March 28, 2024, 10:51:22 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Randy Travis Arrested for DWI  (Read 203126 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #180 on: May 19, 2013, 10:53:09 AM »

http://nashvillecountryclub.com/CountryMusicNews/6161/Country+superstar+Randy+Travis+is+listed+among+nominees+for+the+2013+CMT+Music+Awards.+The+ceremony+will+air+live+from+Nashville+at+Bridgestone+Arena+on+Wednesday,+June+5+on+CMT+and+CMT.com+at+8:00+p.m.

Country superstar Randy Travis is listed among nominees for the 2013 CMT Music Awards. The ceremony will air live from Nashville at Bridgestone Arena on Wednesday, June 5 on CMT and CMT.com at 8:00 p.m.  2013-05-07

Sorry, I do not have the date for this article ..Sad

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #181 on: May 19, 2013, 10:04:34 PM »

I couldn't help but think of this song in light of Randy Travis's efforts to block release of his nekky arrest video.  Sort of think it would be funny to hum a few bars to him.   Monkey Devil!

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k0DfXA00Vc4

"Running Bare" By Jim Nesbitt

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #182 on: May 22, 2013, 06:56:07 AM »

"skittos are playing tricks on me"   

Muffy,

Wuv the tune, good campfire group song.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #183 on: July 01, 2013, 09:40:09 PM »

http://theboot.com/randy-travis-george-jones-tribute/
Randy Travis Says He and George Jones Had a Lot in Common
June 28, 2013

Randy Travis delivered one of the standout performances at George Jones‘ funeral, and he’s just released a new single, ‘Tonight I’m Playin’ Possum,’ as a tribute to the iconic singer. In a new interview, Travis says he had a lot in common with Jones, both musically and otherwise.

“Both of us are obviously just country boys who came up through years of playing at nightclubs before actually having a record deal,’ Travis tells the Chicago Sun-Times. “We were both, no doubt, traditionalists all the way through. And I learned so much about singing from George Jones just by listening to him. There was a stretch of years where every hit he had, I was learning them to sing in clubs.”

That’s not all they had in common. Jones’ penchant for alcohol and erratic behavior was almost as much a part of his legend as his music, earning him headlines again and again over the course of decades. Travis has often admitted to a troubled youth that included drugs and alcohol, arrests and fights, and after decades of sobriety he slipped in recent years, resulting in a series of arrests and public embarrassments that trace back to alcohol.

That journey back includes a new album that Travis will release later this year. ‘Tonight I’m Playin’ Possum’ is the advance single from that project.

“I had a request through Warner Brothers to record the song as a tribute to George Jones, and after listening to it, I wanted to very much,” Travis says. “It’s just a wonderful piece of writing. And what I wanted to accomplish by doing it is simply what it is — a tribute to George. Many people in this business will say that he’s the greatest country singer that ever lived, and I agree. I thought a lot of him.”

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #184 on: July 08, 2013, 06:02:14 PM »

BREAKING NEWS:

Randy Travis just admitted to Dallas Hospital in critical condition --- Viral Cardiomyopathy ---

He was just admitted, no furthter details, this was just announced on  NBC Dallas TV
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #185 on: July 08, 2013, 06:05:08 PM »

http://www.nbcdfw.com/news/health/Randy-Travis-Hospitalized-in-Texas-214663661.html

Monday, Jul 8, 2013  |  Updated 5:02 PM CDT

Country singer Randy Travis has been admitted to a Texas hospital and is listed in critical condition, according to his public relations firm.

The six-time Grammy winner is suffering from complications of recently acquired viral cardiomyopathy.

"Cardiomyopathy is the term for any disease of the heart muscle that interferes with the heart’s ability to pump blood with sufficient force," according to Johns Hopkins Medicine. Travis' condition, which is viral, was caused by an infection in the heart.

54-year-old Travis was admitted to the hospital on Sunday

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #186 on: July 08, 2013, 06:20:30 PM »

Thank you for letting us know BabsKats.     He's not really that old.  I hope he can recover.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #187 on: July 08, 2013, 09:24:36 PM »

http://www.randytravis.com/news/randy-admitted-texas-hospital

Hopefully his website will keep us updated.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #188 on: July 09, 2013, 12:04:54 PM »

Randy Travis undergoes heart surgery

Brian Mansfield, Special for USA TODAY 7:17 p.m. EDT July 8, 2013

The country singer suffers from viral cardiomyopathy.

UPDATE: Randy Travis' sister-in-law Teresa Traywick released a statement about the singer's condition.

"We have been told he has had surgery. Our prayers are going out to him because my husband just had a heart attack last year, so it is in their family. Their mother passed away at an early age with her heart, so it is like these boys are following right in their footsteps. My prayers are with them. That's all I can say right now."

more...

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/07/08/randy-travis-in-critical-condition/2500069/

ME: Elizabeth Travis would grow a vegetable garden and cook fresh veggies for RT, I guess this makes sense on why she was so health conscience for Randy. Sad

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #189 on: July 09, 2013, 12:09:49 PM »

http://www.tmz.com/2013/07/09/randy-travis-frantic-condition-heart-airlifted/?adid=hero2

ME:Interesting.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #190 on: July 09, 2013, 01:36:14 PM »

www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/07/09/randy-travis-undergoes-heart-surgery/2501437/

ME:  He looks really healthy, in this old photo.  I hope he recovers.  an angelic monkey 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #191 on: July 09, 2013, 05:22:00 PM »

Korina Lopez, USA TODAY 3:32 p.m. EDT July 9, 2013

The country singer suffers from viral cardiomyopathy

UPDATE:

Randy Travis' publicist has released a statement clarifying the singer's treatment. "Contrary to reports, Randy Travis has not undergone heart surgery," representative Kirt Webster said. "Travis was admitted into a Texas hospital on Sunday and underwent placement of an IMPELLA peripheral left ventricular assist device for stabilization prior to transferring hospitals. The Grammy winner remains in critical condition."

http://www.usatoday.com/story/life/music/2013/07/09/randy-travis-undergoes-heart-surgery/2501437/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #192 on: July 09, 2013, 09:26:35 PM »

http://www.randytravis.com/news/update-randy-travis-remains-critical-condition

“We are very thankful to the fans for their love and support during this time,” says Randy Travis.

Snail mail address is posted on the link below to send get well wishes to Randy Travis.

http://www.randytravis.com/news/update-randy-travis-remains-critical-condition

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #193 on: July 10, 2013, 07:45:06 AM »

http://www.nashvillegab.com/2013/07/randy-travis-team-disputes-heart-surgery-claims.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #194 on: July 10, 2013, 05:05:38 PM »

http://media.baylorhealth.com/releases/randy-travis-physicians-speak

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #195 on: July 10, 2013, 06:36:01 PM »

Good news!  He's been a stinker at times, but I didn't want anything to happen to him.  I hope Randy has cleaned up and gets on a good health regimin and stays on it.  It appears others in his life tried to help him.  From what I've read here (thank you, seahorse) Elizabeth Travis tried to help him, with nutritious meals etc.  Maybe he had to have this big scare in his life for the message to get through.  Hitting the bottom before coming back up?  Anyway, I hope Randy improves and makes some more great music. 

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #196 on: July 10, 2013, 09:56:49 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/texas/doctors-randy-travis-in-congestive-heart-failure
Publicist: Randy Travis suffers stroke in hospital
Singer was hospitalized on Monday

July 10, 2013

NASHVILLE, Tenn. (AP) — The publicist for Randy Travis says the country music singer has suffered a stroke in a Texas hospital.

Publicist Kirt Webster said Wednesday night that the 54-year-old Travis suffered the stroke while he was being treated for congestive heart failure because of a viral illness.

Webster said Travis was undergoing surgery Wednesday night to relieve pressure on his brain. He has been in critical condition.

Doctors said earlier Wednesday that Travis was in good health until three weeks before he was hospitalized, when he contracted a viral upper respiratory infection.

The viral illness led to a weakened heart muscle that eventually worsened into heart failure.

Travis was taken to the emergency room on Sunday. The singer underwent a procedure to have a pump inserted by catheter that helps increase blood flow.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #197 on: July 10, 2013, 09:58:55 PM »

http://tasteofcountry.com/randy-travis-stroke/
Randy Travis Suffers a Stroke
July 10, 2013

Randy Travis has suffered a stroke. Reports issued early Wednesday (July 10) indicated that the singer’s condition was improving. But by nightfall, he was rushed into surgery to relieve pressure on his brain after suffering the stroke.

The singer’s medical woes over the past week have been well-documented, with his publicity team keeping both the media and Travis’ fans abreast of how he is doing via informative press releases, even including a conference video from his team of doctors. The medical staff explained that Travis was suffering from congestive heart failure after being admitted to a McKinney, Texas hospital on Sunday, and that he has since been transferred to Baylor’s best heart facility to receive specialized care.

The stroke was apparently a complication of his congestive heart failure. Travis was in surgery as of 9:30PM ET on Wednesday. He remains in critical condition.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #198 on: July 11, 2013, 07:14:01 AM »

www.randytravis.com

July 11,2013

Another Update On Randy Travis:As a complication of his congestive heart failure, Mr. Randy Travis has suffered a stroke and is currently undergoing surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. He is in critical condition. We will have updates as they become available. His family and friends here with him at the hospital request your prayers and support.

MuffyBee, 

Thank-you for the updates.  Prayers for Randy.  Lib was so good for him. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
labubske
Monkey Junky

« Reply #199 on: July 11, 2013, 08:04:34 AM »

www.randytravis.com

July 11,2013

Another Update On Randy Travis:As a complication of his congestive heart failure, Mr. Randy Travis has suffered a stroke and is currently undergoing surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. He is in critical condition. We will have updates as they become available. His family and friends here with him at the hospital request your prayers and support.

MuffyBee, 

Thank-you for the updates.  Prayers for Randy.  Lib was so good for him. 

This is not sounding good today.  I am certainly sending my prayers for Randy and his loved ones.  How sad.

"It is easy to dodge our responsibilities, but we cannot dodge the consequences of dodging our responsibilities." Sir Josiah Stamp

“I don't have anything to gain. It's not going to save my daughter's life. But it could save your daughter's life.”  ~Mark Lunsford
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.