May 29, 2024, 10:55:16 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Skylar Neese 16yrs, last seen 7/6/2012, Star City West Virginia Body Found  (Read 34288 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #20 on: March 13, 2013, 11:10:45 PM »

Hardly ever read blogs done by Tarot readers but this lady seems to do it for no reason and oh, why not?  Have a look if you want.  I also found one about Kelli Bordeaux and I never considered someone at her work as this blogger/reader seemed to suggest it could have something to do with a promotion or something like.  Just interesting reading on a few cases.

http://solarspectrumtarot.blogspot.com/2012_09_01_archive.html

Thanks melisb!  Interesting...

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #21 on: March 16, 2013, 04:24:50 PM »

http://wvmetronews.com/u-s-attorney-skylar-neese-body-found/

By John Kerkhoff in News | March 13, 2013 at 1:25PM
The body of Skylar Neese, the missing 16-year-old Star City resident, was found in January in Greene County, Pa., according to the U.S. Attorney’s Office.

U.S. Attorney Bill Ihlenfeld issued a statement Wednesday saying Neese’s body had been found in a remote area in Wayne Township, just across the Pennsylvania state border. She had been missing since July 2012 when surveillance video near her Star City home showed Neese getting into a car with unidentified individuals.

The case has been under investigation by the FBI and U.S. Attorney’s Office, with state police and Star City police joining in the case. Few details had officially been released before Wednesday.

::snipping2::

So sad!

bump

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: May 01, 2013, 10:13:10 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/seeking.thelost.news/posts/516466821723165

Seeking TheLost · 148,912 like this
about an hour ago ·

5/1/2013: Today, sixteen-year-old Rachel Shoaf (pictured), believed to be one of Skylar Neese's best friends, admitted to stabbing Skylar to death the night of her disappearance.

Article: Late one summer night last year, Skylar Neese, 16, crept out of her family’s home in Star City and hopped in a car with two people. She never made it home.

Her badly decomposed body was found six months later in a ditch about 20 miles west of Morgantown. She had been stabbed to death.

For months the disappearance of the bright University High School student has been the subject of myriad social media theories and community gossip. All the while, authorities said little about the investigation.

Then Wednesday there was a stunning development. One of Skylar’s high school classmates was brought quietly into Monongalia County Circuit Court. Rachel Shoaf, 16, believed to be one of Skylar’s best friends, admitted to stabbing Skylar to death the night of her disappearance.

Read Shoaf plea agreement here: http://wvmetronews.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Shoaf-plea-agreement.pdf

Shoaf pleaded guilty to second degree murder and was taken away for a pre-sentencing review. The prosecution will recommend a 20-year sentence, while the defense will request that she be sentenced as a juvenile, which would likely mean a lighter penalty.

State and federal prosecutors are saying virtually nothing about the details of the case, but it’s evident that Shoaf’s plea was carefully orchestrated. The plea agreement requires her to “offer truthful and forthright testimony in any subsequent proceeding deemed necessary.”

Read Shoaf family apology here: http://wvmetronews.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Shoaf-family-statement.pdf

And that’s where the second defendant in this emotion-charged case comes in.

The U.S. Attorney’s Office says, “Charges are pending against a second juvenile who is currently in custody in Monongalia County.” Officials are prevented by law from releasing the suspect’s name, but she is believed to be another one of Skylar’s classmates.

The next step for this second suspect will be a preliminary hearing within 10 days behind closed doors before a circuit judge. At some point, she could be transferred to adult status, depending on the charges.

Shoaf’s guilty plea suggests a lesser charge and lighter sentence in return for her testimony against the second defendant.

What is still missing from the case, however, is a reasonable explanation as to what happened that July night. Neese’s father, Dave, believes the three girls traveled to the western end of Monongalia County, perhaps to go to party, but what exactly happened and the possible motive remains elusive.

“Why? I want to know why it happened,” Neese told MetroNews Wednesday. “I don’t want to hear that they were mad (at each other). There has to be another reason why.”

The crime is particularly difficult for Neese to comprehend because the two suspects were always with Skylar. “I thought of these girls as her best friends,” Neese said.

Source: http://wvmetronews.com/teenager-pleads-guilty-in-skylar-neese-murder/

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #23 on: May 01, 2013, 10:16:10 PM »

http://wvmetronews.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Shoaf-family-statement.pdf

ANGOITIAND STRAFACE, L.C.
- ATTORNEYSATIAW-
274 Spruce Street
MORGANTOWN, WV 26505
S.J. (SAM) ANGOTI1 (1924-1987)
DAVID J. STRAFACE
JOHN R. ANGOTI1
Area Code 304
Telephone 292-4381
Fax 292-7775

OUR HEARTS GO OUT TO THE NEESE FAMILY. OUR THOUGHTS AND
PRAYERS HAVE BEEN WITH YOU SINCE WE LEARNED OF SKYLAR'S
DISAPPEARANCE.

WE ARE AT A LOSS FOR WORDS TO COMFORT YOUR PAIN. WE WERE
SHOCKED TO LEARN OF OUR DAUGHTER'S INVOLVEMENT AND THERE IS
NO WAY TO DESCRIBE THE PAIN THAT WE TOO ARE FEELING KNOWING
OUR DAUGTHER WAS INVOLVED IN SKYLAR'S DEATH. WE ARE TRULY
SORRY FOR THE PAIN THAT SHE HAS CAUSED THE NEESE FAMILY, AND WE
KNOW HER ACTIONS ARE UNFORGIVEABLE AND INEXCUSABLE. OUR /
DAUGHTER HAS ADMITTED HER INVOLVEMENT AND SHE HAS ACCEPTED
RESPONSIBILITY FOR HER ACTIONS.

OUR HEARTS ARE BROKEN FOR YOUR LOSS AND WE ARE STILL
TRYING TO COME TO TERMS WITH THIS EVENT.

WE PRAY THAT WE ALL WILL FIND PEACE IN OUR HEARTS AND THE
STRENGTH TO MOVE FORWARD.

THE SHOAF FAMIL Y

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #24 on: May 01, 2013, 10:23:58 PM »

http://www.exponent-telegram.com/article_29c0b23a-b283-11e2-8768-0019bb2963f4.html

Teens charged in Skylar Neese's death

Suspect pleads to murder

Posted: Wednesday, May 1, 2013 1:20 pm | Updated: 1:21 pm, Wed May 1, 2013.

MORGANTOWN (AP) — Federal officials say one teenager has pleaded guilty and another faces charges in the death of a Star City girl last summer.

U.S. Attorney William Ihlenfeld says 16-year-old Rachel Shoaf of Morgantown pleaded guilty to second-degree murder at a hearing Wednesday morning in Monongalia County Circuit Court. He says she agreed to plead as an adult and is in custody until sentencing.

The other juvenile also is in custody following her arrest Wednesday. The charges against her weren’t immediately available.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #25 on: May 01, 2013, 10:28:30 PM »

http://wvmetronews.com/skylar-neeses-father-full-of-emotion/

Skylar Neese’s father ‘full of emotion’

By Jeff Jenkins in News | May 01, 2013 at 6:16PM

MetroNews photo
Dave and Mary Neese of Morgantown displayed a photo of their daughter Skylar, who went missing last summer. Her remains were found in January just a few miles across the Pennsylvania border.

Dave Neese took several deep breaths Wednesday afternoon when he spoke with MetroNews “Talkline” host Hoppy Kercheval about the day’s developments in connection with the murder of his daughter Skylar.

Neese said he considered 16-year-old Rachel Shoaf and a second teenage girl who was charged and taken custody among Skylar’s best friends. Shoaf pleaded guilty to second-degree murder Wednesday.

“They were around the house? You saw them?” Kercheval asked.

“All the time,” Neese answered. “The Shoaf girl not as much, but the other one all the time. Every day or every other day.”

Shoaf admitted she stabbed and killed Neese with a knife last summer not long after Neese got in a car with her. The other girl’s name hasn’t been released because she’s in juvenile custody.

Neese said the other girl came to his house in Star City and helped the family look for Skylar.

“She walked up and down the street knocking on every door on the street to see if anybody had seen her — it’s sick,” Neese said.

The grieving father wants more answers as to why his daughter was killed and her body left in nearby Greene County, Pa.

“I want to know why it happened. I don’t want to hear ‘because we were mad at her.’ There had to be another reason why. The police can’t find it. It hasn’t come out yet. Tell me why. This should have not have happened,” Neese said.

Dave Neese said he’s full of emotion.

“There’s mad. There’s hate. There’s anger,” he said. “Yes, I’m angry — angry at the fact it even happened. I’m angry at the fact that these parents that raise their children to be good kids, but now they’ve lost their kids out of no fault of their own. The parents didn’t do anything wrong.”

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #26 on: May 01, 2013, 10:34:42 PM »

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=view&section=5-News&item=Two-Teenagers-Charged-With-Murder-Of-Skylar-Neese9474

Two Teenagers Charged With Murder Of Skylar Neese
Written by Your 5News Team
Last updated on May 01, 2013 @ 3:40PM
Created on May 01, 2013 @ 12:44PM

Skylar Neese

Photo of 16-year-old Rachel Shoaf - Twitter

Federal officials say charges have been filed against two teenagers implicated in the death and disappearance of Star City teen Skylar Neese.

United States Attorney William Ihlenfeld, II and the Monongalia County Prosecutor’s Office announced that 16 year-old Rachel Shoaf  of Morgantown was charged Wednesday with the murder of Neese. During her appearance in the Circuit Court of Monongalia County, Shoaf pleaded guilty to Second Degree Murder after agreeing to be transferred to adult status. According to court documents, Shoaf pleaded guilty to fatally stabbing Neese. She is in custody awaiting sentencing.

Charges are pending against a second juvenile who is currently in custody in Monongalia County. Due to the nature of the proceedings, no further information is available at this time. The charges filed were the result of a continuing joint state and federal investigation conducted by the Star City Police, the West Virginia State Police, the Federal Bureau of Investigation, and other law enforcement agencies.

The cases now pending will be prosecuted by Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Ashdown and Assistant Prosecuting Attorney Perri Jo DeChristopher.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #27 on: May 01, 2013, 10:43:04 PM »

I've heard of "mean girls" but this one takes the cake imo.

Not only did they murder Skylar, they kept quiet about it...at least one of them "helped" search for Skylar. 

They watched Skylar's parents anguish all this time...

No conscience?  Not one of them?  What else might they have been capable of?

Sick, sick, sick!

JMO

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: May 01, 2013, 11:09:02 PM »

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=view&section=5-News&item=Skylar-Neeses-Father-Everything-About-This-Case-Has-Been-Heartbreaking9486

Skylar Neese's Father: Everything About This Case Has Been Heartbreaking
Written by Andrew Forgotch
Last updated on May 01, 2013 @ 7:14PM
Created on May 01, 2013 @ 6:10PM

Dave Neese, the father of Star City teenager Sklyar Neese, is trying to figure out what lead his daughter's best friend to stab her to death. However, he wasn't mixing words for the girl charged with second-degree murder

"I feel bad for your parents and I hope you rot in h**l," Neese said about 16-year-old Rachel Shoaf.

On Wednesday morning Shoaf, was charged and plead guilty to the death of Neese's only child.

"What is going on in your sick mind when you think of something like that?" Neese questioned.

Dave told 5 News Wednesday afternoon that the two were supposedly best friends, and both went to University High School together. He said he didn't see anything that would have lead him to believe that something had gone wrong between the two friends.

Neese said he was only given one reason as to what could have lead Shoaf, along with another teenager, to kill Skylar.

"They didn't like her anymore," Neese said. "That's the only response I got. I want a reason, I want some kind of reason (for this to) happen. There is no reason I don't care if you have the best reason in the world, but there's no reason (for this to happen)."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: May 01, 2013, 11:34:36 PM »

It's just heartbreaking to read Dave Neese's words as he struggles to understand why his daughter was stabbed to death.   

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #30 on: May 01, 2013, 11:54:11 PM »

It's just heartbreaking to read Dave Neese's words as he struggles to understand why his daughter was stabbed to death.   

Yes it is MuffyBee, I watched a video and hearing him say them is even worse.  I can't imagine being in their shoes.  There only child is gone, and it was senseless!  They need to understand WHY, and I'm afraid it will never make sense.

Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #31 on: May 06, 2013, 06:36:12 PM »

Yes it is MuffyBee, I watched a video and hearing him say them is even worse.  I can't imagine being in their shoes.  There only child is gone, and it was senseless!  They need to understand WHY, and I'm afraid it will never make sense.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: May 10, 2013, 11:12:32 PM »

http://youtu.be/mYIZtKEmYTM

an angelic monkey

<a href="http://www.youtube.com/v/mYIZtKEmYTM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0" target="_blank">http://www.youtube.com/v/mYIZtKEmYTM?version=3&amp;amp;hl=en_US&amp;amp;rel=0</a>

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #33 on: May 25, 2013, 01:41:17 PM »

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2013/05/25/skylar-neese-murder-rachel-shoaf-plot-confession_n_3336364.html?icid=maing-grid7%7Cmain5%7Cdl1%7Csec1_lnk3%26pLid%3D318565

Skylar Neese Murder: Rachel Shoaf's Plot To Kill Classmate Shocks Town
By VICKI SMITH 05/25/13 10:21 AM ET EDT

STAR CITY, W.Va. -- For nearly nine months, the people of this small West Virginia town saw the face of missing 16-year-old honors student Skylar Neese everywhere – beaming at them from fliers on utility poles, in gas stations, even at the local tattoo parlor.

She had been missing since she slipped out of her bedroom window one night last summer, but some in this town of fewer than 2,000 people never believed she had run away.

Police chased numerous leads with no luck. The break finally came when one of Neese's friends admitted plotting with another girl to kill her – shocking even the investigators working the case.

The two girls were charged with luring the straight-A student at University High School out of her family's apartment in the middle of the night, stabbing her to death at an agreed-upon moment and hiding her body under branches in a Pennsylvania township about 30 miles away from her house, according to court documents.

The pair – one of whom has now pleaded guilty – had spent time with Neese's mother after the slaying and even helped with the search.

The cold calculation and brutality of the plot shocked a community already frustrated by the slow pace and secrecy surrounding the case. Investigators have said little since announcing the charges three weeks ago. Court documents offer no insight into the motive.

People sit in the chairs at John's Barber Shop, gaze at Neese's photo on a bulletin board and wonder: How could anyone so young plot to kill a classmate and friend?

"They look as normal as any other kid that you could ever see," said barber BJ McClead. "Not kids you would think would have anything to do with anything like this."

A newly released transcript of a secret plea hearing reveals that 16-year-old Rachel Shoaf said she and the second girl carried out a plan to kill Neese.

Shoaf, a red-haired student actress and singer with sparkling blue eyes, pleaded guilty to second-degree murder in Monongalia County Circuit Court on May 1 and awaits sentencing in a juvenile detention center.

The other girl's identity is, for now, shrouded by the confidentiality of juvenile court. Though McClead says most people in town have figured out who it is, it's unclear how long the three girls had been friends or just how close they were.

It's also unclear whether prosecutors will try to have the second suspect charged as an adult, as Shoaf was.

"People are confused. They're like, `What is taking so long?'" said McClead, whose daughter Hayden had been friends with Neese since junior high.

"It's ridiculous. Who's protecting these girls?" said the barber, who still hands out red-and-yellow bracelets bearing the victim's name. "Three families' lives are now ruined because of this heinous crime that these girls committed."

Monongalia County Prosecutor Marcia Ashdown has refused to return repeated calls seeking comment.

The mystery began July 6, 2012, when Neese climbed out of her bedroom window. Surveillance video showed her getting into a car at the end of her street in a quiet residential neighborhood near West Virginia University. With no sign of fear, no money and no contact lenses, she apparently expected to return.

When she didn't, Dave and Mary Neese worried. Police initially suspected their daughter was a runaway, but they knew better. They walked up and down Crawford Street with Neese's photo, then plastered fliers everywhere.

For months, police chased down tips to no avail. The transcript from Shoaf's hearing shows the break came Jan. 3, when she finally told investigators the truth – and where to find the body.

But it wasn't until March that authorities confirmed it was Neese, and silence followed until the day of the plea hearing.

"I think police who were involved in the front lines of that interview and that part of the investigation were stunned at Rachel Shoaf's confession," Ashdown told Judge Russell Clawges that day. "She confessed to a plan and conspiracy with another juvenile to kill Skylar Neese. A plan carried out."

The three girls drove to Wayne Township, Pa., got out of the car and the suspects pretended to socialize with Neese.

"And, at a planned and agreed upon moment," Ashdown said, the girls "attacked and stabbed Skylar to death, and they left her there."

They tried to bury Neese, she said, but covered her with branches when they couldn't.

In the five-page court file on Shoaf, prosecutors say they plan to recommend a 20-year prison sentence. But she could get as many as 40 years under the law.

But BJ McClead says his family knew the girl they'd taken to amusement parks and had in their home for sleepovers hadn't run away.

"When school went back in session and she wasn't there, we knew something was wrong because she wouldn't miss school," he said. "She was a really, really smart kid."

The transcript of Shoaf's hearing shows other students also had suspicions, chattering on social media about all three girls.

A few overheard a conversation between the suspects about the plot but waited to report it. The teenagers thought it was a joke, Ashdown told the judge, "but only later decided and believed it was all too true and all too prophetic."

McClead marvels that two teenage girls could maintain their deception from July to January.

"Some of the criminals that are locked up for life aren't that hard."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: June 24, 2013, 05:20:25 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/US/wireStory/wva-parents-cancel-protest-daughters-body-19475677
W.Va. Parents Cancel Protest Over Daughter's Body
June 24, 2013

The parents of a 16-year-old West Virginia girl who authorities say was killed nearly a year ago by her best friends canceled plans to protest Monday outside the office of a Pennsylvania coroner after receiving assurances they will be able to see her body in about a week.

Dave Neese said the Monongalia County prosecutor's office called him and persuaded him to call off the protest. Neese said his daughter Skylar will be returned to West Virginia when all the paperwork and formalities are completed. West Virginia State Police will then arrange for him and his wife, Mary, to see her body.

"I'm kind of nervous," he said, sighing deeply as he thought about what it will mean to see the girl who slipped quietly out the window of her ground-floor bedroom last July 6 and never came home. "It's going to be very emotional, for sure ... I have no words to describe how it feels. It's just horrible."

Neese had paced around the kitchen of his Star City apartment for hours Monday morning, talking to supportive friends about the protest and arguing with officials trying to talk him out of it.

The Neeses were frustrated and confused about why Greene County Coroner Gregory Rohanna wouldn't give them access to their daughter's body. Skylar's remains had been in the custody of the FBI at Quantico, Va., from the time they were found in January until about a week ago, when the couple says they were returned to the county coroner with jurisdiction over the case.

Dave Neese said he heard several different reasons that Rohanna could not release the body or let him see it.

"We were told whatever was released back to them isn't evidence anyway," he said, "so what's the problem?"

Neese said he accepts — for now — the prosecutor's explanation that releasing the body takes time and paperwork.
More...

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
cw618
Monkey Junky

« Reply #35 on: June 24, 2013, 08:02:15 PM »

state of w.va V rachel shoaf   case no. 13-f - 88  waiver of indictment  may-1-2013

http://wvmetronews.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2013/05/Shoaf-plea-agreement.pdf

goodmorn,goodnite, got to go, as always its been wonderful, talking with you, and most of all have a great day, and dont forget to smile
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #36 on: July 02, 2013, 05:50:54 PM »

just sad, sad, sad . . .

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: January 25, 2014, 10:20:53 PM »

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=view&section=5-News&item=Sheila-Eddy-Enters-Guilty-Plea-in-Skylar-Neese-Murder14009

Sheila Eddy Enters Guilty Plea in Skylar Neese Murder
Written by Jared Pelletier
Last updated on January 24, 2014 @ 11:40PM
Created on January 24, 2014 @ 7:14PM

It's a day many people in the area and across the county have been waiting for.

A few days before her trial was scheduled to start, 18-year-old Sheila Eddy entered a guilty plea to first degree murder. Eddy is one of the teenagers investigators say stabbed and killed her best friend, 16-year-old Skylar Neese.

When asked by Judge Russell Clawges how she would plead, Eddy stood up and replied, "guilty".

Without the state having to present any evidence in the case, Eddy was convicted of first degree murder with her admission.

Skylar's family will now try to move on. Skylar's father Dave Neese said, "Thank god it's over. She's getting what she deserves."

Prosecutors said they had a strong case. They apparently had evidence that Eddy and her co-conspirator, Rachel Shoaf, picked up Skylar on July 6, 2012 at her home. Prosecutors claim the girls had kitchen knives concealed under their clothes and they also brought a shovel.

It took investigators a while to get to the bottom of what happened.

Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Ashdown said, "Their stories hung together for a very long time until late in 2012 when one of the girls, Rachel Shoaf, added a component to her story that Sheila's story hadn't caught up to yet."

Eddy also asked to be sentenced on Friday. The judge handed down a life sentence with mercy; a deal prosecutors and the Neese family agreed to.

This means she'll be eligible for parole in 15 years, but there's no guarantee she'll ever be free.

Dave Neese addressed the courtroom on his daughter's behalf.

"We're no longer a family. The person sitting before you, Skylar's so called friend, took her away from us without any remorse or feelings," said Neese.

The defense refused to speak with media following the hearing. Many people believe justice has been served and they hope the guilty plea will help bring closure, but Skylar's father said that's far from possible because nothing can bring back his little girl.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #38 on: January 25, 2014, 10:21:30 PM »

http://www.wdtv.com/wdtv.cfm?func=view&section=5-News&item=5-NEWS-UPDATE-Eddy-Sentenced-in-Neese-Murder-Case13986

5 NEWS UPDATE: Eddy Sentenced in Neese Murder Case
Written by Jared Pelletier
Last updated on January 24, 2014 @ 6:56PM
Created on January 24, 2014 @ 5:21PM

Sheila Eddy admitted Friday afternoon that she, along with Rachel Shoaf, murdered Skylar Neese.

Eddy decided to plead guilty to first degree murder with mercy. She was sentenced to life in prison with mercy which will make her eligible for parole after 15 years.

During the hearing, she was very emotional with tears streaming down here face, and broken words as she spoke to the judge.

Eddy was asked a series of questions to ensure she understood her plea.

Dave Neese, Skylar's father, said he's happy to see Eddy ultimately get what she deserves, but he said there will never be closure, because his daughter is someone you could never close.

"She got what she deserved, and she's going to be in a place with people just like her. There won't be closure because Skylar is someone you can never close," said Dave Neese, Skylar's father

Shoaf pleaded guilty to second degree murder in May and is awaiting sentencing.

Neese disappeared July 6, 2012 after sneaking out of a window at her home

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: January 25, 2014, 10:29:47 PM »

http://www.*******-reporter.com/article/20140124/NEWS02/140129556#.UuSBxfvnYsY

Teen pleads guilty to first-degree murder
Eddy pleads in Skylar Neese case, sentenced to life in prison
by Tara Kinsell
Staff Writer
tkinsell@*******-reporter.com
Connect on facebook Connect on twitter

Published Jan 24, 2014 at 11:37 pm (Updated Jan 24, 2014 at 11:39 pm)

The second West Virginia teen charged in the July 6, 2012 death of 16-year-old Skylar Neese, pleaded guilty Friday to first-degree murder and was sentenced by Monongalia County Chief Judge Russell Clawges to life in prison.

Sheila Eddy, 18, of Morgantown, W.Va., was scheduled to stand trial next week, but opted to enter a plea to first-degree murder with mercy, making her eligible for parole in 15 years. However, Clawges was very specific in telling Eddy this is only a “possibility” and it is entirely up to the state parole board to deny or grant parole.

Neese’s body was found last January along a rural road in Wayne Township, Greene County. Eddy’s accomplice, Rachel Shoaf, also of Morgantown, cut a deal with West Virginia prosecutors last May that led them to Neese’s body in exchange for a guilty plea to second-degree murder. Shoaf’s plea agreement included stipulations to cooperate fully in the investigation, not appeal her sentence and to testify against Eddy in the event of a trial. She has not yet been sentenced.

Monongalia County Prosecuting Attorney Marcia Ashdown said Eddy and Shoaf grew fearful of Neese exposing their “secrets” so they devised a plan to silence her. On the day of the murder, Eddy and Shoaf took two kitchen knives and placed them under their clothing. They got a shovel to bury Neese’s body and drove to a remote location with her still alive. On a predetermined countdown, they began to stab her. Ashdown said they then waited for her to cease breathing and tried to dig a hole to bury her but the ground was too hard. Instead, they covered her with twigs and other debris and “left her to nature,” Ashdown said. They then changed into the clean clothing they brought with them and went about their lives as if nothing happened, she said.

Eddy remained silent when asked by Clawges if she had anything to say. Her attorney, Michael Benninger, said Eddy’s silence Friday and the silence of her family leading up to the proceeding should not be taken as “a sign of disregard or lack of remorse by Sheila Eddy or any member of her family.” Benninger said he can attest without reservation that Eddy and her family will be eternally sorry. Bennington said he hoped all of the families involved, especially the Neeses, can move forward and find some peace.

As part of the plea agreement Eddy cannot pursue an appeal of her case, except to claim ineffective counsel by Bennington. However, she was specifically asked by Clawges if she had a problem with the effectiveness of Bennington’s representation in any way and she said, “No, sir.” Charges of kidnapping and two counts of conspiracy against Eddy were dropped as part of the plea.

Although Bennington asked that Eddy be returned to the juvenile facility for a period of one month for a more “humane” transition, Clawges denied the request. He placed Eddy into the custody of the West Virginia Department of Corrections with a footnote that she return to the juvenile facility until a bed is available in a state prison.

“If that’s tomorrow, that’s tomorrow. If it’s 30 days from now, it’s 30 days,” he told Eddy.

Speaking on behalf of Skylar were her father, David Neese, and her aunt, Carol Michaud. David Neese said he and his wife, Mary, will never know the fear or shock Eddy and Shoaf saw in their daughter’s eyes as they stabbed her to death or the pain she felt. Michaud said Eddy took away her sister Mary’s hopes and dreams for her little girl.

“She came and acted as if she knew nothing. She pretended and stayed with us and comforted us and swore she had no idea what was going on,” Michaud said. “To come to this day and admit she did just shows how evil she can be.”

Pages: « 1 2 3 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.