March 28, 2024, 04:02:34 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: If the current protests are truly over a perceived insult to a religion...  (Read 2036 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« on: September 15, 2012, 01:58:34 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=iY7rvKBX7cU
Bill Maher on islam
Jan 11, 2012
Bill Maher mocks of islam

why hasn't Bill Maher been mentioned? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 15, 2012, 03:54:10 PM »

The attacks had been planned for sometime to coordinate with 9/11 anniversary. 

On a personal note:  My son was a gamer with Sean Smith who was killed in Libya.  He got the last like everyone in their gamer group, he got the last message sent out by Sean.  He is still pretty shaken up over it.  an angelic monkey

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #2 on: September 15, 2012, 10:52:16 PM »

Exactly, flutter1.  That video was nothing but an excuse.

From what I've read, those in the gaming community liked Sean Smith and were very surprised this happened.  These types of situations show us just how small our world really is and how bad things can happen to even the nicest of guys.  Prayers for those lost, their families, and all the people out there that were touched in some way by this tragedy. 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 16, 2012, 11:29:24 AM »

Exactly, flutter1.  That video was nothing but an excuse.

From what I've read, those in the gaming community liked Sean Smith and were very surprised this happened.  These types of situations show us just how small our world really is and how bad things can happen to even the nicest of guys.  Prayers for those lost, their families, and all the people out there that were touched in some way by this tragedy. 

agree,

WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #4 on: September 17, 2012, 12:04:32 PM »

Why are hurt feelings an excuse for violence?  Bad movie reviews by some?

What happened to growing a thick skin?  Minding your own business?  Understanding that not everyone will like you?  You won't like every movie ever produced?

Where does it end?  Forcing everyone to watch and 'like' the pro-XYZ film of the day?

What happened to honesty and integrity?

Anyone get killed in the making of that film? 

Why are hurt feelings an excuse to rampage? 

How many would never have heard of that film, or watched it if it just existed without a link to the violence and murder?  If someone had made a rebuttal film with all the good works by followers of Islam?

Why not counter what they saw as a bad film with the truth?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #5 on: September 17, 2012, 12:28:01 PM »

Why are hurt feelings an excuse for violence?  Bad movie reviews by some?

What happened to growing a thick skin?  Minding your own business?  Understanding that not everyone will like you?  You won't like every movie ever produced?

Where does it end?  Forcing everyone to watch and 'like' the pro-XYZ film of the day?

What happened to honesty and integrity?

Anyone get killed in the making of that film? 

Why are hurt feelings an excuse to rampage? 

How many would never have heard of that film, or watched it if it just existed without a link to the violence and murder?  If someone had made a rebuttal film with all the good works by followers of Islam?

Why not counter what they saw as a bad film with the truth?

just my humble opinions

Whiskey Girl:

There has been an evolution in the Judeo-Christian morals that has not occurred in some of the Islamist groups.  For them, it is still renounce your faith or die.  And the renouncing part is optional as well.  They hate western civilization and all that it entails and believe that world domination will lead to the glorification of Allah. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.