April 23, 2024, 03:14:02 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351253 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #340 on: September 28, 2007, 10:21:39 PM »

Great news!
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #341 on: September 29, 2007, 01:07:16 AM »

LOOK HOW HE CHANGES HIS LOOK

GOT YA

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #342 on: September 29, 2007, 01:14:18 AM »

his eyes look completely souless

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #343 on: September 29, 2007, 03:39:05 AM »

his eyes look completely souless

They really do. Cold and dead-looking eyes.
He is terrifying. I'm so glad he's off the streets.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
MumInOhio
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #344 on: September 29, 2007, 12:17:33 PM »

shearerluck...thanks for the updates last night. Certainly cleared up a lot for me - the bondsman got him!  I was worried he'd slip through the cracks again. I doubt he'll make that Oct. court appearance in Florida though.
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #345 on: September 29, 2007, 12:47:51 PM »

I hope you're right on that one Mum.  I hope they never let him out of jail in Los Angeles.  I'm so glad the bounty hunters went and got him.  Now if he would only talk....  Or point, or something, anything..
Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #346 on: September 30, 2007, 10:20:03 PM »

You all HAVE to go look at his photo on the national sex offender registry.  He looks completely different from his other photos!

So, I see on Oct. 2 he has one hearing; and another hearing on Oct. 10 (for failing to register).  I'm getting confused with all his legal troubles.  I need a graph to map out all is evil-doings.   

And where is Donna?  Any word on the female body found in Palm Springs?  (Palm Springs is less than a 2-hour drive from LA.)
fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #347 on: October 02, 2007, 12:37:39 PM »

http://www.ocregister.com/ocregister/homepage/abox/article_1870140.php

Tuesday, October 2, 2007

Jou case suspect in court today

John Steven Burgess in L.A. courthouse for bail hearing. He is suspected in disappearance of Donna Jou.

LOS ANGELES – A convicted sex offender suspected in the disappearance of a college student from Rancho Santa Margarita is due in a Los Angeles courthouse today for a bail hearing.

John Steven Burgess, 35, had been free on $250,000 bail, which was revoked by a bonding company after his arrest last month in Florida, according to Sandi Gibbons with the Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office.

Burgess, who was arrested Sept. 20 in Florida on suspicion of stealing DVDs, was returned to Los Angeles by bail agents last week and is now jailed again in lieu of $250,000 bail.

.............more at link
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #348 on: October 02, 2007, 01:40:46 PM »

Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says
Suspect Says He Will Talk Of Jou When Immunity Granted On Other Charge

POSTED: 6:15 pm PDT September 29, 2007
UPDATED: 9:50 pm PDT September 29, 2007
[NEWSVINE: Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says] [DELICIOUS: Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says] [DIGG: Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says] [FACEBOOK: Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says] [REDDIT: Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says] [RSS] [PRINT: Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says] [EMAIL: Jail, Inmates May Help Persuade Burgess To Speak, Allred Says]
LOS ANGELES -- Gloria Allred, speaking on behalf of the family of missing college student Donna Jou, said on Saturday she hopes the confinement of a jail cell -- and help from other inmates -- will persuade a suspect in the disappearance to talk about her whereabouts.

John Steven Burgess, 35, currently held at the Los Angeles County Jail, is due to appear at the Los Angeles Airport Superior Court next Wednesday for a pretrial hearing on a charge of failing to register as a sex offender.

Authorities said that he has not been charged in connection with Jou's disappearance two months ago. She was last seen with Burgess in June and has not been heard from since.
http://www.knbc.com/news/14235951/detail.html#
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #349 on: October 02, 2007, 01:52:01 PM »

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #350 on: October 02, 2007, 02:59:50 PM »

Burgess walks free from LA court  - has to wear a monitor.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #351 on: October 03, 2007, 02:23:59 AM »

I also heard a report that Burgess has a bail of 500,000.00.

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #352 on: October 03, 2007, 05:03:47 PM »

Where did he find someone willing to post a $50,000 bond?  Shocked

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #353 on: October 03, 2007, 09:03:05 PM »

Where did he find someone willing to post a $50,000 bond?  Shocked

Supposedly the first one was money (cash) from his family and alledgely they ask the bondsman to come pick him up for they were worried because they were worried he'd skip for he was asking friends and relatives for money and wheels. I don't know about the last one.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #354 on: October 03, 2007, 10:59:41 PM »

I also heard a report that Burgess has a bail of 500,000.00.

So wearing a monitor means he's out in society... what are the details? Is he to be living in a certain place and not go out of an area like Martha Stewart? Is he in CA or FLA or what is really going on?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #355 on: October 04, 2007, 01:03:54 AM »

http://www.ocregister.com/news/burgess-bail-register-1877830-failing-angeles

Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Bail increases for man probed in disappearance of Rancho student

John Steven Burgess, 35, appeared in Superior Court on the felony charge of failing to register as a sex offender and two counts of failing to file a change of address. (Posted Oct. 3, 2007)
The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES – Bail was doubled to $500,000 Tuesday, Oct. 2 for a man charged with failing to register as a sex offender and who is under investigation in the disappearance of a San Diego State University student.

John Steven Burgess, 35, appeared in Superior Court on the felony charge of failing to register as a sex offender and two counts of failing to file a change of address.

He could face up to 12 years in prison if convicted.

Burgess also has been identified as a suspect – but not charged with a crime – in the disappearance of 19-year-old Donna Jou of Rancho Santa Margarita. She was last seen on June 23 at a party at Burgess' rented house in West Los Angeles. Authorities said the two met on the Internet site Craigslist.

Outside court, Jou's mother said she was preparing to celebrate her daughter's upcoming 20th birthday.

"I'm going to celebrate her birthday and hopefully she's here to attend that," Nili Jou said. "Hopefully she is here."

After the hearing, Burgess' attorney said his client has not talked to investigators about Jou because "when he's charged with failing to register, any question about his being in Los Angeles would be evidence to be used against him."

"I'm not saying he knows anything about her, but basically he can't say anything," attorney George Bird Jr. said.

Burgess was arrested on Sept. 20 for investigation of stealing DVDs from a video store in Jacksonville, Fla. He was carrying a fake identification, authorities said.

At the time, he was out of jail on $250,000 bail in connection with the failing-to-register case. Bail agents revoked his bond and he was returned to Los Angeles last week, then jailed once more on $250,000 bail.

Judge Amy D. Hogue raised the bail to $500,000 and ordered Burgess to have electronic monitoring if he meets the bail. He was ordered back to court on Oct. 10 for a preliminary hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to try him on the felony charges.

Burgess was convicted of three counts of battery in 2002 and of performing a lewd act against a child the following year. He was sentenced to 146 days in jail, placed on three years' probation and required to register as a sex offender.

fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #356 on: October 04, 2007, 10:11:20 AM »

I doubt that he'll find anyone willing to post his new and higher bond. It was the family members who had put up his original $250K bond that had asked the bondsman to pick him up. They thought he was getting ready to flee as he was asking friends and family for more $$ when he was in Florida.

fran
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #357 on: October 04, 2007, 10:24:56 AM »

I doubt that he'll find anyone willing to post his new and higher bond. It was the family members who had put up his original $250K bond that had asked the bondsman to pick him up. They thought he was getting ready to flee as he was asking friends and family for more $$ when he was in Florida.

fran

Thanks for clearing that up fran. I really hope he stays locked up, because I know he'll flee for sure this time, if he gets out again. I don't think he'll wait around and try to gather up money again. He'll just take off.

He knows he's in big, big trouble.

fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #358 on: October 04, 2007, 03:17:38 PM »

fran

Thanks for clearing that up fran. I really hope he stays locked up, because I know he'll flee for sure this time, if he gets out again. I don't think he'll wait around and try to gather up money again. He'll just take off.

He knows he's in big, big trouble.

I had read that the bond company had already decided to revoke his bond, but then I also read that his family was getting nervous because of his requests for additional money. I doubt that in addition to not being able to locate any family or friends willing to risk putting up the $$, there's probably not a company that would bond him out either.

I understand the reason he's keeping quiet about Donna, is if he talks about Donna, it will work against him in his current case of 'failure to register.' EXCUSE, EXCUSE, EXCUSE! Rolling Eyes

fran
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #359 on: October 04, 2007, 10:53:11 PM »

If he gets out again, I hope they keep an eye on that boat in San Pedro.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.