March 19, 2024, 03:47:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars - Season 15  (Read 47793 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #40 on: October 09, 2012, 12:55:24 PM »

http://www.realitytvworld.com/news/dancing-with-stars-all-stars-topped-by-melissa-rycroft-and-kelly-monaco--13947.php
'Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars' topped by Melissa Rycroft and Kelly Monaco
October 9, 2012

Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars has been topped by not one but two new first-place couples.
Reality TV star Melissa Rycroft and professional partner Tony Dovolani and soap star Kelly Monaco and partner Val Chmerkovskiy finished in a tie for first place on the judges' leaderboard during Dancing with the Stars' fifteenth-season third performance show on ABC Monday night.

The two couples topped the leaderboard after they received 27 out of 30 possible points from Dancing with the Stars' new scoring system, which features 0.5 intervals for the first time in the show's history, for their dances from Dancing with the Stars judges Len Goodman, Carrie Ann Inaba and Bruno Tonioli. Both pairs earned the highest score of the All-Stars edition yet to date.

::snipping2::

More...

Thank-you, Muffy,

I watched one minute, with the audio turned off - then one minute, with the audio on,
then I switched the channel:)

I still like a few dancers...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #41 on: October 09, 2012, 11:37:26 PM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20637551,00.html
Dancing with the Stars Sends Two Couples Home
October 9, 2012

It was double the nail-biting on Tuesday's Dancing with the Stars.

Unlike in prior weeks of this season's all-star competition, two couples were sent home at the end of the night.

Following Monday night's show, bottom-two regulars Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas landed in the last place spot, despite earning their highest score of the season. Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy tied for second-to-last with Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya.
 ::snipping2::The first round of eliminations came down to Lachey/Trebunskaya and Alley/Chmerkovskiy, and it was Lachey who got the boot.

In the second round Palin was declared safe, narrowing it down to Helio Castroneves/Chelsie Hightower and Sabrina Bryan/Louis Van Amstel.

In the end, fifth-season champ Castroneves was eliminated. He thanked his racing team and America "for letting me do this."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #42 on: October 10, 2012, 05:22:09 AM »

October 9, 2012

Unlike in prior weeks of this season's all-star competition, two couples were sent home at the end of the night.

Following Monday night's show, bottom-two regulars Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas landed in the last place spot, despite earning their highest score of the season. Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy tied for second-to-last with Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya.
 ::snipping2::The first round of eliminations came down to Lachey/Trebunskaya and Alley/Chmerkovskiy, and it was Lachey who got the boot.

In the second round Palin was declared safe, narrowing it down to Helio Castroneves/Chelsie Hightower and Sabrina Bryan/Louis Van Amstel.

In the end, fifth-season champ Castroneves was eliminated. He thanked his racing team and America "for letting me do this."

Hi Monkey's,

I watched the show last night, Castoneves, was the best, him and Derek Smile IMO

comments;;;
http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20637551,00.html#disqus_thread

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: October 10, 2012, 08:57:49 AM »

October 9, 2012

Hi Monkey's,

I watched the show last night, Castoneves, was the best, him and Derek Smile IMO

comments;;;

I wasn't able to watch, but I've read the reviews and I read the comments from the link you posted, seahorse.   I'm not surprised popularity won over talent.  It isn't the first time that's happened.     So it can be confusing at times, when it's a dance contest but it's also very much a popularity contest.  Sometimes the peoples votes can make a big difference.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: October 10, 2012, 08:59:04 AM »

http://www.people.com/people/article/0,,20637599,00.html
Drew Lachey on Dancing Elimination: 'It Really Sucks!'
October 3, 2012

Tuesday night's double-elimination on Dancing with the Stars produced sighs of relief from saved bottom scorers Bristol Palin and Mark Ballas – but eliminated pair Drew Lachey and Anna Trebunskaya were left with feelings of angst.

"Oh, my gosh, I was so robbed!" Trebunskaya, 31, told reporters backstage after she and Lachey, 36, learned their fate. "Are you kidding me? I have an amazing partner. We had so much fun together. I feel robbed of having the fun of working with this person."

Lachey supported his partner's sentiments.

"I feel disappointed that it came to an end," he said. "There are fantastic dancers on the show. Everyone knows it and everyone sees it every week. [But] do I think we're going home too early? Absolutely. I don't think there's anybody in this ballroom who would disagree with that."

Lachey, who admits he takes his dismissal "personally," was let down when the previous night that started out strong turned into one of the lower-scoring performances of the evening.
More...

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #45 on: October 10, 2012, 10:39:54 AM »

October 9, 2012

Hi Monkey's,

comments;;;

I wasn't able to watch, but I've read the reviews and I read the comments from the link you posted, seahorse.   I'm not surprised popularity won over talent.  It isn't the first time that's happened.     So it can be confusing at times, when it's a dance contest but it's also very much a popularity contest.  Sometimes the peoples votes can make a big difference.   
[/b]

Muffy, I did not vote this season.   EC was so elegant. I will miss his smile. I remember, when Marie O. had the popular vote, she was more interesting, than B.P., IMO. I just wonder if ABC, has an interview with S.P., who is reported, to be writing
a book. Something stinks and it's not feet Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #46 on: October 14, 2012, 09:42:20 AM »

GO KELLY!!! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: October 17, 2012, 09:11:30 AM »

http://entertainment.time.com/2012/10/17/dancing-with-the-stars-results-watch-everyone-can-stop-complaining-now/
Dancing with the Stars Results Watch: Everyone Can Stop Complaining Now
The DWTS results are in and one contestant finally got her due
October 17, 2012

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: October 17, 2012, 09:13:53 AM »

http://www.latimes.com/entertainment/tv/showtracker/la-et-st-dancing-with-the-stars-recap-20121016,0,2236889.story
'Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars' results recap: Odd team out
October 17, 2012

Turns out they were the odd team out after all. Even after getting eights and judges’ praise across the board (and a high-10 from Carrie Ann), the couple going home in this fourth week of “Dancing With the Stars: All-Stars” competition was Bristol Palin and her pro partner, Mark Ballas.

Kudos to the young Palin and her fan base for keeping the lower-scoring all-star in the running for this long. And this way, they were able to leave on a high note: Bristol and Mark went through a whole dramatic arc the whole time they were in the competition. First, happiness to be back in the ballroom. Then there was the tension and tears and accusations. Finally, just as Mark and Bristol were able to work through their differences and come back with a rock & roll hop, they were bounced out of the competition.

And there were no tears or sadness at the results. “We made it to Week 4, and I’m happy with that,” smiled Bristol. “I put my best foot forward, and did the best that I could.”

And now the freestyle group teams picked by Gilles Marini and Peta Murgatroyd, and Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough, can stay as they were. Gilles and Peta chose Kelly Monaco and Val Chmerkovskiy, Kirstie Alley and Maksim Chmerkovskiy, Emmitt Smith and Cheryl Burke, and will dance to the guilty pleasure and summer sensation “Gangnam Style” by Psy (Val just said he wants a “good-looking team. That’s all that matters.”). Shawn and Derek selected Sabrina Bryan and Louis Van Amstel, Melissa Rycroft and Tony Dovolani, and Apolo Anton Ohno and Karina Smirnoff. They’ll dance to guilty pleasure and summer sensation “Call Me Maybe” by Carly Rae Jepsen.
More...

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: October 17, 2012, 02:19:06 PM »

http://blog.zap2it.com/pop2it/2012/10/jimmy-kimmel-apologizes-to-bristol-palin-for-making-fun-of-her-mother----sort-of.html
Jimmy Kimmel apologizes to Bristol Palin for making fun of her mother -- sort of
October 17, 2012

Following her elimination from "Dancing with the Stars: All-Stars," Bristol Palin visited "Jimmy Kimmel Live!" to talk about the show. Kimmel didn't start the interview off on the right foot when he acknowledged that he's made fun of her mother "one or two" times in the past.
"Yes, I'm here for my apology," Palin says in the above video, to which Kimmel responds with a laugh, "I'm sorry."
When she calls him out on not actually being sorry, he acknowledges, "I'm not sorry, you're right, but I will allow you to make 48,000 jokes about my mother just to make us even. ... If you knew her, you would make fun of her, that I can promise you."

Video at Link

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #50 on: October 17, 2012, 04:46:03 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-207_162-57533821/dancing-with-the-stars-all-stars-elimination-week-4-bristol-gone-order-restored/

By David Hancock /
CBS News
October 16, 2012, 10:37 PM

"Dancing With The Stars: All-Stars" elimination Week 4: Bristol gone, order restored

When Palin survived the double elimination that sent home two former "DWTS" champions last week, it started a firestorm of comments on the CBSNews.com recap story.

Order, restored?...Maybe, ratings will be restored, IMO

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: October 17, 2012, 11:12:58 PM »

I am so not interested in this show this season for some reason...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: October 17, 2012, 11:14:27 PM »

I am so not interested in this show this season for some reason...

meaning that I have hardly watched it but I still like reading the comments on here,

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #53 on: October 22, 2012, 08:32:30 PM »

Hi, y'all ~ I have been MIA for a few months, and hope everyone's still around.

Gilles still gags me, and I just watched his *dance* with Peta.  I was embarrassed to be watching them.....felt like a voyeaur (think that's the word.)  ugh. 

And, then Carrie Ann falling off her chair in near ecstasy.  Good Heavens.  guess they'll get all 10s.  sigh.
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #54 on: October 22, 2012, 09:37:44 PM »

I wasn't really impressed with any of the singles dancing tonite, they all seemed tired and not much bounce.

I did like the group dance though.  It was really the best of the night, think age may have something to do with it?
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: October 23, 2012, 04:47:57 AM »

Welcome back tcumom

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: October 23, 2012, 07:58:05 AM »

Welcome back tcumom

^^^^^^^ What Nut said.   

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: October 24, 2012, 10:49:03 AM »

i only caught the last group dance...very entertaining...

tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #58 on: October 24, 2012, 10:13:15 PM »

Hi, y'all!  It was an awful day with my 8th graders, so I thought I'd check y'all out tonight!

So happy to see everyone . . . 

I am making only ONE comment (shocking, I know) about last night.   I'm not sure how to put this *delicately* as it sounds so crass. 

Here goes:  Did you all notice when Gilles was dancing and Peta did the upside down splits, or whatever you call it when he was holding her legs in a split . . . . then, he looks down at her crotch and bugs out his eyes . . . . 

My Lord.   I was stunned.  A couple of teachers (younger than I) saw it, and mentioned this morning how "grossed out" they were (their words).   I kind of felt better knowing others noticed that moment . . . it was also shown at the end of the show in the highlights part . . . yeah, it was a high light, all right. 

Well, as usual, I am back to my very long-winded ONE comment.   
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: October 25, 2012, 03:02:47 AM »

Lmao....I agree and I am the farthest thing from a prude on the face of the earth...it was gross, lol.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.