March 28, 2024, 11:06:17 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabrielle "Gabbiee" Swainson 15, Missing from SC Home 8/18/12(Body Found)  (Read 101580 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: August 27, 2012, 04:42:10 PM »

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/27/2414834/news-conference-on-missing-teen.html

Monday, Aug. 27, 2012
News conference on missing teen set for Tuesday

The Richland County Sheriff’s Department has scheduled a news conference Tuesday to discuss the case of a missing 15-year-old from Northeast Richland.

The investigation into the disappearance of Gabrielle Swainson has expanded into one of the Richland County Sheriff’s Department’s largest and most intensive searches in years.

More than 40 county and federal law agents, including the FBI, are involved with the case, the Sheriff’s Department said this weekend.

Tuesday’s news conference is expected to discuss where the investigation stands, though no other details were available Monday.

Read more...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: August 27, 2012, 07:02:19 PM »

http://springvalley.patch.com/articles/day-10-prayer-vigil-set-for-gabrielle-swainson

Day 10: Prayer Vigil Set for Gabrielle Swainson
5:00 am (August 27, 2012)

A prayer vigil for Gabrielle Swainson has been set for 7 p.m. Monday night at International Praise Church of God in Elgin, according to the Help Us Find Gabbiee Facebook page.
 ::snipping2::

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: August 28, 2012, 01:32:08 AM »

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/28/2414834/news-conference-on-missing-teen.html

Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012
Lott to lay out case of missing teen today

Editor's note: For live video of Richland County Sheriff's Leon Lott's news conference, check back starting about 9:30 a.m.

The community may learn more about what happened to 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson today, when Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott holds a morning news conference.

Lott said he will lay out the case and what has been done thus far in the search for the Northeast Richland teen. But he declined Monday to release any new information, saying investigators were continuing to look for her and had not given up hope that she might be found alive.

Read more...
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #23 on: August 28, 2012, 02:16:21 AM »

I wonder if the perp attended their church?  The church is in Eglin which is the same place LE were searching.

I also wonder if the man who helped with repairs around Elvia's house attended their church? 

Maybe there were knocks at the door and Gabrielle knew and trusted the person and opened the door to them.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: August 28, 2012, 10:18:00 AM »

http://www.thestate.com/2012/08/28/2414834/news-conference-on-missing-teen.html

Tuesday, Aug. 28, 2012
Lott: We have not found Gabbiee, but suspect is in jail + live video

Update: Sheriff Leon Lott said at a news conference this morning that the department has not found missing Northeast Columbia teen Gabrielle Swainson, but a man, Freddi Gant, is accused of taking the girl to Elgin. He is in custody.

Gant is described by Lott as a family acquaintance who has been uncooperative with investigators from the start of the search.

Read more...

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: August 28, 2012, 10:22:29 AM »

http://twitter.com/reachphillips

5m Noelle Phillips‏@ReachPhillips
Cops looking into possible connection between Freddie Grant and another missing teen reported in Sept in Elgin.

7m Noelle Phillips‏@ReachPhillips
Man arrested for kidnapping in case of missing teen. Freddie Grant has been arrested and us Lexington Co Detention Center.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: August 28, 2012, 12:07:58 PM »

Beautiful girl. I hope that she is found. Her mother must be suffering so much...

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #27 on: August 28, 2012, 12:28:39 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/crimestoppers/article/199418/28/Man-Arrested-for-Kidnapping-Gabbiee-Swainson

Freddie Grant Arrested in Kidnapping of Gabbiee Swainson
11:49 AM, Aug 28, 2012

Officers say they were able to eventually find evidence linking Grant to the case, and they arrested him Sunday.

Lott says investigators have found blood on duct tape that matches Gabbiee's at Grant's home, and they've recovered other DNA evidence linking the suspect to the disappearance. In addition, GPS tracking from her cell phone also led investigators to the location.

"The cell phone was able to be track, where we can show when it left the house, the route they took, and where he ended up at," Lott said.

Officers now say they're focusing their search efforts for Gabbiee at a junk yard near Grant's home, with more than 100 officers at that location.

"We're looking to find Gabbiee to bring her home," Lott said. "Our hope and prayers is that she's going to be recovered, she's going to be fine."

Lott say Grant had been at the home hours earlier cutting grass. He says they believe he took the girl shortly after her mother went to work overnight.

Lott describes the man as a career criminal with multiple arrests on his record. "He's just overall a bad guy," Lott said.

The sheriff said he also may be connected to another missing person's case: the disappearance of 29-year-old Adrianna Laster of Elgin.  She hasn't been seen since September of last year, and Lott says she was last known to have been with Grant.

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: August 28, 2012, 12:45:10 PM »

Thank you for the update Sassi.  I had hoped for better news, but at this point, it appears at least the person responsible has been arrested.  I hope Gabrielle can be found and brought home soon.  Very sad.    

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: August 28, 2012, 12:47:56 PM »

Video of news conference at link

http://www.wistv.com/story/19395228/freddie-grant-also-being-questioned-in-disappearance-of-fl-woman

Freddie Grant also being questioned in disappearance of FL woman
Posted: Aug 28, 2012 9:42 AM CDT Updated: Aug 28, 2012 10:39 AM CDT

The man accused of kidnapping 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson is also being questioned in the disappearance of a 28-year-old woman in September.

Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said Tuesday that Freddie Grant, 52, was last seen with Adriana Diana Laster on September 3 in Elgin.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: August 28, 2012, 12:56:18 PM »

http://springvalley.patch.com/articles/sister-suspect-gabbiee-swainson-s-mom-lived-together

Sister: Suspect, Gabbiee Swainson's Mom Lived Together
Freddie Grant's sister says her brother and Gabbiee Swainson's mom have been dating for some time.
12:23 pm  (August 28, 2012)

The sister of Freddie Grant, the 52-year-old man at the center of the investigation into the disappearance of 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson, didn't have much to say.

Cynthia Grant sat in a chair Tuesday morning in her front yard, near her brother's Elgin home with search parties looking for Swainson's body in a home, junkyard and surrounding woods.

Cynthia Grant said her brother and Elvia Swainson, Gabbiee's mom, have been dating for some time. She said Grant has been living with the Swainson's for the past year.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #31 on: August 28, 2012, 01:31:37 PM »

http://springvalley.patch.com/articles/sister-suspect-gabbiee-swainson-s-mom-lived-together

Sister: Suspect, Gabbiee Swainson's Mom Lived Together
Freddie Grant's sister says her brother and Gabbiee Swainson's mom have been dating for some time.
12:23 pm  (August 28, 2012)

The sister of Freddie Grant, the 52-year-old man at the center of the investigation into the disappearance of 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson, didn't have much to say.

Cynthia Grant sat in a chair Tuesday morning in her front yard, near her brother's Elgin home with search parties looking for Swainson's body in a home, junkyard and surrounding woods.

Cynthia Grant said her brother and Elvia Swainson, Gabbiee's mom, have been dating for some time. She said Grant has been living with the Swainson's for the past year.

BBM - 'Cause that's where I'd be as folks were out searching for my brother's common-law stepdaughter's body.   
How are people so unconcerned?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
Amys Sister
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #32 on: August 28, 2012, 02:00:34 PM »

He had a home so I doubt he was living with Elvia.  If they were dating he may have stayed there but I'm seriously doubting that he lived there as his sister states.

I feel for Gabiee's mother and pray that she does not let guilt take the wheel but stays strong in her faith and love of God.

He absolutely should get the death sentence for this. 
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #33 on: August 28, 2012, 03:01:45 PM »

One story said he was over cutting the grass earlier in the day so is this the handyman Mom was talking about.  I guess mom kept their relationship on the dl if there was one.  I was wondering how someone would know if Mom was home or not.  Creepo seems to have stayed the night or Mom talked intimately with him enough to share her plans for working in the wee hours.  If that was her BF can you image the guilt she is going to go through.  I would skin him alive. Before LE got to him!!!!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: August 28, 2012, 06:50:06 PM »

Two-page article

http://www.blueridgenow.com/article/20120828/APN/1208280587?p=1&tc=pg&tc=ar

Man accused of abducting missing Columbia teen
Published: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 5:54 p.m.
Last Modified: Tuesday, August 28, 2012 at 5:54 p.m.

Freddie Grant., 52, was uncooperative when investigators first asked him if he knew where Swainson was and hadn't been any more helpful since he was charged with kidnapping on Monday.
Investigators began questioning the family and anyone who knew the girl. Grant was an obvious target because he was a convicted felon and deputies became even more suspicious when he refused to cooperate, Lott said.

Bullets were found in his home, leading to a federal weapons charge. That led to more searches, which uncovered his DNA and Gabbiee's DNA on duct tape with blood on it found near his house, the sheriff said.
Cell phone records show Grant was near Swainson's home around the time she disappeared and both of them appeared to end up at Grant's home, the sheriff said.

Grant is being held without bail at the Lexington County jail. It wasn't clear if he had a lawyer.
spayneuteryourpets
Scared Monkey

« Reply #35 on: August 28, 2012, 11:31:55 PM »

So sad.  I wonder why the authorities think she may still be alive.  Or have they changed their minds.  Does anyone here believe she may be still alive?

joan+20
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #36 on: August 28, 2012, 11:48:00 PM »

Nope.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #37 on: August 29, 2012, 09:11:55 AM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/19394728/lott-announces-arrest-in-gabbiee-swainsons-disappearance?page=2&N=L

On the 2nd page of this article it states that LE does not know how Grant knew that Gabbiee's Mom would be at work then.  Maybe she did tell him in gen convo but doesn't remember it yet orrrrr was he hidden in the home by coinkydink and gonna take her that day anyhoo orrrrr does he have this poor girls room monitored by cam somehow?  Doesn't sound like he had stayed the night orrrr maybe he did and Mom made him leave at the same time and they just haven't released all that info yet!  Color me confucious and how I do hope he has poor Gabbiee put up for later use and she can come home safe!  In reality....I don't believe she is still with us.  What a good young lady!
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #38 on: August 29, 2012, 11:34:41 AM »

Nope.

ditto 

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: August 29, 2012, 12:04:11 PM »

So sad.  I wonder why the authorities think she may still be alive.  Or have they changed their minds.  Does anyone here believe she may be still alive?

joan+20

Sad to say, but no.  I think she's gone.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.