March 29, 2024, 04:58:26 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Jake Kimbley 2 Years Old Missing 8/21/2012 Smith County Texas (Near Winona) Found Deceased  (Read 14403 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: August 30, 2012, 06:14:36 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/19421674/jake-kimbleys-parents-indicted-on-child-endangerment-charges

BREAKING NEWS
Jake Kimbley's parents indicted on child endangerment charges

Posted: Aug 30, 2012 4:21 PM CDT
Updated: Aug 30, 2012 4:54 PM CDT
By Elizabeth Thomas - email

David Kimbley. (Source: Gregg County Jail)

Sabrina Kimbley. (Source: MySpace)

Sabrina and David Kimbley in cuffs in a Smith County courtroom on Thursday.

SMITH COUNTY, TX (KLTV) -
The parents of toddler Jake Kimbley, whose body was found inside  a septic tank near his family's home, are facing charges.

David and Sabrina Kimbley have been indicted on child endangerment charges.

Both David and Sabrina are charged with 13 counts of child endangerment for the living children.

Each of the 26 total counts are state jail felonies.

The bond on each indictment is $100,000.

Both David and Sabrina refused the court-appointed attorney. Sabrina's attorney remains Reeve Jackson.

Jake went missing last Tuesday afternoon. He was found last Wednesday morning around 1:30 in his family's septic tank, about 15 feet behind the house in the woods.

The autopsy results on Kimbley have come back twice as pending. More conclusive results are expected in about a month.

CPS took five children living in the Kimbley home into state custody last week. A routine hearing to determine what kind of rights the Kimbleys have to the remaining children will be Thursday afternoon.

The investigation into the capital murder of Jake Kimbley is still underway.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: August 30, 2012, 07:06:00 PM »

Fly with the angels, Jake.  Maybe your death will in some way lead to a better life for your siblings.   an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 04, 2012, 07:11:21 PM »

Fly with the angels, Jake.  Maybe your death will in some way lead to a better life for your siblings.   an angelic monkey

Well said.   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #23 on: September 06, 2012, 12:14:53 PM »

All the articles I have read still say the autopsy is still pending.
 ::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: September 07, 2012, 05:46:51 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/19486888/child-custody-hearing-held-for-kimbley-parents

Child custody hearing held for Kimbley parents

Posted: Sep 07, 2012 3:55 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 07, 2012 3:56 PM CDT

David Kimbley. (Source: Smith County Jail)

Sabrina Kimbley. (Source: Smith County Jail)

The parents of two-year-old Jake Kimbley, whose body was found in a septic tank behind his family's home just hours after he was reported missing, were in court Friday for a custody hearing on the remaining five living children.

David and Sabrina Kimbley, who are both held in the Smith County Jail, were denied access to their children in court on Friday.

The Kimbleys were also denied possessory conservatorship, which would've allowed them to retain legal rights to their children and allowed them to communicate with the kids.

The presiding judge, Judge Carole Clark said if the parents had possessory conservatorship, it would endanger the children. She continued that it was in the best interest of the kids to remain in foster care.

Matt Thigpen, an attorney working on the case says the decision is temporary, and the Kimbleys will have another custody hearing in about a month.

A second attorney working on the case, Cameron Castleberry says a man who lives out-of-state took part in the hearing by phone. Castleberry says he is the biological father of one of the Kimbely's children.

Attorneys say the out-of-state man is being considered as a possible placement alternative for the one child.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #25 on: September 07, 2012, 06:03:43 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/19486888/child-custody-hearing-held-for-kimbley-parents

Child custody hearing held for Kimbley parents

Posted: Sep 07, 2012 3:55 PM CDT
Updated: Sep 07, 2012 3:56 PM CDT

David Kimbley. (Source: Smith County Jail)

Sabrina Kimbley. (Source: Smith County Jail)

The parents of two-year-old Jake Kimbley, whose body was found in a septic tank behind his family's home just hours after he was reported missing, were in court Friday for a custody hearing on the remaining five living children.

David and Sabrina Kimbley, who are both held in the Smith County Jail, were denied access to their children in court on Friday.

The Kimbleys were also denied possessory conservatorship, which would've allowed them to retain legal rights to their children and allowed them to communicate with the kids.

The presiding judge, Judge Carole Clark said if the parents had possessory conservatorship, it would endanger the children. She continued that it was in the best interest of the kids to remain in foster care.

Matt Thigpen, an attorney working on the case says the decision is temporary, and the Kimbleys will have another custody hearing in about a month.

A second attorney working on the case, Cameron Castleberry says a man who lives out-of-state took part in the hearing by phone. Castleberry says he is the biological father of one of the Kimbely's children.

Attorneys say the out-of-state man is being considered as a possible placement alternative for the one child.

BBM Why did this hearing even take place if both parents are still in jail?  Waste of taxpayers' money for the public defenders, and the court's time.  As a resident of the State of Texas, I object!  Like anyone cares what I think.   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: September 07, 2012, 08:41:22 PM »

Oh Flutter....you know these two scum buckets have more rights than us or those poor little babies!  Thank God someone had sense enough to keep them away from them.  I'm sending a telekinetik(?) message to other inmates to take both of them to dirty toilets and help them "swim" in them head first.  That poor little boy...I  would have taken him.  You know, if I could, I do believe I would take in ANY stray animal and definitely ANY child that needed me!  Guess I need to start playing the FL lottery.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: September 08, 2012, 10:40:38 AM »

I have been looking for statistics on how many people die accidentally in septic tanks a year.  I found the number 50 from this sourcehttp://www.beasleyfirm.com/personal-injury/the-family-of-a-toddler-that-died-after-falling-into-a-septic-tank-due-to-faulty-lid-cover-awarded-21-million/, but I am not sure where the author came up with it.  In all the reports that I found of children dying "accidentally" in septic tanks, there was some defect in the system which allowed the child to fall through to the actual tank.  Sometimes the lids  had been removed or had cracked; sometimes the concrete tank lid or the pipes leading to it had large breaks in them. 

The point is that these systems had major flaws in them which the parents of children living on the property should have been aware of and corrected.  Even if Jake fell into such a system, his death IMHO would be considered gross neglect on the part of his parents for allowing such a hazard to exist.   

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #28 on: September 17, 2012, 10:35:13 AM »

I have been looking for statistics on how many people die accidentally in septic tanks a year.  I found the number 50 from this sourcehttp://www.beasleyfirm.com/personal-injury/the-family-of-a-toddler-that-died-after-falling-into-a-septic-tank-due-to-faulty-lid-cover-awarded-21-million/, but I am not sure where the author came up with it.  In all the reports that I found of children dying "accidentally" in septic tanks, there was some defect in the system which allowed the child to fall through to the actual tank.  Sometimes the lids  had been removed or had cracked; sometimes the concrete tank lid or the pipes leading to it had large breaks in them. 

The point is that these systems had major flaws in them which the parents of children living on the property should have been aware of and corrected.  Even if Jake fell into such a system, his death IMHO would be considered gross neglect on the part of his parents for allowing such a hazard to exist.   
Thanks for the info on the septic tanks.  Having lived in the country most of my life, I am aware of the dangers and was made aware of the dangers as a small child.  It is unfortunate, well more than unfortunate, that many parents today do not think about being parents and the safety of their children.  That is learned behavior and somehow they missed or weren't paying attention to those lessons.
Rest in peace Jake.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: May 18, 2013, 02:58:56 PM »

http://www.kltv.com/story/22280896/plea-agreement-reached-for-sabrina-kimbleyplea-agreement-reached-for-sabrina-kimbley-sentenced-to-4-years-in-prison

Parents of ETX boy found dead in septic tank sentenced on other charges

Posted: May 17, 2013 9:13 AM CDT
Updated: May 17, 2013 6:27 PM CDT
By Melanie Torre - bio | email

Friday, the parents of an East Texas boy found dead in a septic tank last summer pleaded guilty to child endangerment. They will serve four years in jail.

The charges and jail time are not related to the on-going investigation into their son, Jake Kimbley's, death. More charges could be filed later in connection to the Jake's case.

Nine months after being arrested on child endangerment charges, David and Sabrina Kimbley entered a plea agreement and admitted their guilt.

Sabrina and her husband David, of Winona, were each charged with 13 counts of child endangerment.

The Kimbleys pleaded guilty to two different agreements. In the first agreement, which consisted of four charges, they were sentenced to two years for each charge, to run concurrently. In the second agreement, which involves only one charge, they were sentenced to another two years in a state jail facility. That term will run consecutively to the first agreement, leaving the Kimbleys with a total sentence of four years.

The couple will receive credit for the 9 months they've been in jail toward their four-year sentence total. The couple will not be eligible for parole. 

Video from inside the Kimbley home where the children were living shows roaches crawling on food in the pantry, on the walls and in the oven.

"You look at these conditions they were living in and... they're children... you wish you could get more time, but that's the maximum the law provides for," says Smith County District Attorney Matt Bingham.

Because the Kimbleys were charged with multiple counts of child endangerment, which is a state jail felony, the maximum jail time they could get under the law is two years. If all the charges were tried in court together, the two-year sentences would have run concurrently, meaning all at the same time. In the plea docket agreement, the district attorney's office split the charges up and asked those sentences to be served one after the other.

"We did get the maximum, plus the maximum and that's what we were trying to achieve, to protect the children, [to] make sure they would not go back with those families and that they would be prosecuted to the maximum," says Bingham.

The Kimbleys have not been charged with anything related to Jake's death. District attorney Matt Bingham says that case is a work in progress.

"We're going to make sure that we pursue it, that the case is active and when we feel like we have enough evidence to go forward, then we will," Bingham says.

Bingham says his office only has one shot at prosecuting Jake's case and he isn't going to file charges before they have the evidence to back them up. Some of that evidence could come from the only witnesses when Jake went missing, the children.

"You always hope that when the children get into another home, where they're out of this environment, they know that they're protected... that if the children do know something, that they'll come forward at some point," Bingham says.

The Kimbley's parental rights were terminated in a hearing with the Department of Family and Protective Services. One of the children is reportedly happy and living with his biological father. The other four children are in foster care awaiting a permanent home.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 18, 2013, 09:26:07 PM »

I hope all the children will be placed in good, loving, permanent homes.  May there be justice for little Jake.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #31 on: May 19, 2013, 04:32:34 AM »

an angelic monkey

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.