April 16, 2024, 11:20:15 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Michael and Thelma King (SC) Murdered in St. Maarten-Bodies Found 9/21/12  (Read 46659 times)
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

ARUBA: It's all about Natalee...we won't give up!

« Reply #60 on: October 04, 2012, 02:57:42 PM »

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-504083_162-57525826-504083/st-maarten-murder-suspect-meyshane-johnson-admits-being-involved-in-s.c-couples-slaying-officials-say/

St. Maarten Murder: Suspect Meyshane Johnson admits being involved in S.C. couple's slaying, officials say

By Crimesider Staff Topics Daily Blotter

(CBS) PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - Meyshane Johnson, a Jamaican security guard, told officers that he was involved in the slaying of a South Carolina couple in St. Maarten, officials in the Dutch Caribbean country said Wednesday.

Johnson, 28, was arrested two days after authorities found the bodies of Michael and Thelma King stabbed to death in their vacation home on Sept. 21.

Public Prosecutor Hans Mos said in a statement that Johnson admitted "being involved in the violent deaths" of the couple as well as the robbery of a restaurant. Mos did not provide additional details of the confession and authorities have not disclosed a possible motive in the couple's slaying.

"We have to work out in detail exactly what happened and who else is involved," said Solictor General Taco Stein. "The first suspect confessed to being involved in the murders, but we will not release any details because we need that information to remain confidential so we can work the case.

::snipping2::

I stand with the girl, Natalee Holloway.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

Beth Holloway, 2015 interview with Greta van Susteren
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #61 on: October 04, 2012, 03:06:32 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10583-meyshane-kemar-johnson-confesses-to-murdering-michael-and-thelma-king.html

Meyshane Kemar Johnson Confesses to Murdering Michael and Thelma King.
WEDNESDAY, 03 OCTOBER 2012 13:47   

Philipsburg:--- Jamaican born 28 year old Meyshane Kemar Johnson who was arrested in the early morning hours of September 23rd, 2012 admitted to police on Tuesday that he was involved in the brutal killings of American tourists Michael and Thelma King. Johnson also confessed to robbing the Happy Star Chinese Restaurant on September 19th, 2012. 

Johnson was led before the judge of instruction for the second time since his arrest on Wednesday. The judge of instruction extended Johnson's detention as police continue their investigation. Johnson clad himself in a white t-shirt and long black pants as he appeared before the judge of instruction. He was brought to court in a regular police vehicle and led to the courtroom calmly. Johnson is represented by Attorney at Law Brenda Brooks who instructed her client not to speak to police prior to him appearing before the judge of instruction last week Wednesday.

Police arrested a second suspect who happens to be Johnson's 17 year old cousin. He has been identified as Jeremiah Chevon Mills, a Dutch national of Jamaican descent. Mills is expected to appear before the judge of instruction on Thursday.

While KPSM has been working tirelessly to solve one of the most gruesome murders to have ever occurred on St. Maarten, Minister of Justice Roland Duncan is yet to congratulate St. Maarten's lawmen who have been working alone to bring the Kings' killers to justice. So far almost every Minister and even some Members of Parliament have embraced the Police for their hard work except the Minister of Justice who according to sources within his Ministry said that the police may have had the wrong men in custody. A source in the justice Ministry said that Minister of Justice Roland Duncan made the statement when Johnson's attorney told a reporter that Johnson claimed he was innocent and accused the police of police brutality.

Below is the press statement that was issued by the Public Prosecutor on Wednesday.

Cupecoy case: suspect M.K.J. admits involvement in the violent deaths of Michael and Thelma King and in the Happy Star robbery. Pre-trial detention ordered by judge.

On Tuesday, 28 year old suspect M.K.J. confessed being involved in the violent deaths of Michael and Thelma King. J. also admitted taking part in the robbery at the Happy Star restaurant on September 26, 2012. On Wednesday morning J. was led before the judge of instruction. The judge granted the prosecution's demand for his pre-trial detention for a first term of eight days.

The second suspect, 17 year old J.C.M., will have his custody prolonged by the prosecutor today. M. will be led before the judge of instruction tomorrow who will evaluate the prolongation of the detention.

In the interest of the investigation no further details will be divulged at this time.

Both suspects are under full restrictions. This means that the suspects and their lawyers only are allowed to have contact with one another about this case.

"I can look back over the past 10 years and there were no steps wasted, and there are no regrets,'' she said. "I did all I knew to do and I think that gives me greater peace now." "I've lived every parent's worst nightmare and I'm the parent that nobody wants to be," she said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #62 on: October 04, 2012, 03:10:42 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10565-17-year-old-arrested-in-cupe-coy-murder-case.html

Cousins in Custody for Cupe Coy Murders --- Second Suspect Was Recently Released from Prison. (UPDATED)

MONDAY, 01 OCTOBER 2012 18:20   

Meyshane Kemar Johnson and Jeremiah Chevon Mills.

Philipsburg:--- The two suspects police now have in custody for the gruesome murders of Michael and Thelma King are cousins. Meyshane Kemar Johnson (28), a Jamaican security guard who was residing on the island illegally was arrested on September 23rd at a friend's house in Cape Bay. On Monday afternoon, police also arrested Jeremiah Chevon Mills born on October 24th, 1994 on the island of St. Maarten.

Mills is the son of Veronica Young, a Jamaican national who naturalized and obtained the Dutch nationality. Her son Jeremiah Chevon Mills is also a Dutch national. The public prosecutor in a press release Monday evening said that police arrested a second murder suspect, J.C.M. in the Cole Bay area on Monday afternoon. However, they did not mention the nationality of the 17 year old they arrested, neither did they mention that a house search was conducted at the home of Veronica Young.

On September 29th, 2012, Veronica Young gave SMN News an exclusive interview where she accused police of holding the wrong person for the murders of the Kings. Young further stated that she was believes that her nephew Meyshane Kemar Johnson committed the robbery at the Happy Star Chinese Restaurant on September 19th, 2012, but she could not understand how police managed to pin two murders on her nephew. She also mentioned that her son (Jeremiah Chevon Mills) was on probation and police had surrounded her house several times in search of her nephew. She said that she informed her son that the police was also looking for him. During the interview, Young also said that she does not harbor criminals yet she indicated that Johnson went to her the evening of the robbery and told her that police had fired shots at the car he was driving. She said he also told her that he paid the owner of the car $300 to repair the vehicle. Young further explained that her nephew is the one who removed the bullet from the vehicle that belonged to one of his friends whose father owns car rental company in Cole Bay.

Information on Jeremiah Chevon Mills.

Jeremiah Chevon Mills (17) was a student of the St. Maarten Academy (Academic) section for about two years. He was later transferred to the PSVE (Vocational Section) when his grades began dropping in the Academic section of the school. In October 2011, the management team of the St. Maarten Academy expelled Mills from the learning institution when he beat another student with a baseball bat. SMN News has been reliably informed that from the time Mills was expelled from school he turned his attention to crime. He was convicted sometime in June 2012 for an armed robbery that he committed at Global Wealth Trade located in the Yogesh Building. Mills was sentenced to 18 months in prison, 15 of which were suspended. Mills spent three months behind bars and he was recently released from prison. At the time of his arrest he was on three-years probation. SMN News also learnt that Veronica Young hired Attorney at Law Shaira Bommel, the same lawyer that represented him in the armed robbery case earlier this year, to represent her son in this murder case.

Killings Seems to be a Hit and not Robbery.

SMN News learnt that the persons or persons that killed Michael and Thelma King were paid to do so since the two business entrepreneurs do not walk with monies and they had just closed a business deal with a local businessman on St. Maarten. Sources close to the investigation say that police did not properly analyze the modus operandi (MO) of the killings and while they may have the right suspects behind bars there are others that may have gotten away with murder. The sources further explained that while police have described the crime scene as brutal, the killers almost cut off the head of Thelma King. "The persons that attacked the Kings did not go there to rob, they went to kill. They tied Thelma King to a chair and slashed her neck from one end to the other. Michael on the other hand received several stab wounds about his belly." Attorney General of St. Maarten Taco Stein told SMN News early last week that the Kings died of severe blood loss. Stein said that he obtained that information from the pathologists that conducted the autopsies on the two victims. The Attorney General and Chief Prosecutor have refused to divulge the time of death of the victims claiming that it will jeopardize their investigation. However, friends of the Kings said they last heard from them the Tuesday before their bodies were found in their Cupe Coy condominium.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #63 on: October 04, 2012, 06:48:25 PM »

http://www.abcnews4.com/story/19728876/mount-pleasant-couple-slain-in-st-maarten-laid-to-rest

Mount Pleasant couple slain in St. Maarten laid to rest

Posted: Oct 03, 2012 4:34 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 03, 2012 5:19 PM CDT

CHAPIN, S.C. (WCIV) -- Friends and family gathered Wednesday to remember a Mount Pleasant couple slain in their home on the Caribbean nation of St. Maarten.

Funeral services for Michael and Thelma King were scheduled for 4 p.m. Wednesday at Chapin United Methodist Church in Chapin.

"From high school all the way up we would go camping together," said Donnie Briggs, a longtime friend of the Kings. "(At the) end of every year all the guys from high school would get together and we had a large time. They're going to be deeply missed."

The Kings had homes in Mount Pleasant and St. Maarten, and friends have said Michael King was planning on starting a rum business on the tiny Dutch territory. Their bodies were found stabbed to death last month inside their beachfront condominium.

"Our heavenly father was there during that time," said Paul Allen, pastor at United Methodist Church. "And what I would say is when something like this happens and family grieves over this that god does, too."

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #64 on: October 04, 2012, 06:52:36 PM »

http://www.thedailyherald.com/islands/1-islands-news/32116-cupecoy-murder-suspect-confesses-involvement-.html

CUPECOY MURDER SUSPECT CONFESSES INVOLVEMENT

THURSDAY, 04 OCTOBER 2012 00:44

~ Also admits involvement in Happy Star robbery ~

PHILIPSBURG--M.K.J., (28) a suspect in the murders of American couple Michael and Thelma King, has admitted his involvement in the murders and in the Happy Star robbery on September 26, a press release from Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos said.

M.K.J. was led before the judge of instruction on Wednesday morning, October 3, and the judge granted the prosecution's demand for his pre-trial detention for eight days.

The second suspect, J.C.M. (17), will be led before the judge of instruction on Thursday, October 4, who will then evaluate the prolongation of his detention. J.C.M. is being represented by attorney Shaira Bommel, who declined comment on her client and the case.

"In the interest of the investigation no further details will be divulged at this time and both suspects are under full restrictions. This means that only the suspect and the lawyer are allowed to have contact with one another about this case," the press release stated.

Funeral services for the late Kings were held in South Carolina on Wednesday, October 3, with about 500 people in attendance.

"They shared with others those things that they have been blessed with. They apparently cared for and loved each other very much," Chapin United Methodist Church (CUMC) Pastor Paul Allen said. Michael King's family attends CUMC. The pastor also said the funeral service was about celebrating the Kings' lives and comforting those who were mourning their deaths.

A good friend of the family gave the eulogy and the pastor said that in all his time serving God he never had seen an outpouring of support quite like this.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #65 on: October 05, 2012, 06:25:19 PM »

http://www.cnn.com/2012/10/05/world/americas/saint-maarten-couple-killed/index.html

Police arrest third suspect in St. Maarten killings
By the CNN Wire Staff
updated 5:46 PM EDT, Fri October 5, 2012

(CNN) -- Police arrested Friday a third suspect in connection with the stabbing deaths of an American couple on the Caribbean island of St. Maarten, authorities said.

The 20-year-old, identified by his initials J.J.W., was arrested on St. Thomas in the U.S. Virgin Islands, where he had allegedly fled. The suspect was then extradited to St. Maarten, where he was arrested again upon his arrival, according to a statement from the St. Maarten Public Prosecutor's office.

He is expected to appear before a judge Monday.

Two other suspects are already in custody in connection with the deaths of Michael and Thelma King. Their bodies were discovered last month at their oceanfront residence in Cupecoy, a beach town on the southwest tip of the Dutch island nation.

The first suspect, a 28-year-old Jamaican-born man identified as M.K.J., has confessed to his involvement in the murders, according to the island's solicitor general, Taco Stein.

Investigators are now working to confirm the details of the suspect's statements and are gathering additional evidence to present in court, said Stein.

A second suspect in custody in the Kings' murders has been identified as a 17-year-old man with the initials of J.C.M.

Investigators believe the murders took place during a robbery of the Kings, he said.

CNN's Gabriel Falcon contributed to this report.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #66 on: October 05, 2012, 06:32:08 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10596-17-year-old-murder-suspect-acted-like-hardcore-criminal-as-he-entered-court-house-to-be-arraigned-known-as-a-bully-and-aggressor.html

17 year old Murder Suspect Acted like Hardcore Criminal as he Entered Court House to be Arraigned --- Known as a Bully and Aggressor.

THURSDAY, 04 OCTOBER 2012 15:41   

Jeremiah Chevon Mills sticking up his middle finger to reporters who were snapping pictures of him as he entered the Court of First Instance on Thursday.

Philipsburg:--- Jeremiah Chevon Mills (17), a former convicted robber, acted more like a hardcore criminal when he entered the Court of First Instance on Thursday to be arraigned as the second suspect in the brutal murder of Michaeal and Thelma King. Mills is also accused of being involved in an armed robbery which took place on the evening of September 19th, 2012 at the Happy Star Chinese Restaurant on Cannegieter Street. The judge of instruction extended the pre-trial detention of Mills, he will return to court next week Wednesday.

Clad in a red t-shirt, black pants, and red and black Nike sneakers with his hair plait in thick singles, Mills managed to stick up his middle finger to reporters as he was entering the court room in handcuffs. The young man who is a Dutch national was recently released from prison for an armed robbery he committed at the Global Wealth Trade Store in the Yogesh Building.

Even though Mills spent only three months behind bars, he showed no fear or remorse for the crimes he is being accused of. Mills is accused of being one of the suspects who brutally murdered Micheal and Thelma King somewhere between September 19th, 2012 and September 21st, 2012 when their bodies were found in their Cupe Coy condominium by their business partner.

Jeremiah Chevon Mills has a reputation of being a school bully. He was a student of the St. Maarten Academy (Academic and PSVE) and was expelled from the learning institution in October 2011 when he beat a student with a baseball bat. According to information provided to SMN News, Mills was a bully and fighter at the St. Maarten Academy (PSVE), he was also pushing drugs inside the school.

When Mills appeared before the judge for his arraignment on Thursday not even his mother who hired Attorney at Law Shaira Bommel showed up to support her son.

Press Release from Public Prosecutor's Office Concerning Second Suspect in Cupecoy Murders.

On Thursday morning, 17 year old J.C. M., was led before the judge of instruction. The judge deemed his arrest and subsequent custody according to the rules of law. M. will stay in custody until October 10th 2012 when the prosecution will ask the judge to order his pre-trial detention.

https://www.facebook.com/photo.php?fbid=409401785780239&set=a.409401665780251.98302.128588073861613&type=1&src=https%3A%2F%2Fsphotos-a.xx.fbcdn.net%2Fhphotos-ash3%2F556341_409401785780239_963893555_n.jpg&size=600%2C399

Second Suspect in Kings' Murder Case Arraigned on Thursday.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #67 on: October 05, 2012, 06:48:48 PM »

http://www.postandcourier.com/article/20121005/PC16/121009516/third-suspect-in-custody-in-slayings-of-michael-and-thelma-king

Third suspect in custody in slayings of Michael and Thelma King
Staff report Posted: Friday, October 5, 2012 6:21 p.m.
UPDATED: Friday, October 5, 2012 6:25 p.m.

A third suspect in the Caribbean killings of Michael and Thelma King of Mount Pleasant was apprehended Thursday after having fled to St. Thomas, U.S. Virgin Islands, according to a news release Friday from the prosecutor’s office in St. Maarten.

The Kings, who were from the Columbia area but also owned a home at Toler’s Cover in Mount Pleasant, were found stabbed to death inside their beachfront condo at Cupecoy in the Dutch territory of St. Maarten on Sept. 21. They had last been seen and heard from on Sept. 19.

Police already had two men in custody and Wednesday, they determined that a third suspect, 20-year-old J.J.W., had left St. Maarten by airplane that afternoon for St. Thomas. Prosecutors asked for his provisional arrest in view of extradition. On Thursday, he was arrested by St. Thomas law enforcement officers.

Authorities think this third suspect was involved in the violent deaths of the Kings and the robbery at the Happy Star restaurant on Sept. 19.

The suspect, who waived his rights under American law, was extradited to St. Maarten today, where he was arrested upon arrival at the airport.

He was remanded into custody for two days, and prosecutors will prolong that over the weekend, according to the release. He will appear before a judge Monday, according to the release. The suspect’s house in the Cay Hill neighborhood was searched this afternoon.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #68 on: October 05, 2012, 07:01:48 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10613-guyanese-national-arrested-as-third-suspect-in-cupe-coy-double-homicide-investigation.html

Guyanese National Arrested as Third Suspect in Cupe Coy Double Homicide Investigation.
FRIDAY, 05 OCTOBER 2012 18:13   

Philipsburg:--- Police on St. Maarten managed to track down a third suspect involved in the murders of American tourists Michael and Thelma King who were slaughtered in their Cupe Coy condominium sometime between September 19th and September 21st, 2012. According to Chief Prosecutor of St. Maarten Hans Mos, the suspect left St. Maarten on Wednesday October 3rd, 2012 to St. Thomas US Virgin Islands.

SMN News was able to identify the suspect as Jamal Jefferson Woolford (20). It should be noted that on Wednesday the first suspect that was arrested in the gruesome murder of the Kings and robbery of the Happy Star Chinese Restaurant confessed to being involved in the murder of the Kings and the robbery of Happy Star Chinese restaurant. It appears as though Woolford was following the news closely and as soon as it was published that the first suspect confessed he purchased a ticket to the St. Thomas US Virgin Islands in an effort to escape the long arms of the law, but police managed to contact their counterparts in the US Virgin Islands who quickly apprehended the suspect. Woolford waived his extradition rights based on US law and he was brought back to St. Maarten on Friday. He was immediately arrested at the Princess Juliana International Airport and will appear before the judge of instruction on Monday.

SMN News also learnt that police found the suspect's car by his girlfriend's house in South Reward. The vehicle had on an old French number plate 761 --- 971. Police also arrested the girlfriend known in the area of South Reward as "Winifred" whom they are currently questioning. According to information provided to SMN News, Jamal Jefferson Woolford lives in Cay Hill and works at Bobby's Marina, while his mother lives in Cape Bay where the other two murder suspects live. Jamal Jefferson Woolford is a close friend of Jeremiah Chevon Mills.

Press Release from Public Prosecutor's Office regarding Third Arrest in Cupecoy Murder Case.

On Wednesday, police found out that a third suspect in the Cupecoy investigation, 20 year old J.J.W., had left Sint Maarten by airplane that afternoon for St. Thomas. Prosecution asked for his provisional arrest in view of extradition. On Thursday, he was arrested by St. Thomas law enforcement officers.

The information police received revealed that this third suspect was involved in both the violent deaths of Michael and Thelma King and the robbery at the Happy Star restaurant in Philipsburg, Sint Maarten on September 19th 2012 (by mistake an earlier press release mentioned the date of September 26; this is: September 19). The suspect, who waived his rights under American law, was extradited to Sint Maarten on Friday, where he was arrested upon arrival at the airport.

W. was subsequently remanded in custody for two days, which term will be prolonged this weekend. He will be led before the judge of instruction on Monday.

A house search was performed at the suspect's residence in Cay Hill this afternoon.

Sint Maarten police and the Prosecutor's office have experienced excellent cooperation with American authorities.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #69 on: October 05, 2012, 11:34:20 PM »

http://www.whitakerfuneralhome.com/UserFiles/Tools/Obituaries/showObit.cfm?obitID=1826&keepThis=true

::justice2NJ::

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #70 on: October 08, 2012, 11:54:16 PM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10630-third-cupe-coy-murder-suspect-arraigned-on-monday-suspect-used-his-right-to-remain-silent.html

Third Cupe Coy Murder Suspect Arraigned on Monday --- Suspect used his Right to Remain Silent.
MONDAY, 08 OCTOBER 2012 13:26   

Jamal Jefferson Woolford leaving the Court of First Instance on Monday where he was arraigned as one of the three suspects in custody for the murder of the Kings.

Philipsburg:--- Guyanese national Jamal Jefferson Woolford (20), appeared before the judge of instruction on Monday clad in a white t-shirt with the number 20 written in front, an off black three quarter jeans pants, and red and black Nike slippers. Woolford is the third suspect police arrested in the brutal murder of American citizens Michael and Thelma King which occurred between September 19th to September 21st, 2012. He is also accused of being involved in the armed robbery of the Happy Star Chinese Restaurant that was robbed on September 19th, 2012 around 8:40pm.

SMN News learnt that Woolford used his right to remain silent when he appeared before the judge of instruction on Monday. Jamal Jefferson Woolford born on December 9th, 1991 in Guyana managed to escape from St. Maarten last week Wednesday when he booked a flight to St. Thomas US Virgin Islands where he was arrested upon arrival by the FBI. It should be noted that on Wednesday October 3rd, 2012 SMN News reported that the first suspect Meyshane Kemar Johnson confessed to police that he was involved in the brutal murders of the Kings. It appears as thought Woolford was monitoring the news and when he saw Johnson confessed he tried to escape from the St. Maarten judicial system. SMN News learnt that when Woolford was arrested in the US Virgin Island he was informed that he could face the death penalty if the case is tried in the US territory. The source said at that point Woolford waived his rights to extradition and he was brought back to St. Maarten on Friday where he was immediately arrested.

Jamal Jefferson Woolford is a former student of the St. Maarten Academy (PSVE) he also received a government scholarship for the SBO marine program which he completed and was working for Eagle Tours located at Bobby's Marina.

Woolford was living with his girlfriend identified as "Winifred" in an apartment in Cay Hill at the time of his arrest. He left St. Maarten on a Guyanese passport since he is the holder of a US 10 year visa.

Press release from the Public Prosecutor's office on the Arraignment of the Third suspect in the Cupe Coy Murder Case.

On Monday, 20 year old J.J.W. was led before the judge of instruction. The judge considered both the arrest and the prolongation of the custody as lawful. Custody will now last until October 15th, 2012, when a new decision on pre-trial detention will have to be taken.

The suspect is cooperating with the police and has made a statement.

The police is still analyzing all the information gathered in the course of investigation so far.

The different statements given by the three suspects in the case are being reviewed and verified.

All three suspects are still under restrictions regarding visiting rights and contacts.

In the interest of the investigation no further details can be released at present.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #71 on: October 09, 2012, 12:20:51 AM »

http://www.sxmislandtime.com/component/k2/item/20355-judge-rules-that-arrest-of-murder-suspect-jjw-was-lawful.html

Judge rules arrest of murder suspect J.J.W. lawful {UpDated}
WRITTEN BY  STAFF REPORTER
08 OCTOBER 2012 PUBLISHED IN TIMES 1

PHILIPSBURG, St. Maarten - The judge in the court of first instance ruled on Monday that the detention of twenty one (21) year old murder suspect J.J.W. was lawful.

J.J.W. is the third suspect in the Cupecoy murder investigation.

According to the office of the Public Prosecutor, J.J.W. is suspected to be involved with the violent deaths of Michael and Thelma King and the robbery at the Happy Star restaurant in Philipsburg on September 19th 2012.

J.J.W. resides in the district of Cayhill and although the prosecutor confirmed that his house was searched, no information on what was found was released.

J.J.W. had left the island for St. Thomas in the United States Virgin Islands where he was detained and sent back to St. Maarten.

The Prosecutors Office confirmed that the suspect was arrested on his return to the island.

Three suspects have now been arrested as suspects in this gruesome murder but up until this point no information on a possible motive has been released.

However Attorney General Taco Stein stated via PodCast that the track of "possible robbery" is still being worked on by the investigators.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #72 on: October 22, 2012, 01:44:23 AM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10742-cupe-coy-murder-case-to-be-tried-in-january-2013-christmas-recess-plays-major-role.html

Cupe Coy Murder Case to be tried in January 2013 --- Christmas Recess plays major role.
SUNDAY, 21 OCTOBER 2012 18:24   

Philipsburg:--- The three suspects currently in custody for the murders of American citizens Michael and Thelma King should appear in court sometime January 2013. Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos told SMN News on Sunday that the suspects are cooperating with police and the police and prosecutor's office are busy analyzing the statements that were made by the suspects. Mos said that while the investigating team is working vigorously to tie up all the loose ends, the case cannot go to trial before the Christmas holidays. The last day of court for the year 2012 will be December 12th, 2012 while the January session should start between January 10th -12th, 2013.

St. Maarten's Chief Prosecutor said the Dutch law allows the police to detain a person for a period of 116 days before they are officially charged and taken before the court for trial. Mos declined to say if the suspects will be charged with premeditated murder or if the prosecution will go for a lesser charge like manslaughter. Mos also did not say if police had to strike a deal with the suspected killers to get their cooperation. When asked by SMN News if the investigators already determined if the motive for the killing was robbery, Mos said that the police are looking at all angles of the case and they have not ruled out any other possible motive.

Police arrested the first suspect Meyshane Kemar Johnson (28) of Jamaica on September 21st, 2012. Johnson already admitted to police that he was directly involved in the brutal murders of the Kings. Johnson was a security guard at the time of the killings and his arrest. He worked at the Soualiga Service Point and the Scotia Bank for a reputable security company on St. Maarten. SMN News has been reliably informed that Johnson is the one who brutally took the lives of the Kings. A source close to the investigation said Johnson was working as security and bouncer for someone that was closely connected to the Kings but police has declined to say whether or not the illegal immigrant admitted to working for anyone that was connected to the Kings prior to his deportation. SMN News learnt that Jonhson's aunt, a naturalized Dutch national, is the one who brought him back to St. Maarten after he was deported from St. Maarten some years ago. The source said when Johnson applied for a job at the security company Veronica Young signed as one of his reference persons giving Johnson a good and clean bill. The other person that signed his application form was Pastor Mielchias Carbon. SMN News learnt that Johnson, a mechanic by trade, used to repair Pastor Carbon's car while he was a member of the church Carbon pastored.

One week after Johnson was captured as a suspect in the brutal murder, police managed to arrest his 17 year old cousin who was also at the scene of the crime. He has been identified as 17 year old Jeremiah Chevon Mills a former student of the St. Maarten Academy PSVE. Information gathered by SMN News shows that Mills was a school bully and one that threatened the lives of several teachers. He was expelled from the school last year October after beating another student with a baseball bat. Mills was also convicted for robbing the Global Wealth Trade store that is located at the Yogesh Building. He was convicted to 18 months for the armed robbery, 15 of which were suspended. At the time of his arrest for the murder of the Kings and robbery of Happy Star Chinese Restaurant he was on three years probation.

The third suspect in the murder of the Kings is 20 year old Guyanese national Jamal Jefferson Woolford. Woolford was also a student of the St. Maarten Academy PSVE and he was an employee of Eagle Tours located at Bobby's Marina. Woolford escaped from St. Maarten the same day the news broke that the first suspect Meyshane Kemar Johnson confessed to being involved in the murders of the Kings. Woolford, the holder of an American visa, left St. Maarten for St. Thomas and he was apprehended when he landed there. He waived his extradition rights and returned to St. Maarten two days later where he was arrested and remains in pre-trial detention.

The three culprits will also be charged with the armed robbery of the Happy Star Chinese Restaurant located on Cannegieter Street, Philipsburg. Happy Star Chinese Restaurant was robbed on the night of September 19th, 2012 while the Kings bodies were found in their Cupe Coy condominium on September 21st, 2012.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #73 on: October 22, 2012, 01:47:50 AM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10736-all-three-suspects-in-cupecoy-case-faced-with-prolongation-of-their-pre-trial-detention.html

All Three Suspects in Cupecoy Case Faced with Prolongation of their Pre-trial Detention.
FRIDAY, 19 OCTOBER 2012 22:23   

Philipsburg:--- On Thursday, the judge remanded the first suspect (28 year old M.K.J.) in the Cupe Coy murder investigation in the next phase of pre-trial detention for a term of 60 days. On Friday, the second term of 8 days of pre-trial detention were ordered on 17 year old J.C.M. Last Monday, 20 year old J.J.W. was led before the judge of instruction and faced his first 8-day term of pre-trial detention.

Although one of the suspects has admitted to being directly involved in the death of Michael and Thelma King and the two other suspects have admitted to their presence at the crime scene, police are still investigating all possible scenarios. Next to that police is focusing on all the details and loose ends that need to be investigated.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #74 on: October 22, 2012, 01:57:06 AM »

http://mountpleasant-sc.patch.com/articles/speculation-looms-in-st-maarten-slaying

Speculation Looms in St. Maarten Slaying
No motive yet in death of Mount Pleasant couple.
October 15, 2012

Speculation swirls on the tiny Dutch Caribbean island of St. Maarten where a Mount Pleasant couple was killed last month.

Authorities have released no official motive for the death, though three individuals have been arrested and charged with the slaying of Michael and Thelma King.

A Caribbean newspaper reported last week that the homicide was part of a murder-for-hire plot, according to Live5News. The claim is disputed by St. Maarten authorities.

The couple was found dead from an apparent stabbing on Sept. 21. The Kings split their time between Mount Pleasant and St. Maarten where they were apparenty building a rum distillery.

A reporter for the St. Martin News Network told WCBD-TV that the deaths have shocked the island, where violent crime is only common between suspected drug dealers and users.

The death of wealthy tourists shocks the community, because so much of St. Maarten's economy relies on visitors.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #75 on: October 22, 2012, 02:01:32 AM »

http://www.live5news.com/story/19800359/newspaper-mt-pleasant-couples-murder-was-murder-for-hire

Report: Mt. Pleasant couple's slaying was murder for hire

Posted: Oct 11, 2012 9:16 PM CDT
Updated: Oct 12, 2012 5:43 AM CDT
By Keke Collins - email

PHILIPSBURG, ST. MAARTEN (WCSC) -
A St. Maarten newspaper is reporting that the brutal murder of a Mount Pleasant couple might be a case of murder for hire.

Last month, Mike and Thelma King were found stabbed to death in their Caribbean vacation home. Since then, officials have said robbery was the motive for the murders.

But according to a local St. Maarten newspaper, SMN News, sources close to the case say the three suspects, who have been arrested in connection with the murders, were paid to kill the couple.

Solicitor General Taco Stein said the theory of the murders being a hit is unfounded.

"Sources close to the case is not police officers," Stein said. "That's people who have been giving information to the police. This is a rumor going around. But as I said before, there is no corroboration at this point and time that that rumor had any value."

According to Stein, nothing of value was taken from the King home during the murders. Stein says the oldest two suspects in the case have no criminal history up until this point.

Prosecutors are standing by their theory that the incident was a robbery.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #76 on: October 22, 2012, 02:15:45 AM »

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/49395171/ns/local_news-charleston_sc/t/investigation-abroad-searches-motive-mount-pleasant-couples-murder/

Investigation abroad searches for motive of Mount Pleasant couple's murder

St Maarten murder update (Added: October 12, 2012)
People on the island speculate about motive for murders (more)

By: HALEY HERNANDEZ | WCBD
Published: October 12, 2012

Some speculate a Mount Pleasant couple is victim to a hired homicide.

There are still many questions unanswered about the Mount Pleasant couple, Michael and Thelma King, murdered in Saint Maarten last month.

Officials said this was a robbery gone wrong, although there's nothing reported of what the killers stole.

"We know robbery was part of the motive, but was it the exact motive? We don't know yet," investigative reporter for the Saint Martin News Network, Bibi Hodge Shaw said.

News 2 spoke with Shaw, the owner of the Saint Martin News Network, on the phone Friday, she said people in the area are speculating that there's more to these deaths.

"We know they have three suspects in custody, they have all confessed to the involvement in the killings, but the details on whether they were paid to do it or not, that has not been released officially," Bibi Hodge Shaw said. "But of course people from the community feel that way."

The island's Solicitor General, Taco Stein, has gone on record saying this continues to shock their small community.

"It's a couple being invaded in their home and killed brutally, people are shocked by this," Stein said.

texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #77 on: November 18, 2012, 01:49:08 AM »

http://smn-news.com/st-maarten-st-martin-news/10551-cupe-coy-murder-suspects-will-not-make-it-to-court-before-january-motive-so-far-indicates-robbery.html

Cupe Coy Murder Suspects will not Make it to Court before January --- Motive so far indicates Robbery.
TUESDAY, 13 NOVEMBER 2012 03:47    SMN NEWS TEAM  User Rating:  / 0

Cupe Coy murder suspects.

Philipsburg:--- The three suspects that were arrested in September 2012 for the brutal murders of Michael and Thelma King will be taken before the court for trial sometime in January 2013 confirmed Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos on Monday.

Mos said court sessions for this year close on December 12th and the file on the investigation is somewhat big, it is quite unlikely that the prosecution will finish the dossier before that date. The island's Chief Prosecutor also indicated that the police investigated all scenarios surrounding the case and they have concluded that the three suspects in custody are the only ones responsible for the murder of the Kings. Mos said so far police believe that the motive for the killing which took place before September 21st (when the bodies were found) was robbery. When asked by SMN News if the Kings were killed the day the bodies were found or if there are indications based on the preliminary autopsy report that the Kings were murdered before, Mos said that the Kings were killed before September 21st. The island's Chief Prosecutor did not give a timeline in which the murders took place but sources close to the investigation say that the Kings were slaughtered on September 19th, 2012, the same night the Happy Star Chinese Restaurant was robbed.

According to Chief Prosecutor Hans Mos, one of the suspects (Meyshane Kemar Johnson) confessed to being involved in the murder of the Kings while the other two suspects admitted to being at the scene of the crime when the brutal murders took place. Mos did not divulge much details on the ongoing investigation as he said he is not the one handling the investigation.

Mos said on Monday that the prosecution already got indication from one of the attorney's representing one of the three suspects that (he/she) would not be on the island when the case is taken to court for the first time. Therefore, the case will be postponed when it is taken to court in January 2013.

LAST UPDATED ( TUESDAY, 13 NOVEMBER 2012 04:25 )

KittyMom
Monkey All Star Jr.

Borgman

« Reply #78 on: November 20, 2012, 12:51:46 PM »

How can be robbery if nothing of value was taken? 

These are my opinions and subject to change.
texasmom
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #79 on: November 23, 2012, 12:19:39 AM »

How can be robbery if nothing of value was taken? 

Good question, I've wondered about that too.

The murders were very brutal, I think probably even more brutal than has been reported.  In their home, which was a condo...seems pretty bold too imo considering the likelihood of witnesses. 

How did they gain access...did they know them?  If not, why were they targeted?

I've read (a close friend said) that although they were wealthy, they didn't keep a lot of cash on hand.

It has been reported that a cellphone  and credit cards that were Michael King's were found in the car connected to the suspects.

As many of the locals are speculating, it just seems like there could be more than a robbery motive here imo.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.