April 23, 2024, 01:26:56 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351262 times)
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #360 on: October 05, 2007, 05:52:01 AM »

Burgess walks free from LA court  - has to wear a monitor.

I'm confused.  Did he somehow post bail and get out again only this time he's supposed to wear a monitor?  Or is he still in jail and that's the requirement if he is able to post bail?  Did he really walk free from LA court or should that have read "If Burgess walks free from LA court - has to wear a monitor" ?

I don't really see what good a monitor is going to do anyway.  In my opinion, those things are only good for people who aren't a huge flight risk.  They're fine for someone that hasn't committed any heinous crimes or someone who needs a little extra help in staying on track so they won't run amok.

But if you are planning on vanishing, you just remove the monitor and be on your way.  Sure, it will call into who ever it is that monitors the monitors, but who knows how far you could get before someone starts to look for you. 

I totally disagree with the court on this one.  I don't think they should have set a new bail amount for him at all.  He shouldn't be allowed to get out on bail because of the fake ID's, the fact that he was in another state, plus he's committing further crimes while out on bail.  Was he allowed to leave California when he did? 

I thought we were supposed to know where all of these sex offenders are.  If that's the case, then his failing to register in California ought to be reason enough alone to keep him locked up until he's sentenced and done his time. 

I sure hope the District Attorney that is prosecuting this case uses Burgess own ad on Craigslist against him to go toward proof that he was in fact living in Los Angeles and failed to register.  He says so in his ad himself.  He describes his house, his roomies, etc while trying to convince some poor naive "kewl girl" to move in.   Neighbors knew of him, somewhere there's a landlord that knew of him too.   What more do they need?

As far as Burgess trading what information he knows about Donna for immunity in his sex offender registration case, they should not make any deals with him.  There's no way he's going to give anyone any accurate information about what happened to Donna.  I'm sorry to say that, but I'd bet anything that's the way it is. 

He did not ask for immunity in any future case concerning Donna.  If he were going to tell the truth about what happened, he would have asked for immunity so that he couldn't be prosecuted for what he did to her.  But he didn't ask for that, which makes me think he would only offer up lies and probably invent some fictitious person that she left the party with or something along those lines.

L
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #361 on: October 05, 2007, 06:00:24 AM »

Does anyone know what ever became of TES and the search for Donna?

Neutral
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #362 on: October 06, 2007, 01:08:31 AM »

Does anyone know what ever became of TES and the search for Donna?

Neutral

Don't loose the Faith!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #363 on: October 06, 2007, 01:19:12 AM »

The DA is an elected official and is in his second term. Bad publicity is bad for him and for LA, the tourist town.

Here is info from the Los Angeles County District Attorney's website
http://da.co.la.ca.us/

"Welcome

The District Attorney of Los Angeles County is the lawyer for the people, a non-partisan official who is elected every four years. The District Attorney’s Office prosecutes felony crimes throughout Los Angeles County. Deputy district attorneys also prosecute misdemeanor crimes in unincorporated areas and in 78 of the 88 County cities. The staff of approximately 2,105 includes 1,017 deputy district attorneys, 277 investigators, and 811 support personnel, comprising the largest local prosecutorial agency in the nation.
((Click Here to see Steve Cooley's Biography))

Upon being sworn into office on December 4, 2000, District Attorney Steve Cooley told his staff, "Show no fear in pursuing the criminal element, also be fearless in the pursuit of justice." To learn more about how the Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office is doing that, we invite you to navigate through our website. You can also read about the District Attorney policies, reports, events, and opinions on our Top Documents page."

Los Angeles County District Attorney's
Bureau of Investigation
http://da.co.la.ca.us/bofi.htm
"Bureau of Investigation Chief Dominick Rivetti

Chief Dominick Rivetti

Staffed by over 260 investigators with full peace officer status, the Bureau of Investigation is the fourth largest law enforcement agency in Los Angeles County. Investigators in the Bureau conduct some of the most unique, sensitive, and complex criminal investigations in law enforcement today. D.A. Investigators are involved in a variety of operations, from high-profile raids in political corruption cases to probes in immigration fraud.

The primary function of D.A. investigators is to provide prosecution support to the District Attorney’s legal staff. By locating and processing prosecution witnesses and conducting supplemental pretrial investigations, investigators strengthen cases for prosecution.

Bureau of Investigation BadgeInvestigators are assigned to each District Attorney branch location in the County and to a variety of special units. Special units personnel work directly with deputy district attorneys in the office’s specialized programs to combat gangs, public corruption, organized crime, family violence, stalking, hate crimes, consumer fraud, and other high impact crimes.

Assisting other law enforcement agencies, when requested, is also an important function of the Bureau of Investigation. Assistance with vehicular and electronic surveillance, photographic services, and document analysis are available to other agencies."

http://da.co.la.ca.us/faqs.htm#jurisdiction
# What is the District Attorney’s jurisdiction?
[ TOP ]
The Los Angeles County District Attorney’s Office prosecutes felony crimes throughout Los Angeles County – a jurisdiction covering 4,083 square miles. The territory stretches from Antelope Valley to Long Beach, from Pomona to Malibu. The District Attorney’s Office also prosecutes misdemeanor crimes in unincorporated areas of the County and in 78 of the 88 County cities. Los Angeles County is larger in population than 42 states in the nation with a population of approximately 9.8 million people.

http://da.co.la.ca.us/history/cooley.htm

How to contact the District Attorney of Los Angeles County
http://da.co.la.ca.us/feedback.htm#feedback (There's a contact fill in form on this page and contact info)

E-Mail us directly at webmail@da.lacounty.gov.
District Attorney's Office
County of Los Angeles
210 West Temple Street, Suite 18000
Los Angeles, CA 90012-3210

Telephone (213) 974-3512
Fax (213) 974-1484

TTY (800) 457-7778
(8:30am - 5:00pm M-F)

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #364 on: October 06, 2007, 01:21:48 AM »

To find the status of someone in jail:

type in last and first name

http://app4.lasd.org/iic/ajis_search.cfm

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #365 on: October 06, 2007, 01:29:52 AM »

Law Enforcements in many of the cities of LA County are spread very thin. Of that many people

Los Angeles County is larger in population than 42 states in the nation with a population of approximately 9.8 million people.

How many go missing each day and how many are found?

If you can, read Beth Holloway's book "Loving Natalee" and Dave Holloway's book "Aruba, The Tragic Untold Story of Natalee Holloway and Corruption in Paradise".

Why, for encouragement not to give up and a look into law enforcements' actions, non=actions and interactions among people who suffer and want to find answers..

PS Both also thank the Good Works of the good blogs. Beth even mentions Red. Dave thanks the good blogs too and even has Shango in the back. (See Natalee's thread for that, if interested)

It is important to keep the word out there about Donna.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #366 on: October 06, 2007, 01:52:03 AM »

From the looks of this he has NOT made bail (sorry about the size of this pic)

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #367 on: October 06, 2007, 01:49:09 PM »

Wouldn't ya just love to visit this pig in jail.
Befriend him, turn the tables on him.

Gloria Allred has connections - she'll make him sequel like a pig, and cut him no deals.
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #368 on: October 07, 2007, 02:15:54 AM »

A womans body was found earlier today in Lancaster, CA.  Not very far from Los Angeles where Burgess house is.  So far all they've said was that it was too badly decomposed to make any identification without an autopsy.
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #369 on: October 07, 2007, 02:26:18 AM »

A womans body was found earlier today in Lancaster, CA.  Not very far from Los Angeles where Burgess house is.  So far all they've said was that it was too badly decomposed to make any identification without an autopsy.

I should clarify what I meant.  I should have said that Lancaster is not very far from Los Angeles.  I didn't mean to imply that the body that was found was not very far from where Burgess house is.  From his house it's actually 71.61 miles and would take 1 hour and 12 minutes to drive at normal speed to where they said it was found.  Other than the first 2 or 3 miles, it's all freeway driving.
fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #370 on: October 07, 2007, 01:15:16 PM »

I should clarify what I meant.  I should have said that Lancaster is not very far from Los Angeles.  I didn't mean to imply that the body that was found was not very far from where Burgess house is.  From his house it's actually 71.61 miles and would take 1 hour and 12 minutes to drive at normal speed to where they said it was found.  Other than the first 2 or 3 miles, it's all freeway driving.

I did see this on the news last night and immediately thought of Donna. I guess we'll just have to wait until they identify her.

fran

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_279170424.html

Woman's Dismembered Body Found In Lancaster

(CBS) LANCASTER, Calif. The dismembered body of an unidentified woman was found Saturday outside Lancaster, a sheriff's deputy said.

................snip.............

The body was so badly decomposed that authorities could not determine the age or race of the woman, who had dark hair, according to news reports.

The sheriff's department used dogs to search the area and found more human remains, but authorities will not say exactly what was found.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #371 on: October 07, 2007, 03:40:01 PM »

I did see this on the news last night and immediately thought of Donna. I guess we'll just have to wait until they identify her.

fran

http://cbs2.com/topstories/local_story_279170424.html

Woman's Dismembered Body Found In Lancaster

(CBS) LANCASTER, Calif. The dismembered body of an unidentified woman was found Saturday outside Lancaster, a sheriff's deputy said.

................snip.............

The body was so badly decomposed that authorities could not determine the age or race of the woman, who had dark hair, according to news reports.

The sheriff's department used dogs to search the area and found more human remains, but authorities will not say exactly what was found.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #372 on: October 08, 2007, 04:39:12 AM »

Here's a map I posted a few pages back.. I can't get my draw program to add more data to this so...

You can see the San Diego 405 Fwy (N/S) that goes north to the 5, to the 14 then Palmdale. Fwy 10 Santa Monica goes E/W starting in downtown LA to Santa Monica. Where the "j" is near the tool box label is one on ramp to the 10 and on the right hand of the map it shows "Area B". Just a tad to the right most arrow to "Area B" is another on ramp. You can see how it is in relation to his former home.

Hitting the lights right, it would take about 2 minutes to either one.

Hope this clears up the question how long it would take to get to the N/S Fwy that heads to Palmdale.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #373 on: October 08, 2007, 04:42:21 AM »

Oh, Landcaster, yes it's just north of Palmdale. Lots of desert and Edwards AFB is just north of there. My late finance did off road racing. Lots of desert, lots of desolate areas up there. Really dark at night. Lots of sand, wind.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #374 on: October 08, 2007, 04:47:27 AM »

On Klaas's great map you can see Pyramid lake to the left up past Magic Mountain on Interstate 5 almost to Frazier and the Grapevine. It is thought that the truck picture was taken there.

By the way it can snow at Pyramid Lake, Lancaster and Palmdale. That's a big thing here! and someday we will see rain!!!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #375 on: October 08, 2007, 04:50:22 AM »

I may be wrong for when I drive up there, I thought Pyramid Lake was west of the Freeway and you look down at it.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #376 on: October 08, 2007, 05:02:51 AM »

# What is the Los Angeles County District Attorney's jurisdiction?
[ TOP ]
The Los Angeles County District Attorney's Office prosecutes felony crimes throughout Los Angeles County – a jurisdiction covering 4,083 square miles. The territory stretches from Antelope Valley to Long Beach, from Pomona to Malibu. The District Attorney's Office also prosecutes misdemeanor crimes in unincorporated areas of the County and in 78 of the 88 County cities. Los Angeles County is larger in population than 42 states in the nation with a population of approximately 9.8 million people.

Lancaster is the northern end of Los Angeles County and is in the area with Palmdale that they called the Antelope Valley.It's an area with mountains on the south edge, desert to the west and east and then desert with Edwards in an another county on the north with dry lakes.

These would be LA County sheriffs in the article and LA County DA Jurisdiction again.

Many super secret aircraft are made and flown in and out of Lancaster.. just thought I'd throw that tidbit in  Laughing and the highway just at the southern edge of Palmdale going east to Victorville is the short cut from LA to Vegas in case you ever need that info... saves at least an hour!

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #377 on: October 08, 2007, 05:16:14 AM »

http://www.ocregister.com/news/burgess-bail-register-1877830-failing-angeles

Wednesday, October 3, 2007
Bail increases for man probed in disappearance of Rancho student

John Steven Burgess, 35, appeared in Superior Court on the felony charge of failing to register as a sex offender and two counts of failing to file a change of address. (Posted Oct. 3, 2007)
The Associated Press

LOS ANGELES – Bail was doubled to $500,000 Tuesday, Oct. 2 for a man charged with failing to register as a sex offender and who is under investigation in the disappearance of a San Diego State University student.

John Steven Burgess, 35, appeared in Superior Court on the felony charge of failing to register as a sex offender and two counts of failing to file a change of address.

He could face up to 12 years in prison if convicted.

Burgess also has been identified as a suspect – but not charged with a crime – in the disappearance of 19-year-old Donna Jou of Rancho Santa Margarita. She was last seen on June 23 at a party at Burgess' rented house in West Los Angeles. Authorities said the two met on the Internet site Craigslist.

Outside court, Jou's mother said she was preparing to celebrate her daughter's upcoming 20th birthday.

"I'm going to celebrate her birthday and hopefully she's here to attend that," Nili Jou said. "Hopefully she is here."

After the hearing, Burgess' attorney said his client has not talked to investigators about Jou because "when he's charged with failing to register, any question about his being in Los Angeles would be evidence to be used against him."

"I'm not saying he knows anything about her, but basically he can't say anything," attorney George Bird Jr. said.

Burgess was arrested on Sept. 20 for investigation of stealing DVDs from a video store in Jacksonville, Fla. He was carrying a fake identification, authorities said.

At the time, he was out of jail on $250,000 bail in connection with the failing-to-register case. Bail agents revoked his bond and he was returned to Los Angeles last week, then jailed once more on $250,000 bail.

Judge Amy D. Hogue raised the bail to $500,000 and ordered Burgess to have electronic monitoring if he meets the bail. He was ordered back to court on Oct. 10 for a preliminary hearing to determine if there is enough evidence to try him on the felony charges.

Burgess was convicted of three counts of battery in 2002 and of performing a lewd act against a child the following year. He was sentenced to 146 days in jail, placed on three years' probation and required to register as a sex offender.

Fran is right.He advertised on Craig's list and gave his home address.

However, he probably used several ID's when in the area.

So he got off probation in 2006 and now in trouble in 2007.

Why does the picture of him look so different as a "sex offender". I am wondering this like Hope007 is. When was this picture really taken???

He can't go from long to short hair and back in a month+ unless he wears a wig! Rolling Eyes

Burgess if you are reading this... come clean and therefore help yourself and help Donna's family with the info. Your mom is suffering too.

I understand you sent emails, according to one news article, from FLA jail to Orange County Sheriffs

MsVada
Monkey Junky

« Reply #378 on: October 08, 2007, 02:28:40 PM »

Any word whether the remains found were Donna or not?

Maine, born and raised!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #379 on: October 08, 2007, 09:36:14 PM »

Looks like they have identified her but waiting to notify next of kin:

Autopsy 'Inconclusive' On Death Of Lancaster Woman

(CBS) LANCASTER, Calif. An autopsy conducted on the dismembered body of a woman found on a vacant lot outside Lancaster was "inconclusive" on the cause of death, authorities said Monday.

The decomposing remains were found by a man collecting cans near 20th Street West and Avenue G, northwest of the Antelope Valley Fairgrounds, just before 11 a.m. Saturday, the Los Angeles County Sheriff's Department reported.

"Detectives have learned that an autopsy report by the Los Angeles County Office of the Coroner was inconclusive as to the cause of death," said Deputy Tony Moore of the Sheriff's Headquarters Bureau.

The remains were "mummified," said coroner's Lt. John Kades. More tests will have to be conducted by the coroner's office to determine the cause of death, Moore said.

The name of the woman was withheld, pending notification of next of kin, Moore said.

http://cbs2.com/local/local_story_281174826.html
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.