March 28, 2024, 04:46:09 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Randy Travis Arrested for DWI  (Read 203108 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #240 on: October 15, 2013, 09:35:22 AM »

Okay.  Now my curiousity is piqued.    How did an uncle get in the picture?  Does this mean some shirttail cousins are gonna pop up later on, whether they be "estranged" or just strange?    Are they gonna sue till he cries "uncle"? Monkey Devil!  I guess a person can sue anyone for anything these days.     

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #241 on: October 15, 2013, 10:07:41 AM »

Okay.  Now my curiousity is piqued.    How did an uncle get in the picture?  Does this mean some shirttail cousins are gonna pop up later on, whether they be "estranged" or just strange?    Are they gonna sue till he cries "uncle"? Monkey Devil!  I guess a person can sue anyone for anything these days.     

Here we go, Muffy !   I knew you would ask me so I came prepared Smile  Uncle UBD, may be her Bro. 

http://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Travis-Fiancee-File-Lawsuit-Over-Assault-Charges-187233111.html

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #242 on: October 15, 2013, 10:46:24 AM »

http://www.entlawdigest.com/2013/01/24/2103.htm
Thursday, January 24, 2013 10:52 AM PT

Randy Travis Gets
Deferred Adjudication
By BONNIE BARRON

Yes, anyone can say anything!  I have serious doubts that any of this is true, good reading for entertainment, in my opinion.

The complaint states:

"Randy was sitting in Mary's car waiting for Mary. When she didn't return right away he turned around and looked for her. From Mary's car, he saw Ritchie bouncing Mary off of his truck and saw Cavanaugh on the ground. He immediately exited the vehicle he was in, approached Ritchie and told Barnes to back off and leave Cavanaugh alone and exchanged some choice words with him. Barnes, who had already warmed himself up by assaulting his sister, Mary, and his teenage niece, Cavanaugh, grabbed Randy and wrestled him to the ground.

http://www.entlawdigest.com/2013/01/24/2103.htm

What drama     I doubt if any of this is true.

Question: Will ailing RT, be ready for the next drama? This is much more exciting than eating his vegetables from the garden 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #243 on: October 15, 2013, 10:56:12 AM »

Here we go, Muffy !   I knew you would ask me so I came prepared Smile  Uncle UBD, may be her Bro. 

http://www.nbcdfw.com/entertainment/entertainment-news/Travis-Fiancee-File-Lawsuit-Over-Assault-Charges-187233111.html

Hmmm.  It would appear MB's ex and her brother were trying to set RT up for arrest and a possible financial payout.  (Settlement)  Or maybe they wanted to embarrass/disgrace Randy & MB?   It's pretty crappy when your own blood relative is in with your ex to attempt to extract money from you and/your your significant other.  I wonder if the cop in the parking lot was in on this?  If so, if it can be proven, he too can be a part of a civil suit. 

If the events as alleged in the article are true, then perhaps a civil suit was the way tto go.  Sometimes these things aren't so much about money, (like when Ron Goldberg's family sued OJ) but about justice.  And I wonder, depending on how the civil suit works out,(besides attorneys getting richer) how does that affect the outcome of any future ? 

I was just thinking about how a conversation would go for a patient to go get their teeth cleaned and the dentist Dr. Beougher comes in and you make small talk.  "So doc, how was the parking lot rumble in the
church parking lot last week? "  He should stop acting like some little league coach (I've seen plenty of them getting they're jocks in a knot over less) and brawling in public, no matter what. He and MB's bubba pulled in behind RT and MB in a church parking lotand started something, (and it wasn't prayers) it would seem.   Stop manhandling women folk, doc.  Just because she was your ex doesn't give you a right to do that.  And frankly, I can't imagine too many men (and a lot of women) that would stand there while a woman was shoved up against a car.     It does look bad on RT's part, because he's had some, uh, uhm, issues previously.  However, if he stepped up in MB's defense, more power to him.     JMHO

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #244 on: October 15, 2013, 01:39:11 PM »

Hmmm.  It would appear MB's ex and her brother were trying to set RT up for arrest and a possible financial payout.  (Settlement)  Or maybe they wanted to embarrass/disgrace Randy & MB?   It's pretty crappy when your own blood relative is in with your ex to attempt to extract money from you and/your your significant other.  I wonder if the cop in the parking lot was in on this?  If so, if it can be proven, he too can be a part of a civil suit. 

If the events as alleged in the article are true, then perhaps a civil suit was the way tto go.  Sometimes these things aren't so much about money, (like when Ron Goldberg's family sued OJ) but about justice.  And I wonder, depending on how the civil suit works out,(besides attorneys getting richer) how does that affect the outcome of any future ? 

I was just thinking about how a conversation would go for a patient to go get their teeth cleaned and the dentist Dr. Beougher comes in and you make small talk.  "So doc, how was the parking lot rumble in the
church parking lot last week? "  He should stop acting like some little league coach (I've seen plenty of them getting they're jocks in a knot over less) and brawling in public, no matter what. He and MB's bubba pulled in behind RT and MB in a church parking lotand started something, (and it wasn't prayers) it would seem.   Stop manhandling women folk, doc.  Just because she was your ex doesn't give you a right to do that.  And frankly, I can't imagine too many men (and a lot of women) that would stand there while a woman was shoved up against a car.     It does look bad on RT's part, because he's had some, uh, uhm, issues previously.  However, if he stepped up in MB's defense, more power to him.     JMHO

Muffy, I agree with you, they were not in the parking lot saying their prayers!

Is there a document dump, where we (Smile) could read the nine pages of the document, please? 

Bubba's, brain's fell and not in his pocket's

I want to refrain against judgement on dust-up, because Bubba    Monkey Devil!   was the only one arrested. I agree it does seem dicey.

This is what I found, If, If, If,this is the bro. It is so difficult to find her birth or siblings,because she has a common name like Davis. Her two marriages and one divorce (Texas) are easy to find on www.familytreelegends.com, but not her birth, so far.   

The Dallas Morning News - December 20, 1990

5 names mentioned for Collin post Successor to Thornton sought

McKINNEY -- Five names have emerged as most likely to replace Collin County Commissioner Howard Thornton, who announced this week that he will resign his post Friday.The candidates are Jerry Madden, Collin County Republican Party chairman; Kathy Seei, Frisco City Council member; Mattie Friedlein, former Emergency Services Coalition director; Phyllis Cole, secretary for outgoing Justice of the Peace Jim Murrell; and William Barnes Davis, a Plano real estate salesman.County... 
(The End unless we want to pay for more)

http://nl.newsbank.com/nl-search/we/Archives or Newslibrary.com search "William Barnes Davis"

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #245 on: October 15, 2013, 03:30:05 PM »

http://www.co.collin.tx.us/county_clerk/genealogy/genealogy.jsp

Home | Departments | County Clerk | Genealogy Corner

Welcome to the Collin County Clerk’s
Genealogy Corner

Come see just how deep our roots run in Collin County. Explore our archive of historical marriage licenses, some of which date back to 1884, as well as school census records and a complete listing of Collin County Elected Officials both past and present. In addition, we have provided access to birth indexes, death indexes and marriage indexes.

Need a copy for a project or family album? Certified copies are available for a small fee.

Ready to get started?  Just click on the tree above and let us know where you would like to go today.

http://www.co.collin.tx.us/county_clerk/genealogy/genealogy.jsp

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #246 on: November 02, 2013, 08:39:36 AM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/insider-grim-outlook-randy-travis-after-radical-brain-surgery

The N.E. paper is for entertainment purposes.  This information have not been proved conclusive.   

Where in the world, does the N.E. glean information from, who are their 'sauces'?  A Helmet around the house, seems
like that is insider information.  I hope Randy, is making the best of his situation. Prayers for Randy for a full recovery.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #247 on: November 02, 2013, 10:06:05 AM »

http://www.nationalenquirer.com/celebrity/insider-grim-outlook-randy-travis-after-radical-brain-surgery

The N.E. paper is for entertainment purposes.  This information have not been proved conclusive.   

Where in the world, does the N.E. glean information from, who are their 'sauces'?  A Helmet around the house, seems
like that is insider information. 
I hope Randy, is making the best of his situation. Prayers for Randy for a full recovery.

(Bolded by me) Hmmm...  it could be "insider information" or it could be something one might assume with the type of surgery he's had, I'm not really sure.  Sometimes the NE is pretty far out, but then other times it can surprise us and be correct. The "sauces" (love that term!) could be the friend of a friend of a friend, someone that has worked in the home, someone at the hospital etc.  I guess the NE gleans their information from passing around enough $$$.     and I guess as long as some folks don't break confidentiality agreements.... 

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #248 on: November 02, 2013, 11:55:57 AM »

like that is insider information. 
I hope Randy, is making the best of his situation. Prayers for Randy for a full recovery.

(Bolded by me) Hmmm...  it could be "insider information" or it could be something one might assume with the type of surgery he's had, I'm not really sure.  Sometimes the NE is pretty far out, but then other times it can surprise us and be correct. The "sauces" (love that term!) could be the friend of a friend of a friend, someone that has worked in the home, someone at the hospital etc.  I guess the NE gleans their information from passing around enough $$$.     and I guess as long as some folks don't break confidentiality agreements.... 

Hi Muffy,

Hymm...I bet L.H. doesn't have a confidential agreement to this situation, 

Yes, I wuv the sauces, too, another Monkey is going to sue me, because I did not give credit, only because I do not remember which Monkey originally used 'sauces". My sincere apologies to anyone who originally used 'sauces'.  The monkeys are not petty, because we have good leaders and good examples of decency...with a little fun mixed in.

I guess RT will have to appear in that Court date ,in this costume.  I have checked if scheduled court date is still in effect.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=R_SHozxzwqs

Ed Norton Captain Video

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #249 on: November 02, 2013, 12:10:36 PM »

http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx
  MB    Dr. Smiley

The court date is still set according to the above site as of today, is my understanding.

Need to type: Randy Travis, or MB.

I believe on my memory bank Smile  01/06/2014, 9:00 AM. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #250 on: November 03, 2013, 12:55:56 PM »

Hi Monkey's, Muffy

I was thinking of Jan and Dean, remember? 
William Jan Berry (April 3, 1941 – March 26, 2004) and Dean Ormsby Torrence (born March 10, 1940).

I saw Jan and Dean perform on stage about ten years ago.  The crowd loved Jan, he was sitting throughout the performance
and he chimed in on the songs, it was a memorial performance.  I think there is hope for Randy, too! IMO.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Jan_and_Dean

Berry's car wreck and its aftermath: 1966–1968

On April 12, 1966, Berry received severe head injuries in an automobile accident on Whittier Drive, just a short distance from Dead Man's Curve in Beverly Hills, California, two years after the song had become a hit. He was on his way to a business meeting when he crashed his Corvette into a parked truck on Whittier Drive, near the intersection of Sunset Boulevard, in Beverly Hills. He also had separated from his girlfriend of seven years, singer-artist Jill Gibson, later a member of The Mamas & the Papas for a short time, who also had co-written several songs with him. Berry was in a coma for nearly two months; he awoke on the morning of June 16, 1966.

Berry traveled a long and difficult road toward recovery from brain damage and partial paralysis. He had minimal use of his right arm, and had to learn to write with his left hand. Doctors said he would never walk again, but he refused to give up, and ultimately succeeded. Torrence stood by his partner, maintaining their presence in the music industry, and keeping open the possibility that they would perform together again.[43]

more...

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #251 on: November 03, 2013, 03:13:58 PM »

Hi Monkey's, Muffy

I was thinking of Jan and Dean, remember? 
William Jan Berry (April 3, 1941 – March 26, 2004) and Dean Ormsby Torrence (born March 10, 1940).

I saw Jan and Dean perform on stage about ten years ago.  The crowd loved Jan, he was sitting throughout the performance
and he chimed in on the songs, it was a memorial performance.  I think there is hope for Randy, too! IMO.

Berry's car wreck and its aftermath: 1966–1968

On April 12, 1966, Berry received severe head injuries in an automobile accident on Whittier Drive, just a short distance from Dead Man's Curve in Beverly Hills, California, two years after the song had become a hit. He was on his way to a business meeting when he crashed his Corvette into a parked truck on Whittier Drive, near the intersection of Sunset Boulevard, in Beverly Hills. He also had separated from his girlfriend of seven years, singer-artist Jill Gibson, later a member of The Mamas & the Papas for a short time, who also had co-written several songs with him. Berry was in a coma for nearly two months; he awoke on the morning of June 16, 1966.

Berry traveled a long and difficult road toward recovery from brain damage and partial paralysis. He had minimal use of his right arm, and had to learn to write with his left hand. Doctors said he would never walk again, but he refused to give up, and ultimately succeeded. Torrence stood by his partner, maintaining their presence in the music industry, and keeping open the possibility that they would perform together again.[43]

more...

Hi seahorse!!

I agree with you, and I don't think we should count Randy Travis out just yet.      

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #252 on: November 03, 2013, 03:15:02 PM »

http://www.randytravis.com/

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #253 on: December 08, 2013, 01:46:48 PM »

http://apps.collincountytx.gov/cccasesearch/Search.aspx
  MB    Dr. Smiley

The court date is still set according to the above site as of today, is my understanding.

Need to type: Randy Travis, or MB.

I believe on my memory bank Smile  01/06/2014, 9:00 AM. 

Hello Monkeys,

No Trial date, (Church, "dust-up") "pending", meaning, that the former court date (Jan, 2014) has been erased.

The star witness may not be able to testify, this is only a matter of my opinion. Sad

M.B.'s, soap opera, is over, in my opinion.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #254 on: December 09, 2013, 01:37:42 PM »

http://blogs.dallasobserver.com/unfairpark/2013/11/randy_travis_naked_dash-cam_vi.php

Crime

Dash-Cam Video of Randy Travis' Naked DWI Arrest Can't Be Destroyed, Appeals Court Rules

By Eric Nicholson Tue., Nov. 26 2013 at 11:07 AM

11 Comments   
Categories: Crime

But wait. The Texas Department of Public Safety, which has a copy of the video, objected to the judge's order and, on Monday, a state appeals court agreed.

In this case, the attorney general has opined that, while parts of the video were confidential, the remainder of the video was public information and was required to be released. By the clear language of the statute, the trial court would err by ordering relator not to produce this public information. It follows that the trial court erred by ordering relator to destroy it.

That's not to say the dash-cam footage will be released immediately. Travis filed a lawsuit in Travis County seeking to overturn the attorney general's decision that the video has to be made public. But it's comforting to know that it still exists.

I spoke to soon - the soap opera, goes on. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #255 on: December 09, 2013, 02:24:56 PM »

http://www.search.txcourts.gov/SearchMedia.aspx?MediaVersionID=e745783b-54eb-47db-b66d-86e7236e7295&MediaID=52344bbe-fa26-4c0b-9507-2a834ba003fb&coa=%22%20+%20this.CurrentWebState.CurrentCourt%20+%20@%22&DT=Opinion

Mandamus Conditionally Granted; and Opinion Filed November 25, 2013

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #256 on: December 14, 2013, 05:11:37 PM »

http://theboot.com/randy-travis-christmas-on-the-bayou/
Randy Travis Appears in ‘Christmas on the Bayou’
December 13, 2013

Courtesy of Webster & Associates

Randy Travis is set to add to his acting credentials with a part in the Lifetime movie ‘Christmas on the Bayou.’

Travis plays Mr. Greenhall, a local store owner, in the film, which is set to premiere on Saturday (Dec. 14) at 8PM ET. The film also stars ‘One Tree Hill’ alums Hilarie Burton and Tyler Hilton.

The story centers around Burton’s character Katherine, a marketing executive in New York who realizes that her work is taking a toll on her son and decides to go home to the bayou to spend Christmas. Hilton plays Caleb, a former flame of Katherine’s who tries to convince her to move back home. Katherine is struggling with the decision, but will have help from Papa Noel (played by Ed Asner) to make her final choice. More information about the film and a preview are available on Lifetime’s website.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #257 on: December 21, 2013, 05:31:25 PM »

http://theboot.com/randy-travis-grand-ole-opry-induction/
27 Years Ago: Randy Travis Joins the Grand Ole Opry
December 20, 2013

Today is a monumental anniversary for Randy Travis. It was on this date 27 years ago (Dec. 20, 1986) that he became a member of the Grand Ole Opry.

His induction came only six months after the release of ‘Storms of Life,’ his first album on Warner Bros. That record spawned four No. 1 hits, including ‘Diggin’ Up Bones,’ which reached No. 1 only a few weeks before he became a member of the revered organization.

The North Carolina native was honored in 2011 with a star-studded 25th anniversary celebration of his membership in the Grand Ole Opry. Travis was joined for the occasion by Josh Turner, John Anderson and Carrie Underwood, who he invited to become a member of the Opry in 2008.

The ‘Forever and Ever, Amen’ singer also released his ‘Anniversary Celebration’ album in 2011, which featured collaborations with several of country music’s biggest stars — including Brad Paisley, Alan Jackson, Kenny Chesney and George Jones — performing some of Travis’ biggest hits.

To purchase "Anniversary Celebration" album:  $10.99  (Audio CD)

http://www.amazon.com/Randy-Travis-25th-Anniversary-Celebration/dp/B004X1M4XI/ref=sr_1_1?s=music&ie=UTF8&qid=1387200320&sr=1-1&keywords=randy+travis+anniversary+celebration

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #258 on: January 01, 2014, 05:52:51 PM »

December 13, 2013

Randy Travis is set to add to his acting credentials with a part in the Lifetime movie ‘Christmas on the Bayou.’

Travis plays Mr. Greenhall, a local store owner, in the film, which is set to premiere on Saturday (Dec. 14) at 8PM ET. The film also stars ‘One Tree Hill’ alums Hilarie Burton and Tyler Hilton.

The story centers around Burton’s character Katherine, a marketing executive in New York who realizes that her work is taking a toll on her son and decides to go home to the bayou to spend Christmas. Hilton plays Caleb, a former flame of Katherine’s who tries to convince her to move back home. Katherine is struggling with the decision, but will have help from Papa Noel (played by Ed Asner) to make her final choice. More information about the film and a preview are available on Lifetime’s website.

http://www.examiner.com/article/randy-travis-recovering-from-stroke-walking-on-his-own-and-talking

I have nothing conclusive on the story above, just hoping that it is true. 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #259 on: January 02, 2014, 09:31:44 AM »

December 13, 2013

http://www.examiner.com/article/randy-travis-recovering-from-stroke-walking-on-his-own-and-talking

I have nothing conclusive on the story above, just hoping that it is true. 

I hope it's true too, seahorse.  I concur with your caveat of "nothing conclusive", though.  Between the media and possible PR, we just never know unless we see it with our own eyes, and then sometimes I wonder if it's a Jedi mind trick... 

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.