April 23, 2024, 11:49:29 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Use this area for theories and speculation  (Read 13479 times)
YAMANOTA
Scared Monkey

« Reply #20 on: June 15, 2005, 06:11:17 PM »

Just remember, Aruba is not the USA; corruption does exist...[/quote]

what are you? ignorant, the u.s.a. is the most corrupt country in the world!
just because they hide it so well does not mean it does not exist.
it all starts right at the top with mr.bush.

ARUBA DUSHI TERA
mordred
Scared Monkey

« Reply #21 on: June 15, 2005, 06:46:14 PM »

Well said Yamanota!-
Actually, according to world stats by Berlin-based organization Transparency International, The US is significantly more corrupt than the Netherlands (which governs Aruba), scoring a distant 9 points behind the latter! So lets put a cap on the mudslinging people!
CaliGirl
Monkey Junky Jr.

« Reply #22 on: June 15, 2005, 07:04:10 PM »

I can't agree with you more. It's still the blame game but people fail to admit that our country has MORE problems handing multiple cases than an unexperiencd Aruba does.

Let's see, Martha Stewart, Chandra Levi, Clinton, Bush, "The Florida Chads", OJ, Miheal Jackson, Jon Bennet Ramsey, IRAQ war, 9/11.. I can go on for ages with things. Does anyone watch Cold Cases files? Geesh, the US is overloaded with cases where many people can sit and watch the cases and think it easy to find the answers. Well, it isn't always that easy.

I may not agree with how things are being done in Aruba but I do realize one very important thing...they don't have crime. Somehow, through, that helps me not get angry. Aruba is a victim also. Someone not only victimizied Natalee but their country also because things of this magnitude don't happen there.

Or, maybe I can relate because I was a victim of a crime in my nicknamed "sleepy hollow" town. The police here didn't know what to do when it happened. It was a hard and trying process of watching a bunch of cops stand clueless. I didn't get angry, I became productive. I did all I could to ensure kept and found information to help them do their job.

It was May 5, 2005 and I have made positive photo ID's of the perps and guess what? They still haven't been arrested. The police know where they are and why they haven't arrested them is beyond me but I do have to believe there is a bigger purpose for why they have not. Maybe I was not only..I could come up with a million ideas.

Point is, even the good ole US can't solve everything right away. Let's try to save our anger for if they close the case or do nothing more.
Catriana
Scared Monkey

« Reply #23 on: June 15, 2005, 09:23:47 PM »

Not to say anything bad about Aruba, but come on folks.....

Check out the size and population of Aruba and then the size and population of the US.

OF COURSE we (the US) are going to have more crime, more corruption, more idiots per square inch, but that doesn't mean Aruba DOESN'T have any crime, corruption or idiots, too.

Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes  Rolling Eyes

Summaries Available at Tom and Red's Weblog   www.scaredmonkeys.com [/i]
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #24 on: June 18, 2005, 10:03:44 PM »

I find it quite interesting that a headless body was found in Aruba today. If there was no attempt to conceal or otherwise dispose of the headless torso, the circumstances would strongly imply some sort of gang or syndicate killing. Decapitation and other forms of mutilation are often combined with murder to “send messages” from organized crime groups. The most obvious message would be: “This is no accident or random act of violence. This person was deliberately killed for a reason, and the mutilated body has been put on display to serve as a warning to those who would follow in the footsteps of the deceased.”
Robert J
Scared Monkey

« Reply #25 on: June 18, 2005, 11:09:20 PM »

Did ANYONE see this car from 12 midnight Sunday night until 12 noon Monday morning? (29th May / 30th May) Was it parked? Was it moving? If it was moving, on what street, in what direction?

If we can find out exactly where the car went.. we may be able to find out where Natalie is..

Joran, Satish, & Deepak = PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN !!!
BOOBEAR
Scared Monkey

« Reply #26 on: June 18, 2005, 11:12:51 PM »

Hi everyone, I'm new here & my thoughts on this case are:
1 - Natilees parents say she was a straight A student & went to church on Sundays.....
Well... my thoughts are the parents are full of s**t, what young woman gets in a car with 3 guys she dont know ?? Seems to me Nat wanted to spread her wings before going to college.
2 - The police (or shall I say reporters) found 3 condoms (2 used), a pair of ripped underwear & duct tape to a tree, how come they are not getting DNA samples ?
3 - Aruba is not far from Venezula why aren't they searching there since most end up in the slave trades there ?
The way I see it, Nat is either a slave somewhere, or these 3 raped her & dumped her, who's to say that somebody else didn't pick her up & kill her ? The police also suggested she might of drowned, if this happened then chances are slim of finding a body since there's sharks in that water.
4 - Frankly, why would she go out & get piss face drunk knowing she had to be at the airport within a few hours ? I think the police need to check out the staff at Carlos & Charlies, seems another woman was missing from there too & taken over to a brothel.
I had a dream that she was buried in the sand. Regardless of what happened, I hope they find her so her family can start to heal & I hope who ever is guilty gets what they deserve & I hope to god it's not some stupid stunt by Natilee like that runaway bride thing.
Robert J
Scared Monkey

« Reply #27 on: June 18, 2005, 11:18:02 PM »

Did ANYONE see this car from 12 midnight Sunday night until 12 noon Monday morning? (29th May / 30th May) Was it parked? Was it moving? If it was moving, on what street, in what direction?

If we can find out exactly where the car went.. we may be able to find out where Natalie is..

Joran, Satish, & Deepak = PIRATES OF THE CARIBBEAN !!!
Cerulean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #28 on: June 19, 2005, 04:52:03 AM »

This isn't a response to what was posted before.  I'm not taking sides either, these are just some observations.  The photographs of Joran with young women have them cozied up to him and they look like the females are the the ones jammed up against him.  Not to say he could not be guilty, but the pictures of his interactions with females look the opposite of forced.  

On the other hand, if he was superior and condescending with NH's mother, that tends to sound guilty.  

I had a strong feeling Natalee was alive and well for quite a while after this was all in the news.  Maybe she still is.  I had a feeling she was spirited away "off to the side" and she was warm and dry, in contrast to those who thought water might be involved.  Since that time I had other thoughts less happy but I still hope she is alive and well and will be recovered.  I've written somewhere else, I got cold shivers from looking at the Kalpoe brothers.  The best case scenario would be that they just happen to look menacing.  One of them lists his favorite music on his website and it is all misogynist.  

I've always thought that Natalee wasn't the kind of person to get disgustingly drunk and someone one on here that says they were on the trip says the same.  She just seems like a normal, fun-loving, but responsible girl.

As for a bunch of teenage and boys being skilled white slavers, I find that unlikely since most males that age can't even sort their own laundry.  That isn't to say that that activity doesn't exist, I just find them to be unlikely to be engaged in it, especially in any organized successful way.

I hope that Natalee is found alive and well and whatever is preventing her from being brought back to her family in the best way possible is removed.
Cerulean
Scared Monkey

« Reply #29 on: June 19, 2005, 07:34:32 AM »

I've been thinking for a while that they never went near the lighthouse.  There's no energy there.
LostinTime
Scared Monkey

« Reply #30 on: June 19, 2005, 11:15:11 AM »

I agree with SteveD, I think this latest killing was a message to others to keep there mouth shut, however it is also a distraction for the police whom are not use to murders.  It does seem strange for a island with very little crime to suddenly have all this going on...
SteveDinMD
Scared Monkey

« Reply #31 on: June 19, 2005, 01:03:03 PM »

I don't know.  Perhaps Aruba has a lot more crime than we've all been led to believe.  Perhaps it's just not reported and/or investigated.  The Dutch have a long tradition of legalizing or at least tolerating so-called "victimless" vices.  It wouldn't surprise me one bit if the Aruban authorities had absolutely no law enforcement effort targeting drug trafficking or money laundering.  Prostitution is legal there, so all the peripheral activities associated with it are probably off-limits, as well.  After some years of police neglect, the island could easily wind up infested with insideous crime syndicates continually expanding the scope of their illegal activities, ultimately to control the island from behind the scenes.  Aruba is in a dicey neighborhood.  Nearby, there are Jamaican "posses," Columbian cartels, and Venezualan syndicates.  Erradicating vice and organized crime should be Aruba's top priority if they are to preserve any semblence of peace, tranquility, and law & order.  

Aruba also has a very small permanent population, but hosts a large number of transients by comparison.  I could see where crimes against transients (including tourists) would represent a low priority for police investigation.  Crimes against illegals, prostitutes, drug dealers, etc. could easily rate an absolute ZERO on the priority scale because these people don't matter at all.  They're under the radar, so to speak.  I could also see where crimes against US tourists, assuming no one is seriously injured, could also be a low priority.  Tourists typically leave the island after a short while, thus removing follow-up pressure on the police.  To the extent that thefts, assaults, robberies, and rapes can be nonchalantly attributed to drunkeness or stupidity in individual cases, I could see where they could wind up seriously under-represented in Aruban crime statistics.  Perhaps the Natalee Holloway story is blowing the lid off Aruba's underbelly.
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.