March 19, 2024, 03:10:20 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Dancing With The Stars - Season 15  (Read 47792 times)
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #60 on: October 25, 2012, 07:37:01 AM »

Lmao....I agree and I am the farthest thing from a prude on the face of the earth...it was gross, lol.

ha. 
I am so relieved someone else noticed and had the same thought. 

I bet Tom Bergeron saw it, too . . . he is so quick with a quip, but that was just beyond words. 

Anyway, they'll probably show that as a highlight next Monday.  I'll have my toothbrush and mouthwash ready .  ick.  Monkey Devil!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #61 on: October 26, 2012, 05:08:48 AM »

When will they do the #5 results???? We have not seen who is in jeopardy yet...after all the talley's...internet, texts, etc.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #62 on: October 26, 2012, 09:39:05 AM »

Hi, y'all!  It was an awful day with my 8th graders, so I thought I'd check y'all out tonight!

So happy to see everyone . . . 

I am making only ONE comment (shocking, I know) about last night.   I'm not sure how to put this *delicately* as it sounds so crass. 

Here goes:  Did you all notice when Gilles was dancing and Peta did the upside down splits, or whatever you call it when he was holding her legs in a split . . . . then, he looks down at her crotch and bugs out his eyes . . . . 

My Lord.   I was stunned.  A couple of teachers (younger than I) saw it, and mentioned this morning how "grossed out" they were (their words).   I kind of felt better knowing others noticed that moment . . . it was also shown at the end of the show in the highlights part . . . yeah, it was a high light, all right. 

Well, as usual, I am back to my very long-winded ONE comment.   

O/T - I teach in TX, too.  This year exclusively with middle school kids.  I feel your pain!

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #63 on: October 29, 2012, 10:05:22 PM »

Well, the entire show tonight was just painful for me . . . a few moments of smiling and clapping (alone, haha.) . . . but, overall, I thought it was pretty bad.  And that group dance ~ a trainwreck, in my opinion.   

What a disappointment AND a waste of my time.  ugh.

Do y'all have any thoughts/opinions?   
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 29, 2012, 10:12:05 PM »

did you watch it tonight?  pretty good.

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: November 21, 2012, 09:17:30 AM »

Posted at 06:00 AM ET, 11/21/2012
‘Dancing With the Stars’: Apolo Anton Ohno, Emmitt Smith go home
By Emily Yahr

Next week is the big finale on the first-ever “Dancing With the Stars” all stars season, and we know who won’t be making the trip — Apolo Anton Ohno and Emmitt Smith, leaving the three remaining women to duke it out next week.

In between a truly psychadelic performance by Paula Abdul and an appearance from about-to-be-overexposed pop band The Wanted, the Apolo and Emmitt said goodbye.

“Apolo, a true sportsman, you’ve been the consumate professional,” Brooke Burke Charvet intoned to the Olympic speedskater, who was the first person kicked off. Brooke twisted the knife: “How difficult is tonight, falling just one week short of the finals?”

“This competiton was hard from the begining and Karina’s...taught me so much about myself,” Apolo said, looking truly disappointed. “This show is amazing far beyond what the Mirror Ball Trophy has in store for people...”

After rambling on for awhile about gaining confidence, etc., Tom Bergeron was forced to cut him off — so long, Apolo.

::snipping2::

http://www.washingtonpost.com/blogs/tv-column/post/dancing-with-the-stars-apolo-anton-ohno-emmitt-smith-go-home/2012/11/20/11754586-337d-11e2-bfd5-e202b6d7b501_blog.html
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:20:03 AM by San » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: November 21, 2012, 09:19:13 AM »

I was surprised to see Apolo go home.  I figured Emmit Smith and Kelly Monaco would be the ones to go home because they really did give the weakest performances.
« Last Edit: November 21, 2012, 09:22:25 AM by San » Logged
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: November 21, 2012, 09:25:11 AM »

Dancing with the Stars: SEASON 15, EPISODE 17
Dancing with the Stars Results Watch: Who Is in the Finals?
By Melissa Locker

Last night on the semifinals of Dancing with the Stars: All Stars, we found out which of these “stars” was still in the running to win the coveted Mirrorball Trophy. (It’s coveted because it’s mirrored and thus makes whatever room it’s placed in look so much larger.) After last night’s performances, where the competitors had to execute routines to a Michael Jackson song as well as the-producers-are-drunk mish-mash numbers like “Caveman Hustle” or “Knight Rider Bhangra,” Shawn Johnson and Derek Hough topped the leaderboard with a nearly perfect 59 out of 60, while Emmitt and Cheryl and Kelly and Val are tied at the bottom with 54. With the series’ third double elimination of this season looming, let’s find out which contestants America is sending packing and which they voted into the finals.

Here’s what happened on the semifinals of Dancing with the Stars: All Stars:

Most Suspicious Repeat Performance: The judges chose to see a repeat performance of Olympic speed skater Apolo Anton Ohno’s and Karina Smirnoff’s rumba to Michael Jackson’s “Man in the Mirror.” While some may see this as an honor, unfortunately it is usually the kiss of death on this show.

Least Surprising Moment: Shawn and Derek’s “Knight Rider Bhangra” earned the Olympic gymnast a standing ovation and a perfect 30, while her Michael Jackson tango got a 29. So, yeah, they are safe. More interestingly, somehow Derek seems to have sprouted significant facial hair over night. Guess he remembered to water his face chia pet.

The Rising Star of Dance: Parris Goebel, a young New Zealand native, is a self-trained hip-hop dancer who started her own dance crew and opened her own studio at the age of 17. Then Jennifer Lopez came calling. What did you do at 17 aside from failing your driver’s test and getting mono twice? Goebel’s routine, set to Alicia Keys’ “Girl on Fire,” was so powerful that Tom Bergeron collapsed on the stage next to her saying, “Wow.”

::snipping2::
Read more: http://entertainment.time.com/2012/11/21/dancing-with-the-stars-results-watch-who-is-in-the-finals/#ixzz2CrnmPYcw
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #68 on: November 26, 2012, 10:06:45 PM »

Wow, Wow, Wow!!!  Go Derek!

Beautiful avatars, so sweet rendeer

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: November 27, 2012, 11:37:42 AM »

GO KELLY! 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: November 28, 2012, 08:18:11 AM »

Well......Bahhhh HumBug 

San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: November 28, 2012, 08:52:41 PM »

This was one of my favorite dances of all time.  I know Melissa won and that's ok because she was great too.  But Shawn and Derek were amazing.

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/xx598I8xIwQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/xx598I8xIwQ?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: November 28, 2012, 08:56:54 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/474XXGg3DB4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/474XXGg3DB4?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
San
Super Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: November 28, 2012, 09:06:36 PM »

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/VL-CF06Vw1s?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/VL-CF06Vw1s?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US</a>
Pages: « 1 2 3 4   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.