March 28, 2024, 02:11:38 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabrielle "Gabbiee" Swainson 15, Missing from SC Home 8/18/12(Body Found)  (Read 101530 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: August 23, 2012, 08:34:02 AM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/198347/2/Deputies-Search-for-Missing-15-Year-Old-
Deputies Search for Gabrielle Swainson, Missing 15-Year-Old
August 20, 2012

Gabrielle Swainson

Richland County, SC (WLTX) - Richland County deputies are searching for a missing 15-year-old.

Officers say Gabrielle Swainson disappeared between 3 a.m. and 7:30 am. on August 18th from her home. The girl's mother said when she returned home from work at 7:30 AM Saturday morning her daughter was missing.

Sheriff Leon Lott says they have no signs of foul play, but says the information our investigators have complied about her and the situation are not traditional temperaments of a runaway.
More...

Video and Comments at Link
« Last Edit: August 08, 2013, 07:47:24 PM by klaasend » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: August 23, 2012, 08:38:06 AM »

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/22/2406895/deputies-looking-for-missing-teen.html#.UDYiH6DBnIU
Search goes on for missing Ridge View cheerleader
August 22, 2012

The search continues for a Ridge View High School cheerleader who went missing Saturday from her Northeast Richland home.

Fifteen-year-old Gabrielle Swainson hasn’t been seen since her mother went to the office early, around 3 a.m. Saturday, Richland County deputies say.

While investigators say there were no signs of foul play, they say her disappearance does not bear similarities with a typical runaway teen.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: August 23, 2012, 08:41:00 AM »

http://www.charlotteobserver.com/2012/08/23/3472842/search-for-missing-cheerleader.html
Search for missing cheerleader intensifies
August 23, 2012

::snipping2::
 Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott has activated his major crimes unit – a team of veteran investigators, replacing the missing persons unit that initially handled the case. He said Wednesday he is highly concerned about the 15-year-old girl’s vanishing with no trace.

“We’ve put our best people on this,” Lott said in an interview. “We’re going to work this like it’s something bad, in hopes that it turns out to be something good.”

Gabrielle hasn’t been seen since her mother, Elvia Swainson, a single mom, left her in their two-story house at 221 Tamara Way alone on Saturday and went to work early, around 3 a.m., Richland County deputies said. Gabrielle is her only child.

When the mother came back shortly after 7 a.m. Saturday, she heard her daughter’s alarm going off in her second-floor bedroom. But her daughter wasn’t in the house.

Tara Swainson said that was the first time that Elvia Swainson had left her daughter alone in the house that early in the morning. “She and Gabbiee stayed up really late, watching movies, riding out a thunderstorm that night.” Gabrielle was sleeping in her second-story bedroom when her mother left, Tara Swainson said.

“The one time she decides to go to the office in the wee hours of the morning, this tragic thing happens,” Tara Swainson said. The mother went into the office to catch up on some back work she was worried about, she said.
The family’s house, located in the 100-house North Crossing neighborhood, is within a mile of the Village at Sandhill mall. The neighborhood also backs up to the sprawling, mostly undeveloped Clemson Institute for Economic and Community Development campus off Clemson Road.

Sheriff’s investigators have combed the house for clues, canvassed the neighborhood, checked out nearby empty homes, talked to neighbors and Gabrielle’s friends and conducted phone searches and social media searches, Lott said.

Gabrielle’s purse and identification were still in the house. The only thing missing is her cellphone. There were no signs the Swainson house was broken into.

“Everything about this case concerns me,” Lott said.

Lott declined to talk about the cellphone that Swainson was believed to have with her. Modern cellphones contain technology that enables law enforcement to locate the devices.

Lott did say, “There is nothing to indicate that she voluntarily left home.”
For several days, Swainson’s friends, classmates and church have handed out fliers, started Twitter alerts (#FindGabby and #FindGabs) and set up a Facebook page, www.facebook.com/ findGabbiee.

Elvia Swainson has hired a private investigator, Chandra Cleveland-Jennings, who is a former member of the Richland County Sheriff’s Department. Elvia Swainson could not be reached Wednesday.
More...

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #3 on: August 23, 2012, 09:50:09 AM »

Thank you Muffy!
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: August 23, 2012, 10:05:17 AM »

Really, Really wanna know more about the cell phone!  I rang through the first time and went straight to vm the second time.  That does give LE some place to start triangulation!  I do trust the Mom only a little because she did hire a PI.  But...this is the first time ever working this time of morn so who could have been watching her at that time other than someone in her immed area?  Not a soul unless she left on her own or Mom announced her plans to the wrong ears!  Handyman had been in home helping with floors and things.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: August 23, 2012, 10:07:13 AM »

Sorry, some of my info came from last nights JVM.

http://www.cnnstudentnews.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/ijvm.html
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: August 23, 2012, 03:13:09 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1208/22/ijvm.01.html
JANE VELEZ-MITCHELL

Mom Hires Detective to Search for Missing Cheerleader, 15

Aired August 22, 2012 - 19:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

And tonight, was a beautiful young cheerleader snatched right from her home? Gabby Swainson`s mom came home early Saturday morning to her daughter`s alarm clock going off, only her daughter was nowhere to be found. Mom and police say she is not a runaway. We`re getting to the bottom of this mystery tonight with Gabby`s mom and her private eye. Live next.

(BEGIN VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL (voice-over): Tonight, the frantic search for a beautiful missing cheerleader. It`s a torturous mystery. Fifteen-year-old Gabrielle Swainson`s mom had to go to the office in the middle of the night. When she came home, Gabby was gone. No signs of forced entry. Only her cell phone missing. So what happened to this gorgeous teen? Tonight, I`ll talk live to her distraught mother and the private investigator she`s hired.

ELVIA SWAINSON, GABBY`S MOM: I believe she is still alive.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hundreds of volunteers are going door to door.

SWAINSON: I have to bring my baby home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: To make sure they recognize and remember this face of missing 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson.

SWAINSON: At this point, nothing. The phone is going to -- goes straight to voice mail.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The girl whose mother has no clue how her daughter vanished or where she is.

SWAINSON: I didn`t see on her bed -- and I panicked. I froze at that moment.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: She came home from work around 7 a.m. Saturday morning to Gabby`s alarm clock going off, but no Gabby.

SWAINSON: At night I can`t even sleep. I am driving around in my car, yelling her name out.

(END VIDEOTAPE)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Good evening. I`m Jane Velez-Mitchell, coming to you live.

Tonight a frantic mom in South Carolina finds herself in the middle of a terrifying mystery. Where is her 15-year-old daughter? Elvia Swainson is my exclusive guest tonight.

When she left for work around 3:45 in the morning Saturday, her daughter Gabby was sound asleep in her bed. When Mom returned about four hours later, Gabby`s alarm clock was going off, but her bed was empty. Gabby had vanished without a trace. Everything she might need -- we`re talking clothes, purse, wallet -- were all left behind except for her cell phone. Police tell us there were no signs of forced entry, no signs of foul play at the home whatsoever. Neither Gabby`s mom nor police believe she ran away.

Here is Gabby on stage with her band. We`re going to show that to you in a moment.

So where is this beautiful teenager who was excited to begin her sophomore year of high school tomorrow? I want your thoughts. Help us out here. Call me: 1-877-JVM-SAYS, 1-877-586-7297.

Straight out to my exclusive guest, Elvia Swainson.

Elvia, thank you for joining us tonight. Our hearts go out to you. We want to be helpful. I cannot imagine what these last few days have been like for you. So let me begin with this question. What has this been like for you? What are you going through?

SWAINSON: I feel like I am in a -- still in a dream, actually, and I haven`t awakened from that dream yet. I am -- my heart is torn out. Everyone is telling me to continue to be strong, and I`m continuing to try to be strong every single day.

The only strength I can pull from this is from the good Lord above. He`s giving me the strength to continue to try to search for my daughter.

Every day is a new agenda, what strategies I can, you know, think of to get going and find my daughter and bring her home.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Let`s jump into that. Let`s jump into that. You last saw your daughter Gabby early Saturday. You say you gave Gabby her cell phone before leaving for work at about 3:45 a.m. You told us Gabby`s alarm goes off every morning at 5:45.

So first of all, let me try to get a sense here. Where do you go at 3:45? You`re going to work Saturday. You come home at 7:30, and why would Gabby have her alarm set for 5:45, if that`s a Saturday? Is there a particular reason why she wanted to wake up that early on Saturday?

SWAINSON: I only believe that her alarm clock is set already. We normally -- sometimes we go to church on -- the first service at our church, which is at 7, and she does take an hour to get dressed. So I can only think -- the only think I can think of is that she may have gotten her days mixed up and had already set the alarm clock. Because she is not a procrastinator. She would do things way in advance. And so I don`t know if she purposely set it for Sunday, or if she mistakenly set it for Sunday morning.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Now you and police agree, Gabby doesn`t fit the profile of a runaway, not in her behavior, her demeanor. Look, she had lots to look forward to. She just made the cheerleading squad, which, gosh, all you women who go for that want to -- that`s a huge victory.

She had her clothes, her backpack ready. She was excited to start her sophomore year. Tomorrow she was supposed to start. So my question to you: did she have any friends that you were concerned about? Did she have a boyfriend? Was there anybody else in the house? Can you hit all those questions? Because we want to -- we want to cover all the bases here.

SWAINSON: OK. No one else lives in the house. My daughter, I`m not sure -- I don`t believe she had a boyfriend. Well, let me just say that over. She does not have a boyfriend.

Recently, she was getting excited about a young guy who was interested in her. I know the young man from way back in the eighth grade. She knows him from way back in the eighth grade. And she was a little excited that he had shown some interest in her again. So that right there told me that, you know, she really did not have a boyfriend.

And the way Gabrielle and I communicate every day, we talk about things every day. I would have known if she had a boyfriend. Of course, we don`t know everything.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: All right, OK. And there was nobody else in the house?

SWAINSON: No, ma`am, there was no one else in the house.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Now, I`m sorry. I`m just trying to move through a lot to try to be helpful, because we`ve got some experts here that we also want to go to and you have a private investigator. Let`s recap and review.

Gabby`s purse, her wallet, her credit cards, her phone charger, her keys, her clothes all found in her room. The only thing missing, her phone. Gabby`s phone is one of the ways to track her.

Now very quickly, my understanding is, Elvia, that the first time you called it rang, but then the second time it went to voice mail. Is that true?

SWAINSON: That is true.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. So...

SWAINSON: I called...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Go ahead, I`m sorry.

SWAINSON: Yes. I called and as soon as...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Go ahead, I`m sorry.

SWAINSON: I called as soon as I realized or was trying to get my senses together as far as where she was. I immediately grabbed the phone and called, and it rang and rang, no answer. It might have rang about six to eight times. I`m not sure. I didn`t count. But after that, it hung up. And I tried it again two or three times afterwards, and it just went straight to voice mail.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Hold on one second. T.J. Ward, private investigator, former police officer, what does that indicate to you? Because it`s one thing if it`s off from the get-go, but if it rings once a lot and then the next time you call it`s off, what does it signify?

T.J. WARD, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Somebody has turned that phone off.

One of the good things that can happen here is law enforcement has the ability not only to do a triangulation of that phone and can pinpoint where that phone is or last calls are, but they can also go in and pull any voice mails, any text messages and get all that. That needs to be done very quickly, because it takes time to compile that information with phone carriers. So it`s real important to do that.

And apparently, they did get on this rather quickly, the mother did, and incorporated the private investigator to try to follow up and make sure that`s done.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Now, Chandra Cleveland-Jennings, you`re -- again, this is an exclusive interview. You`re the private investigator hired by Elvia Swainson. My question: set the stage here in terms of the apartment. Was the door locked when -- when Mrs. Swainson left, presumably she locked the door. I don`t want to assume anything. On the way back from work, did she find the door locked or open?

CHANDRA CLEVELAND-JENNINGS, PRIVATE INVESTIGATOR: Well, Jane, first of all, thank you for having us to get this national attention to get the word out about Gabby.

But as we go by habit. We take our keys and put it in the door and unlock the door, not knowing if the door was opened or if it was locked. And that`s exactly what Elvia did on that morning of coming back, was turning the key in the lock and opening the door. So we can`t say whether it was already unlocked or if it was opened or what, but that`s what happened on the day of return.

And you also asked earlier about the alarm clock. The alarm clock just wasn`t set for that day at 5:45 a.m. Because we knew that it went off at that time only because the following morning it went off again.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, OK. It`s one of those that go -- OK, I want to bring in Wendy Murphy, former prosecutor, law professor at New England Law, Boston. What do you make of it?

WENDY MURPHY, LAW PROFESSOR: Well, you know, if I had a nickel for every time we covered a story where something nefarious happened between 3 and 6 in the morning. I mean, it`s just extraordinary, isn`t it?

I think that police probably know a lot more than they`re letting the public know about. I have no doubt that, if she`s had any online relationships and/or conversations with people about whom the police are interested, that they know that.

If she did leave on her own -- I mean, the mom wakes her up at 3:45 in the morning to give her her cell phone back. So she`s awake at 3:45 in the morning. Did she talk to anybody? Did she text anybody? Did she call anybody? Did she go -- did she stay awake or did she go back to bed? I`m like to ask Mrs. Swainson.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, yes, Elvia, let`s address that. Was she asleep when you left for work at 3:45 in the morning? Or was she -- did you wake her up to give her her cell phone at 3:45?

SWAINSON: At 3:45 in the morning, I gave -- I shook her, "Gabby, Gabby, here`s the phone. I`m about to run off to work." She`s groggy. She`s turning over. She takes the phone, and she goes back to sleep. So completely being awake...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. I`m going to ask you -- I`m going to ask you to pause one second. We want to get through all this. We`re going to take a brief break, and we`re going to take calls from our viewers and we`re going to continue to investigate. Stay right there.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`d like to introduce you to our band now. We have Gabby on guitar and vocals.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Gabby Swainson, a budding star there in the denim jacket singing. Beautiful young lady. Just made the cheerleading squad. About to start school -- school tomorrow, 15 years old. And she vanished right from her bed. Her mom went to work on Saturday morning, came back and her precious daughter`s gone. We`re trying to figure out what happened to Gabby.

Let`s go to the phone lines. Shawna, Massachusetts. Your question or thought? Shawna.

CALLER: Yes, hi, Jane. My question is that the mother was -- she had to go to the office at 3:45 in the morning. What kind of work does the mother do and what kind of office would you be going to at 3:45 in the morning?

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. Elvia, you want to clarify all of that?

SWAINSON: Yes. My normal work hours is 8 to 5 p.m., 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. I -- sometimes we have projects that we have to get completed by a certain date.

On this particular time I did have a project that I had to get completed by Wednesday. I thought about it. Sometimes it`s not just me but other co-workers. Sometimes we go in the office a little early just to get things caught up. And that was what my plan was Saturday morning, was to get up, go ahead and get the project completed so that I could enjoy the rest of the weekend with my daughter. So this is actually -- I work for an insurance company.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Oh, wow, OK. And now, let me just ask you about giving your daughter the cell phone at 3:45 a.m. Why did you have the cell phone? We`re just trying to paint a picture so we understand sort of the whole scene. You had her cell phone, and then you`re leaving for work very early in the morning. And you woke her up and said, "Here`s a cell phone." And then she went back to sleep or how did that work?

SWAINSON: Well, Gabrielle and I have, you know, agreed on me getting her phone back every night by about 8:30, and this is just a time management type of thing, because sometimes the teenagers will stay on the phone a little longer than they need to, continue texting a little longer than they need to. And this was just a time management type of thing that I was working on with her that, yes, I will allow you to be on your cell phone, but you have to have a cutoff time. I`ve always been strict on that.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: OK. All right. I think you`ve answered that. And I just want to continue, because we want to -- we want to solve this and help you find your daughter.

Ten years ago Elizabeth Smart`s parents endured the same nightmare that you`re going through. Elizabeth was actually snatched from her bedroom.

Now, their prayers were answered. Elizabeth was found alive, safe and sound nine months after someone who had done yard work for the family abducted her from her bedroom.

And so Elvia, I want to ask you, because there`s different types of abductions. And we pray that your daughter is found safe and sound, as was Elizabeth. But has there been anybody in your life, anybody hanging around, doing yard work, for example, or a friend that you feel like, I`m not so sure about this person? Maybe they had a drug problem or an alcohol problem or they`re just behaving strangely? Anybody like that?

SWAINSON: Well, I do have a close friend that was helping me with some remodeling in my house. That`s about...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: A male?

SWAINSON: I don`t have a -- yes.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Is this a male? OK, this -- you had a male who was helping around the house. Explain that. And Chandra, if you`d like to take it, go ahead.

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Yes, I would like to. Yes, it was just a friend that was helping her with some odds and ends of repairing a floor that had water damage. And they became friends, and that`s about it, that we know and have the information on him.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Have police interviewed him?

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Yes, they have, but we can`t share that information with you from their interview.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Interesting. We`re going to take a brief break, take more calls. And we`re going to get to the bottom of this, if we can. We want to find this beautiful, beautiful girl.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I`m going to introduce you to our band now. We have Gabby on guitar.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

VELEZ-MITCHELL: There`s 15-year-old Gabby in the denim jacket singing. She`s talented, she`s just made the cheerleading squad, about to start school tomorrow, except we can`t find her. We don`t know where she is. We have an exclusive interview tonight with her very, very frantic mother, who has hired a private investigator to try to find her beautiful daughter.

Let`s go out to the phone lines. Valerie, in Georgia. Your thought or question, Valerie?

CALLER: Hi. I want to just ask the mom, are you aware how many social sites she`s actually on and perhaps she met someone online that is aware of her whereabouts. Because a lot of times if you put pictures up online, Google has a way where you can zoom in to the pictures to get the exact address where you are. And...

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Unbelievable. Great question. Elvia, do you want to address that?

SWAINSON: I`m not aware about Google doing anything as far as giving addresses out.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Well, was she on social media? Was she on social media?

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Right, I can answer that for you, Jane. I can answer that for you, because that`s exactly what my priority of getting started in the investigation. And I did a cell-phone forensic on all of her social media pages, from her Twitter to her Tumblr to her Facebook and to her e-mail account. I was able to rule out any recent activity except with one person that she had a crush on recently that most of her texts came from.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Who is that? I mean, I don`t want a name, but is that a young man? And have police talked to him? Briefly. We`re almost out of time.

CLEVELAND-JENNINGS: Yes, we have spoken to him. He`s ruled out as anything done. And that`s the same young man we mentioned earlier. But all her social media and all the contacts in it have been contacted by me. By me.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: Elvia, we only have a couple of seconds. If your daughter Gabby is watching, what would you like to say to her?

SWAINSON: I would like to say, Gabby, I love you. You know I do. I don`t think this is something that you did on your own. I don`t think you would have done this at all. I believe you. I love you. God is with you. All the church members, all the community, everybody is pouring out their love to you. We want to see you back alive and well. I don`t think that`s anything impossible for God to do and, therefore, I believe you are coming home soon.

Whoever is watching, anybody that`s watching, if you know anything, have seen my daughter, please contact my private investigator, Chandra Jennings, or contact the police department, Richland County Police Department.

VELEZ-MITCHELL: And we also have -- I want to say we have a number on the screen, Elvia, 1-888-CRIME-SC. So please, or just call 911. If you know something, reach out immediately. We want to help this mother find her precious, beautiful daughter.

Our hearts go out to you, Elvia. We`ll stay on top of this. If you get any information, please let us know immediately. We will bring it to our viewers. Thank you, and our hearts are with you.

« Last Edit: August 23, 2012, 03:20:15 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: August 25, 2012, 12:08:52 AM »

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/24/2410793/fbi-joins-missing-teen-case.html

Friday, Aug. 24, 2012
FBI joins search for missing teen

FBI agents and analysts as well as the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children have joined the intensified search for missing 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson in northeast Richland County.
When she vanished, Gabrielle was apparently dressed only in pajamas and was clutching her iPhone. All her clothes, her purse and wallet with identification was still in the house. Police won’t comment on any locater signals they may have received from her GPS-equipped cell phone.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said the National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has sent a consultant. By federal law, the Center can get certain information from various databases more quickly than local law enforcement, Lott said.

That group and the FBI “bring capabilities we don’t have,” Lott said.

Police increasingly think the vanished teen was abducted.
On Friday, Elvia Swainson took Gabrielle to her weekly guitar lesson, then to a store to get her nails done. Then, Swainson drove Gabrielle to the Village at Sandhill mall, where Gabrielle met a young man she’d known since the eighth grade at Dent Middle School. It was a coming-of-age moment, since Swainson had not been allowing Gabrielle to date.

“I said, ‘I will allow you to hang out with him, and meet me in front of Belks.’ So I came back within the hour, they were both sitting in front of Belks with their little doggie bags of going to the Asian Bowl to eat. I took her friend home and then we came home,” Swainson said.
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #8 on: August 25, 2012, 10:48:54 AM »

She is beautiful!

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: August 25, 2012, 11:36:22 AM »

http://www.facebook.com/findGabbiee/photos

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: August 26, 2012, 08:16:02 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/gabrielle-swainson-fbi-joins-search-missing-south-carolina/story?id=17078903#.UDq6OaDBnIU
Missing Cheerleader Left Purse, Wallet in Bedroom
August 25, 2012

Although there were no signs of foul play, investigators believe the teen's disappearance was not voluntary.

"Her purse was still there with her charger for her phone in it and all the ingredients of her purse like her wallet and her credit card, everything is still there," said Chandra Cleveland-Jennings, a private investigator hired by Swainson.

Cleveland-Jennings said there has been no activity on the teen's phone since her disappearance. Police have not said whether they have been able to locate a signal.

Gabrielle missed the first day of her sophomore year of high school on Thursday at Ridge View High School, where she had just made the junior varsity cheerleading squad.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: August 26, 2012, 08:18:59 PM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2193728/Gabrielle-Swainson-missing-Desperate-search-teenage-cheerleader-vanished-bedroom.html?ito=feeds-newsxml
Desperate search for teenage cheerleader who vanished from her bedroom in middle of the night
August 25, 2012

More photos and a video at link.

« Last Edit: August 26, 2012, 08:20:51 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: August 26, 2012, 11:32:56 PM »

http://lexington-sc.patch.com/articles/swainson-update-as-you-go-to-church-say-a-special-prayer-for-gabbiee

Swainson Update: 'As You Go to Church, Say a Special Prayer for Gabbiee'
The search continues for the missing 15-year-old. Here's what has happened so far.
10:44 pm (August 26, 2012)

Recap of the search so far:

Swainson was reported missing on the morning of Aug. 18 when her mother returned home to find the girl missing. Her cell phone was gone, but her purse and clothes were still there.

On Aug. 20, search groups from her high school, Ridge View High School, organized in Spring Valley to look for the missing girl. By the end of that day, the Twitter hashtags #FindGabby and #FindGabs were trending among local teens as they used social media to get her photo out.

By Aug. 21 the search groups turned to handing out flyers. At this point, investigators said that there was no evidence to support foul play.

On Aug. 22, the search moved from Spring Valley to Broad River Road on the other side of Columbia.

Hearts stopped on Aug. 23 when the body of a female was found in Northeast Columbia. It was later determined not to be Swainson. A prayer vigil was held that night at her church. Marty Martin, principal of Ridge View High School, described Swainson as an exceptional student who was involved in many activities and always followed the rules.

Then on Aug. 24, a $6,000 reward was offered by community members for information leading to the recovery of Swainson.

On Aug. 25, investigators said they now suspect that Swainson did not leave on her own. Foul play is suspected.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: August 27, 2012, 01:37:41 AM »

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/27/2414131/search-for-missing-teen-largest.html

Monday, Aug. 27, 2012
Search for missing teen largest in years

The investigation into the disappearance of 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson has expanded into one of the Richland County Sheriff’s Department’s largest and most intensive searches in years.

More than 40 county and federal law agents are now on the case full time, Sheriff Leon Lott said Sunday night.

The agents include a behavioral scientist from the FBI’s famed psychological unit at Quantico, Va., Lott said.
A major reason that so many law officers are on the case is that it was completely out of character for Gabrielle to disappear. A good student, she was studying guitar and voice, went to church regularly with her mother and was a member of the Ridge View junior varsity cheerleading squad.

Although law officers fear an abduction, Lott said Sunday night, “We remain hopeful that we will find Gabbiee alive.”

The National Center for Missing and Exploited Children has also sent a consultant to work with Lott’s department.

Swainson family members could not be reached for comment

Read more...
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: August 27, 2012, 09:19:04 AM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/19374438/foul-play-suspected-in-teens-disappearance

Investigators suspect foul play in teen's disappearance

Posted: Aug 25, 2012 7:10 AM PDT Updated: Aug 27, 2012 5:15 AM PDT
By Jack Kuenzie - email

RICHLAND COUNTY, SC (WIS) -

Investigators say they suspect a teen who has been missing for nine days did not take off on her own.

15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson disappeared on August 18. Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott thinks she was abducted.

"I don't feel like she left on her own," said Lott. "And that's why we've put so much on this case. I don't feel like she left on her own. This is totally out of character for her. This is not the type of girl that would leave on her own, so that's why we're treating it as we are."

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: August 27, 2012, 01:01:26 PM »

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=793102

The search continues for missing Columbia teen
Posted: 08.26.2012 at 8:28 PM

COLUMBIA (WACH) -- Richland County investigators spent Sunday afternoon looking for missing teenager Gabbiee Swainson.

The Richland County Sheriff's Department CAT team combed through an area in Elgin. A department spokesman confirmed to WACH FOX News  the search was releated to the Swainson case, but wouldn't go into specifics about what they were looking for.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #16 on: August 27, 2012, 01:58:55 PM »

From what has been reported it seems perhaps the teen was woken by her abductor.  She kept the phone with her, perhaps hiding it.  Later her mother tried calling her.  The abductor then realized Gabiee had the phone because it was ringing and he immediately turned it off.

She was reported missing on the 18th and it took until the 25th before LE stated they suspect foul play.  Hopefully they did not wait that long to utilize valuable resources in locating this promising young lady.

Elvia, her mother, did everything right in raising her daughter.  Healthy limits, lots of love and support.  I pray that her daughter is brought back to her mother's loving arms.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #17 on: August 27, 2012, 02:08:43 PM »

http://maps.google.com/maps?hl=en&tab=wl

According to this map, if LE is searching the Elgin area, they are searching about 7 miles from where Gabiee and Elvia live.

IMO this is likely where the phone triangulated and not necessarily where Gabiee is now however if I am correct it is a good clue as to where she was initially taken or the direction they were going at the time.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #18 on: August 27, 2012, 02:11:45 PM »

http://goo.gl/maps/nv0Zj

This is the link for the map from her home to Elgin.   
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: August 27, 2012, 04:37:21 PM »

Thanks, Amys Sister!  Agree...the phone probably triangulated in the Elgin area.
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.