April 27, 2024, 11:54:10 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351488 times)
lindam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #200 on: August 26, 2007, 06:35:57 PM »

There will be a Donna Jou Support March outside the courthouse on September 5, 2007. Starting around 8:00am. The location is 11701 S. LA Cienega Blvd. There will be signs and banners to show support in Justice for Donna!

Also, The picture with Blue Ford Ranger and Burgess....Pyramid Lake is where this picuture seems to be taken.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #201 on: August 26, 2007, 08:15:48 PM »

Pyramid Lake, CA is 20 miles north of Magic Mountain Amusement Park in Valencia

Pyramid Lake, Nevada
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #202 on: August 26, 2007, 08:20:23 PM »

IBE

Do you recognize the lake/mountains behind him and his truck as being anywhere in LA area?
I know there is Castic Lake out past Magic Mountain, but I don't think there are mountains like that.
Would it be Arrowhead or Big Bear?

I'm thinking this was taken not too long ago and probably an area he likes to drive too.

Sorry the picture resolution is not good when I try to blow it up larger.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #203 on: August 26, 2007, 08:21:06 PM »

There will be a Donna Jou Support March outside the courthouse on September 5, 2007. Starting around 8:00am. The location is 11701 S. LA Cienega Blvd. There will be signs and banners to show support in Justice for Donna!

Also, The picture with Blue Ford Ranger and Burgess....Pyramid Lake is where this picuture seems to be taken.

lindam,

Why do you say the picture was taken at Pyramid Lake?

Malibu Lake is closer to the LA home.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #204 on: August 26, 2007, 08:23:47 PM »

Kermit, thanks for pointing out that lake so close to Malibu State Park.  I'm going to drive over there right now and take a look-see, see if the surrounding mountains look similar to that photo of Burgess next to his truck.

Is he wearing a watch in that photo?  Does anyone have the technology to see if he is wearing a watch, and if so, if the DATE is on the watch?  (wishful thinking, but who knows, someone may have that technology)

Donna is somewhere, we just have to find her.  She did not vanish into thin air.

Hope07,

Look for that guard rail he is next too in the picture.

There are a lot of trails around that area, but I would think because he is a pedophile he has a cycle and that tells us his patterns. Like obsessive compulsive disorder they tend to go to the same places and he would have planned this before hand so he knows the area where he took her. She not being familiar with the areas in LA would probably not have known he was going a different route than to her home. Or he could have just conned her again by saying he'd take her home, but had to make a stop at a friends house to pick something up.

Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #205 on: August 26, 2007, 09:02:08 PM »

Hi,
I drove around there for quite a bit of time today.  (The security guard at one entrance told me to go RIGHT [east] on Mulhulland instead of LEFT, so I drove the 10 miles down the scenic backroad of Mulhulland Drive trying to spot the lake, then got on the 101 North, exited Las Virgenes Road, came down that road and turned on the other side of Mulhulland going west.)  Anyway, I finally found the tiny lake.  It has houses built all around it, and in front of most of the houses are boats of different colors (lime green; orange; etc.)  The houses were all a different style, and I got the feeling they are fairly new there (?).  At the entrance to that lake area there is a special area where people could go and look at sample houses & then eventually buy their own lake front property.  There is a lot of building going on around there.

I drove around as much of the lake as I could access - it is partially blocked from private homes/streets.  I did look for that guardrail specifically and did not see it (most of the "guardrails" were white picketed fences).  I am thinking this lake is NOT the lake from the photo, although the mountains look similar.  Plus I was thinking the homes would appear in the photo.  I think Malibu Lake is too tiny, the lake in the photo is much larger.

I ventured up a tiny street called "Lookout Lane" (Lookout Street - something like that), and I was thinking GREAT, it will have a great view.  But in reality it was a deadend street and I got sort of stuck there, had to either back down the narrow steep road or try to turn around.  It was a bit harrowing, I'm sure all those people there are super nice but I am also sure they didn't want a stranger poking around in their tiny community.  I'm glad my brakes work.  Smile

One thing that was striking that I wanted to mention:  There were a TON of motorcyclists all over the place.  On the PCH are the newer colorful bikes and the owners are wearing clothes that match the color of their bike.  But on these backroads were older men with the leather jackets, the older darker bikes (i.e. like Burgess's Yamaha), wearing the skull helmets where their neck is exposed.  Just a TON of motorcyclists there zooming all over the place - either loners, or in a pack.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #206 on: August 26, 2007, 09:40:18 PM »

Hope07

You're a doll for doing that.

I'm wondering if - there is a place I saw where they have weddings and I think it use to be a movie ranch (maybe it stilli is) - someone who knows that area knows where I'm talking about and they have a lake I saw in the background of one of the wedding pictures. I wonder if that could be the lake?

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #207 on: August 26, 2007, 11:17:34 PM »

Pyamid lake, if I remember correctly is very deep... has speed boats and fishing. I have always wanted to go fishing there.

Drove around it with now ex.. about 1969.  It can be seen from I-5. Hope07
Now I understand why Monkeys worried about me... I worry about you.

As the news articles point out that Donna was in the bathroom because the man was acting "weird" more and more I doubt he took meant to take her home ie: IMO this was planned!

Hope07....As Anna mentioned to me, we should be careful. Hope, if you ever need someone to ride "shot gun" I'll help with the gas and could meet you somewhere. My car is limited. Ask Klaas for my email if you are interested. Things can get lonely on the roads during the week when everyone is at work. In the areas you are exploring. Many are not upscale, so to speak.. still conclave of baddies in that area as like in the city.

Malibu lake used to be really laid back type of homes.. then real estate went up in CA. I imagine they are having tear downs. Same as Lake Sherwood, farther out by Westlake.

Thank you for mentioning the name of the Blvd. Where you T'd there... Malibu State is on that road on the Ventura Fwy side, about 2 miles from the Fwy on that road going to Malibu.... This is the  park where the LAPD in a news article mentioned they had gone to search for some reason... it only mentioned they searched "wilderness trails".

You'd need a search team to search that park... many, many wilderness trails and even shaggy mountain goats.

If someone can earth google in on that lake, I'd appreciated it, not for finding the lake in the picture, for I think this lake is at ground level but for other reasons. It's been years and years since I have been there... but there was a higher road long the river. They may have closed off the, what was the main road, and used the higher on... It would have guard rails but on it, by now, for it was on the side of a curvy hill. Dukes of Hazard, MASH, the Ape move, How the West was Won (series), Swiss Family Robinson (series) was all filmed here.

As stated in the thread before... it was owned by 20 Century Fox then Reagans (part of it) Reagan gave his part to the state.. Had a really nice 1920-s ranch style house there. Hope they didn't tear it down.

Also google in on the smaller lake there that is leftish in the park... has a river coming/going to it.. big mountains around (big for here), a waterfall. Mountain appeared as a volcano on TV once.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #208 on: August 26, 2007, 11:20:44 PM »

Hope07

You're a doll for doing that.

I'm wondering if - there is a place I saw where they have weddings and I think it use to be a movie ranch (maybe it still is) - someone who knows that area knows where I'm talking about and they have a lake I saw in the background of one of the wedding pictures. I wonder if that could be the lake?

Could be the old Paramount Ranch where they used to have the Medieval Fair and filmed Dr. Quinn. Think now is a park.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #209 on: August 26, 2007, 11:22:22 PM »

Kermit

In answer to you question lindam, from the posts made, seems to be doing research.

Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #210 on: August 27, 2007, 01:07:36 AM »

You know, looking back at that big aerial photo of the lake, I saw just a tiny bit of it (and it looked pretty tiny).  But now I see there is much more lake than what I saw.  But it looks like there aren't a lot of roads around the other side of the lake where JSB could have stopped and taken the photo next to his truck.  In any event, lindam knows more about where that photo was taken than anyone so if she says by Magic Mountain, that is where the photo was taken.

Thanks for the concern, I am a super safe person!
lindam
Scared Monkey

« Reply #211 on: August 27, 2007, 01:55:13 AM »

Hello Kermit and "Monkeys"
Reasoning for the post earlier.
A pilot friend of mine who is known for aerial photography around CA looked at this picture and believes almost 100% this is (Pyramid Lake) where the picture was taken of Burgess and Truck.
Hope07....Thank you for the information of your drive today. (IBE is concerned about you and we all want everyone to be careful). Kermit...great observation of the picture referring to the (maybe watch on Burgess arm). I will try to get this enlarged and check on this.
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #212 on: August 27, 2007, 12:58:25 PM »

Burgess apparently met Jou on Craigslist.com and passed off another man's photo as his own.

He took the 241 toll road which is odd.

The 241 toll road is a pay for freeway and it connects to the 91 freeway.

It is faster to go down Los Alisos to the 5 freeway and then into LA.

The toll roads are usually less traveled though and that is why people like to use them.

If he used that road, I think there are cameras on them especially at the toll booths because if you do not have a fast track in your windshield, you have to go through the toll booth and pay.

I wonder if that has been checked. It would at the very least give some indication of part of the trip into LA
and if he returned that way.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #213 on: August 27, 2007, 12:59:31 PM »

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #214 on: August 27, 2007, 01:21:03 PM »

Lake Pyramid

Lake Pyramid

Malibu Lake

also He picked Donna up on Saturday, June 23 - there is not a lot of traffic on Saturdays on the 5 so why take the toll road and have to pay

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #215 on: August 27, 2007, 01:30:14 PM »

IBE,

click on this site for trails and map
http://www.venturacountytrails.org/TrailMaps/MalibuCreek/AreaTrails.htm#Trailheads

Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #216 on: August 27, 2007, 02:26:21 PM »

Thought of the day:  If all he needs is $25K to get out of jail, his mom (the businesswoman) could probably come up with that amount of money.  If she doesn't have it in savings, she could take a cash advance off her credit cards.  But she isn't doing that.  Why?  I am not quite sure how bail money works, but it seems if the person skips town, the person loses their bail money.  The mom probably knows this about her son - she can't trust him to not skip town.  So she doesn't put up bail money.  This is a sign that even his mom doesn't have faith in him.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #217 on: August 27, 2007, 04:35:43 PM »

Burgess apparently met Jou on Craigslist.com and passed off another man's photo as his own.

The toll roads are usually less traveled though and that is why people like to use them.

If he used that road, I think there are cameras on them especially at the toll booths because if you do not have a fast track in your windshield, you have to go through the toll booth and pay.

I wonder if that has been checked. It would at the very least give some indication of part of the trip into LA

It may look faster on Mapquest but trust me it really isn't.  I would take the toll road to Rancho Santa Margarita myself, it drops you off right there.  The streets in Mission Viejo and the 5 freeway at the "Y" are always backed up.  241 would normally be faster.

Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #218 on: August 27, 2007, 07:06:07 PM »

It may look faster on Mapquest but trust me it really isn't.  I would take the toll road to Rancho Santa Margarita myself, it drops you off right there.  The streets in Mission Viejo and the 5 freeway at the "Y" are always backed up.  241 would normally be faster.

not on a saturday

5 is usually fine, even if it bogs down around El Toro it opens up before you get to Irvine.
that 241 goes up to 91 freeway.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: August 28, 2007, 01:32:16 AM »

Kermit - good point about Saturday but the traffic just getting to the 5 from RSM might be bad.  241 would be a more interresting motorcycle ride.  Would also have some offramps that lead to more desolate areas. 
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.