March 29, 2024, 04:32:53 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars - Season 15  (Read 47899 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: July 27, 2012, 10:10:00 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dancing-stars-stars-season-15-cast-announced/story?id=16868617
Dancing With The Stars' All-Stars: Season 15 Cast Announced
July 27, 2012

::snipping2::
The all-star "Dancing With the Stars" cast was announced today for season 15, where for the first time ever, previous contestants will return to the ballroom to vie for the coveted mirror ball trophy.

Olympians and former "DWTS" winners Apolo Ohno (Season 4) and Shawn Johnson (Season Cool will show off their fancy footwork again this season, along with fellow champs from seasons' past: former 98 Degrees member Drew Lachey (Season 2), former Dallas Cowboy star Emmitt Smith (Season 3), Brazilian race car driver Helio Castroneves (Season 5) and soap star Kelly Monaco (Season 1).

Actresses Pamela Anderson (Season 10) and Kirstie Alley (Season 12), French actor and finalist Gilles Marini (Season Cool, and former 'N Sync singer Joey Fatone (Season 4), are also among this season's high-wattage alumni in the competition.

Bristol Palin (Season 11), daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and TV personality Melissa Rycroft (Season Cool round out the pack.
Another first in "Dancing" history, the 13th contestant will be decided by America in an online vote. Fashion commentator Carson Kressley (Season 13), singer Sabrina Bryan (Season 5), Disney Channel star Kyle Massey (Season 11) are vying for people's votes to score the 13th spot in the competition.
Click on link to vote:  http://vote-e.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote/68f05e6a-06f0-45b2-9fb2-4b580f6a1c06

More...
« Last Edit: July 27, 2012, 10:22:24 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 13, 2012, 12:46:59 PM »

Ballroom matchups: 'Dancing With the Stars' pros, all-star pairings revealed

By Ree Hines, TODAY contributor

The new, all-star season of "Dancing With the Stars" is still six weeks away, but fans of the ballroom bash now have a better idea of what to expect when those oh-so familiar hopefuls hit the dance floor. On Monday morning, "Dancing"' followed up the recent star-studded cast announcement by unveiling which professional hoofers will serve as the celebrities' all-important partners.

Here's the list of pairings:

Reality star Bristol Palin will once again dance her season 11 partner Mark Ballas.

- Olympic gymnast and past "Dancing" winner Shawn Johnson, who moved with Ballas in season eight, will dance with Derek Hough.

- For actress Kirstie Alley, all-stars will offer a second chance with her season-12 partner Maksim Chmerkovskiy.

- Retired NFL running back Emmitt Smith, who danced with Cheryl Burke in season three, will dance with her again.

- Actor Gilles Marini danced with Burke in season eight, and now he'll try for the mirror-ball trophy with Peta Murgatroyd.

- When actor and singer Drew Lachey danced, and won, in season two, he also did so with pro Burke. This time he'll move alongside Anna Trebunskaya.

- The first time actress Pamela Anderson participated in the competition, back in season 10, she danced with pro Damian Whitewood. This time she'll dance with Tristan MacManus.

- Olympic speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno won with past pro Julianne Hough in season four, but he'll perform with Karina Smirnoff in all-stars.

- Indy 500 champ Helio Castroneves took top honors with Hough in season five. He'll try for a repeat with Chelsie Hightower.

- Actor and 'N Sync member Joey Fatone will dance with his season-four partner Kym Johnson.

- Actress Kelly Monaco won with pro Alec Mazo is "Dancing's" first season. She'll dance with Val Chmerkokvskiy for all-stars.

- In season eight, Melissa Rycroft danced with pro Tony Dovolani. She'll do the same for all-stars.

http://theclicker.today.msnbc.msn.com/_news/2012/08/13/13255937-ballroom-matchups-dancing-with-the-stars-pros-all-star-pairings-revealed?lite
« Last Edit: August 13, 2012, 12:52:27 PM by San » Logged
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 13, 2012, 01:34:00 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/Entertainment/dancing-stars-stars-season-15-cast-announced/story?id=16868617
Dancing With The Stars' All-Stars: Season 15 Cast Announced
July 27, 2012

The all-star "Dancing With the Stars" cast was announced today for season 15, where for the first time ever, previous contestants will return to the ballroom to vie for the coveted mirror ball trophy.

Olympians and former "DWTS" winners Apolo Ohno (Season 4) and Shawn Johnson (Season Cool will show off their fancy footwork again this season, along with fellow champs from seasons' past: former 98 Degrees member Drew Lachey (Season 2), former Dallas Cowboy star Emmitt Smith (Season 3), Brazilian race car driver Helio Castroneves (Season 5) and soap star Kelly Monaco (Season 1).

Actresses Pamela Anderson (Season 10) and Kirstie Alley (Season 12), French actor and finalist Gilles Marini (Season Cool, and former 'N Sync singer Joey Fatone (Season 4), are also among this season's high-wattage alumni in the competition.

Bristol Palin (Season 11), daughter of former Alaska Gov. Sarah Palin, and TV personality Melissa Rycroft (Season Cool round out the pack.
Another first in "Dancing" history, the 13th contestant will be decided by America in an online vote. Fashion commentator Carson Kressley (Season 13), singer Sabrina Bryan (Season 5), Disney Channel star Kyle Massey (Season 11) are vying for people's votes to score the 13th spot in the competition.
Click on link to vote:  http://vote-e.abc.go.com/shows/dancing-with-the-stars/vote/68f05e6a-06f0-45b2-9fb2-4b580f6a1c06

More...

Sounds like this season could also be name "The Good, the Bad, and the Ugly."   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
cadillac
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 13, 2012, 07:49:06 PM »

On first glance...I have to go with Shawn and Derek.  I LOVE to watch Derek dance.  And Shawn is one of my fav athletes.

This should be fun to watch...meaning all of them!
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: August 13, 2012, 08:40:00 PM »

When I first looked at the lineup I liked Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd.  He was really good that season.  The last few dances he was working with a bad shoulder which required surgery I believe.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 08:26:29 AM »

Maksim Chmerkovskiy
Hope Solo is LYING ...
I Never Slapped Her

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is adamant ... he NEVER slapped Hope Solo across the face behind the scenes at "Dancing with the Stars" ... despite allegations she made in her new book.

TMZ has learned ... Maksim was absolutely shocked when he heard about the "completely false" story in Hope's book, "Solo: A Memoir of Hope" ... in which the Team USA soccer star claims Maksim pulled a Rick James while trying to put her head in the correct position for a dancing move.

The two were partners on "DWTS" in 2011.

Read more: http://www.tmz.com/2012/08/17/maksim-chmerkovskiy-hope-solo-lying-slap-book/#ixzz23nzj96lB
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 27, 2012, 12:47:17 PM »

Sabrina Bryan Named 'Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars' Viewer's Choice Winner

Sabrina Bryan is the 13th and final "Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars" contestant.

ABC asked viewers to pick either Bryan, Kyle Massey or Carson Kressley to fill the last spot in the "All-Stars" season and Bryan's victory in the "Viewer's Choice" category was announced on "Good Morning America" on Mon., Aug. 27.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/27/sabrina-bryan-dancing-with-the-stars-all-stars_n_1832882.html?icid=maing-grid7|main5|dl2|sec1_lnk2%26pLid%3D197508
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #7 on: August 27, 2012, 02:26:30 PM »

I am looking forward to Pam Anderson dancing, she is elegant.   

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 21, 2012, 06:46:06 AM »

Mad Maks quits
‘What else do I have to do there after 15 seasons?’

By SEAN DALY
Last Updated: 12:27 AM, September 21, 2012
Posted: 10:34 PM, September 20, 2012

Maksim Chmerkovskiy is leaving the ballroom.

The hot-tempered hoofer says he will not return to “Dancing With the Stars” after his current contract expires at the end of next year.

“What else do I have to do there after 15 seasons?” he tells The Post. “It makes total sense. The audience can’t expect for me to want to stick around, and the producers can’t expect for me to want to stick around.”

Maks — who re-teams with Kirstie Alley for the show’s all-star season on Monday — says he plans to pursue acting and possibly a reality show with his brother, Val.

Read more: http://www.nypost.com/p/entertainment/tv/mad_maks_quits_bWNt0xOpMQz4MYrV8tYgaN#ixzz276Ee8kCZ

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: September 24, 2012, 08:14:36 PM »

HELLO out there, thought there would be a full house in here tonight....

Have really been looking forward to this season, although they could have left Bristol out of the mix in my opinion.
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 24, 2012, 09:28:30 PM »

I agree.  Bristol Palin should not be on this season.  I did think Gilles & Peta were really good.  Great chemistry they had.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 24, 2012, 10:07:15 PM »

Emmit does it again..............WOW........He was fantastic~
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #12 on: September 25, 2012, 07:14:43 AM »

I agree.  Bristol Palin should not be on this season.  I did think Gilles & Peta were really good.  Great chemistry they had.

I turned off the TV before BP performance.  I will watch DWTS, until she is up.
She has her mommy's tea party votes. That stinks, BP can not stand on her own.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 25, 2012, 11:17:10 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-dancing-with-the-stars-recap-20120924,0,3744224.story
'Dancing With the Stars' recap: 'Let the intensity commence!'
September 23, 2012

Helio Castroneves and Chelsie Hightower reach for greatness during their fox trot. (Adam Taylor / ABC)

It’s a very special evening, ballroom fans. The All-Stars season is finally upon us! And this “celebration of the best of the best” is like a who’s who of “Dancing With the Stars”-dom. Former champions and also-rans! Controversial figures! Boy banders! Olympians!

Each couple performed a fox trot or the cha-cha. Though with so many shiny stars swirling and twirling around in the coveted Mirrorball trophy’s glittery orbit, it was hard to focus on just one. As head judge Len Goodman said, what was good has to be great, and what was great has to be exceptional.

There’s even been a tweak to the judges’ scores, allowing for half-points to each paddle score “just to give it a balance.” Who emerged as early favorites during this season premiere and who fell short of expectations? In the words of newly minted Emmy-winner Tom Bergeron (whose best reality-TV show host award was much deserved), “Let the intensity commence!”
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 26, 2012, 08:46:01 AM »

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/dancing-with-the-stars-all-stars-eliminates-its-first-contestant/2012/09/25/af85ff36-074a-11e2-a10c-fa5a255a9258_blog.html
‘Dancing With the Stars: All Stars’ eliminates its first contestant
September 26, 2012

“Dancing with the Stars’” first all-star elimination begins with Emmy-winning host Tom Bergeron noting that previous night’s show was so packed – 13 competitors, so many commercials – they did not have time to ask each of the celebs why they decided to return for another shot at the Mirror Ball Trophy.

So that’s how they’re going to fill two hours tonight!
And so the two hours continued. The show’s three judges – none of whom are Nicki Minaj, Usher, Mariah Carey, Britney, or making $18 million a year – want to see Emmitt and Cheryl Burke perform the board-leading cha-cha-cha again. So they do. They should just give them the Mirror Ball Trophy and be done with it. But then we’d have no place for Pitbull to perform a tune from Global Warming, and Justin Bieber to deliver a heartfelt “As Long As You Love Me” while performing Airline Industry Ramp Personnel Handsignal choreography, as tweener girls in the audience scream, “Oh! My! God!”

::snipping2:
:
At the end of two hours of fun, three celebrities find themselves at the bottom of the heap: Bristol, Drew Lachey, and doomed Pamela.

The first celebrity cut from the all-star edition of “Dancing with the Stars” is: Pamela.

“I was ready for it, for sure. We got the lowest score,” Pamela says, insisting she will continue to dance.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 26, 2012, 08:49:50 AM »

http://abclocal.go.com/wls/story?section=news/entertainment&id=8825576
Dancing With the Stars sends Pamela Anderson packing
September 26, 2012

September 26, 2012 ( LOS ANGELES) -- Pamela Anderson isn't too surprised to get bounced on "Dancing With the Stars."
The judges ripped her for not putting in enough effort in rehearsing her cha-cha. And it showed. Anderson was at the bottom of the judges' scorecard following the first week's performances. She said she knew she was in danger after her performance.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #16 on: September 26, 2012, 09:10:47 AM »

I will miss Pam!  She is gracious Lady Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #17 on: September 26, 2012, 11:20:01 AM »

http://news.jornal.us/article-5283.Bristol-Palin-Dancing-With-The-Stars-Tea-Party-Conspiracy-Theory-Gone-Wild.html

Bristol Palin Dancing With The Stars Tea Party Conspiracy Theory Gone Wild
 By: Arthur Lewis November 19, 2010, 2:23 am

ME
 The voting system was changed, last year, (I believe) because of her.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #18 on: September 26, 2012, 12:07:31 PM »

Hate to ask, but I've looked all over and can't find any youtubes or replays of the first show. I do not have TV yet and I'd like to see Kelly Monaco dance again. Anyone know where I can catch it online>?

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 26, 2012, 01:43:17 PM »

don't know Nut...

good dancing on there from what i have seen..

Pages: 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.