March 29, 2024, 04:18:48 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 350456 times)
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: August 06, 2007, 12:16:03 AM »

Got thrown off the board.. had to re-log in (is re-log a word?)

OK I talked twice to Tim Miller Friday night. IMO it was hoped that it would come out in Geraldo's interview with Mr. Jou, Donna Jou's father who lives in Houston that he had asked TES to come in and search for his daughter and there were denied by Law Enforcement... both LAPD and Orange County.

Just got off the phone with Tim and he said it was OK for me to post the reasons given.

LE (and here I am taking for granted it's LAPD, for that where she was last heard from... West LA) It is felt that if the supposed suspect in FLA doesn't talk and tell where her body is, we will never know.

That LAPD is, perhaps, using Orange County as their mouthpiece

LE says they have 10,000 Search and Rescue around (??? I am not sure if they mean all of CA or what..via IBE) so they don't need TES

"You are not coming"

When TES offered to come in without tshirts and media they said "don't show up"

It is thought by Tim that she is 0-5 to 7 miles from the supposedly suspect's house but more likely extremely close (I am paraphrasing here)

It is his hope that LE doesn't screw up for the longer time she is missing the more decomposing of the body and the lack of evidence.

And he said something about egos.

I asked him tonight about WHERE the last message came from her for in the media it is confusing between Orange County location and LA.

The last message is according to what a Monkey posted in the Donna Jou thread.. where she was in his bathroom and called a friend to say he was acting weird.

Tim Miller told me Friday that there are two really bad things,,,

1) That a child is murdered
and 2) not knowing where she is and no one giving a shit. (I think he said shit for I have that in my notes) Sorry Tim if I put in my own word there.

I asked him who Michelle was who sent the email to Dana and he said that was an Aunt.

Tim said he told LE that it wouldn't cost anyone a dime, no $1000, and he had the resources. The answer is still don't come, we don't need you.

Monkeys, I did tell Tim that I had talked to Jim Amormino, spokesman for Orange County Sheriffs on Friday also... from a "Path that crossed" 30 years ago.

(IMO I don't want to loose these "paths")

PS People mag. said this week, in their "People Heroes Among Us" feature that "Since starting TES in 2000 he has led 730 searches-often from atop of a bay horse named Trojan-involving 42,200 volunteers in 30 states. TES searchers have located 200 live people and 71 bodies."

-----
Friday I had called Jim and left a message and he called me back. He said he was on the way to talk to the Jou family... I guess it was the vigil for Donna Jou in Santa Ana Friday night (hdqt for Orange County Sheriff's) and the spokesman, Jim Amormino was on and said they are looking into the computer and truck of the man... (I was excited here... so I think I got the rest right.. that hopefully this would lead to leads)

---- Tim Miller was on a motorcycle when I called and he asked me to call back in about 45 min. I am going to ask how we can help... ie: Scared Monkeys.

He also told me Friday that he had a nice lunch with Red last week Laughing

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: August 06, 2007, 12:16:32 AM »

I also told Tim that the RR tracks area... where the media said they found the man's tool box with his truck license and motorcycle helmet in it is owned by CALTRANS and it runs in WLA and then in Culver City, then into LA again. It is private property so to speak.

In regards to the supposed suspect's tool box.. I have heard two locations: off the freeway near 1 10 and 1 405 (San Diego Fwy) and in a park near the freeway.

Klaas, if it's OK with Fran, will you please give her my email address? TIA

PS There's a petition site listed here under the Donna Jou site to get the man back to CA.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: August 06, 2007, 12:17:07 AM »

Thank you... but I just want her and other missing persons found. I feel like a yenta (matchmaker) at times in my life and this is one of them.

IMO I do see LE reasons... ie: logistics perhaps ??? for a search. This areas is very dense in people and buildings. Too bad it didn't happen about 2 1/2 blocks south where there is a smaller city to deal with and a more "mid-western" frame of thought.

Remember... we are dealing with LA here.. I lived there for 34 yrs. People go missing and get murdered everyday. Some aren't even reported as far as missing for they are maybe illegals or maybe just don't trust the police because of their culture.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: August 11, 2007, 12:00:38 AM »

Anyone know why this missing person hasn't received more publicity?

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: August 11, 2007, 01:09:02 AM »

Anyone know why this missing person hasn't received more publicity?
IBE  I don't know why Donna Jou hasn't received more publicity.  There are so many missing people, murdered people.  It makes the news, then not much news unless there is a new development.  I think it's a real challenge for friends and family to keep the case out there in the public eye.  I've seen where some do fundraising to try to rent billboards, make flyers to hand out and etc.  I try to go back in the missing and exploited section and check on some of the cases, and before long, I can't find any trace of them.  No news.  It just drops off.  Very sad. I think Red had a valid point when he spoke on Dana's show earlier this week about using the internet more to help find people, instead of depending on tv.  These cases are tv news for a few days, then it's onto the next thing.  Like Paris Hilton.  And some things Paris Hilton get more coverage than the missing and exploited.  No, I don't really know why this missing person hasn't received more publicity, I'm sad to say. Sad  Donna Jou deserves justice.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: August 12, 2007, 05:53:36 PM »

Here are some photos that IBE took along with her explanation for them.  Right now they aren't necessarily in order - I'll fix that later.  I'll also be posting some maps of the area IBE sent me with locations marked.  I did want to get these photos posted so you can get an idea of the area:

1.  This is the area just coming out of the little 1/2 block street at the north end of Faris. All along here, some of the aerial photos show big areas like the with cars stored in them

2.  I have turned into the area...east of his house, behind the fenced/covered area. I'll have a better view soon

3.  This is at the end where it is gated at Venice Blvd. Used to be an area you could drive into from venice. I have now turned around and am heading back to the dirt part and entrance into it

4.  This was taken as you first drive in somewhere down the "road" The gate is open to the freeway, The freeway is behind the pink bougainvilla. Notice a path leads left and right. Used to film in this area and down to where the gate was on Venice. it sure has chenged in 30 yrs.

5.  In this picture is where you drive into the area on the left, shows the fenced/covered area, there's another fence, a camper compound and maybe trailer there. His house would be up the picture past the grey building about a block or so to a little past the beginning of the fence/covered area.

Some of the goggle area maps show a second fenced/in covered area and a road under the freeway. both are no longer there.

6.  I have just come out of the area onto Exposition street going west. The camper compound is on the right just next to the end of the covered place... the suspect's house would be about a 1/2 block more past the second white car.

7.  Am heading back west on Exposition, at the east end of the fence/covered area. I guess there is space between the camper compound and the east end of the fence/covered area. This may be the area where the street used to run between the two fenced/covered areas shown in google aerial old map

8.  OK.. the gated area that I went to the end of, ends at Venice and the RR crosses it (no tracks). Now I am into the triangle area that is all vacant, boarded up that runs along the RR to the right. This is the first lot on the east and is behind a motel on  National.

There's a hut on it too. This is a street almost no one uses at night!!!! for most of it is vacant and boarded up for Culver City bought the land or the light rail line people did. Thought this would be the light rail RR tracks (to the right of my car) and a station. They ran out of money so the light rail (if ever done) will be about 4 blocks south of here where the tracks are still there. A real mess.

This is one of my "favorite" places if I were to hid a body.

9. At the triangle corner there is a some type of shop that has motorcycles, and scooters, so he had a mc so he could have known of this street. I drove around 4 times and still could not figure out what this place of "business" was. Funny looking characters there.

This I think, is the lot just behind that  place as I turn on the street

10.  This is kitty corner across from the vacant lot and next to the two cars I just sent you

11.  This is still on the right of the street.. the RR would be at the end of the building

12. You can see how vacant this whole street is. This is on the right. I think the building is sitting on where the RR tracks used to be

13.  This is on the same street and on the right. The RR runs through this building

14.  Across from this intersection is where the little park is for the "Keystone Cops" or something like that, and to the right across the street on Washington starts all the vacant lots, buildings that Culver City bought to "redevelop: by the light rail.

The real tracks are about 2 blocks south along National Blvd and that is where the train station is supposed to be now. It's a big mess. Dumb dumb. Don't know why we need a light rail to and from the Inner City. It's supposed to go to Santa Monica along the tracks by the suspect's house and into the gorge

IMO the suspect knew of this street because of the motorcycle whatever at the beginning of it. No one goes down it.. they take National, Venice and Washington the are fast and run around it.

15.  this is a closer view of the vacant area within a mile of his home and along the same street just a  1/2 block of his home.. if the streets were still there along the RR like a long time ago

16.  Ok I have pictures of the area of the first vacant car place.. lot and building

17.  This is on Jefferson... taken before I ever knew we would go to the park.

If you continue on the hill of oil fields.wells you see, on the other side is La Cienega Blvd and the next hill east would be the Park.

18.  This again is on Jefferson. It goes back into the oil fields in Culver City.. again over that big hill ++ a hill or two is La Cienega

19.  This one is real spooky. I just kept driving down all the cul-de-sacs that were there in the middle of the car dealerships and behind them. This is sort of in the middle behind them. This would be looking toward National about a block behind the intersection where the vacant lots and buildings start. Notice this building has no windows. I didn't spend a long time there for it felt like a gang area.

« Last Edit: August 12, 2007, 11:38:25 PM by klaasend » Logged
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: August 12, 2007, 06:25:44 PM »

Here are some maps.  I haven't had time to label them all yet but thought I'd post them anyway so you can get an idea of the area:

Green arrow marks the suspects home at 3617 Faris Drive:

Here is a closer view of the home:

Satelite view of the area:

mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #67 on: August 12, 2007, 10:33:15 PM »

IBe.. thank you for all your help and concern.  This is amazing and gives us a great idea of what Donna's family is up against. Lots of areas to hide her... very sad.

God bless you for trying to help.

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #68 on: August 12, 2007, 11:05:55 PM »

Wonderful work, IBE...thank you so much....very detailed info.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #69 on: August 12, 2007, 11:21:33 PM »

IBE ~ You're doing an incredible job......thank you for taking this upon yourself.......you are so dedicated. 
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #70 on: August 13, 2007, 10:22:55 PM »

Thank you, but I am not sure if it's "dedication", probably, but I am extremely frustrated and angry that TES can't come in and there isn't more publicity about Donna Jou.

as Tim Miller said to me:
The worse thing is having your child murdered; then the next are not knowing where she is and no one cares.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: August 13, 2007, 10:24:45 PM »

Sometimes, I just get off the turnip truck.. they have Internet access in jails.

Sleeks
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #72 on: August 13, 2007, 11:27:04 PM »

IBE I completely agree with your frustration as far as some of these cases not getting enough attention.  I often wonder if it really does have to do with monies or if there is just something really wrong with some of the local law enforcement.  I hate to see these families hurting and like Tim Miller said, ".....nobody caring." 

They need and deserve answers and/or closure as well.

2 + 2 Is Always 4 !!!

Any More Questions???
lindam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #73 on: August 14, 2007, 01:25:15 AM »

Thank you klaasend and Thank you IBE for your concern and posting the pictures.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: August 14, 2007, 02:00:47 AM »

Thank you klaasend and Thank you IBE for your concern and posting the pictures.

Welcome lindam!  Glad to see you made it in and figured out how to post!  IBE is online right now, I'll send her over here.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #75 on: August 14, 2007, 04:09:58 AM »

Hi Sleeks and Lindam,

Welcome. We are a great Monkey Family.

We all want our loved ones in our extended family to be found alive and if necesssary Justice for them..

Will try to post lots of things later today (it's 1 AM)

Love,  IBE

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #76 on: August 14, 2007, 04:12:10 AM »

Sorry, forgot to use our new spell check Laughing

Mere
Monkey Junky

« Reply #77 on: August 14, 2007, 10:03:23 AM »

Hi...I have been following this thread...IBE those are great pictures...do be careful...area does not look too good...seems police would welcome TES.  Thanks...!

_<br />I believe in miracles...!
pdh3
Monkey Junky

« Reply #78 on: August 14, 2007, 07:04:57 PM »

Hi...I have been following this thread...IBE those are great pictures...do be careful...area does not look too good...seems police would welcome TES.  Thanks...!

ITA!

What's done in the dark will always come to light.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #79 on: August 14, 2007, 10:52:32 PM »

It is completely crazy that LAPD won't allow TES in to search, but they have a long history that isn't too savory. i am sure there are members on the force that are above board, but geeze!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.