March 28, 2024, 09:53:52 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivy Dawn Merck , 24, msg. 8/23/12 GA(Found Safe)  (Read 14026 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: August 31, 2012, 03:40:21 PM »

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-08-30/news/fl-missing-georgia-woman-20120830_1_missing-georgia-woman-marshalls-store-persons-detectives

Ivy Dawn Merck, 24, was last seen Aug. 23 in Kingsland, Ga., detectives said.

Merck's dark green 2008 Honda CRV was found around 10 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of a Marshalls store at 3850 W. Hillsboro Blvd., in Deerfield Beach.
« Last Edit: September 15, 2012, 10:13:23 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

These are my opinions and subject to change.
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #1 on: August 31, 2012, 03:43:23 PM »

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/articles/2012/08/31/news/top_stories/1topstory8.31.txt
Police search for missing girl
Published: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:13 AM EDT

Merck, a Camden native and University of Georgia graduate, was listed as missing after her father, Steven Merck, told police in Athens that his daughter never arrived home in Kingsland last Thursday.

According to the missing persons report filed with the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, Merck told her roommate and supervisor at the Good Hands Vet Clinic, where she worked as a vet tech, on Tuesday, Aug. 21, that she was leaving Athens to drive home to Kingsland.

On Aug. 23, the Good Hands clinic received a text from Merck and a request for copies of her dog's medical records from the clinic where Merck boarded the dog until Thursday, Aug. 30.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #2 on: August 31, 2012, 05:15:21 PM »

http://articles.sun-sentinel.com/2012-08-30/news/fl-missing-georgia-woman-20120830_1_missing-georgia-woman-marshalls-store-persons-detectives

Ivy Dawn Merck, 24, was last seen Aug. 23 in Kingsland, Ga., detectives said.

Merck's dark green 2008 Honda CRV was found around 10 p.m. Wednesday in the parking lot of a Marshalls store at 3850 W. Hillsboro Blvd., in Deerfield Beach.

wow thats 346 mile from Kingsland, GA, from  Deerfield Beach you can go west or to mid fla.
or disappear in miami hopefully there are vids along the way to and at store pk lot
http://goo.gl/maps/44fNH

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #3 on: August 31, 2012, 10:41:09 PM »

I'd like to know exactly who saw her in Kingsland. It wasn't her father.  He last heard from her when she was in Athens which is 280 miles north of Kingsland.  So, unless they have concrete proof that she was in Kingsland, she could be anywhere within southeastern US by now.

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #4 on: September 01, 2012, 01:55:02 AM »

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/articles/2012/08/31/news/top_stories/1topstory8.31.txt
Police search for missing girl
Published: Friday, August 31, 2012 10:13 AM EDT

Merck, a Camden native and University of Georgia graduate, was listed as missing after her father, Steven Merck, told police in Athens that his daughter never arrived home in Kingsland last Thursday.

According to the missing persons report filed with the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, Merck told her roommate and supervisor at the Good Hands Vet Clinic, where she worked as a vet tech, on Tuesday, Aug. 21, that she was leaving Athens to drive home to Kingsland.

On Aug. 23, the Good Hands clinic received a text from Merck and a request for copies of her dog's medical records from the clinic where Merck boarded the dog until Thursday, Aug. 30.

This dog issue is confusing.  It is written as though she picked up the dog herself, but that isn't possible if she went missing 8/23.  Did her family pick up the dog?  If she was boarding the dog while she was gone why would she need the records?  Could she have been trying to signal that something was wrong? 

Heck, the entire article is confusing.  It says she "told her roommate and supervisor...on Tuesday, Aug. 21 that she was leaving".  Is that the same person or 2 people?  Did she just inform them on Aug. 21 that she would be leaving on another day or did she say that Aug. 21 was her departure date?

Either this is a very poorly written article or they know much more than they want the public to know. 
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 01, 2012, 11:07:09 AM »

Missing Georgia Woman May Be Near Boca Raton
August 30, 2012 4:29 pm
By BocaNewsNow.com Staff
 ::snipping2::
BOCA RATON, FL (BocaNewsNow.com) — BocaNewsNow.com has learned that a woman missing from Georgia — 24 year old Ivy Dawn Merck — may be in or near Deerfield Beach. Friends of the young woman emailed us to share local news reports that her cell phone reportedly pinged off a tower in Boca Raton.
http://bocanewsnow.com/2012/08/30/missing-georgia-woman-may-be-near-boca-raton/

Athens, GA - to - Kingsland, GA 280 miles
http://goo.gl/maps/87x23

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #6 on: September 02, 2012, 03:57:09 PM »

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/UPDATE-Still-no-sign-of-missing-woman/2X89SZzNfka654BHqwixag.cspx

UPDATE: Still no sign of missing woman

Apparently they believe she was in Kingsland on the 23rd.  Wonder who saw her?  Maybe she was planning a vacation preceding the Labor Day Holiday?   

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #7 on: September 02, 2012, 04:01:32 PM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Woman-s-disappearance-remains-a-mystery/-/475880/16445796/-/o9wbdqz/-/index.html
Woman's disappearance remains a mystery-
24-year-old Kingsland woman last seen at animal clinic Aug. 23

Camden County deputies said Merck was last seen in Kingsland at Laurel Oaks Animal Hospital near Interstate 95.

Investigators said Merck went to the animal hospital in Kingsland to board her dog. The owner of the clinic didn't want to comment Friday.

Deputies in Broward County, Fla., found Merck's SUV at a shopping center in Deerfield Beach on Wednesday.

"We don't want to talk about what was in the car," Terrel said. "Some of her belongings were in the car. It was clearly her vehicle. She had been in it."

Merck's father, who lives in Kingsland, told detectives he could not imagine who his daughter could be with. He said he's called her friends and nobody knows what happened to her. And he told investigators he doesn't know of anyone that his daughter may have ongoing problems with

yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #8 on: September 02, 2012, 07:20:19 PM »

Thanks for posting that KittyMom.  So she did make it Kingsland, but she didn't make it home.  According to Wikipedia the 2010 census said 12,305 residents. It's can't even qualify as a suburb because the nearest big city is Jacksonville and that's almost 36 miles away.  With the animal clinic being right off I-95 http://maps.google.com/maps?q=kingsland+georgia&hl=en&ll=30.763964,-81.615715&spn=0.172286,0.220757&sll=38.498779,-98.320078&sspn=5.020872,7.064209&hnear=Kingsland,+Camden,+Georgia&t=m&z=12 she would be such an easy target.  Would really like to think she is simply taking a 2 week break from real life.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #9 on: September 03, 2012, 12:28:52 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/imerck?ref=ts

Ivy Merck

Works at Good Hands Veterinary Hospital
Studied at University of Georgia
Lives in Athens, Georgia
From Kingsland, Georgia

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 03, 2012, 12:43:26 AM »

Odd?

https://www.facebook.com/bmunroe/posts/10101569527326500

Bailee Munroe
Thursday near Athens, GA

Thanks everyone for the concern. Quick ask.. please refrain from contacting media outlets and re-posting. I know these are well-intentioned, but are not helpful at this time. Please leave that process to the immediate family. Appreciate your respect for our family's privacy and continued prayers.
15 people like this.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #11 on: September 03, 2012, 09:07:22 AM »

Odd?

Bailee Munroe
Thursday near Athens, GA

Thanks everyone for the concern. Quick ask.. please refrain from contacting media outlets and re-posting. I know these are well-intentioned, but are not helpful at this time. Please leave that process to the immediate family. Appreciate your respect for our family's privacy and continued prayers.
15 people like this.

i dont FB,i got this off the google search pg,is this the same Bailee Munroe?

Bailee Munroe | Facebook
www.facebook.com/bmunroe
Bailee Munroe has worked at University of Georgia (Office Assistant), studied at University of Georgia, lives in Athens, Georgia and is from Kingsland, Georgia.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 03, 2012, 11:41:11 AM »

Odd?

Bailee Munroe
Thursday near Athens, GA

15 people like this.

i dont FB,i got this off the google search pg,is this the same Bailee Munroe?

Bailee Munroe | Facebook
www.facebook.com/bmunroe
Bailee Munroe has worked at University of Georgia (Office Assistant), studied at University of Georgia, lives in Athens, Georgia and is from Kingsland, Georgia.

Yes, that's her.

She is in pictures from 2008 on Ivy's page, that's why I looked at her page.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 03, 2012, 11:53:32 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/jim.munroe.5/posts/520058968009911

Jim Munroe
August 30
My Friends, I know everything that you have done and said over these past few days has been out of love for Ivy and her family. I urge you and plead with you to stop the post and reposts, the phone calls and text messages. Many law enforcement agencies are involved and are doing all they can, let them do their work. Unless you have immediate information please refrain from these. Your continued prayers are needed and so very much appreciated.
6 people like this.

Tracey Nishimoto Harlan Will do Jim. I apologize for the added chaos. Love and {{hugs}} to you and Cathy ♥♥♥
August 30 at 8:43pm · 1

Chip Strickland Well said my brother. There are several agencies working very hard around the clock. We need to trust God and allow the authorities to do their jobs.
August 30 at 10:15pm

Lisa Wells Bettinger You don't mean to stop posting her picture with the info right??
Friday at 7:03am via mobile

Mike Rickenberg While I agree with your request for people to stop the texts and phone calls I think re-posting Ivy's picture and information can keep people aware of the fact that she needs to be found. We can't have too many people looking for her. Police agencies are working hard but[ most of the time they rely on witnesses and sightings to get their job done. Our prayers and thoughts are with Ivy and her family and friends.
Friday at 8:46am · 2

Steve Stubblefield Jim, what is going on?
Friday at 9:15am

Carol Cook McManus-susie McManus Prayin for her safe return !!!!!
Saturday at 1:02pm via mobile

cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #14 on: September 03, 2012, 12:24:14 PM »

more odd,what happened to missing do everything you can to find the missing person

Ivy Merck Case & The Media
15 Comments
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/TVNNJNCIVR9TOVJ4Q

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 03, 2012, 01:07:00 PM »

more odd,what happened to missing do everything you can to find the missing person

Ivy Merck Case & The Media
15 Comments
http://www.topix.com/forum/city/st-marys-ga/TVNNJNCIVR9TOVJ4Q

I know, it seems very odd imo too.   

There was a comment at that link, and I've read a couple other comments on FB as well about a  note found in her car.  Wonder if there really was a note?

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #16 on: September 03, 2012, 06:59:49 PM »

I've heard rumors from friends in Athens that there was a suicide note in car.  Even if true, I don't understand asking folks to not reposting her info.  Most people are just trying to help out of concern.

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: September 04, 2012, 12:16:19 AM »

FWIW - posted over at Websleuths:

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?s=39b7a10003efc93f25ed71d38ed2409d&t=183269&page=17

Yesterday, 01:32 PM

sadnpod

I don't have time to catch up on the thread, but I just spoke with a relative of Ivy's. None of this is verified, so just more rumors at this point, but rumors from a close relative.

This is what I was told:

Ivy lied to her boss and her roommate and told them her grandfather had died and she needed time off. She did not tell her parents (who are not divorced and seem to be together) that she was coming to Kingsland. She borrowed $750 from her very much alive grandfather, saying she needed tires for her car. Ivy did drop her dog off at the Laurel Island Animal Clinic. But neglected to drop off the paperwork showing the dog had its shots, the Animal Clinic contacted her parents about the paperwork when she couldnt be reached and thats when rumors started about her missing.. Her parents, not knowing she was even coming to Kingsland, contacted room mate and her work and discovered the lie about her gpa. After the police were contacted, Ivy must have heard of the uproar and abandoned her car and phone in a place where she knew it would be found. There was a note asking whoever found the car to tell her parents she is okay and just needed time.
Her family does believe that this has snowballed on her and she is very embarrassed for being caught in her lies about the money and her gpa. Knowing we have all done embarrassing things (especially in our twenties), they have tried to keep the media attention to a minimum until LE decides if she is missing on her own or if she was abducted. They are checking camera's in the area her car was found, and checking cruise lines out of Ft Lauderdale. As of today, the source I spoke with does not know the results of the investigation.

One thing about cruises during hurricane season, is that they are very cheap and she could book a long cruise with spending money for $750. Without a phone, she could very well be spending this time getting her thoughts together.

I have known this family for years, her older brother went to school with my daughter, and Ivy went to school with my son. They are a Christian family and very private. Understanding that Ivy is of age, she just needs to contact her family and let them know she is okay. Until LE says otherwise, I believe, as her family does, that there is no foul play and she is "missing" by her own choice.

Ivy, if you are reading here, please just contact your mom and dad and let them know you are ok. No need to be embarrassed, we have all been there. We all just want to know you are safe.

Hope this helps, I will let you all know if I hear any more details.

Welcome to Websleuths all you Camden locals... see ya at the Catfish Festival!

ETA: Her car did not have new tires, and her dog was picked up by her dad. Of course, I realize there is still a chance of foul play, that someone (maybe an internet connection) could have gotten her to lie and get the money and did harm to her. We all know how devious a perp can be, and I do believe that she is a very naive and innocent girl for her age. I will continue to hope for the best and send good vibes to her and her family.
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 05, 2012, 11:42:24 PM »

http://www2.wsav.com/news/2012/sep/05/search-continues-missing-camden-county-woman-ar-4484689/
Search Continues For Missing Camden County Woman
Search efforts move to Broward County, FL.

September 5, 2012

WOODBINE, GA --

Authorities in Camden County, GA are searching for Ivy Merck, reported missing last week. Recently, hr vehicle was discovered in a neighboring county in Florida.

Wednesday, investigators made the following appeal to the media and the public:

"Ivy Dawn Merck, 24, a Camden County native but recently of Athens, Ga., has not been seen since Thursday, August, 23, 2012. On Thursday, August 30, 2012, her car was located in Deerfield Beach, Fla., in Broward County. Investigators with the Camden County Sheriff's Office, the Broward County Sheriff's Office, the Kingsland Police Department and the Athens-Clarke County Police Department continue to search for Miss Merck. She has been listed as missing/endangered. There have been several reported sightings of Miss Merck around the country. Every potential sighting is being investigated but so far none of the sightings have been verified.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 05, 2012, 11:44:28 PM »

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/articles/2012/09/05/news/top_stories/1topstory9.5.txt
Police continue search for Merck
September 5, 2012

Sheriff's office investigators do not yet suspect foul play in the case of missing 24-year-old Camden native Ivy Dawn Merck.

Detectives are now trying to determine Merck's frame of mind as they trace her route from Athens, where she lived and worked as a vet tech, to Deerfield Beach, Fla., where her Honda CRV was discovered late last week, according to sheriff's office spokesman Deputy William Terrell.

"There is no evidence that a crime has been committed," Terrell said on Tuesday. "At this point we know she is gone and we know how, she traveled to Florida and her car was left there. Why that happened is one of the things we are trying to determine."
Merck's name and description have since been entered into Georgia, Florida and national crime center computer networks, Terrell said.

"We are trying to backtrack with her life to try to understand what may have led her to do that; why the sudden disappearance," Terrell said. "That is the direction we are trying to move."

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.