March 28, 2024, 06:39:33 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael and Thelma King (SC) Murdered in St. Maarten-Bodies Found 9/21/12  (Read 46620 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« on: September 22, 2012, 08:09:10 PM »

http://www.thedailyherald.com/islands/1-islands-news/31772-american-couple-found-murdered-in-cupecoy-condominium.html

American couple found murdered in Cupecoy condominium
FRIDAY, 21 SEPTEMBER 2012 22:53

CUPECOY--South Carolina married couple Michael and Thelma King were found murdered in their room at Ocean Club Villas Residence and Inn in Cupecoy, on Friday morning, September 21.

The police central dispatch received a call around 11:20am alerting them to the scene where their bodies were found. "Upon arrival police discovered the lifeless bodies of a man and a woman. Both appeared to have sustained lethal stab wounds," stated Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos in a press release issued last night that did not identify the names, ages or nationality of the victims.

"The woman was tied onto a chair. The man was lying on the floor and partially over another chair," continued Mos in describing the scene police officers encountered. "The motive of this horrific crime is as yet unclear. The doctor who was at the crime scene found no indication whatsoever of a possible sexual motive. Speculations earlier today were suggesting this."

Mos also reported that a house search was conducted on judge's orders. This search was completed at 6.30pm. "Police officers have been questioning numerous possible witnesses that might be able to contribute to the investigation."

The bodies of the Kings were discovered when their long-time friend Topper Daboul (owner of Topper's Restaurant) grew concerned of not hearing from them for a day and decided to visit them personally. Michael King had recently sold a label company that he owned and was in partnership with Daboul to open a rum factory.

"I last talked with Michael on Wednesday and he left my house around 4:30, 5:00 in the afternoon to go to the plant where they are building the rum factory," Daboul said. "Some other friends had a drink with him later that night. I don't know what happened after that."
Daboul said that he was not able to reach the Kings all day Thursday and found it strange because "usually he'll say he's tied up and can't be reached."

"The fact that he didn't call made me a little suspicious but not a lot. Maybe he had an argument with his wife, I don't know," he said.

When Daboul could not reach his friends on Friday morning, he decided to drive up to their condominium. He knocked on the door and no one answered. He then went to talk to the security guard who said that the wife usually takes out the garbage early in the morning but did not do so "yesterday morning or this morning."

It was then that Daboul asked the brother of a housekeeper who happened to be there to climb over the fence to see if he could see anything. "He climbed and then screamed and said there's a man kneeling over a chair with blood all around him," Daboul said. He asked if the man saw anybody else and he said no.

Daboul then alerted the police who found Thelma dead as well. "They wouldn't give any more information on how she was found," Daboul said.

Information as to how long the bodies lay undiscovered in the condominium for was unavailable up to press time.

The Kings were part time residents of St. Maarten as they frequented the island a lot. "Every couple of months they're here. They come here a lot. They own two condos up there [Ocean Clubs, ed.]," Daboul said. "These two people probably had to hang their wings up at night.

They were really good people," Daboul said of his friends.

The couple were in their 50s and do not have any children.

The Daily Herald understands that police recovered Michael King's credit card and mobile phone in an abandoned vehicle and realized it was linked to him after calling numbers in the phone. Details of where the vehicle was found could not be determined, however, this newspaper understand that the vehicle did not belong to Michael King.
 ::snipping2::

Edit to change NC to SC in subject title per TM's request.  (Replies 1 thru 3) And to snip post. MB
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:35:02 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: September 22, 2012, 08:14:29 PM »

Would a kind mod please change the initials from NC to SC in the thread title.

Sorry about that, should be South Carolina...   Done.  MB
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:35:37 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: September 22, 2012, 08:24:46 PM »

http://www.usatoday.com/news/nation/story/2012/09/22/south-carolina-couple-killed-in-st-maarten/57823298/1

(9/22/12)

South Carolina couple killed in St. Maarten

PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten (AP) -- A couple from South Carolina has been killed in the Dutch Caribbean country of St. Maarten, police said Friday.

The bodies of Michael and Thelma King were found Friday in their beachfront condominium, according to police spokesman Ricardo Henson.

Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos said both Americans appeared to have fatal stab wounds and the woman was tied to a chair in the home in the Ocean Club Resort in Cupecoy. He said police were interviewing possible witnesses.

Local restaurant owner Topper Daboul told The Associated Press that he was a friend of Michael King and that they were building a rum factory together.

He said that King had recently sold an unidentified company in the U.S.

"These two people probably had to hang their wings up at night. That's how beautiful they were," Daboul said. "Their life was pretty successful ... They had oodles of dollars. They had everything they ever wanted in life."

Neither Daboul nor police knew the King's hometown. Both were in their 50s.

Daboul said he last saw Michael King on Wednesday afternoon.

Daboul said he drove over to the apartment on Friday and banged on the door. He said he asked a person who had been on the premises at the time to climb over a fence and see if they saw anyone in the house.

Daboul said the person told him that he saw a dead man leaning over a chair.

The Kings were part-time residents of St. Maarten and owned several homes.
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:35:52 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: September 22, 2012, 08:28:03 PM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20120922/PC16/120929746/1165/friends-shocked-at-deaths-of-michael-thelma-king-in-st-maarten

Friends shocked at deaths of Michael, Thelma King in St. Maarten

Prentiss Findlay Posted: Saturday, September 22, 2012 12:46 a.m.
UPDATED: Saturday, September 22, 2012 2:10 a.m.

MOUNT PLEASANT — Friends of Michael and Thelma King were stunned Friday to learn of their violent deaths in the Dutch Caribbean country of St. Maarten.

“It’s beyond me. It was such a shock,” said Terry Tamblyn of Isle of Palms. “I can’t figure any reason. It was crazy to me. Everybody loved Mike and Thelma.”

The couple resided at a Tolers Cove condominum where they stayed much of the year.

Michael King was a generous man, said Tamblyn, who was a partner with King in St. Maarten rental property. King and his wife were on the island for vacation and business, he said.

“He’d give you the shirt off his back,” Tamblyn said. “They were just the greatest people in the world. I can’t think of any enemies.”

Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos in St. Maarten said the couple was stabbed. Thelma King was tied to a chair. Michael King was lying on the floor and partially over another chair, according to a press release issued by the prosecutor and posted at the St. Martin News website.

“The motive of this horrific crime is yet unclear,” Mos said.

The bodies of the couple were found Friday in their beachfront condominium, according to police spokesman Ricardo Henson, the Associated Press reported.

King was a retired insurance executive who later started a successful printing business that he sold, Tamblyn said.

Tamblyn last spoke with King two weeks ago.

“He was excited. He didn’t have any problems,” Tamblyn said.

King owned a couple of restaurants on the island, and was on the verge of kicking off a new spiced-rum business, Tamblyn said.

The couple was last heard from Wednesday night. The bodies were discovered Friday morning by a friend, Tamblyn said.

On Wednesday night they had drinks and ate at a Mexican restaurant called Macho Nacho, he said. Friends could not reach the couple all day Thursday, which was unusual, he said.

Murder is a rarity in St. Maarten. “It’s just shocking. It’s one of the places that I feel safe,” Tamblyn said.

The Kings’ Mount Pleasant condominium is at the end of a cul-de-sac in Tolers Cove on the Intracoastal Waterway next to the Ben Sawyer Bridge.

A man who identified himself as a brother of Michael King answered the door. He asked that his name not be used. He said that he was angry and shocked because of the crime and that he was heading to St. Maarten.

Tamblyn said King was working on a business to import rum, then put spices into it at a factory and warehouse.

« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 08:36:08 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: September 22, 2012, 08:36:49 PM »

http://www2.counton2.com/news/2012/sep/21/6/south-carolina-couple-killed-st-maarten-ar-4598044/

South Carolina couple killed in St. Maarten

PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - A couple from South Carolina has been killed in the Dutch Caribbean country of St. Maarten.

The bodies of Michael and Thelma King were found in their beachfront condominium Friday and police spokesman Ricardo Henson says there are signs of foul play.

In a statement issued to the "Saint Martin News Network," the government and Cheif Prosecutor commented on the double homicide. The statements from their website are below.

STATEMENT FROM THE GOVERNMENT OF ST. MAARTEN.

Officials of the Government of St. Maarten issued an immediate statement upon hearing about the murder of two American citizens in St. Maarten.

"Our hearts go out to the family and friends of the couple found murdered at the Ocean Club in St. Maarten. Since the incident is still under investigation, we cannot comment about the details at this time, but we can assure you that every government resource is being brought into play to
investigate and solve this case."

Press release issued by Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos concerning the murders.

Late this morning Police were informed about a possible crime scene in a house at the Ocean Club Resort in Cupecoy. Upon arrival Police discovered the lifeless bodies of a man and a woman. Both appeared to have sustained lethal stab wounds.

The woman was tied onto a chair. The man was lying on the floor and partially over another chair. The motive of this horrific crime is yet unclear. The doctor who was at the crime scene found no indication whatsoever of a possible sexual motive. Speculations earlier today were suggesting this.

Police have secured the crime scene and the forensic department of the Sint Maarten Police Force have been conducting a thorough investigation. Subsequently a house search was conducted on judge's order. This search was completed at 6.30 PM.

Police officers have been questioning numerous possible witnesses that might be able to contribute to the investigation.

Although information on the identity of both victims has been out, Police have not been able to conduct a formal identification, as next of kin have not yet been informed. The Public Prosecutor's Office has been in contact with the American Consul in Curaçao and has requested the Consul to inform the family members. As long as no formal identification has taken place no information on the identity of the victims can be divulged.

A Police investigation team of 25 officers are involved in the investigation.

Michael and Thelma King photo from Facebook
« Last Edit: September 22, 2012, 09:44:20 PM by MuffyBee » Logged

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2012, 08:43:53 PM »

Would a kind mod please change the initials from NC to SC in the thread title.

Sorry about that, should be South Carolina...   Done.  MB

Thank you MuffyBee!   

I didn't know you'd have to change each post...I would have waited if I'd known that.   

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2012, 08:48:41 PM »

http://mtpleasant.live5news.com/news/news/70272-mt-pleasant-couple-killed-st-maarten

Mt. Pleasant couple killed in St. Maarten

Submitted by Philip Weiss, Community Web Producer
Saturday, September 22nd, 2012, 2:43pm

Michael and Thelma King. (Source: WIS)

CHARLESTON, SC (AP/WCSC)- A couple from South Carolina was found dead in a beachfront condominium in the Dutch Caribbean country of St. Maarten on Friday.

Police say the bodies of Michael and Thelma King were found in their condo late Friday morning and both appeared to have sustained lethal stab wounds. Michael King, who is from the Irmo-Chapin area in South Carolina, owned a home there, as well as in Mt. Pleasant and St. Maarten.

According to a release by Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos, a team of 25 officers are investigating the murder. A motive for the crime is unclear.

The Kings lived part time in St. Maarten and lived the rest of the year in Charleston.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2012, 09:01:16 PM »

Thelma King's Facebook

https://www.facebook.com/thelma.king.14

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2012, 09:32:55 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10462-st-maarten-police-investigating-double-homicide-of-american-couple-tourists-brutally-murdered-in-ocean-club-hotel-room-updated.html

St. Maarten Police Investigating Double Homicide of American Couple --- Tourists Brutally Murdered in Ocean Club Condominium. (UPDATED)

FRIDAY, 21 SEPTEMBER 2012 14:48   

Cupe Coy:--- Police on St. Maarten are busy investigating the gruesome murder of a couple that was vacationing on the island at the Ocean Club Resort in Cupe Coy. According to information reaching SMN News, the bodies were found by a well known restaurateur from Simpson Bay. It is not yet clear what type of relationship the businessman had with the victims and how long they were on the island.

The victims have been identified as Micheal and Thelma King of South Carolina who are also part-time residents of St. Maarten since they owned several homes on the island.

(The COMMENTS are interesting imo)

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2012, 12:16:12 PM »

http://abcnews.go.com/International/wireStory/st-maarten-cops-arrest-man-us-couples-murder-17301940

St. Maarten Cops Arrest Man in US Couple's Murder

PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten September 23, 2012 (AP)

St. Maarten police say they have arrested a suspect in the slayings of a South Carolina couple.

Police spokesman Ricardo Henson says the male suspect was arrested before dawn Sunday. He has not been charged yet.

Henson says more details about the man could not be immediately disclosed and says police will issue a statement "as soon as more information can be divulged."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #10 on: September 23, 2012, 12:19:42 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JrhfugAe-20

Mike & Thelma King

Published on Sep 22, 2012 by St. Martin St.Maarten sxmtravelforum

Never Forget! September 20, 2012

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #11 on: September 23, 2012, 12:30:00 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10469-suspect-in-double-homicide-arrested-police-work-round-the-clock-to-arrest-jamaican-suspect.html

Suspect in Double Homicide Arrested --- Police Work Round the Clock to Arrest Jamaican Suspect.

SUNDAY, 23 SEPTEMBER 2012 07:11   

Philipsburg:--- The Police Force of St. Maarten headed by Chief Commissioner of Police Peter de Witte managed to apprehend a suspect they believe brutally murdered the two Americans in Cupecoy sometime Friday.

According to well placed sources within the police force, the suspect was arrested sometime around 4am Sunday morning in the Cay Hill area. It is not yet clear if the culprit was arrested at his home.

SMN News learnt that the suspect is of Jamaican descent and he is also a security guard that had contact with the victims Michael and Thelma King of Colombia South Carolina. Police also believed that this person was involved in other crimes on St. Maarten.While police are tightlipped on the motives of such a gruesome murder, SMN News learnt that the killing was robbery motivated.

Police Spokesman Ricardo Henson said in a press release that on  September 21st, 2012 two bodies were found on the island of Sint Maarten. The male victim was identified as Michael William KING, age 53. The female victim was identified as his wife, Thelma Strickland KING, age 57. Both were citizens of the United States of America.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #12 on: September 23, 2012, 12:39:41 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10469-suspect-in-double-homicide-arrested-police-work-round-the-clock-to-arrest-jamaican-suspect.html

From the comments:

Security: ...
Some years ago, a security guard from Sheriff Security gruesomely murdered a lady who was later found in the bushes over cole bay hill. He was arrested long after and served time. He is already out of jail and guess where he is working? Yes, same place. Sheriff Security.
September, 23, 2012, 03:35
Votes: +11

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #13 on: September 23, 2012, 12:44:03 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10468-police-investigation-unfolds-in-cupe-coy-case-identity-of-victims-formally-established.html

Police investigation unfolds in Cupe Coy case --- Identity of victims formally established.

SATURDAY, 22 SEPTEMBER 2012 19:20   

Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos. (File Photo)

Philipsburg:--- Yesterday afternoon a second house search was conducted in an adjacent house to that of the two victims at the Ocean Club Resort. There were indications that this house belonged to the victims who were found in their house at the resort. Nothing was seized. In the victim's house several objects were secured and taken for further investigation. Some of these could be relevant for the forensic department.

Police and prosecutors have been busy writing possible scenarios on the violent death of the two victims as no motive has been established yet.

Family members of the deceased arrived in Sint Maarten this afternoon and were escorted to the Police station where they talked to the Police and the prosecutors. Late this afternoon the family of the victims identified both victims in the funeral home.

The male victim has been identified as Michael William KING, age 53. The female victim is his wife, Thelma Strickland KING, age 57.

The autopsies have been arranged for next Monday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #14 on: September 24, 2012, 12:45:57 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=4674788627045&set=p.4674788627045&type=1

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #15 on: September 24, 2012, 01:31:29 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/sxmpaparazzi/posts/499341390077694

The Real Paparazzi shared Gromyko Wilson's photo.
7 hours ago
This is the apt on Aron jacobs drive, Caybay that the Jamaican man know as Peter was arrested together with his girl friend from Dominican Rep. Two person was in police custody since 4am this morning. The woman was release Sunday afternoon.
This Picture can not be use without my premission in any type of news media/ publication. Photo by Gromyko Wilson

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #16 on: September 24, 2012, 01:49:51 AM »

The following includes one of the first articles about the murders, which did say there were signs that Thelma King may have been raped.  I hope that's not true, but knowing how some things are covered up in these investigations I wanted to document it.  I posted the entire link to that story within the post, but the link has been disabled now.  It was also posted and shared many times on Facebook.

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1442236&Main=1442236

Apparent Double Homicide at Ocean Club
      #1442236 - 09/21/12 03:01 PM (98.229.241.121)   

This gives me chills. Gromyko Wilson just posted this a short time ago and I just got off the phone with a neighbor. Skeletal information now... nothing on identity of the victims or motive (under investigation) or whether anyone was seen in the area. Here is what was posted:

Not good news a short time ago from Gromyko Wilson in SXM:

** BREAKING NEWS *** SINT MAARTEN

Two tourists found killed in hotel room

A couple vacationing at Ocean Club was found dead with signs of violence on Friday morning. The man appears to have been beaten to death. The woman was tired up and reportedly showed signs of being raped.

Police and other law enforcement officials are on the scene trying to piece together the details of the crime at the Cupecoy hotel. Whether the killings were a result of a robbery is not yet clear.

The couple was said to be found by a friend, a local restaurateur, who went looking for them.

Investigation is continuing. (courtesy Gromyko Wilson)

--------------------
Jeff Berger
Visiting SXM Since 1978

Post Extras:               
jmbcomms
Traveler

Loc: New England (home), St. Maarte...   
 Re: Apparent Double Homicide at Ocean Club [Re: jmbcomms]
      #1442245 - 09/21/12 03:23 PM (98.229.241.121)   

All, I started life as a reporter a long time ago. Never assume anything. All we know know is two people were found dead and there were apparently signs of trauma. Beyond that we really know nothing...

--------------------
Jeff Berger
Visiting SXM Since 1978

Post Extras:               
islandgem
Traveler

Loc: Ottawa, Ontario, Canada   
      #1442246 - 09/21/12 03:27 PM (99.240.208.253)   

This is extremely sad and very disturbing. Perhaps as time progresses, more details will evolve. Ocean Club is such a nice quiet resort; it is hard to imagine this happening there. Our thoughts are with all concerned at this most difficult time.

--------------------

Post Extras:               
SandyandBill
Traveler

Loc: NH   
      #1442249 - 09/21/12 03:33 PM (71.168.64.158)   

Here's the article in smn-news.com:

http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-ma...hotel-room.html

(This is the full link, it has been disabled now...
http://www.smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10462-breaking-news-st-maarten-police-investigating-double-homicide-of-american-couple-tourists-brutally-murdered-in-ocean-view-hotel-room.html
)

Very sad indeed

Post Extras: 

This is where the post was copied from originally, and then the other poster found the actual news article link.

https://www.facebook.com/The.Real.Paparazzi/posts/10152135161410581

Gromyko Wilson
Friday at 11:52am via mobile ·
‎*** BREAKING NEWS ***

Two tourists found killed in hotel room

A couple vacationing at Ocean Club was found dead with signs of violence on Friday morning. The man appears to have been beaten to death. The woman was tired up and reportedly showed signs of being raped.

Police and other law enforcement officials are on the scene trying to piece together the details of the crime at the Cupecoy hotel. Whether the killings were a result of a robbery is not yet clear.

The couple was said to be found by a friend, a local restaurateur, who when looking for them.

Investigation is continuing. 

Share 13

https://www.facebook.com/permalink.php?story_fbid=10151081092296896&id=162144156895

Donn R Arms Is this the same "sophisticated" Dutch style of investigation that was brought to bear on the Natalee Holloway murder?
Saturday at 5:15pm · Like · 1

Kevin Patches Why was rape of the woman immediately released, and then quickly rescinded?
Saturday at 5:45pm via mobile · Like

Everything St. Maarten / St. Martin It was nothing but a rumor...should not have ever been published.
Saturday at 6:08pm · Like

Leslie Bouchard It's very, very sad. I firm's
Saturday at 6:21pm via mobile · Like

Everything St. Maarten / St. Martin We heard about this from a source close to the police. The data we first published was the first report on this, mostly from the SMN News website. The details we published in SXM Weekly News last night were gathered through the day and had multiple credible sources. Not sure why SMN News put that in; it became obvious hours later that it was speculation, not fact, and as I said they should not have published it. Gromyko softened their report as well...it was sensationalized on their site and that's not the way to report the news.
Saturday at 6:24pm · Like

Leslie Bouchard Ooops. I didn't think of St-Maarten this way. In 2010 I ventured out of the Sonesta great bay resort around midnight and walked alone for about 2 hours and never felt safer! (I come from Montreal!)
Saturday at 6:30pm via mobile · Like · 1

Kevin Patches I have been visiting St. Maarten twice a year for the past 15 years and each time I visit, I feel less safe. The government has a terrible reputation for being able to solve crimes, endangering visitors and citizens alike. I do not trust the government of SXM and would not be the least bit surprised to learn later that the report was initially true, only to be rescinded in order to take that portion of the crime out of the headlines. Robbery as a motive is one thing, but the rape and stabbing of American visitors is another. Outside government interference will most likely be needed to solve the crime, SXM officials have a less than poor record for doing so. Just last year, two Dutch yachtsmen were murdered. The perpetrators were caught and sentenced to life sentences, only to have a judge later reduce the sentences to 30 years. Look at St. Croix and other nearby islands who once boasted heavy tourism, only to have crime keep tousists from coming back. It is a future that will further cripple the economy of SXM , and in turn allow for more rampant crime. Very sad indeed, justice should be swift and harsh. Prayers go to all of those effected, including Topper...he is an amazing individual.
Saturday at 6:39pm · Like · 3

Janet Aube This is a travesty. I would not go to Aruba because of what happened to Natalie Holloway. I love st Martin however if the government and police are corrupt who is safe?
Saturday at 7:51pm via mobile · Like · 1

Kimberly A. Bugeja A friend was leaving the restaurants last week near the Atlantis Casino which is in the same vicinity of these murders. He was stopped by a man wearing a mask wanting his watch and wallet - this man was out celebrating his birthday and managed to get away with cuts to his hand done by a "knife" the man got away in the bushes as security from the casino where there. I also heard from a St Maarten resident that a robbery took place last week and the robbers were armed - when the police showed up they starting shooting at the officers and managed to get away. Crime is increasing everywhere - but not as horrific as this - what makes a man turn too such measures??
Saturday at 8:52pm · Like

Karen Williams Lichtenberg What happen to this couple is VERY sad but crime is ALL OVER THE WORLD! Everyday in America a crime is committed. shooting/robbing/abduction of kids/ it's ALL on CNN EVERY SINGLE DAY! also corruption is everywhere, so no place is safe and no one is perfect!
23 hours ago · Like

Cupecoy Beach Club, St. Maarten There has been talk of putting a Police station in Cupecoy, It's time. There is not enough Police presence in Cupecoy to deter, all the bold robberies taking place right in plane sight. Yes crime is everywhere, but in SXM it's too easy for the criminal to steal and run across the border.
16 hours ago · Like

Debbie Shepherd Krueger We come every year for vacation and have loved this island for a long time. I am very concerned about this!
15 hours ago via mobile · Like

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #17 on: September 24, 2012, 02:05:53 AM »

https://www.facebook.com/The.Real.Paparazzi/posts/10152139009455581

Gromyko Wilson
20 hours ago via mobile ·
‎*** BREAKING NEWS ***

The police Detective and Arresting Team move on a house located in Caybay.

A house search is busy taking place no info if any arrest was made or any things where confiscated.

All roads leading to Caybay and with in caybay are block no access for visitors or residents.

The law enforcement are busy with the investigation. As soon we receive more information we will send out on a later time.

Paparazzi BBM News
The most reliable news on Blackberry!!

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=10151097552613591&set=a.10151097552573591.442303.277140293590&type=1

Momo Violenes R.I.P.DNT WRRY THEY GOT HIS ASS LAST NIGHT.HE WAS PICKED UP AT A HOME IN CAY BAY.SOOO SADDD HE IS 29 YEARS OF AGE . WOULDNT SAY MORE
8 hours ago · Like

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #18 on: September 24, 2012, 02:10:09 AM »

I'm having trouble opening any of the news articles on one of the SMN websites so maybe the site is just down now, and that link wasn't disabled?

I still think from the comments I've read that the article was probably changed if not removed entirely.  jmo

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #19 on: September 24, 2012, 02:19:12 AM »

http://www.traveltalkonline.com/forums/showflat.php?Cat=0&Number=1442236&page=0&fpart=3&vc=1

pault21093
Traveler

Loc: Towson, Maryland   
 Re: Ocean view vs ocean club [Re: Kennys]
      #1442318 - 09/21/12 07:55 PM (96.244.52.245)   

We stayed at the Ocean Club in early July. In the early morning hours of July 3rd someone(s) attempted to enter the room.

Here's a portion of the email that I sent to the unit owner(rented through VRBO) upon our return. She had asked how everything was.

"There was one troubling event during the early morning hours on Tuesday. My wife was awakened by someone that tried to enter the unit. We had our door locked but not the lower door to the building. This also happened to the people staying in building 11. He was awake and getting a drink at the time. This wasn't a quite gentle turn in an effort to be silent either. When informed staff was dismissive that it even happened. The security guy told me we must be mistaken. Anyway, we always locked the lower door from then on. I would suggest that you advise future renters to do the same."

We informed the front desk. A couple of days later, I spoke to one of the security guards about it as well. He claimed that he had not heard about it. Either he was lying or the desk staff did not even bother to inform security that there was a reported break-in attempt.

Post Extras:   

Pages: 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.