April 28, 2024, 06:08:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Julie Peters, 22 yrs old missing from Peoria, Ill. 9/28/13/ Body Found  (Read 3892 times)
BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« on: October 04, 2013, 01:17:46 PM »

http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/Friends-family-and-volunteers-search-for-missing-Edwards-woman-226045081.html

10/1/13

CHILLICOTHE, Ill. -- What was supposed to be a weekend wedding celebration turned into a nightmare for an Edwards family.

Peoria County Sheriff's deputies are investigating the disappearance of Julie Peters, 22. Friends and volunteers spent several hours on Tuesday looking for the mother of two

She hasn't shown up to work for the past two days and Julie never misses work ever,” said Peters’ friend Abby Maurer. “If anything she's the person volunteering to pick up extra shifts. She's a good mother. She wouldn't just abandon her children, never."

Maurer said calls to Peters’ cell phone have gone to voice mail and friends have also tried unsuccessfully to get a response from her on Facebook. They said it is unclear what happened after she left Chillicothe.

Julie Peters was last seen at the American Legion Saturday night when she left a wedding reception between 10:30 p.m. and 11 pm.

BabsKats
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: October 04, 2013, 01:23:27 PM »

http://www.cinewsnow.com/news/local/Julie-Peters-now-missing-4-days-search-continues--226164201.html

Updated Oct 2, 2013 at 7:42 PM CDT

She was last seen four days ago, at a wedding reception Saturday night. She left the American Legion in Chillicothe sometime between 10:30 and 11:00 pm.

Officials at the Peoria County Sheriff's Department said they are actively investigating her disappearance and they have no new information to release at this time.

Friends and family are now asking for you help.

"She lived in Edwards, she may have left Chillicothe to go to Edwards," said Abby Maurer, Peters' friend. "Check just anywhere over the guard rails, anywhere that looks like there is grass that's been flattened out or trees missing or anything. Just take a minute and get out of your car and just look."

Stacy Peters, Julie's sister said the entire family is taking it hard and asks for the public's help as well.

"If you have any information please either call the Peoria Police Department or Chillicothe Police Department or call 911 if you see her or her car," Peters said.

Julie Peters is about 5'6", 130 pounds and has brown hair and hazel eyes.

She was driving a silver 2006 Chevy Impala with license plate P507471.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #2 on: October 04, 2013, 02:25:28 PM »

Hope they find her soon. Prayers for her family & friends. So sad

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #3 on: October 31, 2013, 06:26:01 AM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57606739-504083/julie-peters-update-body-found-in-river-idd-as-that-of-missing-ill-mother-drowning-likely-cause-of-death-coroner-says/

October 9, 2013 2:39 PM PrintText
Julie Peters Update: Body found in river ID'd as that of missing Ill. mother, drowning likely cause of death, coroner says

CHILLICOTHE, Ill. - A body found inside a vehicle in the Illinois River in Chillicothe, Ill. on Monday is that of Julie Peters, a 23-year-old mother who went missing after leaving a wedding reception on Sept. 28, a corner confirmed Tuesday, reports CBS affiliate WMBD.

The coroner said the body showed no signs of trauma and drowning is likely the cause of death, reports the Peoria Journal Star.

Toxicology tests are pending and results are expected within two to three weeks, reports the paper.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: November 01, 2013, 10:52:33 AM »

It sounds like Julie Peters vehicle left the road and went into the river.  Very sad.    I can hear radio page outs for our local fire and rescue  and I'm amazed  at the number of single vehicles leaving the roadway, sometimes rolling over, sometimes striking a tree or guardrail and sometimes going into a ravine or water.  I think it only takes a few seconds of inattention, bad road condtions etc., and lives are changed for ever. 

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.