March 28, 2024, 11:54:16 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Student's mouth stapled, jaw broken in alleged hate crime  (Read 2772 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: August 29, 2012, 12:56:43 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/254265/40/Students-mouth-stapled-jaw-broken-in-alleged-hate-crime
10:31 AM, Aug 29, 2012

Zachary told police the two men then "stapled me in the back side of my bottom teeth, starting in my gums and going upwards," his father read Tuesday from Zachary's statement to East Lansing Police.

Zachary told his parents no one at the party helped him as he was attacked then thrown out of the gathering. He took a cab to Sparrow Hospital in Lansing for initial treatment, but underwent surgery in metro Detroit overnight to have his jaw wired shut, his mother said.

I am posting this because of the sheer hard-heartedness.  How could these young people stand there watching this and not try to stop it?  Where has our compassion and sense of justice gone?

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: August 29, 2012, 02:25:52 PM »

http://www.11alive.com/news/article/254265/40/Students-mouth-stapled-jaw-broken-in-alleged-hate-crime
10:31 AM, Aug 29, 2012

Zachary told police the two men then "stapled me in the back side of my bottom teeth, starting in my gums and going upwards," his father read Tuesday from Zachary's statement to East Lansing Police.

Zachary told his parents no one at the party helped him as he was attacked then thrown out of the gathering. He took a cab to Sparrow Hospital in Lansing for initial treatment, but underwent surgery in metro Detroit overnight to have his jaw wired shut, his mother said.

I am posting this because of the sheer hard-heartedness.  How could these young people stand there watching this and not try to stop it?  Where has our compassion and sense of justice gone?

So much for our so called "civilization."   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
spayneuteryourpets
Scared Monkey

« Reply #2 on: August 29, 2012, 07:40:23 PM »

I've never understood why some people want to hurt a Jewish person.  Prejudice is so stupid and petty.   
joan+20
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #3 on: September 17, 2012, 11:02:38 AM »

I've never understood why some people want to hurt a Jewish person.  Prejudice is so stupid and petty.   
joan+20
Joan, I don't understand not only why people want to hurt people from different ethnic backgrounds, but hurt anyone at all.  Have we totally lost any respect for people?  This is so horrible, but I am so relieved this young man has a support system and I hope they find and convict those who did this unspeakable act to this fellow.

spayneuteryourpets
Scared Monkey

« Reply #4 on: October 12, 2012, 10:19:58 AM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/08/29/zach-tennen-michigan-attacked-jewish_n_1840923.html

Well, I didn't expect this.  It appears I need to be more skeptical of victims.
joan+20
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2012, 02:17:07 AM »

So, the guy got his butt kicked and then lied and played the victim.  What a weasel.

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2012, 11:15:16 AM »

Wonder if the victim was trying to get the charges upgraded from assault to a hate crime?   

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.