April 26, 2024, 03:01:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351421 times)
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #520 on: October 05, 2008, 05:45:56 AM »

Prayers for you, Donna, and your family also.

There is no foot too small that it cannot leave an imprint on this world.
Time spent with monkeys is never wasted. 
I believe in miracles!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #521 on: October 13, 2008, 12:35:23 AM »

OK LAPD and Orange County (CA) LE Dejpartments and Courts.... what are you doing? What have you done? And, if appropriate, why aren't you doing something?

Do you, I and all of use just wish to see our daughters and sons just go "poof'?

I know in my heart and soul you are doing work on this. Can't you, once in a while, give us some information?

This isn't Aruba!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #522 on: October 17, 2008, 12:21:20 AM »

Prayers for you, Donna, and your family also.

I'm adding my thoughts and prayers to yours. There can never be too many. I think of Donna often, and I feel so bad for her family.

This case needs something to get it jump-started again!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
ninv07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #523 on: October 20, 2008, 11:39:07 PM »

I am so happy to see that Donna's thread is alive here, it's been gone on other forums for a long time. I check her website form time to time, and totally agree with IBE that any information would be great, although I am thinking that it's probably quiet because Burgess is in jail and is not talking    Evil or Very Mad
bleachedblack
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #524 on: October 21, 2008, 12:57:15 AM »

Family Celebrates Missing Woman's Birthday

October 19, 2008
PACIFIC PALISADES-- Family and friends of a missing Orange County college student, gathered at a seaside restaurant in Pacific Palisades to celebrate the young woman's 21st birthday.

Donna Jou was last seen getting on the back of a motorcycle being driven by convicted sex offender John Steven Burgess at her home in Rancho Santa Margarita  in June 2007. She later texted her mother that was being held against her will at Burgess' house in the Palms neighborhood of West L.A.

Burgess later fled to Florida, but he was returned to California for failing to register as a sex offender here. Jou has never been heard from since.

Jou's family has made numerous public pleas for Burgess to tell authorities what he knows about her disappearance, but Burgess has remained silent.

Burgess has said he has information about Jou's disappearance but refuses to tell what that information is unless the sex crimes registration charges are dropped, according to Gloria Allred who is representing Jou's family.

Allred said Burgess is set to be released next March from the state prison at Wasco near Bakersfield.

Nearly 20 friends and relatives sang happy birthday in front of TV cameras, and Jou's mother and father cried as two little girls blew out the candles on the birthday cake.

http://www.ktla.com/landing_topstories/?Family-Celebrates-Missing-Womans-Birthda=1&blockID=110359&feedID=1198

".......O you who love clear edges
more than anything ......    watch the edges that blur"
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #525 on: October 21, 2008, 03:38:43 AM »

Yes, another birthday missed!

Here are pondering thoughts... why do they keep going back to Burgess all the time? Has LAPD and/or Orange Co., CA, LE and District Attorneys given any reasons besides the last one seen with her?

Do they have other evidence?

She just went "poof".... Sorry, but I can't just accept that!

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #526 on: October 22, 2008, 08:27:47 PM »

IBE ~  It pains my heart to see another birthday gone past for Donna and she's still missing.

And it's good you can't accept that she went "poof".  Someone knows where she went.  And yes, I too wonder why it keeps going back to Burgess...

I wish I knew if there was other evidence.  I feel badly for her and for her family.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #527 on: October 29, 2008, 12:27:00 AM »

IBE ~  It pains my heart to see another birthday gone past for Donna and she's still missing.

And it's good you can't accept that she went "poof".  Someone knows where she went.  And yes, I too wonder why it keeps going back to Burgess...

I wish I knew if there was other evidence.  I feel badly for her and for her family.   

My heart joins with you and her family in pain.  She is full of a beautiful, gentle, loving and giving spirit.

God bless Donna and her family.

I don't recall ever seeing any candles for Donna.  Is this correct?

I believe in miracles!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #528 on: January 01, 2009, 03:46:36 AM »

Dear Great Monkeys,

Here it is the beginning of 2009 and nothing known... just "poof"

Any ideas how to put pressure on "those in the know"?

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #529 on: January 02, 2009, 12:53:40 PM »

I've just read thru this whole case, and my heart breaks for Donna's family.   

Am wondering a few things:

The people living at this guys house, the room-mates.  Is it known is any/all of them were home the night of the party, were part of the party, saw Donna, heard/saw what had upset her so much she ran into the bathroom, heard/saw her come out, heard/saw what happened next, heard/saw her leave the party, heard/saw this guy leave without her, heard/saw anything?  Seems in such a small house as that, someone in that home had to have seen or heard something!  Is it known if any of those living at that home were given a lie-detector test?  Was this guy given one?  Seems that the house is now empty.  Is it known if LE took statements from each person who was living there, or do they know how to reach them if needed down the road?   

The things found in the tool-box.  Is it known if DNA was taken from this guy, and Donna's family asked for anything with her DNA on it?  Were the items found in the tool-box fingerprinted, tested for any possible DNA, from either this guy or Donna?   And if so, are the test results known? 

Donna's phone.  It seems that LE has pinpointed the text message to her family the next day as having come from the area near this guy's house.  Is it known if there were any pings from that phone, anywhere else, any other time?

Family of this guy, former friends, acquaintances, victims, etc.  Is it known if LE took statement from any/all of them for future use if needed?  It seems this guy's mother knows wayyyyyyyyy more than either she told media or media reported.  She supposedly dropped her son off at that woman's boardinghouse.  Has his mother been given a lie-detector test?  If not, why not?  Seems he ran from Cali straight to his mommy, who it seems, helped him go into hiding.  What if anything does she know?  Former victims of this guy have been found.  Have they been given lie-detector tests?  It was briefly mentioned by someone who knew this guy before, that a room-mate went missing.  Is it known if LE ever followed up on that?  It's been said in here sev. times, somebody knows something.  I'd be starting with these folks and the last room-mates and working out from there. 

The pic of the possibly stained pillow, the blanket, in that room, which was posted on the internet.  It's well known that perps often take a souvenir from the scene of their crime.  Is this pic perhaps something like that?  A way for this guy to be able to relive his moment, perhaps without actually having it in his possession?  It does look like 'something' is under that blanket.  It gave me the creepy-jeepies just looking at it.  Wonder if LE checked the house he was living in against this pic to see if it was a room in that house. 

And lastly, why can't LE *make* this guy talk?  The same thing is happening in the Casey Anthony case.  Has America been soooooooo concerned with the rights of perp, that they've crossed the lines in protecting the perp over the likely victim?  Has it really come to this?  Isn't there enough circumstantial evidence in this case to proceed with an arrest? 

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #530 on: January 03, 2009, 02:00:16 AM »

Thank you Wyks for you care.
I will try to answer to the best of my knowledge with another color

I've just read thru this whole case, and my heart breaks for Donna's family.   

Am wondering a few things:

The people living at this guys house, the room-mates.  Is it known is any/all of them were home the night of the party, were part of the party, saw Donna, heard/saw what had upset her so much she ran into the bathroom, heard/saw her come out, heard/saw what happened next, heard/saw her leave the party, heard/saw this guy leave without her, heard/saw anything? 

There were others at the party including roommates from whom he accepted cash from and were from countries, I think, like Romania etc. He was quite a person for cash.

I have heard the rumor that drugs were forced upon here after the party began.
The ex-girlfriend of the Burgess has said she saw Donna there. This person has been interview by LAPD. Says, if I remember correctly, saw Donna as late as midnight, as supposedly was the time she left the party and Donna was still there.

Lots of people were high and there might have been white lines as the evening rolled on.

I am going to stop now and contact some people It's been awhile and I want to be sure that my memory is correct.

I am glad you posted. I need to post the pictures where the toolbox was found.

Seems in such a small house as that, someone in that home had to have seen or heard something!  Is it known if any of those living at that home were given a lie-detector test?

That is a great question!!!

Was this guy given one?  Seems that the house is now empty.  Is it known if LE took statements from each person who was living there, or do they know how to reach them if needed down the road?   

IMO probably here on a visitor's visa and poof!

The things found in the tool-box.  Is it known if DNA was taken from this guy, and Donna's family asked for anything with her DNA on it? 

I was told the helmet she wore was in the toolbox

Were the items found in the tool-box fingerprinted, tested for any possible DNA, from either this guy or Donna?   And if so, are the test results known? 

Donna's phone.  It seems that LE has pinpointed the text message to her family the next day as having come from the area near this guy's house.  Is it known if there were any pings from that phone, anywhere else, any other time?

If I remember correctly, the text messaging came from a different tower and I have heard two different locations of it. Go figure.

Tim Miller told me that cell phone ping was well within the area of the house. I did a search one time on all of them (cell phone towers in area) and then went visually to see them. One is made to look like a fake palm. Cell towers are all over the area and hidden even on buildings. It is a very busy area from my research as far as cell phones for it is near the intersection of the 405 and 10.. major, major intersection. Ironically, in my research one of the first cell phone towers was where he used to live years ago; not far from his last residence.

Family of this guy, former friends, acquaintances, victims, etc.  Is it known if LE took statement from any/all of them for future use if needed?  It seems this guy's mother knows wayyyyyyyyy more than either she told media or media reported.  She supposedly dropped her son off at that woman's boardinghouse.  Has his mother been given a lie-detector test?  If not, why not? 

Another great question!

Seems he ran from Cali straight to his mommy, who it seems, helped him go into hiding.

I have been told he didn't run straight... he went to SF and then to Vegas

What if anything does she know?  Former victims of this guy have been found. 

Been rumored he took every new girlfriend to a "new" hidey hole and told he it was just for her. The former girlfriend know almost all the places

Have they been given lie-detector tests?  It was briefly mentioned by someone who knew this guy before, that a room-mate went missing.  Is it known if LE ever followed up on that? 

This info was passed on to the Orange County Sheriff's Media Director via Jim Armomino who passed it on to homocide detectives.

IMO, the missing roommate may not be true.
 I agree with a neighbor whom I met at the last vigil... it may be like the Twin Towers.. one agency isn't sharing with the other or vice versa or LAPD is on overload.

So many disappear in Los Angeles, but I can't understand why there is no media follow-up on this... all we hear in the last years has been from the attorney for the family. Nothing, IMO, from Orange County Sheriff's Dept (where the missing case was filed) or from LAPD where she was last seen.

It's been said in here sev. times, somebody knows something.  I'd be starting with these folks and the last room-mates and working out from there. 

The pic of the possibly stained pillow, the blanket, in that room, which was posted on the internet.  It's well known that perps often take a souvenir from the scene of their crime.  Is this pic perhaps something like that? 

Supposedly Orange County Sheriff's know of this pict, but who knows?

A way for this guy to be able to relive his moment, perhaps without actually having it in his possession?  It does look like 'something' is under that blanket.  It gave me the creepy-jeepies just looking at it.  Wonder if LE checked the house he was living in against this pic to see if it was a room in that house. 

And lastly, why can't LE *make* this guy talk?  The same thing is happening in the Casey Anthony case.  Has America been soooooooo concerned with the rights of perp, that they've crossed the lines in protecting the perp over the likely victim?  Has it really come to this?  Isn't there enough circumstantial evidence in this case to proceed with an arrest? 

IMO, there are more laws protecting the persons of interests/suspects than the victim. Big discussion on HLN just before Nancy Grace.. think it was Wendy Murphy. Bottom line, people need to protest more.

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #531 on: January 03, 2009, 02:12:34 AM »

On the text messaging, I have heard two different locations and they are about 65 miles apart.

Where is METRO.... Monkey of info on pings, etc.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #532 on: January 03, 2009, 02:14:04 AM »

Thank you for updating and keeping this case alive IBE.  "Bottom line people need to protest more".  Email, letter writing campaign?  I'm willing to help out if I can.  It's very early a.m. now, but I want to read this over again when I'm more alert. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #533 on: January 03, 2009, 02:15:25 AM »

On the text messaging, I have heard two different locations and they are about 65 miles apart.

Where is METRO.... Monkey of info on pings, etc.

I last saw METRO in the political threads around election time.  I'll bet a monkey has his email...

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #534 on: January 03, 2009, 02:30:27 AM »

Idea... Dana's show with Donna father, Ms. Alred, a spokesman from LAPD and Orange Co Sheriffs???

Think I will email Klaas!!

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #535 on: January 03, 2009, 02:33:09 AM »

Idea... Dana's show with Donna father, Ms. Alred, a spokesman from LAPD and Orange Co Sheriffs???

Excellent idea IBE!     

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #536 on: January 03, 2009, 02:41:20 AM »

Excellent idea IBE!     

Thanks... I hear Burgess gets out in March so has to be done maybe this month or early Feb.. at least give the persons some lead in time oh heck spring it on them!

I run these comments through the spelling checker and still make mistakes. New glasses next week!

Bearlyhere
Asst Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #537 on: January 03, 2009, 02:44:22 AM »

thumright

I believe in miracles!
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #538 on: January 03, 2009, 03:03:55 AM »

oh and  Tim Miller of TES who was told by the LAPD not to come and search! He has to be on the show too (actually up to Dana, hint hint) I was on the phone with him the evening of the day he'd received their answer! Tim's neat. He minces no words and he told me I could quote him here what his words were. I think I did that.

We were matched up my Mrs. Red! Small world dept in almost every way.

Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #539 on: January 03, 2009, 03:54:08 AM »

IMO, there are more laws protecting the persons of interests/suspects than the victim. Big discussion on HLN just before Nancy Grace.. think it was Wendy Murphy. Bottom line, people need to protest more.

Thank you for your answers IBE, those were very helpful! 

So, if you were told that the helmet found in the toolbox had been used by Donna, that was either hers beforehand or they found fingerprints/DNA on it? 

It's very weird about the differing areas of the ping for that one call.  At first I thought it could be that the area was between two ping towers.  But gosh, one was 65 miles away?  How can there be such a drastic difference?  Am sure hoping it was something more like 6.5 miles and the decimal left off by accident. 

It's true, people do need to protest more!!  It's been my experience that LE doesn't like to share much detail with a community in the vicinity of a crime, because they try and avoid panic within that community.  I'm thinking they really need to share as much detail as possible, cuz without info, folks can let their imaginations run wilder than even the crime perhaps was.  Adults need to know what's going on so that we can better prepare and defend our families and each other.  In our area, it's been my experience that the family of a crime victim rarely if ever gets updated by their local LE.  They've been on a sort of 'as you need to know' basis.  They get updated occasionally, but the family members themselves had to keep checking back with LE.  Frustrating for the family!  IMO.

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.