March 29, 2024, 01:30:24 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Giving v. Stealing/Taxing - Is it really giving back?  (Read 1389 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 17, 2012, 12:20:38 PM »

Have some confused giving with stealing?  Do they really think they're 'giving' to the less fortunate when they rob money/labor from others and give it away?

Who is doing the giving?  Where exactly is the act of giving?

Taxation is theft.  For some reason the victim never gets it back.  It seems like government workers and politicians stay up late at night thinking up new schemes to steal money from working people, and others who end up 'paying' taxes.

Is it really 'giving' by government?  Can government ever take the place of real charity?  Where people willingly open their wallet and freely give of their resources?

In her speech about the Obama family’s values, Mrs. Obama said, “We learned that the truth matters, so you don’t take shortcuts, you don’t game the system, you don’t play by your own set of rules. And we learned that no one gets where they are on their own; that each of us has a community of people who are lifting us up -- from the teachers who inspire us to the janitors who keep our schools clean.”

Mrs. Obama spoke at the University of Mary Washington, telling the crowd that she and the president learned about citizenship and service from their parents.

“And we were taught to treat everyone with value, and everyone with respect,” she  said. “We learned about citizenship and service, that we’re all part of something bigger than ourselves; that with our freedoms come obligations, and with our blessings come a duty to give back to others who have less.

Read more: http://nation.foxnews.com/michelle-obama/2012/09/17/michelle-obama-no-one-gets-where-they-are-their-own#ixzz26kBmbLj0

I seem to recall that president Obama's mother got up early and taught him BEFORE HE WENT TO SCHOOL - apparently finding the public school inadequate for the needs of her son.  Grandma Dunham went back to work at an advanced age to support her grandchildren and SEND THEM to PRIVATE school.  Only the best for the Obamas.

Does being born with great parents and/or a silver spoon in your mouth mean that advocating higher taxes (stealing more) really equate to giving?

Why don't they make Obamacare a private charity?  Raise the money to provide the care they think everyone needs? 

Do politicians understand the difference between giving freely and stealing from others?

Why don't they give away all they have, live in poverty and send THEIR children to public schools?  Lead by example? 

What do they do instead?  Advocate taxing/stealing and call it charity?

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 17, 2012, 12:30:47 PM »

"I learned to give not because I have too much, but because I know how it feels to have NOTHING." - author unknown

How many politicians know what it is to have nothing?

How many politicians know what it is to labor every day?  10-12 hours? 

Have someone tell them they don't earn their money?  Don't deserve the fruit of their labor?

Politicians know best how to 'give' away the money tax and steal on payday?

The higher taxes go, the higher poverty seems to grow in this county. 

On the other hand, America's poor are among the richest 15% on the globe - I head this the other day and find it amazing.  How is it possible that Washington has to tax & steal more from working people to grow the global 15%?

"I learned to give not because I have too much, but because I know how it feels to have NOTHING." - author unknown

Why is it that working people have less and less to give to real charity?  Feed their families? 

Maybe politicians should lead by example, give it all away, and walk in the shoes of those who have nothing, lose their homes, or can't make ends meet.

Some how, I don't the political need to 'give back' by stealing other people's money is motivated by knowing how it feels to have nothing.  It seems like the 'giving back' by stealing other peoples money is motivated by out of control greed, cronyism, nepotism, and favoritism.

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.