March 28, 2024, 02:36:53 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 3 Found Dead in Burning Car in Maine Parking Lot BOTH GUILTY!  (Read 21688 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 13, 2012, 06:46:25 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/found-dead-burned-car-maine-parking-lot-16992409#.UCmBsZEefvw
3 Found Dead in Burning Car in Maine Parking Lot
August 13, 2012

Surveillance videos may shed some light on a fire that engulfed a car with three people inside early Monday, with one video showing a person running from the scene and another showing several vehicles driving by minutes before the fire began.

Stratham Tire manager Jeff Gordon said his surveillance video showed an orange glow just three minutes after vehicles headed in that general direction. The burning car, off camera, was about 100 yards away in a different parking lot.

Another video, from Automatic Distributors, showed a person running away from the location near Target Industrial Circle, an employee told the Bangor Daily News.

The burning car with Rhode Island license plates was reported by a radio announcer who saw flames on her way to work at 3:30 a.m. The intense heat popped the car's tires and burst its windows, leaving behind a blackened hulk.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 14, 2012, 01:49:41 PM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/13/news/bangor/police-3-found-dead-in-bangor-car-fire/?ref=videos
Three found dead in burning car in Bangor; ‘we’re going to solve this,’ police chief says
August 13, 2012

BANGOR, Maine — Police worked well into the night Monday as they sought to identify three people found dead hours earlier inside a badly burned car in the back parking lot of a local business.
“It takes time,” Bangor Police Chief Ron Gastia said as he was leaving the grisly scene Monday afternoon. “We’re still working it.”
 ::snipping2::
Gastia added that even after the victims are identified, detectives will “verify and reverify” the names before they are released.
Police identified the year and make of the car — a white 2001 Pontiac sedan with Rhode Island plates — on Monday night.

Bangor resident Shannon Lee arrived at the scene just before 7 p.m. after speaking with detectives about the father of her daughter. She said she thinks he was in the destroyed car.

“I couldn’t get ahold of him all night and his girlfriend called at like 5:30 a.m.” looking for him, she said. “Someone saw him get into a white Pontiac with Rhode Island plates at a party last night” with another female friend, who is 25 and from Bangor.

The father of her child is 26 and from Levant. She said police have asked that she bring her 7-year-old daughter to the police station on Tuesday so they can get a DNA sample.

“I’ll bring her down for a mouth swab and we’ll see,” Lee said. “I know in my heart that it is him.”

She added that “no one has heard from [the 25-year-old woman].”
No detail is too small to report, the sergeant said. The Rhode Island license plate on the car had the registration number 583-399. Rhode Island State Police said Monday that they do not release vehicle registration information to the public.

Even though the car is registered in the Ocean State, “I’m not saying it’s from Rhode Island,” Edwards said.

Police also spent time Monday reviewing video surveillance images taken by area businesses at the time of the fire.

A person is visible on surveillance images taken from Automatic Distributors, employee Gary Shaw said Monday morning.
Much more...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #2 on: August 16, 2012, 12:47:42 PM »

My eyes are peeled on this one..........

AG’s office takes over burned-car case; Bangor police seek to identify person seen running from fire
Last modified Aug. 15, 2012, at 1:44 p.m
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/14/news/bangor/bangor-police-seek-to-identify-person-in-video-seen-running-from-burning-car/

Photos
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/15/news/bangor/burning-car-deaths-ruled-triple-homicide-police-continue-to-seek-man-who-walked-away/

Last modified Aug. 15, 2012, at 6:57 p.m.
Burning-car deaths ruled triple homicide; police continue to seek man who walked away

BANGOR, Maine — The deaths of three people who were found in a burned-out car earlier this week in Bangor have been ruled a triple homicide, the Maine attorney general’s office said Wednesday.

“The manner is homicide,” said Brenda Kielty, a special assistant in the attorney general’s office. “The cause has not been released and the identities [of the three victims] will be released as soon as they are confirmed.”

The medical examiner is still working to positively confirm the identities of the three people, she said, adding that the names may be released this week but possibly not until next week.

Details about how the three people died are being withheld because they are part of the ongoing investigation, Kielty said.

The attorney general’s office took over the case shortly after the three autopsies were completed Tuesday.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: ::snipping2::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: August 16, 2012, 12:54:31 PM »

IMO it will be solved in short order....

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: August 16, 2012, 01:11:17 PM »

IMO it will be solved in short order....

I hope so.  I'll be watching for your updates Nut. 

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: August 17, 2012, 03:01:26 AM »

Posted Aug. 16, 2012, at 3:34 p.m.
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/16/news/bangor/results-of-dna-testing-awaited-in-triple-homicide-case/

If you scroll down on the links, there are dozens of comments

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 17, 2012, 03:07:01 AM »

Families provide DNA to identify victims of car fire

9:44 AM, Aug 15, 2012

BANGOR, Maine (NEWS CENTER) -- The investigation continues into the three bodies found in a burning car early Monday morning.  While authorities have yet to identify the victims, police have been talking to people who believe their loved ones may be among the victims.

The bodies were taken to Augusta Monday afternoon for autopsies. The Attorney General's office requested that no further information about the identities or the cause of death be released Tuesday. But people we spoke with Tuesday think they know who at least two of the victims are.

A source tells us the three alleged victims attended a gathering at Bolling Drive in Bangor. They were seen getting in the white, 2001 Pontiac sedan. The resident of the apartment confirmed that two of the people that drove off in the car were Daniel Borders and Nicole Lugdon. According to the resident, the passengers were supposed to return in a few minutes, but they never did.  
Bangor Police Sergeant Paul Edwards says he does not expect the identities to be released for at least a few more days. But that has not stopped people from coming to the police station offering a DNA sample to know if it was their family member in that car. 
SNIPPED
http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/210701/2/Families-provide-DNA-to-identify-victims-of-car-fire

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 17, 2012, 03:07:30 AM »

http://www.wlbz2.com/news/article/210849/2/Families-and-friends-friends-wait-for-answers-on-triple-homicide

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: August 17, 2012, 03:16:29 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/search/results.php?q=Dan+Borders&init=public#!/dan.borders.16?sk=wall

Prob. have to copy & paste whole link in to get it to come up
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:19:06 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: August 17, 2012, 03:21:51 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/nicolle.lugdon
« Last Edit: August 17, 2012, 03:24:18 AM by Nut44x4 » Logged

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 18, 2012, 01:12:36 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/17/news/bangor/3-victims-in-burned-out-car-identified/

3 homicide victims in burned-out car identified
Last modified Aug. 17, 2012, at 9:08 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — The state medical examiner’s office has positively identified the three people whose bodies were found early Monday in a car that was left ablaze in the back parking lot of a local business.

Daniel Thomas Borders, 26, of Hermon; Nicolle Ashley Lugdon, 24, of Eddington; and Lucas Alan Tuscano, 28, of Bradford are the three homicide victims, Bangor police Sgt. Paul Edwards announced Friday evening.

“The manner of death has been ruled a homicide and the cause of death is being withheld for investigative purposes,” he said.

Lugdon and Borders both have young daughters, their Facebook pages and friends have said. Little information was available about Tuscano, and attempts to reach family members of Lugdon and Borders were unsuccessful Friday night.

Lugdon’s name was released about 1:20 p.m. Friday by Bangor police because her family is upset that a vigil and fundraising effort are being planned without their consent.

“They think it’s people trying to gain by exploiting their granddaughter,” Edwards said. “The family of Nicolle Lugdon is asking for them to stop.”

A longtime friend of Lugdon, who has been speaking with her family, said Lugdon was positively identified earlier this week by a metal plate in her arm.

The Maine attorney general’s office took over the case shortly after the three autopsies were completed Tuesday and announced Wednesday that the three people in the car died by someone else’s hand. Brenda Kielty, a special assistant in the attorney general’s office, said Friday that she could not answer questions about whether investigators have identified a person of interest in the triple homicide.

Police are searching for a person seen on video surveillance images from Automatic Distributors walking away from the burning car.

“The investigation is progressing and we’re moving forward,” Lt. Tim Reid, who leads the Bangor Police Department’s detective division, said Friday.

Reid also said he could not disclose whether the department has identified a person of interest.

Friends of Lugdon and Borders gathered at the scene of the car fire Monday night after talking to Bangor police detectives. They said they feared that their friends were dead because they got into a white Pontiac with Rhode Island plates after leaving a birthday party early Monday and afterward no one was able to get in touch with them.

Lugdon’s sister was dating Borders, according to their friends and to the Facebook pages of the sister and Borders.

The car found ablaze was identified by police as a white 2001 Pontiac with Rhode Island plates.

While police have not mentioned drugs in connection with the triple homicide, Borders and Lugdon both have drug convictions, according to court listings printed in the Bangor Daily News.

Borders’ criminal history includes convictions for unlawful possession of scheduled drugs in September 2009, assault in December 2010 and a Massachusetts arrest for trafficking in cocaine in June 2009.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 20, 2012, 04:21:16 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/19/news/bangor/victims-of-triple-homicides-last-moments-traced/

Victims of triple homicide’s last moments traced
Posted Aug. 19, 2012, at 7:57 p.m.
Last modified Aug. 19, 2012, at 10:33 p.m

BANGOR, Maine — While police continue to investigate who is responsible for taking the lives of three people found last week in a car that was left ablaze in a dark parking lot, friends and loved ones of the victims piece together the last moments of their lives.

They all say Daniel T. Borders, 26, of Hermon, Nicolle A. Lugdon, 24, of Eddington, and Lucas A. Tuscano, 28, of Bradford — the three homicide victims — were at a small gathering in Bangor and left together in a white Pontiac with Rhode Island plates.

The car was driven by an out-of-state man who comes to Maine on occasion, always in a rental car, the victims’ friends said, using his name, which the Bangor Daily News is withholding because he has not been charged with any crime.

The out-of-state man, who knew Lugdon and Borders, reportedly knocked on the front door of the apartment about 1 a.m. on Aug. 13 and left with the three homicide victims, possibly to go smoke marijuana.

“I don’t know what the hell happened after they left,” the man who hosted the small gathering said, adding he and his family are no longer living at that residence.

The man driving the rental car came to pick up Borders. Lugdon, who wanted to smoke, reportedly invited herself and Tuscano followed her.
 “Luke doesn’t even know these people [who hosted the gathering], but he was there just to hang out with Nikki,” said Bangor resident Tiffany Sutherland, who said she left the small party of five people about an hour before the out-of-state visitor arrived. “She’s the only one he knew there, so he went with her.
 ::snipping2:: ::snipping2:: more.....

No arrest had been made as of Sunday evening, Sgt. Bob Bishop said.   ::snipping2::  more

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #12 on: August 20, 2012, 11:33:51 AM »

Reminds me of this case....
http://scaredmonkeys.net/index.php?topic=12780.0
Topic: Jerry Perdomo, 31, firefighter, msg Bangor, ME (body found)

He was renting a car and driving to Maine once a month.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 21, 2012, 04:14:23 PM »

Bangor triple homicide investigation leaves state, police say

Last modified Aug. 21, 2012, at 3:03 p.m.

BANGOR, Maine — Detectives trying to find out who is responsible for the deaths of three people found a week ago in a car that was left ablaze in a dark parking lot are following out-of-state leads, Bangor Sgt. Paul Edwards said Tuesday.

At the same time, rumors circulating that the three were on a hit list has friends and relatives of the homicide victims running scared that they too may be on the list, the sergeant said.

“I can tell you we’ve gone out of state,” Edwards said of the investigation, but declined to release where specifically, saying only that detectives are following leads somewhere in New England.

No arrests have been made, he said.

The car was driven by an out-of-state man who comes to Maine on occasion, always in a rental car, the victims’ friends have said, using his name, which the Bangor Daily News is withholding because he has not been charged with any crime.

The out-of-state man, who friends say knew Lugdon and Borders, reportedly knocked on the front door of a Bangor apartment about 1 a.m. on Aug. 13 and left with the three homicide victims, possibly to go smoke marijuana.

Police are not saying if they have interviewed the out-of-state man.

“I can’t answer that,” Edwards said.

Whether the person in the video is the same man who picked up Borders, Lugdon and Tuscano is a question that police are trying to answer. While Bangor continues to be the lead investigative agency, the Maine attorney general’s office took over the case shortly after the medical examiner determined that the deaths were homicides.

Bangor police have partnered with Maine State Police detectives and investigators from the state fire marshal’s office, all of whom continue to probe the triple homicide, Edwards said.

Friends of the victims have called police about reports that there is a hit list, he said.

“People are saying it on Facebook,” Edwards said. “We’ve heard that there is a list. I have no idea if there is or not.”

A friend of Lugdon, whose sister was dating Borders, called police about the rumored hit list.

“She’s is convinced there is a list and she’s on it,” the sergeant said.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/21/news/bangor/bangor-triple-homicide-investigation-leaves-state-police-say/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: August 25, 2012, 06:15:39 PM »

First of three funerals for Bangor homicide victims held Saturday

Friends and family of Lucas A. Tuscano release balloons into the air following the memorial service for him at Charleston Town Hall on Saturday afternoon, Aug. 25, 2012.

The medical examiner has deemed their deaths a triple homicide, but are not releasing how Tuscano, Lugdon and Borders died. Their killer has yet to be arrested, Bangor police Sgt. Jim Buckley said Saturday afternoon.

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/25/news/bangor/first-of-three-funerals-for-bangor-homicide-victims-held-saturday/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 09:38:10 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/26/news/bangor/funeral-services-held-for-victims-of-bangor-triple-homicide/
Last modified Aug. 26, 2012, at 8:46 p.m.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: September 01, 2012, 03:11:03 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/31/news/bangor/bangor-police-chief-still-confident-triple-homicide-will-be-solved/

Bangor police chief still confident triple homicide will be solved

Posted Aug. 31, 2012, at 4:12 p.m.
BANGOR, Maine — As the investigation into a triple homicide nears the end of its third week, Bangor Police Chief Ron Gastia still is certain the killer or killers will be caught.

“I am very confident that this case will be solved,” Gastia said Friday in an email. “Progress continues to be made, and this case will continue to be a priority until the responsible person or persons are identified and charged.”

The person driving the car was caught by video surveillance cameras walking away from the burning car. Police are tight-lipped about who they believe was driving the out-of-state car and whether they have interviewed the person.

“I can’t give you that,” Bangor police Detective Sgt. Paul Kenison said Friday. “We would be premature to throw out any names or people of interest.”

Police also are not releasing how the three homicide victims were killed, whether they were dead before the fire was started, and whether an accelerant was used to burn the car, the detective said. “We never talk about evidence.”
 ::snipping2::   more.......

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: September 01, 2012, 03:12:50 AM »

Victim in car fire struggled with family tragedy, drug use

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/08/31/news/bangor/victim-in-car-fire-struggled-with-family-tragedy-drug-use/

BANGOR, Maine — In the estimation of many who were close to her, Nicolle Ashley Lugdon never really had a chance.

Despite athletic talent, intelligence, a sparkling personality and natural beauty, the Bangor-born Eddington resident’s life offered too many obstacles for her to conquer.

“Essentially, my belief is that Nicolle had amazingly difficult odds and struggles to overcome,” said Lisa Melendez, Lugdon’s paternal aunt. “I don’t see how you can see her as anything but a victim.”

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 12, 2012, 09:32:59 AM »

MDEA assisting in month-old Bangor triple homicide
9-12-12

BANGOR, Maine — It has been a month since the horrific triple homicide that left three people in their 20s burned beyond recognition inside a car that was left ablaze, and investigators are now saying the case may have something to do with drugs.

Bangor police continue to search for the killer or killers and have asked the Maine Drug Enforcement Agency for assistance, Bangor police Detective Sgt. Paul Kenison said Tuesday.

“It’s a complex and very involved investigation,” he said. “We’ve been working with a lot of different agencies — they are one of them.”

Kenison would not say what the MDEA is doing to assist in the homicide investigation and he directed all questions to the drug agency’s division commander for northern Maine, who also declined to discuss the case.

No arrests have been made in the triple homicide and investigators are still unwilling to say if they have identified a person or persons of interest, Kenison said.

::snipping2:: ::snipping2::
http://bangordailynews.com/2012/09/11/news/bangor/mdea-assisting-in-month-old-bangor-triple-homicide/

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 29, 2012, 09:31:11 AM »

http://bangordailynews.com/2012/09/28/news/bangor/fugitive-31-sought-in-bangor-triple-homicide/

Fugitive, 31, sought in Bangor triple homicide
Posted Sept. 28, 2012, at 9:39 p.m.
BANGOR, Maine — Police are searching for a 31-year-old man in connection with the slayings of three people whose charred bodies were found in a burned-out car in Bangor in August.

Nicholas J. Sexton, 31, address unknown, is wanted on a fugitive from justice warrant for a triple homicide in Maine, according to a police log issued Thursday by the Brockton (Mass.) Police Department and obtained by the Bangor Daily News. Brockton Police Department dispatcher Robin Bell confirmed the information on the police log Friday afternoon.

“He’s a fugitive wanted on a signal 25, times three,” Bell said during a telephone interview. “Signal 25 is murder. It’s a triple murder.”

The Brockton police log does not say which law enforcement agency requested the fugitive from justice warrant for Sexton, except to say it’s from Maine.

“Maine wanted us to go pick him up,” Bell said. “We didn’t get him.”
 ::snipping2::  more

Sexton, who friends say knew Lugdon and Borders, reportedly knocked on the front door of a Bangor apartment about 1 a.m. on Aug. 13 and left with the three homicide victims, possibly to go smoke marijuana.

“We don’t know what the hell happened after they left,” the man who hosted the small gathering has said.

Sexton is no stranger to violence or drugs, according to a background check done by the Maine State Bureau of Identification and court listings printed in the Bangor Daily News.

He stabbed a 35-year-old Bangor man in the neck early on July 31, 2005, in the parking lot of the Leadbetters Mini Stop at the corner of Hammond and Ohio streets in Bangor, the BDN archives state.

The victim was treated at Eastern Maine Medical Center and released the next day. Sexton was indicted by the Penobscot County grand jury for elevated aggravated assault in September 2005 and was on the lam until December 2005, when he was picked up for seven outstanding warrants for violating conditions of release.

Sexton was convicted in Penobscot County Superior Court in March 2006 of elevated aggravated assault and sentenced to prison for eight years, with all but two years suspended. He was placed on probation for two years after he left prison and was ordered to pay $3,213 in restitution.

He also was convicted of three counts of violating his conditions of release and ordered to prison for one year for each count, to run concurrently with the assault sentence.

Sexton was arrested again for drug possession in early 2008, apparently shortly after he was discharged from prison. He was sentenced for that offense in April 2008 in Penobscot County Superior Court to 90 days in jail and a $400 fine.

Sexton’s last known address, according to the background check, was Rochester, Mass. The Plymouth County Correctional Facility, which covers the community of Rochester, had no listing of a Sexton picked up this week, a jail official said Friday.

Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.