April 26, 2024, 07:32:03 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael and Thelma King (SC) Murdered in St. Maarten-Bodies Found 9/21/12  (Read 46698 times)
KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #40 on: September 26, 2012, 12:55:30 AM »

Any chance this is gang related? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #41 on: September 26, 2012, 03:03:51 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57520599-504083/st-maarten-murder-meyshane-k-johnson-suspect-in-s.c-couples-slaying-to-appear-in-court/

St. Maarten Murder: Meyshane K. Johnson, suspect in S.C. couple's slaying, to appear in court

(CBS/AP) PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - The man accused of killing South Carolina couple Michael and Thelma King, who were found in their Dutch Caribbean vacation home, is set to be arraigned in a St. Maarten court today.

The Kings, both in their 50s, were found stabbed to death in their beachfront condo on Friday. Thelma King was found tied to a chair and her husband was lying on the floor.

Meyshane K. Johnson, a 28-year-old Jamaica man, is being held in the couple's murder. Johnson, who works as a security guard in St. Maarten, denies any involvement.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #42 on: September 26, 2012, 03:13:07 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/media/set/?set=a.406622546058163.97592.128588073861613&type=1

The Suspect Arraigned for the Murders of the Kings
By SMN News (Albums) · Updated 2 hours ago

Court of First Instance Philipsburg St. Maarten.

More pictures at the link.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #43 on: September 26, 2012, 03:18:32 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10498-jamaican-murder-suspect-to-be-arraigned-on-wednesday-victims-died-of-severe-blood-loss.html

Jamaican Murder Suspect to be Arraigned on Wednesday --- Victims Died of Severe Blood Loss.
TUESDAY, 25 SEPTEMBER 2012 22:17   

Philipsburg:--- Meyshane Kemar Johnson, the man police believe murdered the American couple Michael and Thelma King in their Cupe Coy Beach home last week will be led before the judge of instruction on Wednesday confirmed Attorney General of St. Maarten Taco Stein in press release. Stein said the autopsies on the bodies were conducted on Tuesday and they were subsequently released to the family. St. Maarten's Attorney General said based on the preliminary findings the pathologist said the Kings died from severe blood loss due to stab wounds they received from the culprit(s). SMN News contacted Attorney General Taco Stein to gain further information. When asked by SMN News how many stab wounds the victims received, Stein said that in the interest of the investigation that information will not be released. SMN News then asked if the suspect confessed to the gruesome murder and robbery he is suspected of committing last Wednesday evening, Stein said that the suspect told police some things but he is not talking much about the killing of the Kings.

Updated press release issued by Public Prosecutor's Office concerning Cupe Coy Murder Case.

On Tuesday the bodies of Michael and Thelma King, who became victims of a violent crime last week, were released to their family members. The suspect in this case, 28 year old M.K.J., who was arrested last Sunday morning, will be led before the judge on Wednesday.

The prosecutor prolonged the first term of custody (two days) today with another eight days. On Wednesday, the judge will check the lawfulness of the arrest and the prolongation of the custody.

The prosecution discussed the preliminary results of the autopsy with the family members. In the interest of the investigation, no details can be divulged on the outcome of the autopsy nor the conversation with the family.

On Tuesday afternoon, the forensic material that was secured on different locations was discussed amongst prosecutors, the forensic department, and a representative of the Dutch Forensic Institute, NFI. The selected items will undergo forensic research at the NFI in order to establish whether relevant evidence or leads have been detected.

Police also questioned several witnesses on Tuesday. The suspect has been further interrogated but on advice of counsel chose not to speak at this point.

No information was received on either tip-line so far. The public is called upon to inform the police on any information that could be helpful to the investigation.
For local calls: please call 9300.
For calls from abroad: please call: +1-721-542 0345

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #44 on: September 27, 2012, 12:37:54 AM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120926/PC16/120929428

Suspect ordered held in St. Maarten slaying of Mount Pleasant couple

Glenn Smith Posted: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 9:43 a.m.
UPDATED: Wednesday, September 26, 2012 4:29 p.m.

A judge in St. Maarten this morning approved prosecutors’ requests to detain a suspect in the slayings of a Mount Pleasant couple for at least another week while the investigation continues.

The suspect, a 28-year-old Jamaican man, was hustled into a closed hearing in a Philipsburg courthouse with a shirt draped over his head to protect his privacy because he has not been formally charged in the killings of Michael and Thelma King. The Kings were found stabbed to death Friday in their beachfront condo.

“We usually try to protect (suspects’) privacy because they are still suspects, not convicted people,” Solicitor General Taco Stein said.

The judge agreed that prosecutors had sufficient evidence to keep the suspect behind bars for another seven days, Stein said. Prosecutors would then have to renew their request to detain the man, he said.

The suspect did not address the court, and his attorney, Brenda Brooks, could not immediately be reached for comment.

Though some media outlets are reporting that a hunt is on for a second suspect, Stein said that is incorrect.

“We do have an open mind for the possibility of more than one suspect, but it is not like some of the newspapers wrote that we already have someone as a target,” he said.

Stein said he believes the Kings’ bodies have been removed from the island by relatives. The family was cleared on Tuesday to take the bodies back to the United States for burial after autopsies determined the Kings bled to death from stab wounds, authorities said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #45 on: September 27, 2012, 12:42:09 AM »

http://www.foxnews.com/world/2012/09/26/jamaican-security-guard-detained-in-deaths-sc-couple-on-caribbean-island/

Judge orders Jamaican to be held in deaths of SC couple on Caribbean island

Published September 26, 2012
Associated Press

The hearing was closed to the press and public, but Solicitor General Taco Stein said later that the magistrate ruled there was enough evidence to hold Johnson for at least 10 more days pending further investigation. Prosecutors must return to court after that if they want to keep holding Johnson.

His lawyer says he denies killing the couple.

Police and prosecutors in St. Maarten have been in contact with the FBI, which offered assistance in the investigation.

"This offer was kindly accepted and both police and prosecution are now discussing with FBI where the help could be most effective," Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos said in a statement Wednesday night. "It is likely that some investigation will have to be conducted in the USA."

Mos said police have conducted a door-to-door investigation at the Ocean Club Resort and reviewed video footage from surveillance cameras.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #46 on: September 27, 2012, 12:56:38 AM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10508-judge-extended-johnsons-pre-trial-detention-police-were-ordered-to-cover-suspects-face.html

Judge Extended Johnson’s Pre-Trial Detention --- Police were Ordered to Cover Suspect’s face.
WEDNESDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER 2012 14:53   

Philipsburg:--- The suspect that police arrested for the murders of Michael and Thelma King was arraigned on Wednesday morning shortly after 11am at the Court of First Instance.

Meyshane Kemar Johnson, was brought to the Court House by three detectives in a grey private car. He was clad in a short black pants, white Kooyman T-shirt, and black shoes. The T-shirt was pulled over his head to cover his face. The judge of instruction extended the pre-trial detention for seven more days, making it ten days since his arrest which is in conformity with the Dutch legal system.

During this period, the prosecution would have to bring more evidence to court that would link Johnson to the murder of the Kings and the Armed Robbery committed last week Wednesday evening at Happy Star Chinese Restaurant on Cannegieter Street. He is scheduled to appear in court on Wednesday October 3nd, 2012 where the prosecution will request another eight days as they continue with the investigation.

Updated press release issued by Public Prosecutor's Office concerning Cupe Coy Murder Case.

On Wednesday, 28 year old M.K.J. was led before the judge of instruction. The judge considered both the arrest and the prolongation of the custody as lawful. Custody will now last until October 3rd, 2012, when a new decision on pre-trial detention will have to be taken.

The suspect refrained from giving any statement to the judge and the police pertaining to the case.

After the first 10 days of custody, the prosecution will decide whether they will ask the judge for another extension of the suspect's pre-trial detention. This phase could last a maximum of another 106 days. However, a judge will have to decide on prolongation several times during that period of time. Only by the end of the pre-trial detention the prosecution will decide whether they will charge the suspect or release him, pending further investigation.

Police conducted a door-to-door investigation at the Ocean Club Resort where they questioned possible witnesses on Wednesday. In addition, over the past few days an extensive amount of video footage from surveillance cameras was secured which will be studied.

Police and prosecution have been in contact with the FBI who offered assistance in the investigation. This offer was kindly accepted and both Police and prosecution are now discussing with FBI where the help could be most effective. It is likely that some investigation will have to be conducted in the USA. This will be formally asked for.

The first information reached the Police through the police information lines. This information will be investigated.

In case of relevant information: please call 9300 (on Sint Maarten) or when abroad: call +1-721-542 0345

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #47 on: September 27, 2012, 01:20:28 AM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10507-johnsons-aunt-says-police-jumped-to-conclusion-when-they-arrested-him-claims-police-brutality.html

Johnson's Aunt says Police Jumped to Conclusion when they Arrested Him --- Claims Police Brutality.
WEDNESDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER 2012 14:15   

Veronica Young, aunt of Meyshane Johnson at the Court of First Instance on Wednesday morning.

Philipsburg:--- Veronica Young, aunt of the suspect arrested for the murders of American citizens Michael and Thelma King said that the police on St. Maarten jumped to conclusions when they arrested her nephew Meyshane Kemar Johnson for the murder of the Kings. Young said heavily armed police officers visited her home on at least two occasions to look for Johnson but he was not at her house at the time.

The aggravated aunt said that police bypassed the person who found the dead bodies and signed a business contract with the Kings just two days prior to the killings. "People are speaking out on this and I don't condone or harbor criminals. The police said my nephew was a suspect in the Cannegieter Street robbery when they began looking for him." Young further explained that on the night of the robbery her nephew came to her in a hysterical state after police shot at the vehicle he was driving. She said she wanted to take Johnson to the police station that same moment but her nephew told her that he was not involved in any wrong doings. "If my nephew is involved in that robbery then he should be charged for that crime and do the time, but I don't agree with the police trying to pin two murders on him because I know he is innocent." When asked by SMN News if she believes her nephew was involved in the Chinese Restaurant Robbery, Young said she believes that he did it because he was the driver of the car and he is the one that removed the bullet from the vehicle prior to police finding it. Young further explained that police did not find anything in the car because the owner of the car who is operating his father's car rental in Cole Bay told the family that there was nothing in the car when police seized the vehicle. Besides that, the owner of the car collected $300.00 that same night from Johnson to repair the vehicle. "The owner of the car and my nephew have been friends for years and he would always lend his friends cars." The woman admitted that there was more than one person in the vehicle at the time of the robbery but she does not know who those persons are.

Johnson was deported but Returned to the Island Unnoticed.

Aunt Accuses Police of Police Brutality --- Police beat him badly when they arrested him.

Veronica Young also accused the detectives that arrested Meyshane Kemar Johnson early Sunday morning of police brutality. She said that when police broke into the house where Johnson and his girlfriend were sleeping they brutalized him. "The police beat him so badly that they had to take him to the hospital for stitches and they also had him on drips at the Simpson Bay Police Outpost. His girlfriend told me that the police even slapped her and called her a bitch and they also arrested her when they arrested Meyshane Johnson."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #48 on: September 27, 2012, 02:03:02 AM »

http://www.thedailyherald.com/islands/1-islands-news/31910-judge-prolongs-detention-of-double-murder-suspect-.html

Judge prolongs detention of double-murder suspect

THURSDAY, 27 SEPTEMBER 2012 01:07

~ Local police, FBI cooperating on case ~

PHILIPSBURG--The investigating judge upheld on Wednesday the detention of M.J.K., the suspect in the murder of American nationals Michael and Thelma King.

Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos said in a press release Wednesday that Judge C.T.M. Luijks considered M.J.K.'s arrest and prolongation of custody until October 3 lawful. A decision on further prolongation of his detention will be taken October 3.

"The suspect refrained from giving any statement to the judge and the police pertaining to the case," Mos said.

Mos also explained that after the first 10 days of custody, the prosecution will have to decide whether it will ask the judge for the suspect's pre-trial detention. This phase could last a maximum of another 106 days, but the judge will have to decide on prolongation several times during that period of time.

At the end of the pre-trial detention, the prosecution will decide whether M.J.K. will be charged or released pending further investigation.

Police conducted a door-to-door investigation at Ocean Club Resort on Wednesday, September 26, and questioned possible witnesses. An extensive amount of video footage from surveillance cameras has been secured and will be investigated by police and prosecution.

Police and prosecution also have been in contact with the US Federal Bureau of Investigation (FBI), which offered assistance in the investigation. "This offer was kindly accepted and both police and prosecution are now discussing with the FBI where the help could be most effective. It is likely that some investigation will have to be conducted in the US," Mos said.

The release also stated that information had reached police via the provided tip lines. The prosecution has not disclosed what kind of information was given, but will be investigating this tip.

The tip lines are still open and persons with information are urged to call 9300 locally and 1-721-542-0345 internationally, the press release concluded.

Michael King was a retired insurance executive who later started a company in Blythewood, South Carolina, that manufactured adhesive labels. Friends said he had been a self-made man who had started from humble beginnings and had become quite wealthy through his business acumen. Blythewood is near the state capital of Columbia.

Both Michael and Thelma grew up in the Columbia area and moved later to Mount Pleasant, a suburban community along the coast. They purchased a condominium in the Tolers Cove development near the Intracoastal Waterway in 2007 for more than US $970,000, according to Charleston County records.

The couple split their time between Mount Pleasant and their home in St. Maarten, friends said.

Their friend Terry Tamblyn of Isle of Palms said he was a partner in St. Maarten rental property with Michael King and that the couple had been on the island for vacation and business. Michael King was building a rum factory with long-time friend Topper Daboul on the island, with plans to export Topper's Gourmet Rhum Liqueurs to the United States, friends said.

M.J.K.'s attorney Brenda Brooks had said on Tuesday that her client was denying involvement in the murders. Brooks said her client also was denying that he had resisted arrest as alleged by authorities.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #49 on: September 27, 2012, 02:14:57 AM »

Any chance this is gang related? 

I don't know.

But I have wondered if it had anything to do with Mike King's current business dealings?

I've noticed this subject coming up a lot, so this is some of what I've read about the business Mike King was in with Topper Daboul and from my reading Prime Beverage Imports as well.

http://www.boston.com/news/world/caribbean/2012/09/25/sadness-dutch-caribbean-over-slain-couple/peVVADJ1WQ0rEhD8Gv4SlO/story.html

Topper Daboul, owner of the restaurant where the memorial was held, said he and Michael King were building a rum factory together on the Dutch territory of roughly 50,000 people.

https://www.facebook.com/toppersrhum/posts/438817282818792

Nina Walton
Are you selling your Rhum in the U.S. now?
Like ·  · June 26 at 6:13pm

Topper's Rhum Not yet, Fall 2012. what state do you live in?
June 26 at 6:17pm · Like

Marjory Bond Im in Texas.....and its almost Fall....
September 6 at 1:12pm · Like

Topper's Rhum I am flying to Texas, hopefully to work a deal in Novemeber with the local distributor. We will be looking at Texas in the second quarter of 2013. Until then, please talk to your local ABC stores and request our product. They can call Prime Beverage Imports, LLC for more information. Thank you for drinking great Rhum Marjory Bond. More to come! ~ Jeff
September 21 at 7:38am · Like

https://www.facebook.com/toppersrhum/posts/471291169571403

Topper's Rhum
September 19
Topper's Tip expanded: AHHHHH the sweet touch to my lips, searching my mouth, my tongue embracing your every ingrediant... I SOOOO LOVE MY TOPPER’S RUM!!
Like ·  · Share
4 people like this.

Nina Walton My supply is running low and I won't be back to SXM until April. When and where will you be selling in the states? I heard it would be this fall.
September 19 at 1:44pm via mobile · Like

Topper's Rhum Hey Nina, we are getting there. We will have a full update by Mid October! There was a slight problem with our bottle Manufacturer and the opening order, but is being corrected as we speak. We have moved into our new warehouse and our holding tanks are arriving tomorrow. So excited. Pictures coming soon. Thank you for your patience and thanks for drinking great Rhum!
September 20 at 9:51pm via mobile · Like · 2

https://www.facebook.com/toppersrhum

About
Topper's Gourmet Flavored Rhum Liqueurs
Description
A luxuriously smooth blend of the finest, all natural, gourmet island flavors. Each bottle is hand made with excellence in Sint Maarten

We have just signed a North American distribution agreement with Prime Beverage Imports, LLC. Please call Jeff LeVine for North American Distribution questions. His US office number is 803-802-8750 and can be reached @ Jeff@Primemanagementconsulting.com - Thank you

Please look foro ur brands in the US in early 2012, thank you.

ENJOY AS IS, WHERE IS, OVER ICE OR EVEN OVER ICE CREAM!

We started concocting flavored rhum liqueurs many years ago so that we could give a complimentary after dinner drink to our guests. Our customers loved our rhum and constantly we were asked if we could bottle some for them to take home as a memory of their time here.

We quickly went from fulfilling individual request for bottles to producing our own supply for the restaurants. We decided to go commercial in 2008 with our product and we are very proud to introduce our Topper's Gourmet Flavored Rhum Liqueurs to the world.

Our Rhum can be found predominately in our local supermarkets on both sides of the island, Le Grand Marche Markets, US Imports, The Market Garden, Last Stop Rum Shop at the airport, Gulmohars on Front Street, Kenny's on Old Street, on Random Wind, and of course Topper’s Restaurant & Bar and Topper’s by the Sea where you can still enjoy a complimentary drink.

What differentiates our product?
- The taste is amazing, just like our food we pride ourselves on the quality and flavor. Every detail and the customer's experience of the product is carefully considered and unprecedented.
- All natural ingredients.
-Distinctive gourmet flavors.
- Very attractive packaging using brightly colored square and round glass bottles with swing top closures, labels depicting island scenes that are beautifully designed with an opalescent water/uv proof finish and tamper proof shrink seals. The bottles are reusable as vases, decorative glass, oil & vinegar bottles, salt & pepper shakers and more.
- The rhum is handmade and each and every bottle is hand filled and packaged with precision right here in St. Maarten.
- We manufacture in St. Maarten, a Caribbean Basin Territory, allowing us the fortunate right as a beneficiary of the Caribbean Basin Initiative (CBI) which provides duty-free access to the United States market. Take all you want home!

We have just signed a North American distribution agreement with Prime Beverage Imports, LLC. Please call Jeff LeVine for North American Distribution questions. His US office number is 803-802-8750 and can be reached @ Jeff@Primemanagementconsulting.com - Thank you

http://www.toppersrhum.com/

We started making flavored rhum liqueurs for Topper’s Restaurants, based on my wife’s concoctions that she had been perfecting for more than 14 years, so that we could give a complimentary after dinner drink to our guests. Our customers loved our rhum and constantly asked if we could bottle some for them to take home as a memory of their time here in St. Maarten.

We quickly went from fulfilling individual request for our guests out of our kitchen to producing our own supply for the restaurants.

The taste is amazing; just like our food, we pride ourselves on the quality and flavor. Topper’s Rhum uses natural and characteristic flavors of the tropics blended with select Caribbean cane sugar rum to create a delicate and true to its flavor spirit with an undeniably smooth finish. We currently have six distinctive gourmet flavors that are truly unique to Topper’s Rhum and other flavors that we are developing.

We have chosen very attractive packaging using brightly colored glass bottles with swing top closures, labels depicting island scenes that are beautifully designed with an opalescent water/UV proof finish and tamper proof shrink seals. The bottles are reusable as vases, decorative glass, table lamps, oil & vinegar bottles, salt & pepper shakers and more.

Every detail and the customer's experience of the product are carefully considered and unprecedented. Our rhum is handmade and each and every bottle is hand filled and packaged with precision right here in St. Maarten.

We decided to launch our products commercially in 2008 and we are very proud to introduce our Topper's Gourmet Flavored Rhum Liqueurs to the world!

We have been talking to Jeff LeVine, owner of Prime Beverage Imports, LLC for a couple of years. Once he finally made it to our side of the world in February of 2011, we felt there was a lot of synergy between our two companies. Prime Beverage has been successful in getting our products FDA approved and is working diligently to bring it to the US market. We are currently looking at a launch in July of 2012.

Currently Our Rhum can be found predominately on the island in all local supermarkets, at the airport, on Front Street, charter boats, restaurants and of course our two restaurants, Topper’s Restaurant & Bar and Topper’s by the Sea. Next time you’re on the island, please come see us where you can enjoy complimentary samples.

We hope you will enjoy our Rhum’s as much as we do; after all, Time flies when your having Rhum!

Cheers,

Topper and Melanie

Topper’s Gourmet Rhum Liqueurs

http://www.linkedin.com/pub/jeff-levine/11/6b/363

Jeff LeVine
CEO of Prime Beverage/Prime Management Consulting and Craft Beer Brand Specialist.
Fort Mill, South Carolina (Charlotte, North Carolina Area) Food & Beverages

CEO & President
Prime Beverage Imports, LLC
July 2011 – Present (1 year 3 months) Fort Mill, SC

Prime Beverage Imports, LLC is a subsidiary to Prime Management. Prime Beverage is the DBA for our new Alcohol Importing Company. Our flagship brand that we have the North American rights to is Topper's Rhum from St Maarten. Topper's will make its USA debut in January, 2013. We are very excited about this opportunity; Please see us at www.PrimeBev.com, thank you.

CEO
Prime Management Consulting
July 2011 – Present (1 year 3 months) United States

Prime Management Consulting was opened with the idea of educating distributors to build craft awareness to consumers. There are multiple consulting firms that devote their expertise to mergers, acquisitions, and financials. Prime Management is the only tactical consulting firm of its kind. We focus on education, plain and simple no matter what your volume. We have distributors from the big three calling us saying, “My reps know how to take an order, but can you please come show them how to sell craft beer?” We also have the small independent guy saying, “I have a truck, 10 brands and a driver, now what?” We can handle everything from Procurement and logistics to sales, cross merchandising and marketing. We customize packages for your needs. There are different value opportunities available at different investment needs. www.PrimeManagementConsulting.com Thank you.

Owner
Carolina Craft Distributing
Privately Held; 11-50 employees; Wine and Spirits industry
2007 – 2011 (4 years) Rock Hill, SC

Owner - Manage all aspects of business performance including sales force covering NC and SC; direct all aspects of business operations, logistics, and staff of 28. Manage customer base of 1400 active customers as well as relationships with 104 suppliers. Develop and manage $3.5M sales budget and long term strategic planning.
•   Business Management: Developed, implemented, and managed operational protocols for warehouse design, logistics, purchasing, and distribution of over 1100 SKU’s, resulting in 4 consecutive years of 18% revenue growth.
•   Procurement Analyst: Extensive planning, forecasting, negotiation and the coordination of delivery schedules Provided measurable targets such as fill rates, turn rates, backorder lines and dollars.
•   Outside Sales: Challenged with increasing sales revenue, developed dynamic sales management protocol focusing on monthly budgets with incentives, training, and performance expectations increasing sales revenue by 15% over the life of the company.
•   Off Premise Sales: Developed pricing and sales strategy for all off-premise sales channels, initiated contract approvals and managed relationships with executive level buyers, resulting in $1.2 M increase in revenue.
•   Target Marketing: Manage and coordinate relationships with suppliers increasing fine wine and craft beer portfolio, while consistently building brands and increasing depletions and market share.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #50 on: September 27, 2012, 02:18:09 AM »

http://www.primebev.com/about-us.htm

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #51 on: September 27, 2012, 02:45:56 AM »

http://smn-news.com/letters/10521-murders-of-americans-should-be-prosecuted-by-us-department-of-justice-and-fbi-to-avoid-another-natalie-holloway-miscarriage-of-justice-by-dutch-government.html

Letters to the editor 

Murders of Americans Should Be Prosecuted by U.S. Department of Justice and FBI to Avoid Another Natalie Holloway Miscarriage of Justice by Dutch Government.

WEDNESDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER 2012 23:36    SMN-NEWS TEAM   

In the U.S. there is a violent crime such as murder, rape, etc. every day. There are approximately 365 million people in the US, including approximately 20 million people there illegally who also commit murders. In fact, this story has not been reported on the "main stream media" - I only saw it on CNN on the Internet.

What makes this murder so different from the murders that occur daily in the US is very simple to understand. The island makes 85% of its money from tourism, including cruise boat one-day visitors, tourists here for a couple of weeks, and Americans who have invested money in property and businesses on the island.

St. Martin has always had two faces. The French Gendarmes intentionally under-report crime. They openly discourage tourists from making crime reports. The Dutch side is no better. Create the image to tourists that the island is safe, and more money will arrive in local businesses and in tax receipts! Crime is bad for business. Let's pretend St. Martin is safe for everybody to get the tourist money? Is that what we want on our island?

I will pray for the entire King family. I will not jump to conclusions, although much of the information leaked to the press makes it sound as though they arrested at least one of the murderers. This senseless murder affects the family, friends, and every resident of St. Martin. The Kings were well known and liked by many here and at home, and their murder will not be forgotten.

The American FBI should be called in to investigate and make an arrest in the murder of two American citizens. The FBI has superior technology, does not have political influence of the island's politicians, and they have authority to investigate and prosecute world wide when American citizens are murdered. The accused should face American justice.

Dutch law in Aruba failed the family of Miss Natalie Holloway, and the Dutch murderer went on the kill again in Peru - on the 5th anniversary of Natalie's murder! The FBI should have handled that case, but were prevented by an ignorant Dutch Government.

I ask all residents of St. Martin to write and plead with the American Attorney General, Mr. Eric Holder, to order the FBI in. Letters can be sent to:

U. S. Attorney General Eric Holder
U.S. Department of Justice
950 Pennsylvania Avenue, NW
Washington, DC 20530-0001

C. F. Bordelon
Supporter of Better and Safer Life on St. Martin

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #52 on: September 27, 2012, 08:48:53 AM »

I find it interesting police were ordered to cover the suspects face yet I've seen photos of bodies laying on the beach, drowning victims laying in boats and other places and they weren't covered.   

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10508-judge-extended-johnsons-pre-trial-detention-police-were-ordered-to-cover-suspects-face.html

Judge Extended Johnson’s Pre-Trial Detention --- Police were Ordered to Cover Suspect’s face.
WEDNESDAY, 26 SEPTEMBER 2012 14:53   
Meyshane Kemar Johnson, was brought to the Court House by three detectives in a grey private car. He was clad in a short black pants, white Kooyman T-shirt, and black shoes. The T-shirt was pulled over his head to cover his face. The judge of instruction extended the pre-trial detention for seven more days, making it ten days since his arrest which is in conformity with the Dutch legal system.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #53 on: September 27, 2012, 10:34:17 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/The.Real.Paparazzi/posts/10152150300775581

Gromyko Wilson
2 hours ago via mobile

PUBLIC PROSECUTION SERVICE

Public Prosecutor's Office Sint Maarten

Sint Maarten, September 27th 2012

PRESS RELEASE #7

Cupecoy case:

Police investigating and analyzing information Police are currently investigating all information that was gathered the past few days.

In order to get a good overview of all relevant information, analysts and detectives are running through all statements in combination with technical information such as information retrieved from telephones from the victims and the suspect who was apprehended.

Furthermore new witnesses were questioned today. This process may go on for a few more days since, based on statements of earlier witnesses, other names of possible witnesses come up. Besides that, a vast amount of video-footage has to be studied for all relevant details. Police retrieved camera footage from over 10 locations. This all has to be studied which is time consuming.

The prosecution is preparing requests for assistance to the US authorities.
Especially information on the background of the victims and from people close to the victims could be relevant for the investigation. This is where the help of the FBI could come in and would make these investigations go faster and smoother.

End of press release

Paparazzi BBM News

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #54 on: September 27, 2012, 10:37:42 PM »

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/component/k2/item/20180-double-murder-suspect-heard-in-court-wednesday.html

Double murder suspect heard in court Wednesday
WRITTEN BY  STAFF REPORTER 26 SEPTEMBER 2012 PUBLISHED IN ISLAND NEWS

PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - The lone suspect (M.K.J.) in last Fridays double murder case, was brought before the Judge in the court of first instance on Wednesday morning.

A small group of family members belonging to the lone suspect was very vocal outside of the court of first instance on Wednesday. One family member proclaimed the innocence of the murder suspect claiming that the police should place more attention on finding the real killer.

The court hearing of the murder suspect also attracted a large group of onlookers who jeered the suspect as he left the court house on Wednesday morning.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #55 on: September 27, 2012, 10:40:47 PM »

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/component/k2/item/20219-governor-holiday-pays-working-visit-to-public-prosecutors-office.html

Governor Holiday pays working visit to Public Prosecutor's Office
WRITTEN BY  DRS. PAUL MIDDELBERG 27 SEPTEMBER 2012 PUBLISHED IN TIMES 2

Harbour View – His Excellency the Governor of Sint Maarten, drs. E.B. Holiday, paid a working visit to the Public Prosecutors Office on Thursday September 27, 2012.

The Governor, in a meeting with Attorney General, Dick Piar, Solicitor-General, Taco Stein, and Chief Prosecutor, Hans Mos and Staff has been updated on the challenges faced by, current state of affairs at and plans of the Public Prosecutors Office.

During the visit the Governor emphasized the importance of the Public Prosecutors Office for the enforcement of the law and commended the management and staff for their committed and invaluable service to the safety and security of the people of Sint Maarten.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #56 on: September 29, 2012, 03:46:18 PM »

https://www.facebook.com/The.Real.Paparazzi/posts/10152152366075581

Gromyko Wilson
21 hours ago via mobile
PUBLIC PROSECUTION SERVICE

Public Prosecutor's Office Sint Maarten

Sint Maarten, September 28th 2012

PRESS RELEASE

Cupecoy case:
Police investigation ongoing

The police investigation into the Cupecoy case is ongoing. New witnesses are still reported. Family returns home together with the bodies of Michael and Thelma King.

Police have put all their efforts on investigating the information that they obtained last week. Based on that information prosecution and police will move forward.

As long as this process is ongoing no more press releases will be forwarded until after the weekend, unless new developments give reason to do so. Family members of the deceased Michael en Thelma King spoke again to the prosecution this morning before they returned back to the US.

With them they took the bodies of both victims who will be buried in USA.

End of press release

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #57 on: September 30, 2012, 02:19:44 AM »

http://www.legacy.com/obituaries/thestate/obituary.aspx?n=michael-and-thelma-king&pid=160176780

Michael and Thelma King
Obituary

Michael and Thelma King MT. PLEASANT - Michael W. and Thelma S. King, a unique and beautiful couple, died together in St. Maarten, Virgin Islands on September 21, 2012.

Services for Michael and Thelma King will be conducted at 4:00 PM Wednesday, October 3, 2012, at Chapin United Methodist Church by Rev. Jody Flowers and Rev. Paul Allen. Visitation will also be on Wednesday from 2:00 to 3:30 PM in the Fellowship Hall at Chapin United Methodist Church, 415 Lexington Ave., Chapin, SC. Memorials are suggested to the Thornwell Home for Children in Clinton, SC (thornwellhome.org ) and to Chapin United Methodist Church. The family greatly appreciates the outpouring of love and support that has been shared with them during this tragedy. They humbly request that you respect their privacy and allow them to be together as a family following the service and to resume your visits on the following day. Mike and Thelma's wishes for all were to live life each and every day to the fullest. Online condolences may be sent to the family at www.whitakerfuneralhome.com . Whitaker Funeral Home of Chapin is assisting the family.

Published in The State on September 30, 2012

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #58 on: October 02, 2012, 06:36:03 PM »

http://www.wistv.com/story/19703424/police-arrest-second-suspect-in-midlands-couples-slaying

Police arrest second suspect in Midlands couple's slaying

Posted: Oct 02, 2012 7:41 AM CDT
Updated: Oct 02, 2012 7:48 AM CDT

PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN (WCSC/AP) - Prosecutors announced on Monday that a second arrest has been made in the slaying of a Midlands couple found dead in their condominium on St. Maarten.

According to the St. Maarten's Public Prosecutor's Office, a 17 year old has been arrested in connection to the killing of Michael and Thelma King.

A press release from the prosecutor's office did not give the name of the suspect, but referred to the teen as a male and gave his initials as J.C.M.

Authorities say they managed to track the teen down and arrest him in the Cole Bay area. According to prosecutors, the teen was considered a suspect since last week. Investigators say that further arrests "cannot be excluded."

Authorities have already arrested Meyshane Johnson, a Jamaican security guard.

The Kings' funeral is set for Wednesday at Chapin United Methodist Church.

This is the home where the murders happened. (Source: Rion Spangler)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #59 on: October 02, 2012, 06:40:10 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10565-17-year-old-arrested-in-cupe-coy-murder-case.html

17 Year Old Arrested in Cupe Coy Murder Case.
MONDAY, 01 OCTOBER 2012 18:20

hilipsburg:--- A 17 year old St. Maarten born young man of Jamaican descent was arrested on Monday afternoon as the second suspect in the Kings murder investigation. According to earlier information that was provided to SMN News, Meyshane Keymar Johnson did not act alone, he was assisted in the gruesome killings by a minor who was born on St. Maarten to Jamaican parents. SMN News has been reliably informed that the suspect was arrested somewhere in the Cole Bay area around 4:00pm.

Attorney General of St. Maarten Taco Stein confirmed that a second suspect was arrested on Monday afternoon in the Cole Bay area.

Press Statement from Public Prosecuter's Office Concerning Second Arrest in Cupe Coy Murder Case

Police arrested a second suspect in the Cupecoy case around 3:45pm on Monday. After an intensive search last weekend and today (Monday), police managed to track down 17 year old J.C.M. and arrested him on the street in the Cole Bay area.

J.C.M. was considered a suspect since last week. Further arrests cannot be excluded.

The other suspect in this case, 28 year old M.K.J., will be led before the judge of instruction on Wednesday October 3rd 2012, where the prosecution will ask the judge to order the suspect's pre-trial detention.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.