March 29, 2024, 06:49:32 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Karen Anastacio 13 yo, Austin TX Missing 5/6/10-Extreme Danger  (Read 7884 times)
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« on: May 07, 2010, 09:37:11 PM »

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2010/05/07/warrant_issued_for_person_beli.html
Warrant issued for person believed to be with 13-year-old girl
May 7, 2010
As a search continues for a missing 13-year-old Austin girl, an arrest warrant was issued Friday for the 25-year-old man who police believe she is with, according to an arrest affidavit.

Angel Rojas has been charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child, a first-degree felony, the affidavit said.

Rojas now faces a $200,000 bail, the affidavit said.

Police have said they fear Rojas took the 13-year-old girl, Karen Anastacio, to Mexico.

The affidavit does not name Anastacio. However, it says Rojas was “believed to be in an ongoing illegal sexual relationship with the victim, (and) was going to be taking the victim to Cuernavaca, Mexico,” the affidavit said. It identified the victim as a 13-year-old girl who was missing and was seen leaving Bedichek Middle School on Thursday with Rojas, the affidavit said.

Rojas is accused of assaulting the girl in December or January at a home in South Austin, according to a report given by a 9-year old relative to police, the affidavit said.

***edited title to reflect  AMBER ALERT cancellation
« Last Edit: May 17, 2010, 01:18:46 PM by Nut44x4 » Logged

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #1 on: May 07, 2010, 09:40:55 PM »

http://www.examiner.com/x-32312-Amber-Alerts-Examiner~y2010m5d7-Amber-Alerts-and-missing-children-cases-Karen-Anastacio
Amber Alerts and missing children cases: Karen Anastacio
May 7, 2010

Karen Anastacio Endangered Missing
National Center for Missing and Exploited Children

An Amber Alert has been issued for a missing 13-year-old girl, Karen Anastacio. The Amber Alert has been issued from Austin, Texas. Authorities believe that Karen Anastacio is in extreme danger.
Karen Anastacio is believed to have left her school with Angel Rojas, 25-years-old. Her family says that Angel Rojas Ambrocio has previously committed a felony offense against Karen and that the family was preparing to file criminal charges against him.

According to reports, a teacher’s aide at the Bedichek Middle School in Austin, Texas witnessed Karen Anastacio standing outside the school. When she asked Karen what she was doing, Karen told her that she didn’t feel well and would go home. The teacher’s aide then saw Karen enter a brown Ford Explorer or Expedition and leave the school. The time of the incident was approximately 8:00 a.m., on Thursday May 6, 2010.

Angel Rojas Ambrocio is described as standing 5’3” tall and weighs approximately 135 pounds. He has black hair and brown eyes. Angel Rojas is 25-years-old.

Karen Anastacio stands 5’2” and weighs 115 pounds. She is Hispanic and has brown hair and black eyes. She is 13-years-old and was last seen wearing a black shirt, black pants and was carrying a pink backpack.

The suspect is believed to be driving a brown Ford Explorer or Expedition. The license plate reads: 84TFL4.

If you have any information on the whereabouts of Karen Anastacio or her alleged abductor Angel Rojas Ambrocio please contact the Austin Police Department at 1-512-974-5250, or you may call 911.

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #2 on: May 07, 2010, 09:43:04 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/kxan-trend-of-girls-dating-men
New trend of girls dating men
School officials see more improper relationships

May 7, 2010

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Police have filed charges against a 25-year-old suspect as an Amber Alert enters its second day.

Authorities from Austin to Mexico are on the lookout for Angel Rojas, 25, and Karen Anastacio,13.

The girl was taken outside her South Austin Middle school Thursday morning. Rojas now faces charges for an illegal relationship with the girl that may have begun late last year. Local school administrators said they are seeing many cases recently of young girls getting into illegal relationships with older men.

Beryl Rushefsky  is a licensed psychologist in Austin and said the suspects are generally looking for easy targets.

"If they were particularly successful in relating to people at their own level, I guess is they wouldn't be going to middle schools looking for dates,” said Rushefsky.

Two Austin cases were revealed this week alone where police said men in their 20s were having illegal relationships with the 13-year-old victims. Rushefsky said each of the cases he has handled are very different. Even with  the best home lives, some girls are falling prey, she said.

"School officials are observing it to happen more frequently so they need to be a little more careful about knowing what their daughters are doing,” said Rushefsky.

However, the case at the center of this Amber Alert - where a child is abducted - is rare. Police worry Anastacio,13, is in extreme danger.

"I hope they do catch this perpatrator and he gets the whole book thrown at him,” said neighbor Salvador Saucedo. “It's bad, very bad."

Friday police learned Rojas is driving a 1997 Brown GMC Jimmy like this one with Texas license plates 84T-FL4. APD Commander Julie O’Brien said Anastacio was seen getting in the SUV with Rojas near Bedichek Middle School just before school started Thursday morning.

Meanwhile, Rushefsky added adolecent victims like Anastacio are easy targets because of their eagerness to be accepted.

“There’s a lot of sort of ego gratification is being seen as this very mature woman by this older person,” said Rushefesky.

Even if Anastacio is safely returned home she could have a long road to recovery.

“That can be very traumatizing and often can take a very long time,” said Rushefesky.

Police think Rojas and the girl could be in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Normally, KXAN does NOT reveal the names of sexual assault victims but we're making a rare exception in this case, due to the Amber Alert and the urgent need to find this victim.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #3 on: May 07, 2010, 09:45:35 PM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/crime/police-student-abductor-mexico-bound
(Video)
Police: Student abductor Mexico-bound
13-year-old girl disappeared outside school

May 7, 2010

AUSTIN (KXAN) - The search continues for a missing Bedichek Middle School student. Austin police said they fear Karen Anastacio's abductor is “extremely dangerous” and might already be across the border.

Police issued an Amber Alert for the 13-year-old after witnesses saw her get into a brown Ford SUV driven by a man they think is Angel Rojas, 25. It happened across the street from the school minutes before classes began Thursday morning. Rojas was already facing allegations of felony violence against the girl.

Karen Anastacio is 5 feet 2 inches tall and weighs 115 pounds. She has black hair and brown eyes and was wearing a black shirt, black pants and a pink backpack. Angel Rojas is 5 feet 3 inches tall and weighs 135 pounds. He has black hair and black eyes.

"I got scared before I heard her name,” said Theresa Sepeda, as she waited with her husband Pete outside the South Austin school. “You know, things come through your mind that it could be my granddaughter."

The Sepedas often pick their granddaughter up after school and were among the dozens of family members outside waiting to warn their students.

"I'm going to tell her to be careful and stay in the class,” said Pete Sepeda.

Principal Dan Diehl issued an emergency phone message to parents, along with sending a letter home with students that read, "This is not a stranger abduction, and no one else is at risk."

Diehl also urged parents: "Talk to your child about the importance of telling us of any action they may witness that threatens campus security."

"I'll warn him not to talk to strangers,” said Maria Sanchez, parked in front of the school waiting for her son. “If he has friends, not to get in the car, because he's supposed to be in school, not outside."

One Austin Independent School District police cruiser patrolled the campus at the end of the day, and a few other officers roamed the lawn. Former students told us the school needs more security.

"I think they should have people standing at the corners instead of inside the building,” said Kassandra Messenger.

The principal said he and other South Austin school administrators are seeing a startling trend of young female students in relationships with much older men, sometimes leaving school with them. The Sepedas plan to have a long talk with their granddaughter about these dangers, as another family waits for word on their own loved one.

"I wish them luck,” said Pete. “I hope she comes home safe. I hope they find her soon."

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #4 on: May 08, 2010, 08:18:47 PM »

Karen Anastacio is still missing, but the Amber Alert for her case has been cancelled.

http://www.statesman.com/blogs/content/shared-gen/blogs/austin/blotter/entries/2010/05/08/amber_alert_cancelled_for_anas.html?cxntfid=blogs_the_blotter
Amber Alert cancelled for Anastacio, police still pursuing the case
May 8, 2010

Police have canceled an Amber Alert for 13-year-old Karen Anastacio but are still actively pursuing the case, Austin Sgt. Keith Bazzle said.
karen.jpg

Police have been looking for Anastacio (pictured) since Thursday, when she was last seen getting into the vehicle of 25-year-old Angel Rojas, police officials said. On Friday, Rojas was charged with aggravated sexual assault of a child, a first-degree felony, according to an arrest affidavit.

Police canceled the alert after updating a description of the vehicle the two are believed to be in: a brown 1997 GMC Jimmy sport-utility-vehicle with Texas license plates 84TFL4.

“We have reason to believe the victim and suspect are already in Mexico.
We’re working with the Mexican authorities in an effort to locate her and ensure her safe return,” Bazzle said. “We have issued a warrant for the suspect and have been in contact with Mexican authorities to assist with apprehending him.”

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #5 on: May 09, 2010, 09:33:45 AM »

http://www.kxan.com/dpp/news/kxan-trend-of-girls-dating-men

New trend of girls dating men
School officials see more improper relationships

Updated: Friday, 07 May 2010, 8:49 PM CDT
Published : Friday, 07 May 2010, 5:01 PM CDT

* Carla Castaño

AUSTIN (KXAN) - Police have filed charges against a 25-year-old suspect as an Amber Alert enters its second day.

Authorities from Austin to Mexico are on the lookout for Angel Rojas, 25, and Karen Anastacio,13.

The girl was taken outside her South Austin Middle school Thursday morning. Rojas now faces charges for an illegal relationship with the girl that may have begun late last year. Local school administrators said they are seeing many cases recently of young girls getting into illegal relationships with older men.

Beryl Rushefsky  is a licensed psychologist in Austin and said the suspects are generally looking for easy targets.

"If they were particularly successful in relating to people at their own level, I guess is they wouldn't be going to middle schools looking for dates,” said Rushefsky.

Two Austin cases were revealed this week alone where police said men in their 20s were having illegal relationships with the 13-year-old victims. Rushefsky said each of the cases he has handled are very different. Even with  the best home lives, some girls are falling prey, she said.

"School officials are observing it to happen more frequently so they need to be a little more careful about knowing what their daughters are doing,” said Rushefsky.

However, the case at the center of this Amber Alert - where a child is abducted - is rare. Police worry Anastacio,13, is in extreme danger.

"I hope they do catch this perpatrator and he gets the whole book thrown at him,” said neighbor Salvador Saucedo. “It's bad, very bad."

Friday police learned Rojas is driving a 1997 Brown GMC Jimmy like this one with Texas license plates 84T-FL4. APD Commander Julie O’Brien said Anastacio was seen getting in the SUV with Rojas near Bedichek Middle School just before school started Thursday morning.

Meanwhile, Rushefsky added adolecent victims like Anastacio are easy targets because of their eagerness to be accepted.

“There’s a lot of sort of ego gratification is being seen as this very mature woman by this older person,” said Rushefesky.

Even if Anastacio is safely returned home she could have a long road to recovery.

“That can be very traumatizing and often can take a very long time,” said Rushefesky.

Police think Rojas and the girl could be in Cuernavaca, Mexico. Normally, KXAN does NOT reveal the names of sexual assault victims but we're making a rare exception in this case, due to the Amber Alert and the urgent need to find this victim.

Nut44x4
Maine - USA
Global Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

RIP Grumpy Cat :( I will miss you.

« Reply #6 on: May 09, 2010, 02:38:44 PM »

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_US&searchLang=en_US&caseLang=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1146803&seqNum=1

Brothers and Sisters, I bid you beware/Of giving your heart to a dog to tear  -- Rudyard Kipling

One who doesn't trust is never deceived...

'I remained too much inside my head and ended up losing my mind' -Edgar Allen Poe
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #7 on: September 30, 2012, 04:23:55 PM »

http://www.missingkids.com/missingkids/servlet/PubCaseSearchServlet?act=viewChildDetail&LanguageCountry=en_US&searchLang=en_US&caseLang=en_US&orgPrefix=NCMC&caseNum=1146803&seqNum=1

I just checked the link and it has this notation:

Please note the following messages:    

Sorry! The case you requested does not exist or has been removed from the site.

MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #8 on: September 30, 2012, 04:31:49 PM »

I don't find Karen Anastacio listed in the Texas Department of Public Safety Missing Persons

http://www.txdps.state.tx.us/mpch/mpch.htm

klaasend
Administrator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #9 on: September 30, 2012, 05:32:45 PM »

According to Websleuths and a few other sites, she has been found.  I'll go ahead and mark her as such and move.  Thanks for bringing these old cases forward Muffy  :

http://www.websleuths.com/forums/showthread.php?t=104091
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.