April 18, 2024, 04:11:12 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351084 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #320 on: September 26, 2007, 08:10:13 PM »

Donna's teeth look very straight in the photo above; she probably had braces.  The deceased victim appears to have a prominent overbite.  This does not look like a match to me.
Yes, the teeth don't appear to match, but the rest does IMO
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #321 on: September 26, 2007, 09:01:21 PM »

Donna's teeth look very straight in the photo above; she probably had braces.  The deceased victim appears to have a prominent overbite.  This does not look like a match to me.

Yes, the similarity is striking.  I looked back at the earliest news reports to see if there was a description of what she was wearing when last seen, but I did not find that info.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #322 on: September 26, 2007, 09:03:20 PM »

Yes, the similarity is striking.  I looked back at the earliest news reports to see if there was a description of what she was wearing when last seen, but I did not find that info.

http://www.donnajou.com/

Donna Jou was last seen by her family on Saturday, June 23, 2007 around 5:30 p.m. at her residence in
Rancho Santa Margarita, California. Donna was last seen wearing medium blue colored jeans, gray tank
top, black jacket with zipper in front and hood on the back, canvas multi-colored shoes and a Jan Sport
blue back pack
.  Donna was last seen by witnesses with John Steven Burgess at his residence 3617
Faris Drive, Los Angeles, CA 90034 around midnight of June 23-24, 2007.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #323 on: September 26, 2007, 09:06:23 PM »

The clothes don't match either, but she could have had a change of clothes in the backpack.  The necklace is certainly distinctive.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #324 on: September 26, 2007, 09:09:05 PM »

The clothes don't match either, but she could have had a change of clothes in the backpack.  The necklace is certainly distinctive.

Yes and the necklace is the main reason I posted it here.  Certainly family would know if Donna had a necklace like that.
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #325 on: September 26, 2007, 09:11:18 PM »

Yes and the necklace is the main reason I posted it here.  Certainly family would know if Donna had a necklace like that.

Yes, family or friends would recognize it.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #326 on: September 27, 2007, 03:30:37 AM »

May have read incorrectly, but doesn't the article say Lake Arlington in Texas?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #327 on: September 27, 2007, 06:07:03 AM »

This guy is unbelievable and now I read he's been released - AGAIN!
You would think that by being in possession of a fake drivers license and fake social security card that the judge might consider him a flight risk and not set bail on him.  But no, instead he gets out on $5000 bail in Jacksonville.

I keep getting the idea that he's enjoying his newly found spotlight.  All of this going on and he's trying to steal "Natural Born Killers".  Makes me want to go after him myself. ERRRRR

Here's a link to the LATimes article (then the article)

http://www.latimes.com/news/printedition/california/la-me-missing27sep27,1,2565485.story?coll=la-headlines-pe-california

Suspect in missing O.C. student case is arrested again

John Steven Burgess was carrying fake IDs when arrested on suspicion of stealing DVDs, including 'Natural Born Killers,' in Florida last week.

By Christine Hanley, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer

September 27, 2007

A convicted sex offender named as a suspect in the disappearance of an Orange County college student was carrying a fake ID and Social Security card when he was arrested on suspicion of stealing several DVDs from a Florida video store, authorities said Wednesday.

John Steven Burgess, arrested Sept. 20 at a Blockbuster store in Jacksonville, Fla., conceded using a razor blade to remove the movie discs from a box before sliding them into his pocket, according to the police report.

"I'm just being stupid. I know better. I'm not a thief," he told arresting officers, the police report said.

Arthur Wiggins, a sales manager at the store, said Wednesday that among the movies in Burgess' pocket were "Natural Born Killers," "Death Proof" and "Inside Deep Throat."

He got the fake Social Security card and California driver's license, which identified him as Logan Anderson, at a Hollywood tourist shop, the police report says.

Burgess, who is free on bail, is scheduled to be in a Los Angeles courtroom Oct. 10 for a hearing on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender while living in the city.

The bail in that case -- $250,000 -- could be revoked because of his latest arrest.

Burgess, 35, has been named by Orange County sheriff's investigators as a suspect in the disappearance of Donna Jou, a biology student at San Diego State who was living with her mother in Rancho Santa Margarita for the summer when she vanished.

Jou was last seen by family June 23 when Burgess picked her up for a date and took her to a party at his rented home in West Los Angeles, authorities say.

The next day, Jou's mother received a text message from Jou's cellphone saying that the battery was dying but that she would be home soon. Authorities suspect the message wasn't sent by Jou.

On July 8, the license plate of a pickup truck and a motorcycle helmet, both belonging to Burgess, were found -- along with rope, rubber gloves and a scrubbing brush -- near railroad tracks about 1 1/2 miles from his house.

He left California shortly after Jou disappeared and was arrested July 25 in Jacksonville after police said they saw him trying to dispose of a bag of cocaine.

Burgess was convicted of felony possession of drugs and sentenced to time served before being extradited to Los Angeles on an outstanding warrant for failure to register as a sex offender.

Jim Amormino, spokesman for the Orange County Sheriff's Department, said the IDs Burgess was carrying in Florida were "disturbing" because "you can travel freely with a good fake ID."

Burgess' attorney, George Bird, could not be reached for comment.

christine.hanley@latimes.com
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #328 on: September 27, 2007, 12:45:19 PM »

Just what will it take to get this guy held in jail? Shocked

He's a career criminal playing the system, and he's getting away with it. I just hope he doesn't murder someone else while he's enjoying his freedom.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #329 on: September 27, 2007, 12:57:42 PM »

Shearerluck...Am I reading this right that the bail would not be revoked because of this until he appears on Oct.10th in LA.?  Don't think I'd count on him being there!
kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #330 on: September 27, 2007, 01:41:38 PM »

Ok, so I know they have to do an autopsy and all that but how long do you think that will take? I see some similarities as well but the teeth don't look right at all.  I wonder if the body they found had the teeth still intact to compare to dental records.  Sometimes when they do reconstructions like this, they have to assume what the teeth may have looked like if they were not present with the body upon discovering it.  Sometimes victims teeth are knocked out or removed, making it harder to identify them.  More info needed AGAIN! 

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #331 on: September 27, 2007, 08:43:04 PM »

Shearerluck...Am I reading this right that the bail would not be revoked because of this until he appears on Oct.10th in LA.?  Don't think I'd count on him being there!

I could be mistaken Mum, but I think the court out here in California could revoke the $250,000 bail on him at any time if they have a reason to do so.  If they were to do that, I'm guessing someone that works for the bail bondsman would pick him up and return him to jail since they are responsible for him showing up in court.

shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #332 on: September 27, 2007, 08:52:42 PM »

But I'm with you on that one Mum.  I think the chances of him willingly showing up in court for his Oct. 10 court date are slim, especially since he's already back in Florida. 
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #333 on: September 27, 2007, 09:15:15 PM »

but his attorney said he has information about her. Burgess is willing to tell investigators what he knows if prosecutors will offer him immunity in the failure to register case.

He is going down.

Kermet Hi! Laughing I read it somewhere he was asking for immunity in the disappearance of Donna Jou, :ie: tell where is she and he'd not get charged.

Has he registered yet... wasn't he here after his birthday?

Anyone have news on TES?

A poster of Donna is up in his former local Blockbuster and Starbucks... Good thing he wasn't in there and stole the DVD's. (Not as the kids say)

Who is he living with in FLA or another motel?

Hi IBE.

She wears what appears to be a horseshoe necklace in several pictures.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #334 on: September 27, 2007, 09:24:11 PM »

LOOK HOW HE CHANGES HIS LOOK

MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #335 on: September 28, 2007, 06:59:57 AM »

I could be mistaken Mum, but I think the court out here in California could revoke the $250,000 bail on him at any time if they have a reason to do so.  If they were to do that, I'm guessing someone that works for the bail bondsman would pick him up and return him to jail since they are responsible for him showing up in court.

Shearerluck...Thanks 

Then I hope that because the Orange County Sheriff's office knows about it the DA does too and steps have been taken to revoke his bail and extradite him back to California, again.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #336 on: September 28, 2007, 09:16:13 PM »

Burgess is thumbing his nose at the police, his thinking is flawed. They'll get him. Just a matter of time.

shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #337 on: September 28, 2007, 09:55:41 PM »

Burgess is thumbing his nose at the police, his thinking is flawed. They'll get him. Just a matter of time.

Then I guess the time has come.  Yippee !!!  They got him and brought him back to LA today. Here's the link to the article that was just posted within the hour. 

http://www.knbc.com/news/14231994/detail.html

Bounty Hunters Return Man Wanted In Case Of Missing OC Student
LOS ANGELES -- A convicted sex offender wanted in the disappearance of a Rancho Santa Margarita college student was returned to Los Angeles Friday, according to authorities.

John Steven Burgress, 35, was freed on $5,000 bail Wednesday after being arrested in Florida on suspicion of stealing DVDs, authorities said. Bounty hunters brought Burgess back from Florida after his arrest on a misdemeanor charge, authorities said.
lindam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #338 on: September 28, 2007, 10:13:24 PM »

Florida Department of Law Enforcement - Sexual Offender / Predator Flyer 

JOHN STEVEN BURGESS
Date Of Photo: 08/31/2007
 Designation: Sexual Offender
Name: JOHN STEVEN BURGESS 
Department of Corrections #:  Z34692
Search the Dept of Corrections Website
Date of Birth: 06/28/1972
Race : White
Sex: Male
Hair: Brown
Eyes: Brown
Height: 6'03"
Weight: 230 lbs 

BURGESS is registered as a Sexual Offender.
Positive identification cannot be established unless a fingerprint comparison 

Link for John Steven Burgess Sex Offender Regestration
http://www.nsopr.gov/

Most resent picture
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #339 on: September 28, 2007, 10:16:56 PM »

This is from the latimes.com website:

Suspect in Jou case being brought to California Orange County Sheriff's Department

JOHN STEVEN BURGESS: Arrested July 24 in Florida, the convicted sex offender was expected back in Los Angeles today to face questioning in the disappearance of 19-year-old Donna Jou.

Bail company revokes the bond of Burgess after he was arrested in Florida with false IDs. He was the last person seen with a Rancho Santa Margarita student who has been missing since June.

By Christine Hanley, Los Angeles Times Staff Writer
1:48 PM PDT, September 28, 2007

Considered a flight risk after being caught in Florida carrying fake IDs, a convicted sex offender named as a suspect in the disappearance of a California college student was being brought back to Los Angeles today by bail agents who revoked his bond.

John Steven Burgess was expected to arrive at Los Angeles International Airport later today and was to be booked at a Los Angeles County jail, according to Robert Jerlow, a private investigator with Redline Risk Management, a bail recovery firm serving Southern California.

Burgess had been free on $250,000 bail and was scheduled to return to a Los Angeles courtroom Oct. 10 for a hearing on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

The bail company and relatives of Burgess who put up the money worried he might flee after he was found carrying a fake drivers' license and Social Security card during an arrest last week at a video store, where he was suspected of stealing several DVDs, including "Natural Born Killers" and "Death Proof," officials said.

Burgess told Jacksonville sheriff's deputies that he got the fake Social Security card and California driver's license, which identified him as Logan Anderson, at a Hollywood tourist shop.

Jerlow said Redline also received information that Burgess "was trying to gather money and vehicles from family members." Jerlow said the family wanted the bail revoked, but his firm could have done so without their permission because Burgess violated the terms of his bail by getting arrested.

http://www.latimes.com/news/local/la-me-missing29sep29,1,7663191.story?track=rss&ctrack=1&cset=true
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.