March 28, 2024, 11:09:40 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Gabrielle "Gabbiee" Swainson 15, Missing from SC Home 8/18/12(Body Found)  (Read 101539 times)
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #120 on: July 17, 2013, 05:34:05 PM »

"Anything that could have been taken from that phone, we've done," Lott said.  "Now the fact that we can connect that phone to Freddie Grant and his daughter is just more evidence of what we already know that Freddie is responsible for kidnapping Gabbiee and for her disappearance."
http://www.wltx.com/news/article/242375/2/Sheriff-Evidence-Extracted-From-Gabbiees-Cell-Phone

good im betting the grants left more evidence somewhere to, the daughter will go down too
whats it call obstuction of justice,evidence tampering

yea  LE

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
darla
Monkey Junky

In Honor of my son Lt. Brandon W. Rollins LCSO.

« Reply #121 on: August 08, 2013, 07:24:39 PM »

Breaking News......http://www.wltx.com/news/article/245399/2/Sheriff-Lott-The-Search-for-Gabbiee-Swainson-is-Over

::snipping3::Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Richland County Sheriff Leon Lott says he believes his officers have found the location where the remains of missing Columbia teen Gabbiee Swainson have been found.

Lott says 53-year-old Freddie Grant led officers to a location near Elgin Thursday where Grant has said he buried the girl.

"The search for Gabbiee is over," Lott said. "She is coming home."

Swainson, 15, had been missing since August 18th, 2012.

Grant has been the prime suspect all along in Swainson's disappearance. He was being held in a prison in Kentucky after a conviction on a federal charge.

::snipping3::More at link!

You will never know that Faith in prayer is all you need,
until it is all you have left!
God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #122 on: August 08, 2013, 07:42:22 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/23088103/sheriff-leon-lott

Video at link.

God Bless!
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #123 on: August 08, 2013, 07:47:01 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/23088103/sheriff-leon-lott

Sheriff Leon Lott: "The search for Gabbiee is over"
Posted: Aug 08, 2013 3:39 PM PST Updated: Aug 08, 2013 4:43 PM PST
By Jeremy Turnage - email

Lott made the announcement Thursday evening at a 7 p.m. news conference.  Deputies are currently at the scene near the fire department in Elgin searching for Gabbiee's remains.  The area was searched when Gabbiee disappeared last August and the FBI set up a command post there.

"Many, many people walked that area," said Lott. "But the way she was concealed, you wouldn't know. The type of hole that he dug, the things he put on top of it.  The cadaver dog would not have been able to find it at the depth that it was.  We just couldn't find it.  There's just no way of finding it without someone taking us to that area and showing us."

"We've provided them with a backhoe," said Kershaw County Sheriff James Matthews. "They are continuing to dig.  They have found a body."

Matthews said although Swainson's body was found in Kershaw County, the case remains with the  Richland County Sheriff's Department.  Matthews was called to assist the investigation Thursday afternoon.

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #124 on: August 08, 2013, 07:55:01 PM »

So sad, but so glad she has been found. He gave up the info to help his daughter who got rid of the phone in Myrtle Beach. Sorry POS.

God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #125 on: August 08, 2013, 08:03:17 PM »

So sad, but so glad she has been found. He gave up the info to help his daughter who got rid of the phone in Myrtle Beach. Sorry POS.

Thank you for bringing the news Gabbiee's been found, darla.  I felt so badly for her mother not knowing where her daughter's remains were all this time. 

It's a shame a deal was made, but it may have been the only way Gabbiee could ever have been brought home. 

I hope there will be forensic evidence from Gabbiee's remains to help justice along.  Hoping and praying there will be justice for Gabbiee.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #126 on: August 08, 2013, 08:09:51 PM »

YW Muffy....She was only a a block or so from his home.  Sheriff Lott said that Freddie Grant did not lead them to the body out of the goodness of his heart! They said the way she was buried , she would have never been found if he had not taken them to the spot.

God Bless!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #127 on: August 08, 2013, 09:19:00 PM »

Thank you, Darla!  Gabbiee is coming home!  Rest in Peace, Gabbiee.  an angelic monkey

In the video, Sheriff Lott said that the turning point came when Freddie's daughter was arrested.
http://www.wltx.com/news/article/245399/2/Sheriff-Lott-The-Search-for-Gabbiee-Swainson-is-Over

In the article below, his daughter said that she was not going to lie for him, and she wanted Gabbiee to be found. 

http://www.thestate.com/2013/07/11/2857644/daughter-of-accused-kidnapper.html
Daughter of accused kidnapper charged in Gabrielle Swainson disappearance
Published: July 11, 2013

During sentencing, U.S. District Court Cameron McGowan Currie said prosecutors presented credible evidence to suggest Freddie Grant pressured his daughter to lie for him in federal court.

But at Thursday’s bond hearing, Dominique Grant said is innocent, that she wouldn’t lie for her father if it meant losing her freedom. She also wants Gabrielle to be found, she said.

“If I have to lose my freedom to find out what happened to her, that’s OK,” she said.

darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #128 on: August 08, 2013, 10:01:40 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/245399/2/Sheriff-Lott-The-Search-for-Gabbiee-Swainson-is-Over

::monkeyscissors::Just after 9 p.m. Thursday night, Kershaw County Sheriff Jim Matthews said crews finished removing the body from the scene, after an excavation effort that took several hours.

Lott was not specific, but said that something recovered at that scene led him to conclude beyond a doubt that his officers had found the girl's remains. :

God Bless!
darla
Monkey Junky

« Reply #129 on: August 08, 2013, 10:06:25 PM »

When I go that way again, I will leave a memorial for the Monkeys. I am familiar with the area. RIP Gabbiee!

God Bless!
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #130 on: August 08, 2013, 10:42:22 PM »

When I go that way again, I will leave a memorial for the Monkeys. I am familiar with the area. RIP Gabbiee!

Thank you darla. 

Rest in peace Gabbiee!   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #131 on: August 09, 2013, 10:48:51 AM »

Yes...TY Darla

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #132 on: August 09, 2013, 11:26:13 AM »

That will be so kind of you Darline.
 an angelic monkey

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #133 on: August 09, 2013, 02:17:06 PM »

http://www.thestate.com/2013/08/08/2908377/sheriff-calls-7-pm-press-conference.html
Body found in Elgin confirmed to be Gabrielle Swainson; suspect charged after leading deputies to grave
Published August 8, 2013, Updated August 9, 2013 (47 minutes ago)
UPDATE: 12:27 p.m.

Paperwork was filed Friday morning to drop charges against Freddie Grant’s daughter, who was accused in June of trying to mislead investigators looking into Gabrielle Swainson’s disappearance.

Dominique Grant was charged with accessory after the fact to a felony when she was spotted near a Myrtle Beach grocery store where a truck driver found Gabrielle’s phone in June. Dominique Grant has been held on a $300,000 bond at Alvin S. Glenn Detention Center for more than a month.

It’s believed that Dominique Grant’s release was part of a deal that led to her father revealing the location where he buried Gabrielle.

Meanwhile, Freddie Grant appeared before a magistrate judge Friday morning, where he was formally charged with murder in the teen’s death.

UPDATE 11:30 a.m.

Examiners Monday were able to confirm that the body found buried in Elgin Thursday was that of Gabrielle Swainson, according to a Richland County Sheriff’s Department release.

The girl’s identity was released as the Richland County Coroner’s Office conducts an autopsy. Exactly how Gabrielle died isn’t yet known, but that information will be released later by Richland County Coroner Gary Watts.
More....
Read more here: http://www.thestate.com/2013/08/08/2908377/sheriff-calls-7-pm-press-conference.html#storylink=cpy

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #134 on: August 10, 2013, 12:15:37 AM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/23093593/paperwork-filed-to-dispose-charges-against-dominque-grant

Dominique Grant released from jail, paperwork filed to dispose of charges
Posted: Aug 09, 2013 10:50 AM CDT Updated: Aug 09, 2013 3:20 PM CDT

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
Dominique Grant, the daughter of murder suspect Freddie Grant, is out of jail and paperwork has been filed to dispose of the accessory after the fact charge against her.

"A point where this case took a very important turn was where Freddie's daughter, Dominique, was arrested," said Lott. "That was, I guess, the breaking point as far as to getting Freddie to lead us to where Gabbiee was at. So I don't want anybody to think he did this out of his conscience or he felt bad for Gabbiee or Elvia or this community. He didn't do that.  He did it solely because his daughter was arrested and she was facing some very serious jail time. That's what we needed."

The Sheriff alluded to a deal between Freddie and investigators in order for Freddie to give up the location of Swainson's body, but Lott never elaborated on the details of that deal.

It is not clear if Dominique's charges being disposed was part of the deal. 

According to criminal defense attorney Joe McCulloch, deals like this are not uncommon to get results.

"No, it's not all that unusual," said McCulloch. "There are a number of factors, the significance of his daughter's complicity here, whether she cooperated."

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #135 on: August 12, 2013, 07:14:20 PM »

RIP Gabbiee...u did nothing to deserve what happened to u. I am so sorry that u did not get to grow up sweet girl.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #136 on: August 13, 2013, 09:32:48 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/23127580/freddie-grant-to-appear-in-court-on-murder-charge

Freddie Grant to appear in court on murder charge
Posted: Aug 13, 2013 4:06 PM CDT Updated: Aug 13, 2013 4:08 PM CDT 

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
The man accused of kidnapping and killing 15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson will appear in court on Wednesday afternoon.

Freddie Grant, 53, is scheduled to be at Richland County General Sessions court at 2:30 p.m. to hear the charge of murder.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #137 on: August 14, 2013, 01:11:56 PM »

http://www.wltx.com/news/article/245841/2/Funeral-Services-Set-for-Gabbiee-Swainson-
Funeral Services Set for Gabbiee Swainson
August 12, 2013

Columbia, SC (WLTX) - Funeral services have been set for Columbia teen Gabbiee Swainson.

Services will take place Sunday at 6 p.m. at the Right Direction Church on Broad River Road in Columbia.

The service will take place one year after the 15 year old body was kidnapped from her home. Her body was found last Thursday in a field in Elgin. She had been missing for 357 days.

Meanwhile, the town of Elgin is holding a candlelight vigil for Swainson on Wednesday night at 8:15 at the Town Square on Main Street. The event is open to everyone.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #138 on: August 14, 2013, 01:13:37 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/23130252/coroner-gabbiee-swainson-died-of-homicidal-violence
Coroner: Gabbiee Swainson died of "homicidal violence"
August 13, 2013

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
Richland County Coroner Gary Watts confirmed that 15-year-old Gabbiee Swainson died as a result of homicidal violence.
The coroner plans to release a more in-depth report detailing the circumstances surrounding Gabbiee's death.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #139 on: August 14, 2013, 06:33:48 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/23137035/court-documents-reveal-gabbiee-swainson-died-of-asphyxiation

Court documents reveal Gabbiee Swainson died of asphyxiation
Posted: Aug 14, 2013 1:07 PM CDT Updated: Aug 14, 2013 2:18 PM CDT

COLUMBIA, SC (WIS) -
Gabbiee Swainson died from asphyxiation, according to court documents.

An indictment for murder signed by Fifth Circuit Solicitor Dan Johnson reads: "That Freddie Grant did in Richland County on or about August 18, 2012, willfully, feloniously, and intentionally kill the victim, Gabrielle Swainson, with malice aforethought, either express or implied, by means of asphyxiation, and the victim did die as a proximate result thereof.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.