March 28, 2024, 12:12:55 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabrielle "Gabbiee" Swainson 15, Missing from SC Home 8/18/12(Body Found)  (Read 101543 times)
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #60 on: September 04, 2012, 06:26:18 PM »

http://www.hlntv.com/article/2012/09/04/police-blood-found-missing-cheerleaders-bedroom

Blood found in missing cheerleader’s bedroom
updated 3:27 PM EDT, Tue September 04, 2012

Blood belonging to missing 15-year-old cheerleader Gabrielle “Gabbiee” Swainson was found in her bedroom, Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott said a press conference Friday afternoon.

“We found her blood on her bed and also somewhere else in her bedroom,” Sheriff Lott told HLN’s Nancy Grace. “There’s no reason for her blood to be present like that.”
 ::snipping2::
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #61 on: September 04, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »

Dad of missing girl: ‘This whole story don’t make sense’
By HLNtv.com Staff
updated 6:02 PM EDT, Tue September 04, 2012

The father of Gabbiee Swainson, a missing cheerleader, speaks exclusively to HLN’s Nancy Grace about his daughter’s disappearance.

3:40 minute video
http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/09/04/missing-cheerleaders-dad-speaks-out

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: September 04, 2012, 11:23:15 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/19455690/another-vigil-for-missing-teen-sheriff-to-give-update-on-investigation-wednesday

Another vigil for missing teen, Sheriff to give update on investigation Wednesday
Posted: Sep 04, 2012 6:14 PM CDT Updated: Sep 04, 2012 6:21 PM CDT

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
The community continues to rally around the family of missing teenager Gabbiee Swainson. Another vigil is being held for the 15-year-old in the Lake Carolina community Tuesday night.

Earlier Tuesday Gabbiee's mother, Elvia Swainson, said on the phone they were sitting down with the Sheriff's Office, talking about how the investigation moves forward. She doesn't want the community to forget or loose sight of the search for her daughter.
RIchland County Sheriff Leon Lott's will update us on the investigation Wednesday morning. We will stream the news conference live here on WISTV.com.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: September 05, 2012, 11:46:31 AM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/19461784/lott-grant-had-key-to-swainson-home

Lott: Grant had key to Swainson home
Posted: Sep 05, 2012 10:17 AM CDT Updated: Sep 05, 2012 10:19 AM CDT

As the days pass, the details about what may have happened to 15-year-old Gabrielle Swainson continue to trickle into the public.

A day after speaking to Nancy Grace on her national show, Richland Sheriff Leon Lott spoke to the local media about the case Wednesday.

Lott said one of the questions many people have been asking is how 52-year-old Freddie Grant allegedly got into the Swainson home. The sheriff said that mystery was solved Tuesday afternoon.

Investigators found a key in Grant's home that opens the door to Elvia Swainson's home.

Lott said Swainson gave Grant the key several weeks ago when he was doing some flooring work in the home. According to the sheriff, Grant told Swainson that he lost the key. That was a lie, Lott said.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: September 05, 2012, 12:00:28 PM »

Lott: This Key Opened the Door to Gabbiee Swainson's Home
Sep 5, 2012

Richland County, SC (WLTX) - Sheriff Leon Lott says he can now say how the man accused of kidnapping Gabbiee Swainson got in the home.

Lott updated the investigation into the disappearance of the 15-year-old at a Wednesday morning news conference.

Freddie Grant, 52, is charged with taking Swainson early on the morning of August 18th.

Since Grant's arrest, Lott said that Grant got into the home overnight without forced entry. Now, however, Lott said his officers have found the key they believe Grant used to get inside the home.

According to Lott, Grant had been given the key months earlier by Gabbiee's mom so he could do flooring work in the home. He'd told the mother, though, that he'd lost the key.

Lott said Wednesday that when investigators entered Grant's home, they found key on a ring hanging on a door right inside Grant's home.

Lott did say Grant and the girl's mother were dating, but that Grant was not living inside the home. According to the sheriff, they'd first dated almost five years ago, but the mother had broken off the relationship. However, around October of last year, Grant came back into her life.

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/200549/2/Lott-This-Key-Opened-the-Door-to-Gabbiees-Home-
spayneuteryourpets
Scared Monkey

« Reply #65 on: September 05, 2012, 03:53:08 PM »

I would really like to know why LE is still hoping to find her alive.  Is there something they aren't telling us?

joan+20
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: September 05, 2012, 11:41:41 PM »

I would really like to know why LE is still hoping to find her alive.  Is there something they aren't telling us?

joan+20

Welcome!

They're probably not telling us everything; or they don't have enough evidence that she is not alive.  Just some thoughts on this.

melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #67 on: September 06, 2012, 09:46:12 AM »

My heart tells me that they are only saying "hoping to find her alive" to appease the monster in the cell in hopes he might just say something.  They might not wanna have him thinking murder/dp at the moment.  They found blood in her room/bed.  Don't know the amount and may be miniscule but this monster did not leave witnesses.  Remember the missing GF? I wish I would be proven wrong and she is just locked in some room unfound but it's been so long and hot that I wonder if she could have survived this long if that is the case.  Why aren't these sick freaks marked on their foreheads....if only....
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #68 on: September 06, 2012, 12:29:09 PM »

My heart tells me that they are only saying "hoping to find her alive" to appease the monster in the cell in hopes he might just say something.  They might not wanna have him thinking murder/dp at the moment.  They found blood in her room/bed.  Don't know the amount and may be miniscule but this monster did not leave witnesses.  Remember the missing GF? I wish I would be proven wrong and she is just locked in some room unfound but it's been so long and hot that I wonder if she could have survived this long if that is the case.  Why aren't these sick freaks marked on their foreheads....if only....
yes, if only . . .

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: September 06, 2012, 11:15:15 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/200712/2/Gag-Order-Requested-in-Gabbiee-Case-?odyssey=tab%7Ctopnews%7Cbc%7Clarge

Gag Order Requested in Gabbiee Case
6:35 PM, Sep 6, 2012

Meanwhile, Grant's attorney, Fielding Pringle, says the sheriff is poisoning the jury pool and possibly jeopardizing Grant's ability to have a fair trial, and is requesting a gag order.

The original gag order motion was filed on August 30, with documents supporting the request for that order added days later. A judge will hear arguments Friday morning.

Pringle, who is Richland County's Chief Public Defender, wants the order placed on Lott and Solicitor Dan Johnson
The gag order hearing is set for 9 a.m.
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: September 12, 2012, 03:08:36 PM »

Judge warns SC sheriff in missing teen case, but won’t gag him
Published: September 12, 2012

COLUMBIA — Circuit Court Judge DeAndrea Benjamin will not gag Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott from making statements about the suspected kidnapper of Gabrielle Swainson, a South Carolina teenager missing since Aug. 18.But the judge cautioned Lott and all law enforcement officials in the case they should limit their public statements to those “necessary to inform the public of the nature and extent of the prosecutor’s action and that serve a legitimate law enforcement purpose,” according to an order issued by the judge Wednesday.

http://www.heraldonline.com/2012/09/12/4257856/judge-warns-sc-sheriff-in-missing.html
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #71 on: September 13, 2012, 12:03:35 PM »

Well Mr. Kidnapper didn't get his way!  I wish someone in that jail would get hold of him and make him talk!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: September 14, 2012, 09:02:15 PM »

http://transcripts.cnn.com/TRANSCRIPTS/1209/13/ng.01.html
NANCY GRACE

Police Convinced Missing South Carolina Cheerleader Alive

Aired September 13, 2012 - 20:00   ET

THIS IS A RUSH TRANSCRIPT. THIS COPY MAY NOT BE IN ITS FINAL FORM AND MAY BE UPDATED.

NANCY GRACE, HOST: Breaking news tonight. To South Carolina. A 15- year-old high school cheerleader, Ridge View High, asleep in her own bedroom when Mom happens to check on her 3:00 AM, 7:30 AM she`s gone, Gabbiee never seen again.

Stunning new leads emerge. And in the last hours, investigators now reaffirm they have evidence, rock solid, Gabbiee did not leave her home willingly.

Bombshell tonight. In the last hours, new details. Why do investigators believe Gabbiee is still alive? Tonight, we chase the leads. Where`s the cheerleader, 15-year-old Gabrielle?

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s the worst situation that a parent could be in!

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We are still looking for Gabbiee. (INAUDIBLE) found her.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Fifty-two-year-old Freddie Grant.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: He`s a monster.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A monster.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Been charged with kidnapping 15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Snuck into her bedroom, snatched her up.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He holds the key to finding Gabbiee.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Blood in her bedroom.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We found her blood on her bed.

GRACE: Blood, her DNA, and her hair found on duct tape.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: What happened after that is still a mystery.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: It`s really a nightmare.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: He holds the key.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: WIS reports Richland County sheriff Leon Lott would be willing to consider a plea deal for Freddie Grant in exchange for her location.

GRACE: Where is the cheerleader, 15-year-old Gabrielle?

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Good evening. I`m Nancy Grace. I want to thank you for being with us.

Bombshell tonight. Live, South Carolina. A 15-year-old girl, high school cheerleader, Ridge View High, asleep in her own bedroom. Mom checks on her 3:00 AM, 7:30 Gabbiee`s gone.

Stunning new leads emerge in the last hours. Where is 15-year-old Gabrielle? Cops are telling us tonight they are sure she was taken by force. And now many with inside (SIC) the police department say Gabbiee is somewhere alive.

We are taking your calls. Straight out to Dave Mack, morning talk show host, Clear Channel WAAX. Dave, where are they getting the theory that Gabbiee is still alive? That is contrary to overwhelming child kidnap statistics.

DAVE MACK, CLEAR CHANNEL WAAX: Well, they`re getting the evidence because even though they`re trying to negotiate some type of a statement or -- from the suspect right now in the kidnapping, he`s not talking. And the defense attorneys are standing firm that they want to talk with him, but they`re going to have to negotiate a deal first. That`s why they think that maybe she`s still alive.

GRACE: Now, I don`t quite get the thinking because for all I know, the defense lawyers, such that they are, are claiming, yes, we got to have a deal in place before we talk to you. For all I know, that could mean, Before I tell you where her body is, Dave Mack.

MACK: You know, the police have long held that they -- they don`t believe that Gabbiee is gone. They believe she`s still with us. And obviously, they haven`t shared every piece of evidence that they have with everyone. So they`re just trying to figure out the best way they can to find that girl.

GRACE: So you`re using euphemisms. Are you trying to say that they don`t believe Gabbiee is dead? They think she is alive? Is that what you`re saying?

MACK: The police have specifically stated they don`t believe Gabbiee`s dead. They have said they believe -- they`re trying to find Gabbiee, and they`re doing everything they can 24/7 to find that girl. They`re not talking about finding a body, they`re talking about finding a girl.

GRACE: With me, joining us exclusively tonight, Gabbiee`s father joining me from Portsmouth, Alvin Thompson. Mr. Thompson, thank you for being with us. As you must know, there are millions of people thinking of and praying for your daughter. What are police saying that leads you to believe they believe she is alive?

ALVIN THOMPSON, GABRIELLE`S FATHER (via telephone): Well, the way I`ve been seeing it is the amount of blood found at the scene and all that stuff, they say it really don`t -- is not consistent with death, or whatever. So it`s a possibility that she is alive, and I hope she is.

GRACE: Well, it seems to me, then, Mr. Thompson -- with me is Gabbiee`s father -- if this guy, Freddie Grant, age 52 years old -- let`s see his picture, please, Liz. Freddie Grant was the guy that did yard work for the mom. He helped remodel her home. They had a brief relationship. He apparently lied about still having the family key to the home.

He had just cut their grass that Friday when Gabbiee goes missing in the middle of the night, sometime between 3:00 and 7:00 AM. He had the family key.

Have you ever hired this guy? Do you know this guy? Take a look at Freddie Grant, age 52.

So Alvin Thompson, under this scenario that police are saying they still think your little girl`s alive, if he took her, then where is she? And is she being held somewhere? The longer they keep him, she could be starving to death, for all I know.

THOMPSON: (INAUDIBLE) you`ve got to think about it another way, too. If he has her somewhere, he may have someone helping him and they -- someone may be feeding her. And I hope that is the case.

But still, you know, it`s still (INAUDIBLE) how he know she was there by herself at that time in the morning still yet. But I hope they do find Gabbiee alive and bring her on back home to us. But you know, it`s a possibility she still is alive. I don`t feel like she`s dead (INAUDIBLE) from my senses, I don`t feel like she`s gone myself.

GRACE: Why do you say that? What do you mean, Mr. Thompson, your senses tell you she`s still alive?

THOMPSON: I keep dreaming about her (INAUDIBLE) don`t normally dream about Gabbiee, but I keep dreaming about her and I keep seeing her. And it`s like she`s just calling me or something. So I don`t see her dead or anything, as far as that kind of calling. Seems like she`s just calling me, you know, when I be sleeping. It`s kind of getting like way (ph) to be too much.

GRACE: When you dream of her, Mr. Thompson, when you dream of your daughter and she`s calling you, what does she say?

THOMPSON: It`s like she`s looking at me and reaching out. She`s not really talking, but she`s, like, she`s reaching out for -- you know, reaching her hands for me to grab. The only one time I dreamed that she was in the water, and I saw her face in the water. But you know, the other dreams are like she`s just reaching out for me or whatever.

GRACE: Everyone, we are taking your calls. And with us, Gabbiee`s father. Out to Alisha in Kentucky. Hi, Alisha. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. My question is -- they said that they traced her call back to his house, but do they have her cell phone in their possession?

GRACE: I do not believe so. Let`s go to our chief editorial producer, Ellie Jostad joining us. Ellie, what do we know?

ELLIE JOSTAD, NANCY GRACE PRODUCER: Nancy, they don`t physically have that iPhone. That phone -- the caller`s right, they did trace the phone going from Gabbiee`s house early that morning to the suspect`s home. But from there, as far as we know, the trail is cold.

GRACE: And Greg Kading joining us, former LAPD detective, author of "Murder Rap." Greg, tell me about the iPhone. You know, on the iPhones, you have that special feature where you can look at it and it shows you where you are on a map and basically lead you -- it`s like a GPS locator. So what would that reveal?

GREG KADING, FORMER LAPD DETECTIVE: Well, it depends, Nancy, on whether or not the phone is active. The phone has to be on in order for that technology to take place. If the phone is not on or if the battery is dead, it`s not really going to be very helpful under those circumstances.

GRACE: And tell me again, Ellie, did they get pings? Is it just pings? And I don`t mean to minimize just pings because pings show you where the phone has been. If the phone is turned on, you can get a ping. Now, Ellie, what do we have exactly?

JOSTAD: Nancy, we don`t know that exactly. We just know there are cell phone records. Police haven`t said specifically whether that -- they`ve been able to triangulate where the phone was based on pings, or whether they were able to use that GPS feature on the iPhone.

GRACE: Everybody, we`re taking your calls. Dawn, South Carolina. Hi, Dawn. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Hi, Nancy. I`ve been following this since this baby`s gone missing, and my question is, why hasn`t the mom done a press conference and made a public plea for any information?

GRACE: Now, let me think about that just a moment. Ellie, I`ve seen the mom on camera, all right? And I believe we have talked to the mom. Did the mom make a public plea? Why am I seeing her on camera if that was not a public plea?

JOSTAD: Right, Nancy. She has gone on camera and asked for help. She`s been keeping a low profile. We understand from talking to people that know the family that she is, you know, obviously having a very hard time. She`s asked that interview requests go through the police department, and they`re sort of, you know, being the gatekeepers right now for Gabbiee`s mom.

GRACE: To Mr. Thompson, Alvin Thompson. This is Gabbiee`s father. I was told by relatives and close confidantes of Gabbiee`s mom that she hasn`t been able to eat a bite. She can`t bring herself to eat, she can`t sleep ever since Gabbiee went missing.

THOMPSON: Yes, I spoke to her a couple of times. She -- you know, she said she hasn`t really been able to eat or sleep. She`s been getting a little sleep and she`s been eating a little bit of (INAUDIBLE) because your body will not sustain if you don`t eat anything, but they`ve been getting her to eat a few things, or whatever. And I know she`s going through a hard time because this is her only child.

At the same time, you know, it`s going to be tough on her. Even if she knew where Gabbiee was (INAUDIBLE) it`s still tough on her because Gabbiee`s not there with her. So I don`t know what (INAUDIBLE)

GRACE: Well, what do you think, Alvin Thompson, of this Freddie Grant guy? He cut the grass. He did remodeling. He had a key to the home at one time. She must have gotten concerned about him having that key. She asked for it back. He wouldn`t give it to her. In fact, he lied about it, Alvin Thompson.

THOMPSON: I don`t know much about that key except what -- about what you know about it and stuff. (INAUDIBLE) hanging on (INAUDIBLE) he had it for six months and all of that stuff but -- because he was doing work in the house. I seen the work that he was doing in the house, but (INAUDIBLE) like it just got started to me.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Deputies and other law enforcement tracked around with dogs throughout various locations, still searching for anything that could bring Gabbiee home.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: God knows I pray that baby`s OK.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: Grant`s a career criminal, very, very, very lengthy record.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re finding her DNA.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Duct tape with Gabbiee`s blood found in the junkyard across the railroad tracks from his house.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: A monster and that he holds the key to finding Gabbiee.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: And I didn`t see her in her bed, and I -- I panicked. I froze.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: The community searches, the vigils, the fliers, the visitors.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Freddie Grant, seen here in this video assisting in the search just days after she was reported missing.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We have not found her. We are actively looking for her.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: That is a nerve! Let me see that video again, Liz. Here he is, 52-year-old Freddie Grant, family acquaintance, he`s helping in the search. He`s there at the very front of the search, when back at his home, there is duct tape with her hair and blood on it.

He lied about having the family key. He had done remodeling in the home. Mom asked for the key back, he wouldn`t give it back. He lied about that he had lost it. He cut the grass for the family that Friday she goes missing.

He had a brief relationship with the mother. That was over, by all accounts. Had he been spying on the little girl all this time? Had he been in the home without Mom`s knowledge?

We are taking your calls. Stunning new details emerging tonight. Number one, cops are now saying they believe Gabbiee is still alive. Where`s she being held captive? And how is she being held? Behind bars, that 52-year-old handyman who refuses to tell cops anything.

Also at this hour, Sheriff Lott, who has tried relentlessly to find Gabbiee, putting his men and women out on the street, beating the bushes to find this girl, literally working day and night -- now the defense is demanding a gag order, not letting the sheriff speak. How is he supposed to find the girl if he can`t speak?

Not only that, is there some sort of a plea deal in the works? All right, I got a problem with that! Ellie Jostad, what are we talking about a plea deal?

JOSTAD: Right, Nancy. One of our affiliates did a sit-down interview with Sheriff Leon Lott, and they asked him, after the interview was over off camera, Would you consider a plea offer for Freddie Grant if it meant that it would lead you to Gabbiee? And he said, at this point, they are willing to consider anything that could help them find her.

GRACE: Now, wait a minute, Ellie. Did they say, Help you find Gabbiee, or, Help you find Gabbiee`s body?

JOSTAD: Yes, it wasn`t specific to the body. And as you know, they still think he`s (SIC) alive. Right now, he`s facing kidnapping and federal weapons charges. So it`s not clear whether there`s enough incentive for him to speak at this point.

GRACE: Unleash the lawyers. Burke Strunsky, senior deputy district attorney, author of "Humanity of Justice," joining me out of LA -- he`s no slouch -- Kirby Clements, former prosecutor, now defense attorney, Greg McKeithen, defense attorney, Atlanta.

Burke Strunsky, here`s the problem. If she`s alive and she`s being held captive, she could be starving right now, number one. That would be incentive for me to cut a deal to try to find the girl. If I think she`s dead, I`m not cutting a deal. I`ll try that case without a body. Forget that.

BURKE STRUNSKY, SR. DEPUTY DISTRICT ATTORNEY: I think that`s exactly right, Nancy. And the reality is, it`s hard to think of a scenario in which this young girl is still alive, given the fact that she`s been missing for the better part of a month and the main suspect has been in custody for weeks.

With that being said, Sheriff Lott is doing exactly the right thing, keeping the focus on this investigation, saying what he needs to say to the media so that Gabbiee`s name stays out there and people continue to look.

GRACE: But you know, Burke, let me narrow you down a little bit. Get back to the middle of the road, friend. Why cut a deal if you think she`s alive? And especially why cut a deal if you think Gabbiee`s dead? We don`t need a body to try a case. Why let this guy off free if they believe Gabbiee could be dead?

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)

(BEGIN VIDEO CLIP)

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: We`re operating under the belief that she`s alive.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: If anybody does see her, or know her whereabouts, I am pleading to come forward.

UNIDENTIFIED MALE: The duct tape was found at Mr. Grant`s house, and it has Gabbiee`s blood. Her DNA has been matched.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I didn`t see her in her bed, and I panicked. I froze.

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Every minute Gabbiee is missing matters.

(END VIDEO CLIP)

GRACE: Let`s go to the lines in search for Gabbiee. Jill, California. Hi, Jill. What`s your question?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: Nancy, I want to know if the parents have any say in whether a plea is offered because if it was my child, and God forbid she were found deceased, I would want maximum punishment.

GRACE: And Jill, just bear with me. Would you agree to a lesser amount of time in exchange to find the body of your child?

UNIDENTIFIED FEMALE: I would probably consider a lesser amount of time just for the closure, but we would definitely have to agree on the terms. I would not...

GRACE: All right...

(CROSSTALK)

GRACE: I`m going to weigh in on that. If I was convinced my child was dead, I would know my child was with God in heaven, and there would be no mercy on whoever touched my child, all right? The needle would be too good.

Alvin Thompson, have police approached you in any way regarding a plea deal for Freddie Grant in exchange for telling where is Gabbiee?

THOMPSON: No, they haven`t. And about what you were talking about, the no body -- no body trial or whatever, that doesn`t really bring closure to me, Elvia, or the rest of our family without a body. I mean, I need more closure than that and stuff. And Freddie Grant would get his anyway. I mean, that doesn`t bring closure to me.

GRACE: Good point. Ellie Jostad, where are we getting this information? We have Sheriff Lott mentioning it offhandedly that he would consider a plea. But is it really happening, Ellie, or is it just talk?

JOSTAD: It sounds like it`s just talk at this point, Nancy, no indication that the prosecutors in that jurisdiction are even considering any sort of plea deal at this point.

(COMMERCIAL BREAK)
« Last Edit: September 14, 2012, 09:05:11 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: September 15, 2012, 12:03:10 AM »

http://standrews.patch.com/articles/gabbiee-swainson-details-about-blood-evidence-clarify-early-timeline

Gabbiee Swainson: Details about Blood, Evidence Clarify Early Timeline
(September 14, 2012) 2:59 pm

In the months prior to Swainson’s disappearance, Freddie Grant was both dating Elvia Grant, Gabbiee’s mother, and repairing the floors in her home.

At the time Swainson went missing, the floor repairs were not completed, a sheriff's office spokesman said.

Cynthia Grant, Freddie Grant’s sister, said the two had been dating for a year and had dated for three years in the past. Sheriff Leon Lott said in a press conference, that Grant had stayed over but maintained his own home.  Note: This is the home that was later searched after Grant was arrested.
It is at this time that Grant was issued a key to the Swainson home so he could complete the work on the floors, Lott said. Six weeks before the girl went missing, Grant told Elvia Swainson that he had lost the key.

Gabbiee Swainson stayed home on the night of Aug. 17. Elvia Swainson was at work from 3:30 a.m. to 7:30 a.m. on the morning Gabbiee went missing. Soon after returning home and realizing her daughter was missing, Elvia Swainson called the police.
Grant was allegedly cutting the grass at the Swainson home on the morning Gabbiee went missing, although his whereabouts cannot be accounted for during the hours immediately following her disappearance.

When search parties began to organize, Grant was one of the first people to agree to join. He was caught on camera looking for the girl and his personal cell phone number was on the first batch of flyers showing Swainson’s photo.

During the initial search, investigators found blood in Swainson’s bedroom. It would be an additional seven days before sheriff’s office officials released that they suspected foul play.

Why is that? The amount of blood in Swainson’s room was not disclosed to the public. However, a sheriff’s office spokesman said the amount did not signal to investigators that the girl had been seriously harmed.
melisb
Monkey Junky

« Reply #74 on: September 15, 2012, 12:39:48 PM »

Do I have this right?  Suspect was over at Gabbiee's home cutting grass that am and her Mom discovered her missing at 7:30a?  Okay, 3:30 to 7:30a is not a whole buncha time for this freak to grab her stealthily and conceal her all the way to his home, have his way with her or whatever he intended and then to hide or discreet her so that LE can't find her?  If he was jealous of her and just wanted her gone then I guess that would be plenty of time.  I just assumed he wanted her for himself and didn't think about the jealousy angle.  This was probably not Mom's first time of going in at 3:30 am and he must have planned this.  Yes, I do know if the adrenalin is flowing anything can happen in seconds but he hid her really well!  Maybe he does have some remote cabin type thing she was put in so he could go back to her later but it has been a month and doubtfully with water and food!
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: September 18, 2012, 12:34:09 PM »

UPDATE: Adriana Laster 'Missing Under Suspicious Circumstances'

The man accused of kidnapping Gabbiee Swainson is also thought to be involved in the disappearance of a woman who has been missing for over a year.
 September 17, 2012

Immediately following Freddie Grant's arrest for the kidnapping of Gabbiee Swainson, he became a person of interest in two more cases--one killing and one missing person.

As the one-month mark approaches in the search for Swainson, the one-year mark passes in the search for Laster.

http://springvalley.patch.com/articles/update-adriana-laster-missing-under-suspicious-circumstances
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: September 18, 2012, 08:34:35 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/202364/2/Gabrielle-Swainson-Missing-For-One-Month

Gabrielle Swainson Missing For One Month
7:51 PM, Sep 18, 2012

Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- Tuesday marked one month since Gabrielle Swainson disappeared from her bedroom.

"It's been 31 days and we still have people contacting us as of today. So we have teams running down these tips, running down these leads," said Sheriff Leon Lott.

There have been multiple searches, but no Gabbiee. Even with suspect Freddie Grant, 52, behind bars and hundreds of Crimestoppers tips, questions on Gabbiee's whereabouts have gone unanswered.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: September 19, 2012, 08:22:05 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/202494/2/Suspect-in-Gabbiee-Swainson-Case-Indicted-on-Federal-Charge

Suspect in Gabbiee Swainson Case Indicted on Ammunition Charge
4:01 PM, Sep 19, 2012

Columbia, SC (WLTX) -- A federal grand jury indicted 52-year-old Freddie Grant on a charge of being a felon in possession of ammunition.

Grant is the man that Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott says kidnapped 15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson. She has not been seen since August 18th.

According to an affidavit, The FBI, Elgin Police and Richland County Sheriff's Deputies say they found shotgun shells and .38-caliber bullets in Grant's home.

Sheriff Leon Lott says his department has a warrant for Grant on kidnapping charges that they will formally serve him with when he is released from the Lexington County jail on the federal ammunition charges.
The federal ammunition charge could carry a maximum 10 year sentence. That sentence could be increased to 15 years if the court determines Grant is a "career criminal" with a violent felony and/or a serious drug offense.  Grant is scheduled to be in federal court in October.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #78 on: September 19, 2012, 08:27:16 PM »

http://www.sfgate.com/news/article/Man-accused-in-teen-s-abduction-facing-ammo-charge-3878125.php

Man accused in teen's abduction facing ammo charge
Updated 2:10 p.m., Wednesday, September 19, 2012

South Carolina state police records show Grant served prison time on drug charges in the 1990s. He also has a criminal record in Florida, where his drug convictions date back to the 1980s.

Read more...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: September 19, 2012, 08:38:27 PM »

http://www.midlandsconnect.com/news/story.aspx?id=802970

Suspect in SC teen's disappearance indicted on federal weapons charge
Posted: 09.19.2012 at 4:21 PM

COLUMBIA (WACH) - A suspect in the disappearance of a missing Columbia teen has been indicted on a federal weapons charge, according to United States Attorney Bill Nettles.

Nettles announced Wednesday that Freddie Grant, 52, of Elgin was charged in a one-count indictment with being a felon in possession of ammunition.

Authorities say Grant could receive a maximum of 10 years in prison unless the court determines that he is an armed career criminal with three prior convictions for a violent felony or a serious drug offence. In that case, he would face a mandatory 15 years in jail and a maximum of life in prison.

Federal agents as well as investigators with the Richland County Sheriff's Department have looked into the case, according to officials. The case is being prosecuted as part of the joint federal, state and local Project CeaseFire initiative.
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.