April 26, 2024, 12:07:51 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351417 times)
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #40 on: August 03, 2007, 10:12:46 AM »

Well said Fran, I was thinking the same thing... I have several friends with immigrant parents, and the thought process is different. Other cultures are different than ours, and I do think we forget that.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: August 03, 2007, 12:42:10 PM »

>Donna was on Craig's List to advertise to do Math Tutoring over the summer.
Well, meeting place and transportation should have been her decisions only.

>No one knows why Donna went with him that day,
Might have been something like 'my roommate's car broke down so he sent me' or something. It seems she was certainly not suspicious or atleast too trusting about things.
>But we DO know that she locked herself in the bathroom at that house that day
>and called a friend down in San Diego and told them this guy was acting weird.
Clearly, she was not brought up to be the type to call the local cops and say he was acting weird. Relying on friends in that situation, particularly a geographically distant friend seems strange. I think there was an awareness that things had deteriorated and she had made bad decisions but she somehow just didn't want to bite the bullet and do what had to be done. She wasn't in Kansas anymore. She knew it, but she didn't want to adjust her behavior to her new environment. She wanted to go back home to Kansas. It wasn't

going to happen.

FoolsGold:  I find this blaming the victim.  What is with : "She wasn't in Kansas anymore.  She knew it, but she didn't want to adjust her behavior to her new environment".  EXCUSE ME!!!!  (and yes, that is shouting)  Stop blaming the victim.  Donna didn't ask to be murdered.  Put the blame where it belongs. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: August 03, 2007, 12:43:57 PM »

I messed up that quote in reply to FoolsGold's ridiculous blaming the victim post.  This should not be tolerated. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #43 on: August 03, 2007, 01:02:54 PM »

Well said Fran, I was thinking the same thing... I have several friends with immigrant parents, and the thought process is different. Other cultures are different than ours, and I do think we forget that.

Thank you mrs. red.

I think what we're all forgetting is that we don't even have to be an immigrant family to be taken in by someone who is intent on deceiving you. I have a daughter, well.....just like Natalee, and when she was beginning college she met the love of her life. Having four daughters, he was the FIRST guy any of them had brought home that my hubby and I really liked and enjoyed talking to him.

Oh boy! Were we ever fooled. After two years and a final break-up, he being the macho he thought he was, had to have the last word and told our daughter everything,......how he'd lied and lied and lied, how he'd cheated and cheated and cheated, and on and on.......But he still stalked her via email and cell phone.

We as her parents and she being 'street wise,' didn't see this coming and were in total shock! And here I was heavily in the Laci Peterson case on another forum and never dreamed I could be fooled by someone like SP. OhMyGosh!

Any of us can be fooled............LOL............and do you believe it?! It happened again with another daughter! SAME thing! We didn't see that one either! And neither of these was over the internet and we are savvy parents!

When these guys want to deceive, they practice until they get it right. Sometimes they get caught in between and serve jail time, like this Burgess guy (who IMO knows where Donna is!), but that's why later on they 'leave no witnesses.'

You'll have to excuse me on this one, when it's a local case, I get really upset. Especially when it's a young, naive but smart girl who had everything going for her, everything to live for, and one of these pervs, imo, gets hold of them and {swish}, the victim is gone off the face of the earth. And the guy, who imo knows darn well where she is and can ease these grieving parents minds, sits in a cell across the country keeping his trap shut. He opened it to deceive, now he needs to act human for a change and TELL LE WHERE DONNA IS!!

fran

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: August 03, 2007, 01:03:46 PM »

Nothing I've said in any way involves this "blaming the victim" crap. I've always thought its nonsense to think someone seeks their own death. I've just pointed out that for someone who was meeting a stranger she seems to have taken an unusual lack of precautions. (Although I doubt some of those oft-suggested precautions would ever have been any good. One girl in San Francisco arranged to meet at a crowded mall, it didn't help her one whit).  The odd thing here is the call to a friend when she was locked in a bathroom ... that is clearly a situation requiring 911. Was she too embarassed?

This Craigslist has probably generated zillions of contacts that have gone safely and some that may have gone exceptionally well... but there is always the chance of it being a creep. Convicts often use a different inmate's name or photo for in-prison solicitations. And from the defendant's present silence, he seems to know the ropes a bit too well. Many convicts claim they are in prison for a tax offense rather than a truly criminal act so as to manipulate women who might otherwise be more wary.

Oh yes FoolsGold.  Your posts are definitely "BLAME THE VICTIM CRAP!!! "  Donna may or may not have been too embarrased to call the cops, but that doesn't mean she caused her own demise.  It may not have been embarrassment. She may have been scared and sometimes people will call someone close to them to talk.  Maybe she didn't realize she was in as much danger as she really was in at the time.   Do you think if she had any idea at the time that it would be the end of her life, that she wouldn't have called the cops? Come on.  Think here a bit.  That Donna called a friend and not the police would be hindsight, and should not be a penalty against her.  Donna may have made some poor decisions, but none of them and I mean NONE of them should have caused her death.  Everyday people are in their homes, out on the street, in clubs and etc. and they come home safely.  There is also a group that does not, and they are preyed upon by murderers, rapists, thugs-you name it.  They could be wearing turtle neck sweaters, be in a church parking lot-and still become victims.  Read more about the missing and exploited "Fools" and you will see they didn't ask for what happened to them.  They are innocent people, (often children) going about their lives and are attacked.  My question is: Why are you being so hard on Donna Jou, who is not even here on earth anymore to defend herself from your mean attacks?  It's easy to sit at behind a computer and say those ugly things, blaming her.  Would you say them to her dying face?  Would you say them to her family? 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: August 03, 2007, 01:04:42 PM »

Thank you mrs. red.

I think what we're all forgetting is that we don't even have to be an immigrant family to be taken in by someone who is intent on deceiving you. I have a daughter, well.....just like Natalee, and when she was beginning college she met the love of her life. Having four daughters, he was the FIRST guy any of them had brought home that my hubby and I really liked and enjoyed talking to him.

Oh boy! Were we ever fooled. After two years and a final break-up, he being the macho he thought he was, had to have the last word and told our daughter everything,......how he'd lied and lied and lied, how he'd cheated and cheated and cheated, and on and on.......But he still stalked her via email and cell phone.

We as her parents and she being 'street wise,' didn't see this coming and were in total shock! And here I was heavily in the Laci Peterson case on another forum and never dreamed I could be fooled by someone like SP. OhMyGosh!

Any of us can be fooled............LOL............and do you believe it?! It happened again with another daughter! SAME thing! We didn't see that one either! And neither of these was over the internet and we are savvy parents!

When these guys want to deceive, they practice until they get it right. Sometimes they get caught in between and serve jail time, like this Burgess guy (who IMO knows where Donna is!), but that's why later on they 'leave no witnesses.'

You'll have to excuse me on this one, when it's a local case, I get really upset. Especially when it's a young, naive but smart girl who had everything going for her, everything to live for, and one of these pervs, imo, gets hold of them and {swish}, the victim is gone off the face of the earth. And the guy, who imo knows darn well where she is and can ease these grieving parents minds, sits in a cell across the country keeping his trap shut. He opened it to deceive, now he needs to act human for a change and TELL LE WHERE DONNA IS!!

fran

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: August 03, 2007, 01:18:15 PM »

Good post there, Fran.  I messed up the post/quote. 

pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #47 on: August 03, 2007, 08:00:12 PM »

ITA Fran. I agree.
When this story first came out, I also wondered why this girl left on a motorcycle with a guy she didn't know. Especially a guy that she met online. I was under the impression she was looking for people to date online, and maybe had been manipulated into forgetting to be cautious. But I did not blame her. I just felt that she may have put herself into a vulnerable position by not knowing him, and that it may have been unwise. We all make mistakes on a daily basis, but that doesn't mean we deserve to die for them. All of us, when we were young, took chances and were lucky enough to survive them. This young woman was not as lucky. But the responsibility for her demise still rests on the person who killed her. He is to blame.
I do think she's gone, and I think this Burgess guy killed her.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #48 on: August 03, 2007, 11:45:27 PM »

Dear Monkeys,

I have heard from a very reliable source that Mr. Jou (pronounced Joe) will be on Geraldo tomorrow discussing the challenges of finding his daughter.

It seems he is the biological father of Donna and lives in Houston. The mom lives here in CA and a brother.

President Bush in a conference where Tim Miller was the main speaker said that children are 25 % of our population but 100 % of our future.

IMO, strickly, IMO I am encouraging Monkeys to watch tomorrow and then see if there is any way we can help get the young lady found.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #49 on: August 04, 2007, 12:42:12 PM »

Dear Monkeys,

I have heard from a very reliable source that Mr. Jou (pronounced Joe) will be on Geraldo tomorrow discussing the challenges of finding his daughter.

It seems he is the biological father of Donna and lives in Houston. The mom lives here in CA and a brother.

President Bush in a conference where Tim Miller was the main speaker said that children are 25 % of our population but 100 % of our future.

IMO, strickly, IMO I am encouraging Monkeys to watch tomorrow and then see if there is any way we can help get the young lady found.

IBE........Thank you for letting us know about Mr. Jou's upcoming appearance. I missed him when he was on Dana's show. Sad I'll be sure to watch tonite.

fran
fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #50 on: August 04, 2007, 12:46:39 PM »

http://news.galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=70920fa216a1a1bc&

Missing teen’s dad turns to Nick Lampson

By Chris Paschenko
The Daily News   

Published August 4, 2007

NASSAU BAY — The father of a local teen missing for more than a month said he’s asked for help from a U.S. congressman who is an advocate of missing and exploited children.

Reza Jou’s daughter Donna, 19, a 2006 graduate of Clear Lake High School, was last seen June 23 with John Steven Burgess, a convicted sex offender from California.

Jou said his daughter met Burgess online and would have never become involved with a man with a criminal record.

“She definitely didn’t know his background,” Jou said. “She’s an extremely smart person but very naive.”

Jou believes Donna, a student at San Diego State University, is still alive, and he’s spoken with Rep. Nick Lampson, D-Stafford, who has agreed to assist the family.

“He’s contacted authorities in California who have agreed to let Texas Equusearch start a ground search next week,” Jou said.

“After talking with California authorities in the past, they would not agree, but now that Nick has asked, they couldn’t tell him no.”

Jou said it’s possible Donna has been enslaved.

<<snip>>more of article at the link
Dana
Monkey Junky

« Reply #51 on: August 04, 2007, 07:20:53 PM »

Dear Monkeys,

IBE........Thank you for letting us know about Mr. Jou's upcoming appearance. I missed him when he was on Dana's show. Sad I'll be sure to watch tonite.

fran

I just received this from the family

Dana,

Thank you for all the help with the search for Donna. The interview was wonderful! We have put together a web site for Donna www.donnajou.com and are asking the public if they have seen or heard anything regarding Donna to please contact the police department or leave a comment on the Donna Jou website. If there is anyway we could list her web site on scared monkeys this would be helpful.
 We had received "bad news to us" Friday that the police said "absolutely no" to allowing Texas Equu Search in at this time for a search for Donna. Nick Lampson has contacted Reza and is trying to resolve the issue. If there is anyway to help keep the story alive "so the police know" we as Donna's family will not stop looking for her. We know that the police are doing their job but we also know that Texas Equu Search could be a huge help to finding Donna. Once again Thank you for all that you do.
Reza will also be on live tonight on FoxNews with Geraldo. We hope to keep the public alerted of the dangers of the internet and the dangers of allowing Sex Offenders to register on their own free will.??!!!
This is the latest report regarding the search for Donna.
http://news.galvestondailynews.com/story.lasso?ewcd=70920fa216a1a1bc

This link is to a petition that the family has to bring John Steven Burgess to California and in hopes this will encourage police to step up the pace on searching as well.
http://www.gopetition.com/online/13624.html

I know you have a full load on your hands with all of life's troubles but I do thank you for your attention you brought to the public about the search for Donna.

Best Regards,
Michelle
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #52 on: August 04, 2007, 10:50:27 PM »

I don't understand why the police in CA won't let Texas Equusearch do what they can to help find this girl. What is the hold-up? Is there a valid reason to deny permission?
God Bless this family. I will certainly watch Geraldo tonite.

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #53 on: August 05, 2007, 01:37:13 PM »

IBE

I live in So. OC. If there's anything I can do, put up posters or anything, let me know.

I know a few other people from a different forum that live in this area as well that are following this case.

fran
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #54 on: August 05, 2007, 07:04:08 PM »

IBE

I live in So. OC. If there's anything I can do, put up posters or anything, let me know.

I know a few other people from a different forum that live in this area as well that are following this case.

fran

fran,
please be sure to share any new info with us that you don't see here. 

Maybe if all of the people in the area start calling the mayor's office and complain LOUDLY there would be more cooperation?  Also, I am thinking, and maybe I am not correct, but LAPD is the issue... the OC seemed to be ok with it?

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #55 on: August 05, 2007, 08:39:52 PM »

IBE

fran

fran,
please be sure to share any new info with us that you don't see here. 

Maybe if all of the people in the area start calling the mayor's office and complain LOUDLY there would be more cooperation?  Also, I am thinking, and maybe I am not correct, but LAPD is the issue... the OC seemed to be ok with it?

Not to worry mrs. red, will do!

I look for info first thing every day and throughout the day. There are so many places Donna could be, one wouldn't even know where to start looking.

Did you see the article I posted yesterday? Mr. Jou got a congressman to contact TES for help. According to that, TES is coming.

As an aside, my youngest daughter is moving to the same city Donna's mom lives on Tuesday, Rancho Santa Margarita.  She's going to be in a huge apt complex. I'll try not to worry about her as she'll have a roommate and she's street smart. But, she does meet people from the internet, but they're people in a networking site for make-up and it's always in a public place, LOL, like the mall and she's joined at the hip to her bf. Anyone try to harm her has to get past him! Very Happy

fran
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #56 on: August 05, 2007, 08:55:11 PM »

Fran, you can certainly "invite" really good posters to hang with us too...just email red or klaas to give them a heads up...

I could have sworn I just missed the end of Geraldo talking about this saying that the LE wasn't allowing TES to search... and that they were going to keep covering the case.  I have heard that the family is going to be on Nancy Grace.... but I don't know when exactly....

fran
Scared Monkey

« Reply #57 on: August 05, 2007, 09:18:19 PM »

Fran, you can certainly "invite" really good posters to hang with us too...just email red or klaas to give them a heads up...

I could have sworn I just missed the end of Geraldo talking about this saying that the LE wasn't allowing TES to search... and that they were going to keep covering the case.  I have heard that the family is going to be on Nancy Grace.... but I don't know when exactly....

Well, I don't understand what's going on then, because according to this it says:The father of a local teen missing for more than a month said he’s asked for help from a U.S. congressman who is an advocate of missing and exploited children.
and
“He’s contacted authorities in California who have agreed to let Texas Equusearch start a ground search next week,” Jou said.

This article is dated Aug 4, 2007.

fran
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #58 on: August 05, 2007, 09:52:58 PM »

Well, I don't understand what's going on then, because according to this it says:The father of a local teen missing for more than a month said he’s asked for help from a U.S. congressman who is an advocate of missing and exploited children.
and

This article is dated Aug 4, 2007.

fran

Fran,
I am sure that you are more right than me... I was just hearing and not clearly at that the Geraldo thing... which could be old news due to taping...

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #59 on: August 05, 2007, 10:35:42 PM »

"We had received "bad news to us" Friday that the police said "absolutely no" to allowing Texas Equu Search at the moment" from the post Dana made from Michelle, whom I am taking for granted is the mother.

There is becoming a big confusion the media is doing and I think this also goes back to the family..... from my understanding the father lives in Houston and ask TES.

The LAPD has said absolutely no. I think, she went missing in West LA just over the Culver City boarder. This would be LAPD jurisdiction as far as where the supposed suspect lives.

Orange County is where the mom and the daughter lives. IMO LAPD is putting pressure on Orange County to also say no... OC could say no, if they think she didn't go missing there.

I want to know where the last message from her cell phone came. If it came from Orange County, then the search would be there.

IMO the last place was West LA. IMO

Funny thing, if they think she is along the RR tracks... that property is owned by CALTRANS Mad

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.