April 19, 2024, 06:00:19 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: TARP - Follow the money? Right....  (Read 1424 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: August 10, 2012, 07:46:11 PM »

This is an excellent interview.  What happened to that TARP money?

"Ex-TARP Watchdog: 'We hit huge resistance from Day 1'"
http://www.foxnews.com/on-air/on-the-record/index.html#/v/1780170123001/ex-tarp-watchdog-we-hit-huge-resistance-from-day-1/?playlist_id=86925

What did the banks actually do with that money? 

Why does it seem like Washington, the Fed, the Treasury, Congress, and the White House give Wall Street, Big Global companies, illegal aliens and foreigners, lazy and greedy able bodied people an endless supply of blank checks?  Here let me give you another $100 billion...not enough?  How about $2 TRILLION.

Who's looking out for Main Street?

In the slave days, the masters ate high on the hog, the rest got the lower bits.  The Obama's don't want anyone eating meat.  Pass another piece of carrot or maybe some greens.

Eric Hovde is running for Senate in Wisconsin.  ONe of his ads had a few words about bailouts.  In Eruope, apparently folks getting a bailout had to resign.  The ones that destroyed the banks weren't allowed to continue in their jobs.  I recall that in China when management does bad tings, they are given capital punishments or they kill themselves first.

What does the job rotation do?  Send more money.  Waste TRILLIONS on foreigners, illegal aliens, big banks, global companies, bad businesses...

What's wrong with this picture?  Who's looking out for everyday people?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: August 10, 2012, 07:54:23 PM »

Too big to fail...break rules...not held to same standards.

What's wrong with this picture? 

Why does Main Street bear the cost of all these failures?

Would it have been better to split Obama's $5 TRILLION among 300 million?  $16,000 each?  Is that a better deal than having given all that money to the banks?

Where does all the money from the Fed really go?  Who gets those TRILLIONS?

Friends?  Families?  The job rotation?

just my humble questions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #2 on: August 10, 2012, 08:28:48 PM »

"Washington abandoned Main Street While Rescuing Wall Street."  - Barofsky

from the book -

I now realize that the American people should lose faith in their government. They should deplore the captured politicians and regulators who took their taxpayer dollars and distributed them to the banks without insisting that they be accountable for how they were spent. They should be revolted by a financial system that rewards failure and protects the fortunes of those who drove the system to the point of collapse and will undoubtedly do so again. They should be enraged by the broken promises to Main Street and the unending protection of Wall Street. Because only with this appropriate and justified rage can we sow the seeds for the types of reform that will one day break our system free from the corrupting grasp of the megabanks. It is my own anger that compelled me to write this book.

How about rage at the endless welfare for illegal aliens?  Jobs for illegals, freebies for illegals, work permits for illegals...when does it end?

http://gawker.com/5932441/ask-former-tarp-official-neil-barofsky-how-the-government-sold-out-citizens-to-bail-out-wall-street

from comments -

Follow neil.barofskyneil.barofsky @grebeck 3 days ago 3 days ago Pretty fucked. But there is a way-out. We need to convince those seeking or trying to retain power that they will not get our votes unless and until they commit to meaningful change of a financial system. Might not work until we are in the grips of another crisis, but worth trying until then.Edit

neil.barofsky @Dismissed 3 days ago 3 days ago When it comes down to the core matter of fighting for and preserving a status quo that maintains the political and economic dominance of the TBTF banks, there is little difference between the two. There are some on both sides of the aisle who are appalled by it, but those running the show have both fought tooth and nail to preserve power. The only substantive difference that I saw between Bush and Obama with respect to what I was doing was one of style, not substance.Edit

a

Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.