March 28, 2024, 08:49:06 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Randy Travis Arrested for DWI  (Read 203122 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #200 on: July 11, 2013, 08:15:33 AM »

I'm watching "Today", on tv, and it was said Randy Travis's doctors are having to relieve the pressure on his brain "hourly".  So frightening.   They didn't go into detail, but it just doesn't sound good at all.  I believe in miracles, and Randy could use one now. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #201 on: July 11, 2013, 09:08:21 AM »

www.randytravis.com

July 11,2013

Another Update On Randy Travis:As a complication of his congestive heart failure, Mr. Randy Travis has suffered a stroke and is currently undergoing surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. He is in critical condition. We will have updates as they become available. His family and friends here with him at the hospital request your prayers and support.

MuffyBee, 

Thank-you for the updates.  Prayers for Randy.  Lib was so good for him. 

This is not sounding good today.  I am certainly sending my prayers for Randy and his loved ones.  How sad.

It so sad, because he should be still on tour, if only he had someone who looked out for his interests, and not their own. IMO. Greed, comes to mind, IMO. Sad

If RT could turn back the hands of time and not have fired Lib Travis, as his manager, his life would still be good in my opinion.

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives

1.  City Paper, The (Nashville, TN) - April 9, 2012

Ex-wife's management company sues Randy Travis 

Country music legend Randy Travis, who was arrested earlier this year on a public intoxication charge in Texas, is facing more legal troubles — this time in the form of a lawsuit filed by his ex-wife’s management company.Elizabeth Travis, who managed Randy Travis’ career for nearly 30 years, claims the singer had a “large truck, an armed guard and several other men” invade her office on Music Row.“The mass of items taken before [Elizabeth Travis] could even go through them...

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #202 on: July 11, 2013, 10:39:00 AM »

Singer Randy Travis suffers stroke while being treated for heart failure, still critical
From AP
Last Updated: 7:27 AM, July 11, 2013
Posted: 5:47 PM, July 10, 2013

Webster said from the hospital Travis' fiancee Mary Beougher was at his side and that he is surrounded by family and friends, including his brother, Dennis Traywick, and his pastor, Jeff Perry. Kenny Rogers, the Oak Ridge Boys, Chuck Norris and several others have called to check in on Travis.

http://www.nypost.com/p/news/national/randy_travis_in_congestive_heart_g6Mc5z1B7TCPzm2YSUnBUJ

www.nypost.com

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #203 on: July 12, 2013, 10:21:56 AM »

Town Of Tioga Prays For Randy Travis
July 11, 2013 5:18 PM

Before Travis moved to the community a few years ago, Tioga’s claim to country music fame was as the birthplace of Gene Autry, whose legend still looms large. But Travis has embraced the spirit of community and volunteerism in Tioga, and in return people have welcomed him. “He’s done a lot for this town,” said Mitchell.

“Any time they have a benefit, he’s there. He has donated things to the fire department and the police department.”

http://dfw.cbslocal.com/2013/07/11/town-of-tioga-prays-for-randy-travis/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #204 on: July 12, 2013, 03:28:24 PM »

As Randy Travis remains in critical condition, country stars send their prayers, well wishes

By Robert Wilonsky
rwilonsky@dallasnews.com
12:42 pm on July 12, 2013

Yesterday we noted that Nancy Jones, the widow of George Jones, flew in from Nashville Thursday to visit Travis at the hospital, where the singer’s fiancee Mary Beougher has been by his side since he was hospitalized Sunday. The Associated Press reports that Nancy played some of Jones’ music for his old friend.

“Randy and George Jones were good friends,” Nancy Jones told the AP via email. “When I was dealing with George’s issues a few months ago, both Randy and Mary were right there for me. I had to get on a plane and come see him. I love him, and I know that George is looking over him during this time.”

Update at 5:20 p.m. June 11: Almost 24 hours after Randy Travis suffered a stroke and underwent brain surgery at The Heart Hospital Baylor in Plano, hospital officials say there’s nothing new to report: He remains in critical condition.

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2013/07/randy-travis-in-surgery-at-plano-hospital-after-suffering-a-stroke.html/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #205 on: July 13, 2013, 07:35:05 AM »

Baylor: Randy Travis “under heavy sedation” and “resting comfortably,” but still critical

By Robert Wilonsky

rwilonsky@dallasnews.com

5:56 pm on July 12, 2013 

Update at 5:45 p.m.:

Baylor has issued a brief statement that says Randy Travis has been under “heavy sedation” since Wednesday night’s surgery. He “is resting comfortably,” says the statement, but remains in critical condition.

Says the statement, “His family continues to ask for prayers and support.”

Update at 12:42 p.m. June 12:

There have been no releases, either from Baylor or Randy Travis’ publicists, since the 54-year-old country singer-songwriter suffered a stroke and underwent surgery Wednesday night at The Heart Hospital Baylor in Plano. But Baylor officials said Friday afternoon that there are “no changes in his condition,” which remains critical.

We have been told there may be an update later this afternoon. Meanwhile, well wishes from his fellow country musicians continue to circulate via Twitter, like this one from Tim McGraw, dispatched moments ago …

http://popcultureblog.dallasnews.com/2013/07/randy-travis-in-surgery-at-plano-hospital-after-suffering-a-stroke.html/

ME:
Someone should play the guitar for RT, seems to be the appropriate thing to do.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #206 on: July 13, 2013, 08:22:45 AM »

Baylor: Randy Travis “under heavy sedation” and “resting comfortably,” but still critical

By Robert Wilonsky

rwilonsky@dallasnews.com

Baylor has issued a brief statement that says Randy Travis has been under “heavy sedation” since Wednesday night’s surgery. He “is resting comfortably,” says the statement, but remains in critical condition.

There have been no releases, either from Baylor or Randy Travis’ publicists, since the 54-year-old country singer-songwriter suffered a stroke and underwent surgery Wednesday night at The Heart Hospital Baylor in Plano. But Baylor officials said Friday afternoon that there are “no changes in his condition,” which remains critical.

We have been told there may be an update later this afternoon. Meanwhile, well wishes from his fellow country musicians continue to circulate via Twitter, like this one from Tim McGraw, dispatched moments ago …

ME:

(Bolded by me)
I think that's a really good idea seahorse. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #207 on: July 13, 2013, 01:12:11 PM »

By Robert Wilonsky

rwilonsky@dallasnews.com

ME:

(Bolded by me)
I think that's a really good idea seahorse. 

Thank-you, Muffy, the monkey's have good instincts.

The guitar is what makes Randy tick, no pun intended. He has been playing for fourty-six yrs.

If he can't hear the guitar he can still feel the vibrations.

Muffy, I am so impressed how time, talent and encouragement launched Randy Travis.

(I bought this over)
 http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=13406.0)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Randy_Travis

August 10,1012 (Dated by me) 

Randy Travis From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

Randy and his brother Ricky were encouraged to pursue their musical talents by their father, who was a fan of Hank Williams, George Jones, and Lefty Frizzell. In 1967, at the age of 8, Randy began playing guitar. Two years later, he and his brother began performing at local clubs and talent contests, calling themselves the Traywick Brothers. Randy often fought with his father and soon dropped out of high school.[9] He became a juvenile delinquent and was arrested for various offenses, including auto theft and burglary. Travis has since voiced regret for his past misdeeds.

In 1975, while his brother was serving time in jail for a high-speed car chase, Randy won a talent contest at a nightclub, Country City USA, in Charlotte, North Carolina. The club's owner, Elizabeth "Lib" Hatcher, took an interest in the young singer, hired him as a cook, and gave him regular singing jobs at the club.[6] During the late 1970s, Randy worked and sang at Country City USA.  (snipped for space).

BBM

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #208 on: July 13, 2013, 03:46:28 PM »

The hospital (I believe) is giving daily updates.

This link below is the official website for updates, according to www.randytravis.com

http://media.baylorhealth.com./

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #209 on: July 14, 2013, 09:42:15 PM »

Fans Share Well Wishes

Thanks to the 20,000 fans at CountryFest for sharing their well wishes for Randy Travis.

Watch the video below:

http://www.randytravis.com/news/fans-share-well-wishes

Dated by me - 07/14/2013 Posted

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #210 on: July 16, 2013, 04:04:45 AM »

http://www.randytravis.com/news/new-update-randy-travis-0

A positive update!!

Click Update Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #211 on: July 16, 2013, 04:05:51 AM »

http://media.baylorhealth.com/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #212 on: July 16, 2013, 07:56:18 AM »

July 15, 2013

Randy Travis update 7/15: Singer awake and alert. Heart issues not caused by drugs

Although Mr. Travis is till in critical condition, it has stabilized. We do not anticipate significant changes on a daily basis, but we will keep you informed as his condition improves.

http://www.nashvillegab.com/2013/07/randy-travis-update-awake-alert-heart-not-caused-drugs.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #213 on: July 16, 2013, 04:49:13 PM »

[img]
Randy Travis awake and making progress
From ASSOCIATED PRESS
Last Updated: 11:32 AM, July 16, 2013
Posted: 11:22 AM, July 16, 2013

Mary Davis, Travis’ fiancee, thanked the singer’s friends and fans for their prayers and support

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/randy_travis_awake_and_making_progress_9wlGAh0aVfQDiSWpnjucbK

Monkey's,

Did Miss Mary Davis divorce Dr. Smiley?Smile
 I believe her name was Mary Beougher.  She is now using her maiden name.

Thank-you

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #214 on: July 16, 2013, 06:12:02 PM »

[img]
Randy Travis awake and making progress
From ASSOCIATED PRESS
Last Updated: 11:32 AM, July 16, 2013
Posted: 11:22 AM, July 16, 2013

Mary Davis, Travis’ fiancee, thanked the singer’s friends and fans for their prayers and support

http://www.nypost.com/p/pagesix/randy_travis_awake_and_making_progress_9wlGAh0aVfQDiSWpnjucbK

Monkey's,

Did Miss Mary Davis divorce Dr. Smiley?Smile
 I believe her name was Mary Beougher.  She is now using her maiden name.

Thank-you

I'm glad to hear Randy Travis's condition has improved.  I understand he will have a lengthy rehabilitation to recover from the stroke. 

I know absolutely nothing about the "fiancee" mentioned.   scratch    I didn't even know he had a fiancee.      But then I'm not the Hedda Hopper of the C & W world.   

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #215 on: July 16, 2013, 09:02:46 PM »

Hedda Hopper 

She would be honored that we remember her!

Added by: katzizkidz

http://www.findagrave.com/cgi-bin/fg.cgi?page=gr&GRid=504

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #216 on: July 17, 2013, 07:20:16 AM »

http://theboot.com/randy-travis-update-chronic-condition-long-term-care/
Randy Travis’ Condition Is Chronic, Will Require Long-Term Care
July 15, 2013

Dr. Michael Mack, the medical director of cardiovascular disease at Baylor Health Care System in Dallas, reveals Travis was on life support for the first 48 hours after he was  hospitalized last Sunday (July 7), suffering from viral cardiomyopathy and congestive heart failure. “His heart did respond positively to that and after a 48-hour period of time we were able to wean him from that support,” Mack states.

It was after that support was removed that Travis suffered a stroke on Wednesday (July 10), necessitating emergency surgery to relieve pressure on his brain. Dr. Mack adds that the singer’s illness was initially viral in nature, but has now become a chronic condition.

“He has what’s called idiopathic cardiomyopathy,” Mack says, “which means he has scarring of his heart muscle that is causing his heart to be weak and not able to support his circulation without help of either medical devices of medication.” The doctor states that Travis’ heart shows scar tissue, but no active infection, and that his condition does not appear to stem from alcohol or drugs, pointing to his family history as the main contributing factor.

Dr. Gary Erwin is an intensivist at The Heart Hospital Baylor Plano, where Travis is being treated. He says Travis has responded well to his surgery, and that scans have revealed an increase in brain activity. The singer is currently on IV meds to help support his heart, but will soon start on the oral medications that he will have to take long-term.

“As a result of his heart condition, acutely, and the stroke, he was put on a ventilator to help him breathe during his hospitalization,” Erwin says. “He remains on that, but we are decreasing that support daily.” Travis is awake and alert, interacting with family and friends, and beginning the early stages of physical therapy.

Travis will remain hospitalized for two or three weeks to stabilize his heart. He will begin an aggressive course of physical therapy during that time. After he transfers to an inpatient facility, he will continue to receive intensive physical therapy. “We anticipate it will take months to recover from the stroke,” Erwin states.

Travis is still listed in critical condition, but he has stabilized. His doctors will continue to provide updates as his condition improves.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #217 on: July 17, 2013, 11:20:03 AM »

World Excusive:   

Published on: July 17, 2013
by NATIONAL ENQUIRER STAFF

AND we talk with Lib Hatcher, the former wife/manager of the “Three Wooden Crosses” singer, who admits she still loves him but says: “Now, he’s in a bad way. It’s not good.”

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/world-exclusive-cover-story-randy-travis-brain-damaged

ME:  The N.E. sells stories and I consider this a story for entertainment.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #218 on: July 17, 2013, 12:51:30 PM »

By Your Manager SAVVY WOMAN
June, 1989
Pages 74—77 & 104

STAND BY YOUR MANAGER
By Kim Wright Wiley

While Travis wanders onstage and begins to test the various microphones with a voice de scribed by a record reviewer as “barbeque-smoked,’’ Hatcher dashes back and forth between the tour bus and the makeshift office stageside, ignoring the pink director’s chair with her name stenciled on the back. Her self-defined job is not only to take care of Travis the Man, cooking vegetables for him on the tour bus and fretting if he goes out without a coat, but also to act as sole guardian of Travis the Business, a six-division conglomerate based in Nashville.

(Third Paragraph)

Lib took such good care of Randy.  Who cooks vegetables on the tour bus, except for Lib?

http://www.randytravis.com/blog/rtfan100788/stand-your-manager

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #219 on: July 17, 2013, 03:38:32 PM »

http://www.khou.com/entertainment/215814761.html
Randy Travis' brother arrested for meth lab
July 17, 2013

MARSHVILLE, N.C. -- The brother of country singer Randy Travis is in the Union County Jail after deputies said they found a meth lab inside his home in Marshville Tuesday night.

Investigators searched the home of 50-year-old David Traywick on Fountain Hill Church Road and said they found a working meth lab inside.

Deputies arrested Traywick, his wife Jessica and two other women, charging them with conspiracy to traffic meth.

This is not the first time the country singing star's brother has been in trouble with the law.  In September of last year, Union County deputies arrested him for cooking meth in a makeshift lab near his home in Marshville.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.