March 29, 2024, 08:21:44 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Hey You!  (Read 16596 times)
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: July 29, 2006, 12:27:56 PM »

I got sent here!
Frijole
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: July 29, 2006, 12:31:43 PM »

Laughing

That's OK Easy - it isn't the corner!!

Some interesting things in the Lounge.  

Read about your son.  Sorry - and it bites.  Had a bro that
had some real issues with drugs.  Almost killed him and very hard
on the family.  He had to want to get better and he did.

I'm no counselor so not much use to you - but Justinsmama was
reaching out this a.m.  That's what she does for a living --- am sure
she is fantastic..  Hope you got her email.  

You can't hold yourself responsible for bad decisions your son makes - only bad decisions that YOU make.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: July 29, 2006, 01:38:00 PM »

Easy, I emailed you earlier. I have mucho personal experience with the horrible disease of addiction. I'm sure your son doesn't want it to be like this either, but the ball is in his court. He has to want the help and all you can do is support him in that...but otherwise, you can't help him. He has to work on this himself.

I'm sorry you had such a nightmarish episode with him last night...Maybe it will open his eyes and he'll get some help. It's hard to do, reach out and put yourself in a place to receive help, but many have done it and come out on the other side...

Bring Natalee home...
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: July 29, 2006, 01:49:18 PM »

Easy,

Am so glad you are back online. Haven't had any sleep since your posting early this am.

Glad you are OK... hitting in the chest also hurts in the heart.

We all are behind you... I bet everyone on this blog has gone through or is going through tough times and we get depressed and frustrated.

I hope they have a prayer circle again soon... it helped me just being part of it.

Are you finished with Jossy book yet?

Keep you chin up and your you know what off the ground

Your Monkey friend,

IBE

PS... I read this blog when depressed and not depressed. The words aren't coming out right... but I feel better after being with the Monkeys.

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
mishy
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: July 29, 2006, 01:54:55 PM »

IBE,

In case you see this, I created a thread just a few minutes ago to see if we can get another one going...

Easy,

I have some info for you that might help in dealing with the situation with your son. Have you ever been to Al Anon? It's an amazing support group and there should be several meetings in your area...

Bring Natalee home...
IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: July 29, 2006, 02:17:24 PM »

So where to I go now?

Have had no sleep... am "following" Easy and trying to upload the avatar that I had before the 1st crash and photobucket says it's not a jpeg file' so have email Godess Klaasend for help.

Taking a break for "breakfast" ... a coke cola

Thanks,

IBE

Freedom is not free: it also takes ethics, character, accountability, responsibility and courage! Freedom for Scared Monkeys: donate to Red's legal fees.
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: July 29, 2006, 02:18:51 PM »

Sometimes nothing seems to go right  Laughing

IBE
Monkey Junky

« Reply #7 on: July 29, 2006, 02:33:02 PM »

OK Easy,

What's up? are you there... Knock Knock

Just finished a bagel with crunchy peanut butter on it and a Coke... well, it's close to the end of the month.

Always like it when you show your mom. I kept the picture weeks ago... it reminds me of my late mom... Hope you didn't mind.

She and I have been to Mobile Bay and seen the sunsets.... we were better at sunsets than sunrises.

If you aren't online... perhaps you can get some sleep. I am trying off and on.

Hang in there.... our Easy

from IBE

BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #8 on: July 29, 2006, 06:09:38 PM »

Hey Easy,

I e-mailed you this, but I'll say it here too.

You know I'm your friend, so I hope you know I'll always be on your side.

Hugs.

I Stand With The Girl
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #9 on: July 29, 2006, 07:34:48 PM »

Easy ~ I'm here for you ~ to listen, to talk, to lend a shoulder ~ if I can help, I will ~ you know the monkeys are with you  Wink
Sam
Monkey Junky

« Reply #10 on: July 29, 2006, 08:52:41 PM »

Easy , I have not read your post that caused you to be sent to the lounge. The lounge is a good place to vent so it is not punishment. lOL

I do get the feeling from the other monkey's post that it is a problem with one of your sons. I am going to pray for both you and your son. I hope this will help both of you in some way. I know God does listen.

Sam

Just a swinging with the tribe
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: July 29, 2006, 09:21:21 PM »

I did not read Easy's post either. Can anyone fill me in?

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #12 on: July 29, 2006, 09:51:18 PM »

Quote from: "LouiseVargas"
I did not read Easy's post either. Can anyone fill me in?

Louise - Easy's youngest son has been living with Easy and last night had a fight with him. Sad

I Stand With The Girl
LouiseVargas
Monkey Junky

« Reply #13 on: July 30, 2006, 12:04:37 AM »

Thank you, BT.  I just finished reading the LCD and read his postings on the incident with his son.

Easy falls into a clear pattern. When upset, he posts pics. I wonder if ANY Of these are current. Maybe they are old ones and he is reliving his youth. I'd like to see a current pic.

In just the same way that Easy is crying out for attention by posting pics again and giving us about one teasing sentence per post, his son is crying out for attention. When kids don't get attention by being good, they will try to get attention by being disruptive. I think the son is copying the father.

John Lennon said he was absolutely too busy with his career to pay any attention whatsoever to Julian, who later became a drug abuser. When John was older, and Sean was born, he let Ono work and he stayed home with his son.

So, Easy what is your story? What hurt you so bad that you and your son are crying out for help? What happened that you cannot communicate with your son in words instead of violence?

You have to do something. Something. You cannot move forward without taking a risk.

Hope is everything. I see angels everywhere.
Easywriter
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #14 on: July 30, 2006, 05:13:24 AM »

Is it a need for attention, or a need to communicate?  When one finds themselves in isolation due to illness and other misfortunes life has perpetrated, it becomes a natural instinct to speak out across the internet.

If my tale of woe bothers you, then there is a simple choice to be made.
BTgirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #15 on: July 30, 2006, 09:34:27 AM »

I have heard a lot of people lately say how much they enjoy seeing the pictures. Most people are fascinated with pictures of those they know, especially when they communicate over the internet and don't actually get to see the other person in real life.

The baby picture thread is wonderful. Even old photos tell us so much about our internet friends. Maybe we could have a thread with pictures of our past selves when we were no longer babies. Some would probably not be comfortable with that, but others might get a real kick out of it.

Just a thought. Very Happy

I Stand With The Girl
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #16 on: July 30, 2006, 09:52:01 AM »

BTGirl ~ That is a fantabulous idea!   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy
mrs. red
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #17 on: July 30, 2006, 12:07:14 PM »

Quote from: "tcumom"
BTGirl ~ That is a fantabulous idea!   Very Happy  Very Happy  Very Happy

Please don't post any current pictures... just take a look at the dark side to see why not.... no one needs to be drug through the mud.... and you never know where your face will end up being super-imposed.
TIA....

IF we didn't have to contend with the absolute crap that goes on out there, I would love to see pictures... but I want y'all to be safe!

To accomplish great things we must not only act but also dream, not only plan but also believe.
Author: Anatole
tcumom
Monkey Junky

« Reply #18 on: July 30, 2006, 12:46:43 PM »

Quote from: "mrs. red"

Please don't post any current pictures... just take a look at the dark side to see why not.... no one needs to be drug through the mud.... and you never know where your face will end up being super-imposed.
TIA....

IF we didn't have to contend with the absolute crap that goes on out there, I would love to see pictures... but I want y'all to be safe!

Oh, Mrs. Red ~ I'm sorry ~ I thought BT meant pics that were from the in-between years of pre-teen and teenagers ~ NOT current ones ~ NO WAY for those!  Too scary with all the yo-yos out there.

Guess I misunderstood  Embarassed  Embarassed  Confused  Confused
2NJSons_Mom
Monkey All Star

« Reply #19 on: July 30, 2006, 09:06:27 PM »

Quote from: "Easywriter"
Is it a need for attention, or a need to communicate?  When one finds themselves in isolation due to illness and other misfortunes life has perpetrated, it becomes a natural instinct to speak out across the internet.

If my tale of woe bothers you, then there is a simple choice to be made.

Easy, I understand, in a way what you are saying, here.  I have my own personal, inherited situations that make my daily existence a challenge.  To some it's a misfortunate occurance, and to others it may just be an obstacle.  From day to day, I see it differently, especially when dealing with an elderly father who is forgetting more and more each day.  

In my life I've dealt with loved ones with substance abuse, mental illness and a slew of other things from financial, emotional and health issues.  I've managed to still be here.  

You opened the thread...been waiting for you to talk...if you need a bigger audience, maybe 'they will come'.

I know I've been watching & waiting.

R.I.P Dear 2NJ - say hi to Peaches for us!

I expect a miracle _Peaches ~ ~ May She Rest In Peace.

SOMEONE KNOWS THE TRUTH  

None of us here just fell off the turnip truck. - Magnolia
Pages: 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.