March 28, 2024, 04:44:20 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Kathleen Savio #2 (DP Guilty) 2/22/13 -  (Read 97360 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 11, 2012, 07:51:29 AM »

an angelic monkeyJustice for Kathleen Savio an angelic monkey
« Last Edit: February 22, 2013, 09:56:05 AM by MuffyBee » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 05:07:13 PM »

::justice2NJ:: ::justice2NJ::

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2013, 04:54:24 AM »

Perhaps another Mod could bring a couple posts over........thanks.

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2013, 09:53:43 AM »

Nut - I merged the thread #2 you started today with one that was started previously.  Ain't it grand Drew Peterson will have to face justice?!

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2013, 09:55:17 AM »

I'm going to bring over a post or two from the other thread.  MB  ::bee

Three-page article

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-sentence-20130221,0,1883440.story

Drew Peterson sentenced to 38 years
3:39 p.m. CST, February 21, 2013

Moments after he screamed in court, "I did not kill Kathleen," Drew Peterson was sentenced to 38 years in prison for the 2004 murder of his third wife Kathleen Savio.

Peterson had faced as much as 60 years, but Judge Edward Burmila said he gave Peterson some consideration for his years as a police officer and his service in the military.

The sentence was handed down after Peterson, who did not testify at this trial, made an emotional appeal to the judge, at times appearing to choke up.

Peterson began by telling the judge, "Good day, my name is Drew Peterson. I hope I don't aggravate the situation here, but I have a lot of things to be said." Then he screamed, "I did not kill Kathleen!"

"Yes, you did," a woman said.

"Ma'am, I'd like you to leave the courtroom," Burmila said. "And Mr. Peterson, don't make any outbursts that are designed to aggravate people."

"I'm sorry, your honor. I must have been woozy," Peterson said.
 ::snipping2::

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2013, 10:20:56 AM »

"woozy"?  whatever!! haha!
 ::justice2NJ::

jamcakes
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2013, 10:16:48 PM »

request denied

Bubba is waiting for you, Drew!   

Challapalca him!
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2013, 10:22:02 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-sentence-20130221,0,1883440.story

Drew Peterson transferred to Pontiac prison
8:18 p.m. CST, February 22, 2013

Drew Peterson’s new life as an Illinois Department of Corrections inmate has begun.

Peterson was transferred this morning to the Stateville Correctional Center near Crest Hill, where he was evaluated for placement based upon factors such as his conviction, length of sentence, program needs and medical and mental health requirements.

Peterson stayed at Stateville only a few hours before being sent to his new home at Pontiac prison northeast of Bloomington, a maximum security facility that has a protective custody unit.  The assignment was based upon factors such as his conviction, length of sentence, program needs and medical and mental health requirements, per Illinois Department of Correction protocol.

Officials have not said whether he has a cellmate or if he will be in solitary confinement like he had been during his jail stay.

As part of his daily routine there, he will remain in his cell for most of the day, though he will be allowed out for meals and showers. Most inmates also get about five hours of recreation time outside per week, Illinois Department of Corrections spokesman Stacey Solano said
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: February 24, 2013, 04:43:47 AM »

Nut - I merged the thread #2 you started today with one that was started previously.  Ain't it grand Drew Peterson will have to face justice?!

Cool......I am 'rusty', lol.

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: February 28, 2013, 10:58:23 PM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-moved-to-menard-prison-20130228,0,3458222.story

Drew Peterson moved to Menard prison, 3rd prison since sentencing
6:41 p.m. CST, February 28, 2013

Drew Peterson has been relocated to his third prison in less than a week.

The former Bolingbrook police sergeant is now at Menard Correctional Center, a maximum security facility that is currently on lockdown because of a recent assault on staff members.

Peterson, 59, was sentenced to 38 years in prison last week for murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004. Since his sentencing, he has had stops at both Stateville and Pontiac prisons.

An Illinois Department of Corrections spokeswoman would not comment on the reason for his transfer today to Menard, which is located in downstate Randolph County. The facility is regarded as one of the toughest prisons in the state, but his attorneys say incarceration is difficult regardless of the location.
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #10 on: March 02, 2013, 10:34:45 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/breaking/chi-drew-peterson-moved-to-menard-prison-20130228,0,3458222.story

Drew Peterson moved to Menard prison, 3rd prison since sentencing
6:41 p.m. CST, February 28, 2013

Drew Peterson has been relocated to his third prison in less than a week.

The former Bolingbrook police sergeant is now at Menard Correctional Center, a maximum security facility that is currently on lockdown because of a recent assault on staff members.

Peterson, 59, was sentenced to 38 years in prison last week for murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio, in 2004. Since his sentencing, he has had stops at both Stateville and Pontiac prisons.

An Illinois Department of Corrections spokeswoman would not comment on the reason for his transfer today to Menard, which is located in downstate Randolph County. The facility is regarded as one of the toughest prisons in the state, but his attorneys say incarceration is difficult regardless of the location.

We so sorry "incarceration is difficult"  -- NOT!

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: March 05, 2013, 08:40:09 PM »

More drama... 

http://plainfield.patch.com/articles/drew-peterson-judge-beefs-joel-brodsky-to-disciplinary-commission

Drew Peterson Judge Sends Joel Brodsky to Disciplinary Commission
1:11 pm

The judge in the Drew Peterson murder case said he was "shocked" by the behavior of attorney Joel Brodsky in the aftermath of the convicted wife-killer's sentencing last month.

"I've never seen an attorney comport himself the way Mr. Brodsky did," Judge Edward Burmila said during a Tuesday morning hearing at the Will County Courthouse.

And Brodsky's law license may be in jeopardy now that Judge Burmila is alerting the state's Attorney Registration & Disciplinary Commission to Brodsky's antics.

After Peterson was hit with a 38-year prison sentence for murdering his third wife, Kathleen Savio, his former attorney, Joel Brodsky, did a WGN Morning News interview and blamed Peterson for moves he made at the trial.

Judge Burmila first said he was shocked when he watched the interview, then later said, "I wish I could think of a word beyond 'shocked' to apply to Mr. Brodsky's appearance on television."

Other lawyers on Peterson's defense team have blamed Brodsky for blowing the trial. They made Brodsky's allegedly poor performance—both inside and out of the courtroom—the basis of a push to get Peterson a new murder trial.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2013, 09:44:49 PM »

Three-page article

http://www.morrisdailyherald.com/2013/03/06/police-board-hires-expert-in-effort-to-strip-drew-peterson-of-pension/a18o0bl/

Police board hires expert in effort to strip Drew Peterson of pension
By Stacy St. Clair - Chicago Tribune
Created: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:43 a.m. CST
Updated: Wednesday, March 6, 2013 10:55 a.m. CST

CHICAGO (MCT) — Drew Peterson officially lost his freedom last month — and now he could lose his pension, too.

The Bolingbrook (Ill.) Police Pension Board has hired an outside attorney to help decide whether it should strip Peterson of his retirement pay following his murder conviction and sentencing. The move marks an ironic turn in the high-profile case, given that prosecutors argued that Peterson killed his third wife, Kathleen Savio, partially because he did not want to share his pension with her.

The five-member panel — which includes three current or former officers who worked on the force with Peterson — recently retained public pension expert Charles Atwell to review trial transcripts and determine whether the former police sergeant’s conviction requires him to forfeit his $79,000-a-year pension.

Bolingbrook officials will figure out their next step, if any, after they receive Atwell’s report, pension board attorney Richard Reimer said.

Under state law, the board could revoke Peterson’s pension if it finds he used his law enforcement powers or skills to drown Savio in 2004. His pension cannot be stripped without a public hearing in which Peterson could call witnesses and board members would act almost like jurors.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: April 30, 2013, 06:37:08 PM »

More drama... 

http://articles.chicagotribune.com/2013-04-29/news/ct-met-peterson-attorney-discipline-20130430_1_david-peilet-drew-peterson-peterson-attorney-steve-Greenberg

Peterson attorney accepts 3-month law license suspension to settle disciplinary charges
April 29, 2013

One of Drew Peterson's attorneys has agreed to have his law license suspended for three months to settle state disciplinary charges alleging he stole another client's money, records show.

David Peilet, who joined Peterson's defense team last fall to assist with the post-trial appeal after the former Bolingbrook police sergeant was found guilty of drowning his third wife, was accused last April of pocketing almost $4,000 in client money from a 2010 drug case.
The ARDC charges were brought before Peilet joined Peterson's defense team. Another attorney on Peterson's team, former lead counsel Joel Brodsky, was reported to the ARDC by the judge who oversaw the Peterson murder trial.

That judge, Edward Burmila, was concerned about remarks Brodsky made to WGN-TV after Peterson was convicted.

No charges against Brodsky, whom a Cook County judge also reported to the ARDC last week in a separate civil case, have been publicly filed by the disciplinary agency. The attorney is suing the Tribune for defamation.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: May 24, 2013, 12:43:30 AM »

http://southtownstar.suntimes.com/20302985-522/drew-filing-in-lawsuit-jabs-former-lawyer.html

Drew filing in lawsuit jabs former lawyer  
May 23, 2013 4:06PM
Updated: May 23, 2013 7:53PM

Drew Peterson’s shot at beating a murder rap was derailed by shoddy legal representation and a trial that was more like a “highly suspect sideshow,” according to a new filing in a lawsuit against Peterson by the family of his third wife, Kathleen Savio.

The filing, by Chicago attorney John Heiderscheidt, is a response to a motion for a summary judgment filed last year by the Savio family. Savio’s sister and father filed the wrongful death lawsuit in April 2009.

A hearing on the motion for summary judgment to resolve the lawsuit is scheduled for June 13 in Will County.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: July 03, 2013, 10:42:53 PM »

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/drew-peterson-reunion-court-supervision

Drew Peterson Reunion: Court Supervision
July 3, 2013 at 01:58 pm

Drew Peterson got all sorts of good news this week.

For one thing, he might have as much as $100 waiting for him at the state treasurer's office. And for another, three of the attorneys who represented him in one capacity or another over the years have signed on to appeal his murder conviction.

Steve Greenberg, David Peilet and John Heiderscheidt requested leave to file an appearance in the case.

Greenberg represented Peterson during his murder trial last summer. Peilet was part of Peterson's defense team during the post-conviction push to win a new trial. Heiderscheidt represents Peterson in a civil wrongful death case brought against him by relatives of his slain third wife, Kathleen Savio.

The three attorneys want to take the case from the state appellate defender's office.

Peterson is serving a 38-year sentence at Menard Correctional Center for Savio's murder.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: July 03, 2013, 10:56:44 PM »

Thank you for the update, grace-land.  I haven't heard that much about Drew Peterson in the news lately.  I guess it would be wishful thinking on my part he had been locked up, they threw away the key and he's forgotten for the last 50 years or so.  He is very egotistical imo, and the less press he gets, the better.  His lawyers are dirtbags, imo. 

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: July 03, 2013, 11:51:29 PM »

Thank you for the update, grace-land.  I haven't heard that much about Drew Peterson in the news lately.  I guess it would be wishful thinking on my part he had been locked up, they threw away the key and he's forgotten for the last 50 years or so.  He is very egotistical imo, and the less press he gets, the better.  His lawyers are dirtbags, imo. 

You're welcome, MuffyBee.  It was quiet for a while.  At least Brodsky is not involved in the appeal to create more drama. imo
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: July 03, 2013, 11:59:56 PM »

ooops...spoke too soon.  Here's another article. 

http://bolingbrook.patch.com/groups/police-and-fire/p/drew-peterson-has-unclaimed-money-waiting-with-state-treasurer

Drew Peterson Has Unclaimed Money Waiting With State Treasurer
July 1, 2013 at 05:19 pm

Drew Peterson killed his third wife before she could get her share in their divorce, and now he's in the clear to collect a check made out to the two of them and waiting to be claimed from the state treasurer's office.

The cashier's check for Peterson and his third wife, Kathleen Savio, is listed on the Illinois State Treasurer's I-Cash program database. The check is from West Suburban Bank and is for between $10 and $100.

Stacy Peterson does not have any unclaimed assets listed on the treasurer's office database, but her father, Anthony Cales, and missing mother, Christie Cales, have more than $100 in "other amounts due" from American States Insurance Company.

If Drew Peterson does collect his check, it will augment the more than $6,000 per month he receives in pension from his time as a Bolingbrook police officer.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: July 05, 2013, 12:29:47 AM »

http://www.chicagotribune.com/news/local/ct-met-drew-peterson-appeal-defense-20130705,0,6446785.story?track=rss

Drew Peterson hires several previous attorneys for appeal
July 5, 2013

Peterson intends to appeal his conviction based on several factors, including the admissibility of hearsay statements used against him during the trial and whether the judge erred when he allowed Stacy's pastor to testify about conversations she had with him, Greenberg said. He also will challenge the court's decision to keep the jury pool intact for two years in light of the intense publicity surrounding the trial and made-for-TV movie about the case.

The appeal is expected to accuse former lead defense attorney Joel Brodsky of ineffective counsel as well. The trial judge dismissed that claim before sentencing, saying that Peterson received adequate representation.

Peterson's team is expected to file the appeal within the next 90 days.

Will County State's Attorney James Glasgow has repeatedly said the conviction will withstand any appeals.

In the meantime, Peterson remains incarcerated at Menard, a maximum-security prison that had been on lockdown for much of the spring because of an assault on staff. He is in protective custody there, meaning he does not mix with the general population.

"He's keeping a low profile," Greenberg said.

Peterson does not have a cellmate or job inside the prison, Illinois Department of Corrections spokesman Tom Shaer said. He receives five hours of recreation time outside his cell each week and also leaves to shower.

He receives his breakfast at 3:30 a.m. and his lunch at 10 a.m. each day. Both are eaten inside his cell because other inmates are outside their cells for those times, and protective custody can't be maintained using normal security procedures, Shaer said.

Peterson leaves his cell at 2 p.m. each day for his evening meal.

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.