March 29, 2024, 06:16:08 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Found Dead in Burning Car in Maine Parking Lot BOTH GUILTY!  (Read 21694 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #40 on: May 14, 2014, 09:29:53 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/13/news/bangor/ex-girlfriends-of-men-charged-in-bangor-triple-murder-reluctantly-take-the-stand/
Posted May 13, 2014, at 6:39 p.m.

Ex-girlfriends of men charged in Bangor triple murder reluctantly take the stand

Chantee Andrews, 33, of Cranston, Rhode Island, who has two children with Sexton, and Patti Pond, 31, of Fall River, Massachusetts, both wept as they answered questions about their relationships with the men. Andrews said she was jealous of the time Sexton spent with Daluz. She told jurors she later learned Sexton sometimes was with other girlfriends when he said he was with Daluz.

Andrews said that she drove to Bangor on Aug. 13, 2012, to pick Sexton up and drive him back to Massachusetts. She said that he seemed upset about something but did not tell her what.

Pond said that she knew nothing about Daluz’s drug deals. She told jurors that he worked as a landscaper and did painting and other odd jobs with Sexton.

With the jury out of the courtroom, Pond said that Daluz told her to be on the lookout for “Nick or one of his people” around their home in Taunton, Massachusetts.

The trial, which began May 1 after 3½ days for jury selection, could last another 2½ to three weeks.

If convicted, Sexton and Daluz face between 25 years and life in prison on each murder charge.

note...no DP in Maine, but 25 years or 'Life' means just that, as there is no Parole in Maine. 

Thank you for the updates on this horrific crime, Nut.    I hope both Sexton and Daluz will be sentenced to "Life", meaning they will spend every day and every night behind bars until they death.  I don't believe two people responsible for a triple homicide and arson (setting fire to the car with bodies in it) are rehabilitation material.  I know I wouldn't want them walking around free even after 25 years.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #41 on: May 21, 2014, 01:45:12 AM »

It sure is Muffy...

Bangor police on the lookout for Katelyn Lugdon, key witness in triple murder trial

BANGOR, Maine — Bangor police were on the lookout Tuesday night for Katelyn Lugdon, a key witness in the triple murder trial of Nicholas Sexton and Randall Daluz.

Lugdon, 19, formerly of Bangor, is the sister of one of the victims and the girlfriend of another. She testified more than two weeks ago after being arrested in Massachusetts on April 29 after she did not appear in Bangor for an interview with prosecutors when subpoenaed.

As of 11 p.m. Tuesday, Lugdon had not been charged with a crime and a warrant had not been issued for her arrest, according to Bangor police.

She was held at the Penobscot County Jail unable to make $25,000 cash bail until after she testified. After taking the stand May 6 in the trial of Sexton and Daluz, Lugdon was release on personal recognizance bail from the Penobscot County Jail under the supervision of Volunteers of America.

Conditions included that she not use drugs and be tested for their use; that she reside at the Shaw House, a homeless shelter for teens in Bangor; that she abide by a curfew and check with her VOA case manager each evening.

snip

Closing arguments and jury instructions were completed Tuesday afternoon. Jurors decided to go home about 5 p.m. and resume deliberations Wednesday morning. Lugdon was not in the courtroom with other relatives of the victims.

Lugdon, 19, was re-arrested the morning of May 9 when she failed a drug test. She was charged with violation of condition of release but released that same afternoon on the same conditions.

Superior Court Justice William Anderson, who is presiding over the trial, threatened to hold Lugdon without bail if she violated her bail conditions again.
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/20/news/bangor/bangor-police-on-the-lookout-for-katelyn-lugdon-key-witness-in-triple-murder-trial/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: May 21, 2014, 01:54:57 AM »

Prosecution, defense attorneys deliver closing arguments in Bangor triple murder trial

BANGOR, Maine — Whether the drug dealer from Rhode Island, the one from Massachusetts or both men are responsible for the deaths of three people in August 2012 is in the hands of the jury.

The six men and six women who have heard nearly three weeks of testimony in the triple murder trial at the Penobscot Judicial Center deliberated for about 20 minutes late Tuesday afternoon before deciding to go home for the night and resume work Wednesday.

Jurors heard testimony from a couple of defense witnesses before spending most of Tuesday listening to closing arguments and instructions.

Assistant Attorney General Lisa Marchese told jurors they did not need to know exactly when or how the victims died the night of Aug. 12, 2012, to find Nicholas Sexton and Randall Daluz guilty of murder and arson.

Attorneys for both defendants said there is enough reasonable doubt in the evidence presented by the state to find Sexton and Daluz not guilty.

“You don’t have to be unanimous in your theories [of how the crime was committed],” Marchese said in her closing argument. “You must be unanimous in your verdict.”

Marchese said Borders and Lugdon were killed for being disloyal to Sexton and buying drugs from other suppliers. Tuscano tragically went along for a ride at the urging of Lugdon, she said.

Sexton’s attorney, Jeffrey Toothaker of Ellsworth, told jurors in his closing arguments that the state was using “poetic license” rather than facts to convict his client. He also said that Sexton told the truth when he took the stand Monday.

Toothaker said the state had presented no proof of a rift between Borders and Sexton or Lugdon and Sexton.

“Poetic license versus actual fact,” Toothaker said. “Ask yourself if it is a fact or the state’s poetic license.”

He also urged jurors to view the circumstances of what happened the night of Aug. 12, 2012, from Sexton’s perspective and ask themselves what they would have done differently.

Daluz’s attorney, Jeffrey Silverstein of Bangor, told jurors that Sexton took the stand because “he saw his ship sinking and decided to take Daluz down with him.”

He also said that the prosecution was trying to convict his client using guilt by association.

“If he was involved, someone would have seen him [with the victims],” he told jurors. “It’s awfully convenient for the prosecution to just use the word ‘they.’”

Silverstein said that the state had to prove that “Daluz did X, and if they can’t do that, then, you’re just not there. That’s reasonable doubt.”

He said no one could place Daluz with the victims.

“There are no eyewitnesses here because they were murdered,” Marchese said in a rebuttal statement to the jury. “For Mr. Silverstein to say that these guys are not guilty because there are no eyewitnesses is just ridiculous.”

Marchese began her closing about 11 a.m., after Daluz said that he would not testify. Sexton took the stand Monday and said Daluz pulled the trigger to shoot the three victims and forced him to torch the car.

Daluz took the opportunity to address the court for the first time during the trial when the judge told him he was not obligated the take the stand. The defendant criticized the judge’s decision to try him and Sexton together instead of separately.

The jury was not in the courtroom during the short conversation.

Daluz called Sexton’s decision to testify “an act of desperation.”

“If I testify, it will look like an act of desperation,” Daluz said.

Marchese said that phone records proved the defendants and the victims were together after 11 p.m. Aug. 12, 2012. The prosecutor told the jury that Sexton and Daluz had been seen with the guns linked to the bullets taken from the bodies of two victims. Marchese also said there had been testimony that Sexton was unhappy that Borders and Lugdon were using a new supplier.

“The state can’t prove who shot who when,” she said. “That’s because the fire worked. It destroyed clues that would have answered those questions.”

Jurors must consider the charges against each defendant separately. Under Maine’s accomplice liability law, both defendants may be found guilty of murder and arson — no matter who pulled the trigger or lit the fire — if one was aware of the other’s intent, the judge said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/20/news/bangor/prosecutor-to-jury-you-dont-have-to-know-exactly-how-when-triple-murder-victims-died-to-find-defendants-guilty/

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: May 24, 2014, 06:34:28 AM »

Still no verdict: Jury in triple murder trial to resume deliberations Tuesday

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/23/news/bangor/triple-murder-trial-jury-deliberations-continue-friday-afternoon-after-more-than-26-hours/

Last modified May 23, 2014, at 10:09 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — Jurors deliberating the fate of two out-of-state men charged in the deaths of three people in August 2012 worked well into Friday night but were unable to come to a decision by the judge’s 10 p.m. deadline, so he ordered them to return to the Penobscot Judicial Center on Tuesday to continue their deliberations.

Superior Court Justice William Anderson said he would have preferred to continue deliberations Saturday, but he decided on Tuesday since two jurors had previous plans for the holiday weekend.

“Be safe and be healthy over the next three days, because we can’t lose any of you,” the judge said. “We can’t proceed with 11 jurors. This is quite unprecedented, really, the combination of a three-day weekend and having jurors deliberate for essentially three days.

“Don’t make up your mind on anything until the deliberations are over,” Anderson said.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: May 29, 2014, 12:26:58 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/28/news/bangor/jury-finds-daluz-guilty-on-all-counts-sexton-on-2-counts-in-bangor-triple-murder/

VIDEO

Posted May 28, 2014, at 1:37 p.m.
Last modified May 28, 2014, at 8:34 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — The month-long trial of two men charged with killing three people and then torching a car containing their bodies came to an end Wednesday when jurors found one of the defendants guilty on all counts of murder and arson and the other guilty on some counts at the Penobscot Judicial Center.

Nicholas Sexton, 33, of Warwick, Rhode Island, was found guilty of the murder of Nicolle Lugdon and of arson, but the jury, after deliberating for nearly 45 hours over five days, could not reach a verdict on the murder counts in connection with the deaths of Daniel Borders and Lucas Tuscano.

The jury found Randall Daluz, 36, of Brockton, Massachusetts, guilty on three counts of murder and one count of arson amid what authorities described as a drug deal gone bad.

The verdict angered Daluz, who spoke to Sexton, seated behind him in court, for the first time during the trial.

“It’s all about yourself,” Daluz said. “It’s all about yourself, bro.”

Sexton showed no emotion as the verdict was read. He did not react to his co-defendant’s outburst.

A sentencing date has not been set. Marchese predicted it would be scheduled for late summer or early fall.

Sexton and Daluz face between 25 years and life in prison for each murder count and up to 30 years in prison on the arson charge.

much more!!!

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: May 29, 2014, 12:39:10 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2014/05/28/news/bangor/jury-member-in-triple-murder-trial-says-she-and-others-on-panel-are-concerned-for-personal-safety/?ref=polbeat

Thursday, May 29, 2014    Last update: 10:59 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — Some jurors who convicted two men for murder and arson in the violent deaths of three people in August 2012 feel concerned for their safety, according to three who spoke with the Bangor Daily News.
During the third day of jury deliberations, Jeffrey Toothaker, Sexton’s defense attorney, said the process was lengthy because one juror disagreed with the rest of the panel.

One juror confirmed Toothaker’s account but offered few details about the deliberations and the nature of the disagreement.

“We talked for days about the same thing with the same people,” she said. “Everybody has the right to make their own decision. Every individual juror’s vote had the same weight.”

Another juror, a man, told the Bangor Daily News: “You can’t always get 12 people to agree.”

All three jurors said the complexity of the case — with two defendants facing a total of eight different criminal charges — also added to the length of deliberations.

“If you look at the charges … you can probably figure out what took so long,” the male juror said.

BIG 

One of the three jurors said she voted to convict both men on all four charges against them.

She added, “I hope they never get out of prison — ever.”
~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

They can't give them death, but I can 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: June 10, 2014, 05:14:27 PM »

Arrest warrant issued for murder trial witness after she failed to appear in Bangor court for bail violation
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/06/10/news/bangor/arrest-warrant-issued-for-murder-trial-witness-after-she-failed-to-appear-in-bangor-court-for-bail-violation/?ref=polbeat

BANGOR, Maine — A superior court justice Tuesday issued a warrant for the arrest of a key witness in a recently completed triple murder trial after she did not show up for arraignment on a bail violation charge at the Penobscot Judicial Center.

Katelyn Lugdon, 19, formerly of Bangor, was charged with failure to appear. Superior Court Justice Robert Murray ordered a warrant be issued for her arrest.

Lugdon is believed to have left the state in mid-May. She was last seen in court May 12.

Bangor police said May 29 that they were not searching actively for Lugdon because no warrant had been issued at the time.

Her court-appointed attorney, Peter Bos of Bangor, told Murray he had not heard from his client in almost a month. Murray set bail at $1,000 cash when and if Lugdon is arrested.

Bangor police don’t plan to actively search for Lugdon, Sgt. Tim Cotton, spokesman for the department, said Tuesday after the judge issued his order. If she were to interact with police in Maine or another state, she would be arrested on the outstanding warrant and most likely returned to Bangor, he said.

If convicted of failure to appear or violation of a condition of release, she faces up to six months in jail and a fine of up to $1,000 on each charge.  snip snip

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: June 19, 2014, 03:45:38 AM »

One of 2 defendants convicted in Bangor triple murder seeks new trial

Posted June 18, 2014, at 3:09 p.m.
Last modified June 18, 2014, at 9:33 p.m.

snipped

Randall Daluz, 36, of Brockton, Mass., is seeking a new trial. His co-defendant, Nicholas Sexton, 33, of Warwick, R.I., is not.

Assistant Attorney General Lisa Marchese, who prosecuted the case with Assistant Attorney General Deb Cashman, has not yet replied to the motion. She said Wednesday in an email that prosecutors would oppose it.

Motions for new trials often are filed in murder trials prior to defendants being sentenced. They are almost always denied but often are the basis for appeals to the Maine Supreme Judicial Court.
A date for a hearing on the motion before Superior Court Justice William Anderson has not been set. In previous cases, Anderson has held hearings on motions for new trials just prior to sentencings. Sentencing dates have not been set. snip snip
http://bangordailynews.com/2014/06/18/news/bangor/one-of-2-defendants-convicted-in-bangor-triple-murder-seeks-new-trial/

Pages: « 1 2 3   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.