April 25, 2024, 05:13:37 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Ivy Dawn Merck , 24, msg. 8/23/12 GA(Found Safe)  (Read 14077 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: September 05, 2012, 11:45:50 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/article/272101/483/Search-for-missing-Camden-woman-focuses-on-Broward-County
Search for missing Camden woman focuses on Broward County
September 5, 2012

::snipping2::
The Camden County Sheriff's Office is looking into several reported sightings of Ivy Dawn Merck, 24, who now resides in Athens, Ga., according to a release from the CCSO.

Investigators say Merck hasn't been seen since since Thursday, August 23. Her car was found on Thursday, August 30 in Deerfield Beach, Fla.

The Sheriff's Office says so far there's no indication that any crime has been committed by they can't rule out foul play. Also working on the case are the Broward County Sheriff's Office, the Athens-Clarke County Police Department, and the Kingsland Police Department.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: September 09, 2012, 06:47:31 PM »

http://onlineathens.com/local-news/2012-09-06/missing-athens-woman-left-notes-car-found-florida
Missing Athens woman left notes in car found in Florida
Updated September 6, 2012

Ivy Dawn Merck had told people that she was leaving Athens to visit her parents in her hometown of Kingsland, Ga., in Camden County, but she never arrived, authorities said.

The University of Georgia graduate who lived on Inglewood Avenue left notes in the car for her parents and roommate that described personal problems she needed to work out, authorities said.

Merck did not appear to be suicidal in the notes, according to Deputy William Terrell, spokesman for the Camden County Sheriff’s Office.

“The notes she left in her car are a bit vague and open to interpretation, but there was no direct implication that she intended to hurt herself,” Terrell said.

Still, authorities are looking for the woman with great urgency because they cannot rule out the possibility of foul play, according to Terrell.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: September 09, 2012, 06:49:29 PM »

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/articles/2012/09/07/news/top_stories/1topstory9.7.txt
Merck left notes for parents, roommate; police still searching
September 7, 2012

Two notes were found inside Ivy Dawn Merck's car when the Honda CRV was located Aug. 30 in Deerfield Beach, Fla. Merck, 24, has been missing since Thursday, Aug. 23, and was last seen in Kingsland.

The notes were to her parents and roommate, Camden County Sheriff's Office Deputy William Terrell said.

"Neither was more than a page long," he said. "It was basically her apologizing for leaving and saying that she had a lot of stuff going on in her life and that she needed to get away for a while."

There are more specifics in the notes but, citing an ongoing investigation, Terrell said CCSO would not release any further information at this time.
here were two false sightings of Merck in other states Labor Day weekend, Terrell said.

"It's really trying to understand, trying to get at where she was in that time of her life," he said. "This is a very conscientious young lady, a very bright, beautiful person and to disappear like this is very atypical for her as far as we can tell - this is not her typical behavior to just disappear. That's one of the things that is very worrisome; she's just gone. Since the 23rd, nobody we know of has had any contact with her. It's very strange."

Merck is listed as 5 feet, 1 inch tall and 115 pounds with brown eyes and dark blonde to brown hair.

Anyone with information about Merck's whereabouts can call the CCSO on a dedicated line at (912) 510-5115 or send an email to helpfindivy@gmail.com. The phones will be manned 24 hours a day, seven days a week.

Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: September 11, 2012, 11:48:34 AM »

Police release new information in case of missing Camden County woman
10:58 AM, Sep 11, 2012

CAMDEN COUNTY, Ga. -- On Tuesday morning, the Camden County Sheriff's Office released new information in the case of missing woman Ivy Merck.  Merck was last seen in Athens, Ga. on August 23.

Deputy William Terrell, public information officer for the Camden County Sheriff's Office, said they are following up on every lead they have received. Last week, CNN featured Merck's story, which generated some additional tips.

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/topstories/article/273005/483/Police-release-new-information-in-missing-woman-case
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: September 11, 2012, 11:50:37 AM »

Missing woman's car found 350 miles away.By Annette Smith
 Fri September 07, 2012

Two weeks ago, 24-year-old Ivy Merck made the 350-mile drive from where she lives in Athens, Georgia to Kingsland, Georgia.  She was there supposedly to visit her family. Merck dropped her dog Huxley off at the veterinarian in Kingsland on August 23rd and said she would be back in a week. But no one saw Ivy again.  Her father reported her missing five days later.

Ivy’s car was found in the parking lot of a strip mall in Deerfield Beach, Florida a week after she was last seen. Police say some of her belongings were inside

http://www.hlntv.com/video/2012/09/06/jvm-ivy-merck
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: September 12, 2012, 11:41:21 AM »

Police shifting focus in Merck case
Published: Wednesday, September 12, 2012 10:13 AM EDT

Sheriff's office investigators are taking the search for Ivy Merck in a new direction.

Merck, 24, has been missing since Aug. 23, but notes to her family and roommate found inside her vehicle, abandoned in Deerfield Beach, Fla., stated she "needed to get away for a while," according to sheriff's office spokesman Deputy William Terrell.

Now, detectives are meeting with criminal profilers to discuss the case and get their opinions, Terrell said

http://www.tribune-georgian.com/articles/2012/09/12/news/top_stories/1topstory9.12.txt
Northern Rose
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: September 14, 2012, 11:42:22 AM »

Missing woman update: Ivy Merck
14 Sep 2012

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. -- Investigators believe the woman who disappeared from Camden County, Ivy Merck, may have intended to harm herself.

September 14th is Merck's 25th birthday. Investigators encourage any friends, family or concerned citizens to post a birthday message on her Facebook page or elsewhere in hopes that if she is ok and has Internet access she will see the messages.

Grainy video was recovered from a coffee shop near where her car was found in Deerfield Beach, Fla. The video, taken about midday on August 24, is believed to be that of Ivy.

http://www.actionnewsjax.com/content/topstories/story/ivy-merck/D38wCyqnTkSkkIo41Ikofg.cspx
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #27 on: September 14, 2012, 09:33:40 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/273459/5/Police-missing-Camden-woman-may-have-harmed-herself

Police: Missing Camden woman may have harmed herself

12:32 AM, Sep 14, 2012

CAMDEN COUNTY, Ga. -- Camden County Sheriff's Detectives and Kingsland Police are now saying missing 24-year-old Ivy Merck may have intended to harm herself.

Investigators met with a group of criminal profilers from around the world Thursday morning to discuss Merck's disappearance. That's according to the Camden County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

"After exhausting every available lead, examining all the available evidence and consulting with profilers, investigators have determined that there is a high probability Ivy may have intended to harm herself," the post said.

"Everyone involved hopes Ivy can be brought home safely but the likelihood of that happening greatly diminishes every day."

Friday, September 14th, is Merck's 25th birthday. Investigators are asking friends and family to post a birthday message on her Facebook wall.

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: September 14, 2012, 09:52:47 PM »

http://www.firstcoastnews.com/news/article/273459/5/Police-missing-Camden-woman-may-have-harmed-herself

Police: Missing Camden woman may have harmed herself

12:32 AM, Sep 14, 2012

CAMDEN COUNTY, Ga. -- Camden County Sheriff's Detectives and Kingsland Police are now saying missing 24-year-old Ivy Merck may have intended to harm herself.

Investigators met with a group of criminal profilers from around the world Thursday morning to discuss Merck's disappearance. That's according to the Camden County Sheriff's Office Facebook page.

"After exhausting every available lead, examining all the available evidence and consulting with profilers, investigators have determined that there is a high probability Ivy may have intended to harm herself," the post said.

"Everyone involved hopes Ivy can be brought home safely but the likelihood of that happening greatly diminishes every day."

Friday, September 14th, is Merck's 25th birthday. Investigators are asking friends and family to post a birthday message on her Facebook wall.

I had hoped for some good news today for the missing young woman with the lovely name of "Ivy Dawn".  Happy 25th birthday, wherever you may be!!  

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: September 14, 2012, 10:26:32 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindIvyDawnMerck

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

chi-monkey
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: September 15, 2012, 08:14:41 PM »

Found safe today at the Miami police station.  Information is on the link above ...it is on the facebook page.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: September 15, 2012, 08:53:45 PM »

Thanks, chi-monkey!  Yippee!  Ivy is found! 

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Missing-woman-Ivy-Dawn-Merck-found-alive-in-Miami/-/475880/16619346/-/diu5qd/-/index.html

Missing woman, Ivy Merck, found alive in Miami
Woman last scene in Georgia Aug. 23
Published On: Sep 15 2012 06:58:35 PM EDT Updated On: Sep 15 2012 08:03:53 PM EDT

MIAMI, Fla. -
Missing for 23 days, Ivy Dawn Merck has been found alive in South Florida Saturday and is with her family, according to the Camden County Sheriff's Office.

Public Information Officer William Terrell said Merck was discovered in Miami.  He did not reveal how the missing woman was located or what physical condition she was in.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: September 15, 2012, 09:22:42 PM »

http://jacksonville.com/news/crime/2012-09-15/story/missing-camden-county-woman-found-alive-miami

Missing Camden County woman found alive in Miami
Posted: September 15, 2012 - 8:21pm  |  Updated: September 15, 2012 - 8:58pm

It’s unknown at this time how Merck was located or what she was doing in Miami. A short release from the Camden County Sheriff’s Office said Merck was with her parents and more details would come.

Sheriff Tommy Gregory said he didn’t want to comment because he had only been cursorily briefed in the matter and wanted to give the family time to unite. He said he’ll get a full briefing on the case Monday.

Read more...
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: September 15, 2012, 10:12:41 PM »

Found safe today at the Miami police station.  Information is on the link above ...it is on the facebook page.

Moving this to "Missing Found Safe"!! 

sassifrass
Monkey Junky

Where are you Kyron?

« Reply #34 on: September 16, 2012, 11:58:53 AM »

http://www.news4jax.com/news/Missing-woman-Ivy-Dawn-Merck-found-alive-in-Miami/-/475880/16619346/-/diu5qd/-/index.html

Missing woman, Ivy Merck, found alive in Miami
Woman last scene in Georgia Aug. 23

Published On: Sep 15 2012

From Comments:

Glenn Adams · Top Commenter · Southern tech ga/Dekalb College
Via Monica Caison 6:30pm Sep 15 Monica is founder of CUE SAR - NC Missing Persons
Amazing today CUE volunteers on the ground and family of Missing Ivy Merck down in MIami, FL in search efforts. The family ran out of flyers so they were directed to get more copies of the flyer at the near by police station. While trying to find the correct door for the entrance, at about 5:30 pm they found Ivy sitting on the steps of the police station. It is a true celebration right now...Thank you for all of those who set out on the long trip to Miami on this awareness campaign, it worked!

"Miracles do happen"
WS

THAT, IMO, IS a miracle.  an angelic monkey

"Our prime purpose in this life is to help others. And if you can't help them, at least don't hurt them." ~ Dalai Lama
yuknomenot
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: September 16, 2012, 06:45:27 PM »

How wonderful!   

And also quite odd.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: September 17, 2012, 10:45:57 AM »

Yes,miracles do happen -- every day!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: September 17, 2012, 01:16:13 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/FindIvyDawnMerck

Find Ivy Dawn Merck
3 hours ago.

Thank you for the prayers and positive thoughts you were sending our way. There was definitely the hand of God in this whole process, as there is no other way to explain it. I could do a long write up here, but as the expression goes, a picture tells a thousand words...

cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: September 17, 2012, 08:22:27 PM »

glad that she is safe

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: September 18, 2012, 11:20:46 PM »

So glad she's found and safe!   

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.