April 19, 2024, 12:37:45 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351106 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #140 on: August 24, 2007, 02:05:11 AM »

IMO the one in the picture looks more like from Pier One or Cost Plus or Big lots or a drug store. The picture is so grainy. I wish someone could zero in on the picture in the frame.

Remember he was in a rental house... built around 1920's +-. If the land lady still had a fondness for that style, those drapes were in the 20's and 30's here.

Actually, I think can still be found in the Penney's catalog. The are easy to make too.

You may have hit the nail on the head with Pier one:

http://www.pier1.com/home.aspx

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #141 on: August 24, 2007, 02:09:38 AM »

Doesn't help much IBE:

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #142 on: August 24, 2007, 02:15:49 AM »

You don't have to go there to get them. The are hung on fences in LA to be bought and you just pull over and buy them.

But Mexico is so close and it seems the person of interest was all over the place. Malibu State Park wilderness; Rancho Santa Margarita, San Diego, the boat.

Hi Kermit!!!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #143 on: August 24, 2007, 02:19:43 AM »

Can't get the link to pull up. When I had a home it was decorated in Air Force thrift shop, Pier one, JC Penneys and Sears. I'd love to go into some of the stores in Beverly Hills and see what was hot and then go look for the cheaper versions... long ago  Laughing

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #144 on: August 24, 2007, 02:24:14 AM »

San Pedro boat dock
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #145 on: August 24, 2007, 02:24:31 AM »

My former home was what is called here a 1932 Spanish home.. it had a famous architect that we had no idea of at the time. It was just a neat home. It had curtain rods like those in the picture. Later on, I was able to get some custom made with draw thingies that looked like wood.

It's just that the house where he lived was about a 1920 sort of Craftsman bungalow and would have this type of curtain if no one "upgraded".

Klaas, I mean the picture in the frame on the table by the lamp. However, the big picture may be of interest too

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #146 on: August 24, 2007, 02:26:30 AM »

You don't have to go there to get them. The are hung on fences in LA to be bought and you just pull over and buy them.

But Mexico is so close and it seems the person of interest was all over the place. Malibu State Park wilderness; Rancho Santa Margarita, San Diego, the boat.

Hi Kermit!!!

ribbit

Yeah his tool box was found  a mile or so from his home in LA. So, that means he must have either been in that area, or came back.

Wish we knew if the cell phone text msg was traced to S.D. or LA or ?

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #147 on: August 24, 2007, 02:33:39 AM »

Free! Rent exchange for cleaning/errands/make food. Kewl girl needed!
hous-340606011@craigslist.org
Tuesday, May 29, 2007
Sinjin here , welcome to my ad =D !

Thanks for stopping in a minute to visit .

I hope this finds you well, if not perhaps this will help !

Im looking for an easygoing gal between 18-30 to help me out round here

I need the place kept up, food made and a few errands ran weekly for me

In exchange you get to stay rent free!!!!

You would get your own space & it could be furnished or not, currently it is with a full desktop pc (computer,monitor,keyboard,mouse,speakers) with high speed internet connection, bed, coffee table, etc...

My little house in West LA right off the 10 fwy near the near where it crosses the 405 fwy, 7 mins to the ocean!!!!!9 mins to UCLA, 5 mins to the westside pavillion mall, 8 mins to bev hills, 15 mins to Hollywood etc... It is a nice, quiet and safe area on a secluded street, no more apartment living!!!

The house itself is a 3bdr 2bath carpeted house with a bath and a large kitchen, fridge, stove , microwave , smoothie maker/blender , a washer/dryer as well. We have high speed Internet/cable modem and cable with movie channels and DVR/Tivo as well.

The best thing is we have a front and back yard !

The backyard is really the star of the property, a spacious space! there's a huge patio carpeted, covered semi outdoor living room/sports/art/BBQ/reading/poker/music/hang out spot , its covered with privacy fences all the way around. There are houses on the sides of the property We have fun get-togethers every other Sat night out there!!

You: really anybody from anywhere , just be cool honest and respectful as we all are. Welcome all newcomers to L.A. from other states and people from overseas and far away lands, all welcome ! I dont want anybody who's a heavy druggie or drinker , plz smoke outside too,

We are 420 friendly however!!

roomies: see my top 24 friends on myspace, its charles and ryan on there also jesse/chris not on there

Terms: No lease No credit check and Month to Month

Me: Im a real laidback and easygoing dude into sports, travel, wisdom, my dog and kitten, nature, my sailboat, etc ... see my page for more i guess = http://www.myspace.com/sinjin_stevens

and even if this is not for you, perhaps you've made a new friend so go ahead and add me on myspace and say hey ! I'll invite ya to our next get-together to meet everyone and hang out!

Call me at 310*909*8582 to see the place

Im available anytime at all to show it

Sinjin =D
3617 Faris Drive LA CA 90034

faris drive at tabor   google map   yahoo map
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #148 on: August 24, 2007, 02:33:58 AM »

I am sorry to the family members who read here to post this

But what we have learned from the Natalee Holloway disappearance, I hope this isn't a trophy picture.

But I am, IMO, confident in the LAPD.. even though they are spread out so thin and lots of crime, gangs, et al., but am not happy they are not letting TES in.

Also, he's not rich like OJ.
and there they had all kinds of evidence.. some not even told to the public, I hear.

Isn't 1 million $$ high for not registering as a sex offender?  That is a State offense??? so might be Superior Court in Santa Monica????

Darn.. why isn't this getting more media coverage???

Help.. where's the Court location??? Sept 5th. He's still in jail isn't he??? not out on bail... if anyone would skip.. with his changing of locations so much????

If I'd ever turn up missing, and had a family, I'd sure not want them to suffer.. this is unacceptable!

Tim Miller thinks she is near... and darn, again I will say, some of the land around there is not in LAPD jurisdiction.

We have to step the heat... rally the Monkeys!!

Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #149 on: August 24, 2007, 02:42:57 AM »

I don't know how "interactive" or proactive we can be without getting into trouble with LE.  But here are some thoughts, for those who live in LA: 
1) go to the boat and check it out; talk with the neighbors
2) talk with the landlady (Concepción Mora is her name, I believe).  I wonder if she has other rentals?  I wonder if she let JSB stay in other rentals of hers, even if for a night?
3) the roommates...........  (I so want to talk to those roommates!)
4) Who were his bandmates?  What do they say?
5) Where are his ex-wife/girlfriend & child?  What do they say about this?

I know he ripped off his housemates, but it seems he has more money than the average Joe, you know?  How does he have money?  From scam after scam?  Did he ever hold a job?  Did his mom send him money, I wonder?

Why do you guys think he dumped his black toolbox full of his vanity plates (and the helmet Donna wore, and the other things) so close to his house?  I guess he was in a hurry, but why not at least remove the vanity plates from the toolbox and then he could have dumped them along the way in some random trash dumpster as he traveled up north?  Why leave the vanity plates in LA?  Maybe he thought the cops were close on his tail...?  Maybe he was leaving this identity behind and beginning anew as "Sebastian" or whatever?
Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #150 on: August 24, 2007, 02:49:42 AM »

Isn't the court hearing taking place at that address on La Cienega? 

Happy Thought:  He is a coward, he preys on weaker, younger, naïve people, right?  He is currently in jail surrounded by people who are not weak, young nor naïve.  He plays the "innocent victim" - the crack cocaine wasn't his, he was just holding it for the prostitute who came knocking on his door; he wasn't sexually molesting the 14-year old, he just put his hand on her knee as he gave her advice on life.  So now he is locked up with tough guys who are particularly harsh on sexual predators. 

He better not make bail, he will flee so fast if he makes bail.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #151 on: August 24, 2007, 03:50:34 AM »

great picture Kermit!! Very Pretty and peaceful.

I was going to say something to Hope07 but I forgot. Have to go back and reread. Sorry Rolling Eyes

#1 is finding Donna, hopefully alive... #2 if not, then Justice... people go missing all the time in LA.. everyday.. some are never reported, some are afraid of the police because of their culture, others are afraid of gangs.

if you have to step on whomever or whatever, so that's the way it is.

The #1 focus is finding her despite Hxxx and high water, so to speak.

The Police here work very hard.. I don't see why they are refusing TES.. hopefully they know something we don't and hopefully it is not an ego trip.

They would still not be searching for Natalee Holloway now, if the family had not been so vocal, in the Law Enforcement's face and on the media.

And of course... the Scared Monkeys

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #152 on: August 24, 2007, 04:14:21 AM »

I know, Hope

What good ideas...

Don't think the same roommates are still there... house, yard has been cleaned up since I first saw it July 29th. Newly painted too.

You have to be careful and not invade a person's privacy. When I happened, by fate and luck, to "run" into the resident who found the tool box (he was in his yard and I happened to ask him if he had heard of the tool box). He was the one who gave its content info to the press... I asked permission if I could take pictures of his side yard. By the way... what was told to the press was in 1/2 the tool box the other part was locked so, I guess, only LAPD and Orange County would know.

Love your enthusiasm.. don't ever loose it!

Where on La Cienega... there's a See's candy place there Laughing Laughing but it doesn't open at 8:30 AM..

Gee.. I am not versed enough.. but think not registering is a State law, so might be a state court.. I just don't know.  Klaas will rescue us  Laughing Laughing Laughing

I have heard the boat never left dock and LE checked it out.. that was in one of the Orange County papers I think.

This is good.. now TES can search the land. I hope she is alive.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #153 on: August 24, 2007, 04:19:45 AM »

La Cienega Blvd. big Street from Beverly Hills/West Hollywood south through lots of LA to LAX.

Hope, have you ever been to the Kenneth Hahn State Regional park on the big hill on La Cienega south of Rodeo (Jefferson)? south of See's and Target???

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #154 on: August 24, 2007, 04:22:43 AM »

Kermit.. what's a "Kewl girl" ???

Only found out a few months ago what TIA was Rolling Eyes TIA by the way.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #155 on: August 24, 2007, 04:26:58 AM »

Kermit.. foggy IBE here again.. what does "Sinjin here , welcome to my ad =D !

What does "my ad =D !" mean???

Good morning all!!! and the guest online!! Laughing Laughing

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #156 on: August 24, 2007, 04:30:18 AM »

In his ad.. he does things in minutes... so LA! thought he'd just moved to LA in Oct. Distance in LA is measured in minutes to somewhere. guess it sounds good in an ad.

How many minutes to the spooky places???

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #157 on: August 24, 2007, 05:13:42 PM »

Tuesday, August 21, 2007
Burgess named suspect in student's disappearance

BAIL REDUCED: John Steven Burgess, a person of interest in the case of missing Orange County woman Donna Jou, 19, of Rancho Santa Margarita, was arraigned in the Los Angeles Airport Courthouse Monday

John Steven Burgess makes first California court appearance on failure to register as sex offender.
By KIMBERLY EDDS
The Orange County Register

A convicted child molester now a suspect in the disappearance of a 19-year-old Rancho Santa Margarita student painted his blue pickup truck black and used an assumed name apparently to avoid detection while on the run from California to Florida, authorities revealed Monday.

In a borrowed light-blue dress shirt and his shoulder length brown hair stringy, John Steven Burgess, 35, made his first California court appearance Monday after being extradited. It was also the first time he was called a suspect –and not just a person of interest.

Hands, uncuffed, and stuffed in the pockets of grey dress pants, Burgess shuffled in with a smirk. With a southern drawl, he said little other than yes, sir and no, sir when addressed by the judge. Minutes later he shuffled out – back to lock-up – but $750,000 closer to freedom while he awaits prosecution for failing to register as a sex offender
Burgess has not been charged with any crime in connection with the disappearance of Donna Jou, who was last seen by her family June 23 driving away on the back of Burgess' motorcycle.

Burgess, who goes by the name Sinjin Stevens, drove Jou to a party at his Los Angeles home that included drinking and using drugs, investigators said. The two met on Craigslist.org.

Investigators continue to build their case with circumstantial evidence against the man they believe was the last person to see her alive, according to a sworn statement by a LAPD detective read aloud by Judge Keith L. Schwartz Monday.

Schwartz reduced Burgess’ bail from $1 million to $250,000, still more than 10 times the amount laid out in the county’s bail schedule. Burgess, who faces six years in prison if convicted, pleaded not guilty.

Schwartz was the same judge who raised Burgess’s bail from $40,000 to $1 million in July after reviewing the detective’s sworn statements. Burgess’ departure to Florida with the “foreknowledge that he was a suspect” in Jou’s disappearance, along with his habits of paying rent with cash, living under an alias and failing to register as a sex offender in California, and again in Florida, warranted raising the bail, the detective argued.

“It’s a common pattern used by sex offenders to go under the radar … so there is no paper trail,” Schwartz said.

Inmates normally must post just 10 percent of a bail amount to a bail bondsman to be released.

Defense attorney George Bird Jr. said was unaware Burgess had been named a suspect in Jou’s disappearance until he heard it in court.

“The previous statements that my client was a person of interest and not a suspect were either disingenuous or intentionally false,” said Bird, who denies Burgess had anything to do with Jou’s disappearance.

Burgess lied to Jacksonville police about his identity when he was arrested in July 24 on suspicion of cocaine possession, said Orange County Sheriff’s Investigator Dan Salcedo.

Fingerprints turned up the California warrant for his arrest. Burgess was sentenced to 25 days of time served after pleading guilty to third-degree felony crack possession last week. He waived extradition.

Burgess left Los Angeles on July 5, the same day investigators from the Orange County Sheriff's Department named him a person of interest in Jou's disappearance, and broadcast his picture and description of his blue 1998 Ford Ranger pickup.

Three days later, Burgess’ truck’s tool box was found along railroad tracks. With the box were his custom license plates SINJIN 1, a motorcycle helmet, a scrubbing brush, rubber gloves, and some rope. By the time Burgess arrived in Florida, the Ranger had been painted black, Sheriff’s spokesman Jim Amormino said.

“It obviously helped him get there without being noticed,” Amormino said. “He was last seen with her. He removed his truck’s license plates, he painted it black, and he fled to Florida. These are all things that look pretty suspicious.”

Contact the writer: 714-796-7829 or kedds@ocregister.com
http://www.ocregister.com/news/burgess-bail-jou-1815324-schwartz-angeles

More photos of him:

Tiger
Monkey Junky

« Reply #158 on: August 24, 2007, 05:19:12 PM »

check your mail Klass
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #159 on: August 24, 2007, 05:21:38 PM »

Megan's Law

Megan's Law:  Frequently Asked Questions

Q.   When are sex offenders required to register with local authorities?

A.   Pursuant to section 290 of the California Penal Code, individuals convicted of committing or attempting certain sex crimes are required to register with the local police department within five working days of his or her release from prison or jail. Additionally, sex offenders must re-register every year within five working days of his or her birthday, moving, or changing his or her name. With few exceptions, the registration requirement is a lifetime mandate.

During annual registration, the registered sex offender is required to verify his or her name and address or temporary location. Failure to properly register may be a felony and may count as a "Third Strike."

Q.  Is the information on the Megan's Law database accurate?

A.  Many of the sex offender registrants on the database have failed to comply with California's registration laws, and therefore the zip code listed for some offenders may not be up-to-date. Since the database has been available, the public has helped law enforcement identify offenders who are not registered with the correct address. Thanks to toughened California laws requiring annual registration, and making it a felony in some cases not to do so, it is estimated that the majority of California's registered sex offenders are in compliance with the registration requirement. This is a dramatic turnaround from a few years ago when a smaller percentage of the offenders in the state were thought to be properly registered. The California Department of Justice, Bureau of Investigation, has agents assigned to Sexual Predator Apprehension Teams (SPATs) to work with local law enforcement to arrest sex offenders who do not comply with registration laws. The SPATs, along with a concerted effort by many local law enforcement agencies, deserve much of the credit for increasing the percentage of offenders who are properly registered.

Q.  Why are local law enforcement agencies assigned the responsibility to determine when to notify the public about a registered sex offender?

A.  The decision to disseminate information has been given to the local law enforcement agencies within the parameters of the Megan's Law statute because they are best positioned to determine what level and method of notification is appropriate for their community.

Courtesy of California Attorney General Dan Lungren's Office, updated May 1998

Notice of Duty to Register as a Sex Offender

IF YOU HAVE EVER BEEN CONVICTED OF A SEX OFFENSE, you may be required to register under California law as a sex offender.

The registration law may have changed since you were convicted.  The sex offense for which you were convicted may have been added to the law requiring registration after the date of your conviction.  If the offense was added to the registration law after your conviction date, you may not have received personal notice of your duty to register as a sex offender.

Check with your local law enforcement agency to see if the sex offense for which you were convicted requires registration today.  To register, go to the police department in the city where you reside or are located, or to the sheriff's department if you reside or are located in an unincorporated area.  IT IS A CRIME TO FAIL TO REGISTER.

If you have a question about your sex offense conviction or need to know whether your out-of-state conviction is the equivalent of a registrable sex offense in California, WRITE TO:

California Department of Justice
Sex and Arson Registration Program
P.O. Box 903387
Sacramento, CA 94203-3870

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.