April 30, 2024, 02:55:44 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Missing Donna Jou, 19 , San Diego State U Student 6/23/07  (Read 351590 times)
Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #300 on: September 16, 2007, 04:59:04 PM »

Who is this smiling "Tom" who is on everyone's MySpace page?  He is all over the place, why is he on everyone's page? 

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6221

He is 31 yrs. old, lives in Santa Monica.  If I am not mistaken, he was on Sinjin's MySpace page, and I see him on all sorts of pages.  Who is he?
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #301 on: September 16, 2007, 06:17:14 PM »

Who is this smiling "Tom" who is on everyone's MySpace page?  He is all over the place, why is he on everyone's page? 

http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fuseaction=user.viewprofile&friendid=6221

He is 31 yrs. old, lives in Santa Monica.  If I am not mistaken, he was on Sinjin's MySpace page, and I see him on all sorts of pages.  Who is he?

He is the guy who started Myspace.  His picture and name is on everyone's myspace site  Wink

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Tom_Anderson_(MySpace)

Tom Anderson (born October 13, 1975) is the President of the social networking website, MySpace. He founded the site along with CEO Chris DeWolfe. Since newly created MySpace accounts include Tom as a default "friend," he has become known as the face of MySpace. As of September 3, 2007, (12:35 UTC) Tom has 200,000,000 "friends", a number which is constantly increasing due to new MySpace accounts being created.
(snipped)
« Last Edit: September 16, 2007, 06:19:20 PM by klaasend » Logged
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #302 on: September 16, 2007, 08:21:59 PM »

Please offer prayers for Donna's family and friends.. also for TES to be given Guidance to narrow down the area or areas important to find he alive and if necessary evidence and all other things needed known and not known.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #303 on: September 16, 2007, 11:11:09 PM »

Please offer prayers for Donna's family and friends.. also for TES to be given Guidance to narrow down the area or areas important to find he alive and if necessary evidence and all other things needed known and not known.

a small prayer...

Heavenly Father, please guide and be with TES, IBE, the JOU Famlies as they go and try to find answers about one of your missing children. Heavenly Father, I ask that you put your arms of protection around them as they enter places that are covered with evil and protect them from any harm as they search for answers. 

Heavenly Father I thank you for answering our prayers and providing protection for these people as they carry out their search.

I wish I were more eloquent with my prayers... but I pray like that always... and it is heartfelt...

IBE, thanks for all you and Hope007, and TES are doing for this family

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #304 on: September 17, 2007, 07:00:31 PM »

http://www.click2houston.com/news/14130512/detail.html

Relatives, Friends Hold Vigil For Missing Student
By Lisa Baldwin

POSTED: 10:10 am CDT September 17, 2007
UPDATED: 10:29 am CDT September 17, 2007

KATY, Texas -- Dozens of relatives and friends of missing 19-year-old college student Donna Jou gathered Sunday for a candlelight prayer vigil outside her aunt's home in northeast Fort Bend County, KPRC Local 2 reported.

They prayed for Jou's safe return and strength for her parents.

Jou recently finished her freshman year with honors at San Diego State University after graduating from Clear Lake High School.

She was last seen in Los Angeles in mid-June at a party held at the home of John Steven Burgess, a convicted sex offender. Police said Jou just met Burgess on the Web site Craigslist.org when she advertised to work as a math tutor.

One of Jou's lifelong friends described her as very intelligent academically, but too trusting of people.

"Unfortunately, her innocence and kindness and belief in others may have led to her being taken from us," said Tonya Torabi.

The director of Texas EquuSearch was scheduled to meet with police in Los Angeles on Monday in hopes of searching the area around Burgess' home. Burgess was considered a suspect in Jou's disappearance, but police said they do not have enough evidence to charge him in the case. He was charged with failing to register as a sex offender and remains out of jail on bond.

shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #305 on: September 17, 2007, 09:37:51 PM »

klaasend

No real connection that I know of (that's why I didn't actually post the picture).   It's just that SinjinsSaints page has been removed from myspace and I doubt if with all the bad publicity that any of them would want to continue to use that name (if they really are/were still a band.  Thought they might try using another name and create another myspace page.  The Killswitch bands page was created july 20, 2007 it says they are from Los Angeles.  They claim to have a contract with some record label on their page, but I can't find a record label that matches that name in existance.  I don't think the names of the band members are listed on the myspace page either.  That seems strange to me, most bands list their members and say who plays what instrument, who does vocals, etc. 

I wasn't able to find out anything else on them.  There is another band called Killswitch Engage out of the U.K. and a garage band in Minnesota.  These guys say they're from L.A.

Anyway, I know I'm just reaching, that's why I said I didn't even know if I should post it.  But the picture haunts me. 

L
Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #306 on: September 18, 2007, 03:51:38 PM »

If I remember correctly, the label of the company who was supposedly producing "Sinjin Saint's" record was WEED.  I'm guessing that is a fake production company, a made-up name, although maybe someone wants to look up RECORD PRODUCTION COMPANIES and see if there is a company named WEED.  (Weed Recording Label or something) 

If he did make records, there would be a space where the band practiced (a warehouse), and an office where the recording label worked out of.  But it is probably all fake, another one of his scams.   Confused

He is a lazy guy, he is into the "get-rich-quick" schemes.  While he is entrepreneurial (as in:  he has these crazy weird schemes and scams that he puts into practice and actually makes money off of them), he has to fly below the radar so his sex offender status doesn't pop up, so he isn't going to do anything where an employee ID number will pop up, or his social security number is used.  I wonder when the last time he paid taxes was?  Isn't there another crime there - something someone else can charge him with?  Is he on Uncle Sam's radar, I wonder?
shearerluck
Scared Monkey

« Reply #307 on: September 18, 2007, 04:15:46 PM »

Hope,

Do you (or anyone else) know if he went back to that house on Faris to live?

Has anyone heard anything about the search? 

L
Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #308 on: September 19, 2007, 06:12:54 PM »

Hi,

Since (according to the news) he ripped off his roommates $$, took their money, did not pay the rent to the landlord and he left town instead, I imagine he is not welcomed to resume living at that house on Faris Drive.  That is just my opinion.  I don't know if he is living there, or where he is right now.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #309 on: September 21, 2007, 06:08:34 PM »

IBE and Hope - any updates on the TES search?  I haven't seen IBE around in a couple days and I'm just hoping she's busy with TES.
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #310 on: September 21, 2007, 10:44:02 PM »

HI,

Just hanging in in life. I have no update. Will check in later.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #311 on: September 22, 2007, 02:21:37 PM »

No updates on the search. 

It rained in Los Angeles last night and early this morning.  The first rain in 130+ days...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #312 on: September 26, 2007, 10:46:09 AM »

http://www.ocregister.com/news/burgess-jou-disappearance-1852159-fake-police

Wednesday, September 26, 2007
Suspect in teen's disappearance arrested again
John Steven Burgess admitted to trying to steal DVDs from a store in Florida, police say.
By KIMBERLY EDDS
The Orange County Register

A convicted sex offender accused in the disappearance of a local college student had a fake Social Security card and a counterfeit driver's license in his pocket when he was arrested on suspicion of stealing DVDs from a Jacksonville, Fla., Blockbuster store, authorities said Tuesday.

The arrest is the latest in a series of run-ins with the law for John Steven Burgess, the only named suspect in the disappearance of 19-year-old Donna Jou, who left her Rancho Santa Margarita apartment June 23 on the back of Burgess' motorcycle. Authorities believe Burgess, 35, was the last person to see Jou alive.

Burgess is due back in a Los Angeles courtroom Oct. 10 to answer charges he failed to register as a sex offender. Burgess bailed out of Los Angeles County jail last month, posting $250,000 bond in the sex-offender registration charge. A judge reduced his bail from $1 million, saying he could not use Donna Jou's disappearance as a factor to keep Burgess behind bars.

Without a body and just circumstantial evidence, charges have not been filed against Burgess.

Investigators trying to piece together a case against Burgess in Jou's disappearance said his habit of assuming new identities is not surprising, but it is disturbing.

"The big concern is him having a fake driver's license and Social Security card and what he might do with them," said Sheriff's Department Jim Amormino.

A judge can revoke bail if new crimes are committed while someone is out on bail.

"If the allegations are true, it can't bode well upon his return to court," said George Bird, who is representing Burgess.

Jacksonville police said Burgess was arrested Sept. 20 at a Jacksonville Blockbuster with five stolen DVDs stuffed in the pocket of his pants, along with a fake Social Security card and California drivers' license with the name Logan Anderson and a Hollywood address. The fake IDs came from a Hollywood tourist shop, according to a police report.

Burgess admitted to taking a razor blade to slice open boxes of DVDs and stuffing them in his pocket, according to the police report. "I'm just being stupid, I know better, I'm not a thief," Burgess told his arresting officer.

According to Orange County Sheriff's Department investigators, Burgess left Los Angeles on July 6, the same day he was named a person of interest in Jou's disappearance. Burgess spray-painted his blue pickup black, stole rent money from his roommates and took a trip across the country to Jacksonville – all with a $1 million California warrant out for his arrest, police said. He was arrested in Florida in July on suspicion of cocaine possession. He spent 25 days in jail – and was extradited to California to face charges for failing to register.

. It is unclear when Burgess bought the fake identification or what he planned to do with it.

Burgess is refusing to talk to investigators about Jou, but his attorney said he has information about her. Burgess is willing to tell investigators what he knows if prosecutors will offer him immunity in the failure to register case.

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 10:48:08 AM by klaasend » Logged
Kermit
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #313 on: September 26, 2007, 12:19:06 PM »

but his attorney said he has information about her. Burgess is willing to tell investigators what he knows if prosecutors will offer him immunity in the failure to register case.

He is going down.

kissyface
Scared Monkey

« Reply #314 on: September 26, 2007, 02:06:44 PM »

C'mon.  This guy is guilty of more than just petty theft and drug dealing or whatever he was going to do with the dope he was found with in Florida.  I cannot believe he is so stupid to let himself get in trouble again.  Is he trying to tell people that he thinks he is invincible or what?  Why can't they make him talk?  Our laws make me so mad.  I know he is responsible for whatever happened to Donna.  So now he wants to make a "deal".  What the heck does that mean?  If he makes a deal to receive immunity on the failure to register charge, how much information do you thik he will have to give up?  I mean we already know he was the last one to be seen with her.  FRUSTRATING!!!!!!!! 

***Love is stronger than death.***

>>> bring Bri justice<<<
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #315 on: September 26, 2007, 06:38:20 PM »

but his attorney said he has information about her. Burgess is willing to tell investigators what he knows if prosecutors will offer him immunity in the failure to register case.

He is going down.

Kermet Hi! Laughing I read it somewhere he was asking for immunity in the disappearance of Donna Jou, :ie: tell where is she and he'd not get charged.

Has he registered yet... wasn't he here after his birthday?

Anyone have news on TES?

A poster of Donna is up in his former local Blockbuster and Starbucks... Good thing he wasn't in there and stole the DVD's. (Not as the kids say)

Who is he living with in FLA or another motel?

Hope07
Scared Monkey

« Reply #316 on: September 26, 2007, 07:04:44 PM »

1) I love he is so dumb.  He said:   "I'm just being stupid, I know better, I'm not a thief," Burgess told his arresting officer."  No, he is a thief and much more.  What does he think - by saying these words, LE is going to say "our bad...you can go free."  I think this means he goes back to jail without bail, right?

2) On the Court TV board there is a notice about a female body found (badly decomposed) in Palm Springs.  The autopsy next week will reveal more details.   Sad
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #317 on: September 26, 2007, 07:24:10 PM »

1) I love he is so dumb.  He said:   "I'm just being stupid, I know better, I'm not a thief," Burgess told his arresting officer."  No, he is a thief and much more.  What does he think - by saying these words, LE is going to say "our bad...you can go free."  I think this means he goes back to jail without bail, right?

2) On the Court TV board there is a notice about a female body found (badly decomposed) in Palm Springs.  The autopsy next week will reveal more details.    Sad

I saw that but Palm Springs seems a bit out of the way.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #318 on: September 26, 2007, 07:49:35 PM »

DOB:  Oct 14, 1987
Missing:  Jun 23, 2007
Age Now:  19
Sex:  Female
Race:  White
Hair:  Brown
Eyes:  Brown
Height:  5'3" (160 cm)
Weight:  110 lbs (50 kg)
Missing From:
RANCHO SANTA MARGARITA
CA
United States

http://www.dallasnews.com/sharedcontent/dws/dn/latestnews/stories/092707dnmetwoman.111484eb9.html

Police reconstruct face of woman found in Lake Arlington

05:37 PM CDT on Wednesday, September 26, 2007
From Staff Reports

Arlington police on Wednesday revealed a facial reconstruction of an unidentified woman whose badly decomposed body was found in Lake Arlington over the summer.

Facial reconstruction of woman found in Lake Arlington The police also announced that Schepps Dairy was offering a $10,000 reward for information leading to an arrest and indictment in connection with her death.

The woman’s body was found by a fisherman on Aug. 19 near pilings and debris.

The Tarrant County medical examiner’s office and police have tracked down at least 100 leads but have not been able to determine her identity.

The unidentified woman is believed to have been about 16 to 21 years old, about 5 feet, 3 inches tall with medium-length brown hair. She was wearing gray, terry-cloth Capri-length pants and yellow underwear with a cartoon drawing of a chicken and the words "Chicks Rule." She wore a black chain necklace with a silver cross.

The medical examiner’s office has ruled her death a homicide, but has not released the cause of death. Police said the woman suffered obvious signs of trauma.

The woman was wearing a necklace with this cross pendant attached. "Somewhere, there’s someone who knows how this woman was killed and who did it," Arlington police detective Jim Ford said. "And somewhere, there’s a family missing a loved one. We need to solve this mystery not only to help them, but also to hold someone accountable for killing her and then just dumping her body in the lake."

Anyone with information was asked to call Crime Stoppers at 817-469-TIPS. Tipsters remain are eligible for a Crime Stoppers reward of up to $1,000 and the $10,000 Schepps reward, which will remain in effect for six months.

Possible route:

« Last Edit: September 26, 2007, 08:09:24 PM by klaasend » Logged
A's Fever
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #319 on: September 26, 2007, 08:06:40 PM »

Donna's teeth look very straight in the photo above; she probably had braces.  The deceased victim appears to have a prominent overbite.  This does not look like a match to me.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16 17 18 19 20 21 22 23 24 25 26 27 28 29 30 31 32 33 34 35 36 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.