April 19, 2024, 03:24:58 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Former Oiler great Earl Campbell undergoes treatment for nerve damage  (Read 2614 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: September 19, 2012, 04:08:04 PM »

http://www.khou.com/home/NFL-great-Earl-Campbell-to-undergo-nerve-treatment-170229846.html
Former Oiler great Earl Campbell undergoes treatment for nerve damage
September 18, 2012

HOUSTON -- Earl Campbell, who electrified a generation of Houston sports fans as the powerful running back for the “Luv Ya, Blue!” era Houston Oilers, spent three days at The Methodist Hospital last week undergoing a battery of medical tests.

His son, Christian, told KHOU 11 News the NFL Hall of Famer has had problems keeping his balance.  He also has difficulty moving around without canes or a walker.

Doctors who initially feared he might have Lou Gehrig’s Disease instead discovered problems with nerves in his back, Campbell’s son, Christian, told KHOU 11 News.
 ::snipping2::
Campbell will undergo treatment sometime in the next few weeks, his son said.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #1 on: September 19, 2012, 04:16:09 PM »

As I remember, a classy sportsman, as well.  Unlike some of today's NFL "stars."

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 19, 2012, 04:33:43 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/local/austin/kxan-earl-campbell-and-son-join-ms-fight
Earl Campbell and son join MS fight
Campbells raise money for scholarship program
September 18, 2012

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Texas Longhorn football legend Earl Campbell has scored big in the fight against multiple sclerosis.  He and his son Tyler presented a check to the National MS Society for $60,000 on Tuesday in Downtown Austin.

Tyler, 25, was diagnosed with MS in 2007 while attending San Diego State University.  Since then, the two have teamed up to raise money and awareness for people affected by the disease.

"I'm very proud of my son," said Earl Campbell. "Not only does [Tyler] have MS, but he's also gotten involved in doing the very best he can at working at it, and trying to give back."

They also awarded two college scholarships at the event. The National MS Society provided 22 high school seniors in Texas with scholarships for the 2012 academic year.
 ::snipping2::
The Campbell's fundraising efforts came from the Flavors of Austin and Flavors of the Gaslamp (San Diego) events. They also raised money through sales of the limited edition autographed painting "The Unstoppable Earl Campbell" featuring the 1977 Heisman winner with Warner Bros. Looney Tunes characters.

Tyler Campbell's football career was cut short, but he has taken tenacious attitude that defined his dad's running style, and used it in his own way.

"For me, I've kind of found my niche," said Tyler Campbell. "Being philanthropic was something my parents always harped on. It feels good to take it to the next level."

Next year's Flavors of Austin fundraiser will be on March 2. For more information on "The Unstoppable Earl Campbell" artwork, go to www.theunstoppableearlcampbell.org .

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 19, 2012, 07:07:07 PM »

So his son has MS and now he is being tested for nerve damage and balance problems?  He could also have MS.  Or maybe there is something in their family, a gene defect that is causing the problems.  They know so little about MS and similar diseases. 
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.