, serving a 28-year sentence in Peru for murdering a young Peruvian woman, will tie the knot in prison next month, his lawyer says. 

Lawyer Maximo Altez said an official from the northern district of Ancon, where Van der Sloot is in custody, would perform the civil wedding ceremony at the Piedras Gordas maximum security prison outside Lima.

The lawyer on Thursday provided scant information about the bride-to-be however, other than to say that she is Peruvian.

"We just hope the National Penitentiary Institute (INPE) will grant us permission," said the lawyer, adding that he would be the best man and the only guest invited to the ceremony.

Blonde
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #731 on: May 31, 2013, 05:57:14 PM »

Natalee Holloway Murder Suspect to Marry in Peru Prison
By ABC News | ABC News Blogs – 2 hours 20 minutes ago
Joran der Sloot, in a Peruvian prison for the murder of a woman
, is going to marry his girlfriend Leydi Figueroa Uceda sometime in June, according to Maximo Altez, van der Sloot's lawyer.
The couple have known each other since early 2011 when Figueroa was visiting someone else at the Castro Castro Prison where van der Sloot was then being held awaiting trial. Since then van der Sloot, 26, has been convicted of the murder of Peruvian woman Stephany Flores and sentenced to 28 years. An appeal of that sentence on technical grounds is currently being heard by Peru's Supreme Court.
Altez told ABC News that he is awaiting confirmation from the prison authorities for the ceremony to be held inside the Piedras Gordas prison where van der Sloot is currently incarcerated. Rumors spread a year ago that a child that Leydi gave birth to was fathered by van der Sloot, which Altez says is untrue.
Joran's whole attitude has changed since he met Leydi," said Altez. "He was moping and bad humored all the time, but now he is more hopeful. He wants to get married and reorganize his life. He sees himself as a changed person." Monkey Devil!
http://gma.yahoo.com/blogs/abc-blogs/natalee-holloway-murder-suspect-marry-peru-prison-184419111.html

Behind Every Lie is a Clue to the Truth
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #732 on: May 31, 2013, 07:03:16 PM »

He wants to "reorganize his life."???

Hey y'all - when he gets to Birmingham, his life is definitely going to be reorganized.

Just sayin...
Magnolia
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #733 on: May 31, 2013, 09:11:52 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/30/joran-van-der-sloot-marriage_n_3361453.html?ncid=webmail3

Joran Van Der Sloot Wedding: Nuptials Being Arranged By Convicted Killer

Convicted killer Joran van der Sloot is engaged to a Peruvian woman, according to his attorney Maximo Altez. The wedding is to be held in June, pending final approval by prison officials.

Altez was unavailable for comment this afternoon. In an earlier interview with the Associated Press he declined to disclose the name of the bride.

"He wants to marry, change his life, start a new life," Altez, also Peruvian, told the AP.

According to published reports, the young woman van der Sloot plans to wed is Leydi Figueroa Uceda, who he met in early 2011 when she was distributing products to inmates at the Miguel Castro Castro prison in San Juan de Lurigancho.

The future bride, according to published reports, was born on Sept. 19, 1989 in Peru. She is reportedly a devout Roman Catholic who lives in San Juan de Lurigancho. She is the mother of a child who may or may not be the son of van der Sloot. There are conflicting reports that the child was conceived during an unsupervised conjugal prison visit. The bride-to-be is, according to the Associated Press, registered at the prison as a conjugal visitor for the convicted killer.

Van der Sloot, an inmate at the Piedras Gordas prison in Lima, was born in Arnhem, Netherlands on Aug. 6, 1987. The Dutch citizen lived in Aruba and is an alumnus of the International School of Aruba. He is the son of Anita van der Sloot-Hugen, an art teacher, and the late Paul van der Sloot.

The will of heaven be done in this and all things.
jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #734 on: May 31, 2013, 10:20:39 PM »

Joran seeking attention again, I see.   

Challapalca him!
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #735 on: June 02, 2013, 12:30:02 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=588131857872505&set=a.100274716658224.436.100000270877358&type=1

Carla Jolly Pirates Aruba
May 25
Marlene Nichols-Scherrenburg and Jan's Commitment Ceremony soon in Progress!
Hopi Masha Pabien and SUPER Congratulations to the Very Happy Couple! Photos on our FAN page tomorrow!

https://www.facebook.com/jolly.piratesaruba.5/posts/588495991169425

Carla Jolly Pirates Aruba shared Rona Coster Kahan's photo.
May 26
congratulations to the happy couple!

More pictures here:

https://www.facebook.com/ronacoster/posts/10151641560530909

Rona Coster Kahan
May 25 at 3:00pm ·  ·
Marlene Nichols-Scherrenburg gets married to Jan Scherrenburg, on board the Carla Jolly Pirates Aruba officiated by Marlene's sister, with friends and family members in attendance!

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #736 on: June 02, 2013, 12:34:52 AM »

http://www.weddingdialogues.com/commitment_ceremonies.html

What is a commitment ceremony?

The term "commitment ceremony" usually refers to a public ceremony that celebrates the mutual commitment of two people without legally changing the terms of their relationship. Commitment ceremonies are held by couples who are not legally free to marry and by couples who want to celebrate their devotion without marrying.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #737 on: June 02, 2013, 02:48:09 AM »

Justice for Natalee!

Port Valerie
Monkey Junky

« Reply #738 on: June 02, 2013, 04:03:08 AM »

Wow. Eight years. I'm glad the monkeys are still here. I forget how to post. Excuse me if I have to relearn the ropes!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #739 on: June 02, 2013, 09:33:38 AM »

Wow. Eight years. I'm glad the monkeys are still here. I forget how to post. Excuse me if I have to relearn the ropes!

Welcome back Port Valerie!   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 37 38 39 40 41 42 43 44 45 46 47 48 49 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.