April 24, 2024, 05:36:46 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: 1   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: America's Oil Fields  (Read 1385 times)
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« on: September 26, 2012, 12:32:05 PM »

I recall Obama boasting about oil production increased in the US.  Where exactly is the oil going?

I recall that some suggest it's not from public lands, but private land.  Where exactly is the oil going?

Why is it that American's can't drill offshore but Obama's government gives away money to foreign oil companies to drill in the same places that are forbidden to America?

If wind and sun are the future, why is China buying up energy reserves all over the globe?

A few articles to note -

So is it really a good idea to be allowing the Chinese to buy up our precious energy resources?

The answer to that question is obvious.

Sadly, the examples noted above are not isolated incidents.  The truth is that the Chinese have been snapping up real estate and business assets all over America as a recent Forbes article explained….

According to a recent report in the New York Times, investors from China are “snapping up luxury apartments” and are planning to spend hundreds of millions of dollars on commercial and residential projects like Atlantic Yards in Brooklyn. Chinese companies also have signed major leases at the Empire State Building and at 1 World Trade Center, the report said.
So get ready – the Chinese are buying up U.S. land and they are moving in whether you like it or not.

So what will the long-term consequences be of allowing a communist superpower to buy up large sections of America?

read more here - http://www.infowars.com/a-chinese-group-plans-to-construct-a-200-acre-china-city-in-michigan/

Building cities...I wonder how much a visa cost all those Chinese millionaires?  Maybe this was part of Obama's millionaire visa program? 

And if Red China needs oil, it doesn't send Chairman Mao's army (Proud motto: Every man a private), it sends a state-owned company.

That company is CNOOC (NYSE: CEO). And it is on the march.

Recently, CNOOC -- China National Offshore Oil Company -- sealed a ten-figure deal to acquire a third of the massive Tullow find in Uganda, a region thought to contain several billion barrels of oil. CNOOC is also developing a 2.5 billion-barrel field in Iraq. And late last year CNOOC inked a deal with Venezuela to gear up production in a field in the eastern part of that country.

Why not let China worry about the Arab spring?  Protect their own interests in Iraq?

That means great wealth for a few (Forbes says China has 89 billionaires) and it means modest affluence for scores of millions. Result: Cars. Over the next 40 years, the world's automotive fleet will quadruple. In 2050, China will have more vehicles on its roads than there are cars on the planet today.

Will it matter how many cars America takes off the road with that kind of gas guzzling growth in China?  I don't think so!!!

While the era of colonization is over, the age of the corporation is here and here to stay. CNOOC, which is partially public-owned and whose ADRs are traded on the NYSE under the ticker CEO, is setting up corporate colonies all over the world with three facts in mind: There's only so much oil left. The Chinese government wants it. The Chinese government will pay for it.

Why does Obama keep bailing out big corporations? 

Why isn't Obama proposing raw materials export taxes?  Taxes on energy EXPORTS?

Why shouldn't these others help pay for the welfare state?  Why keep picking on what's left of the working class in America?

read more here - http://seekingalpha.com/article/195245-cnooc-not-so-secretly-buying-up-world-s-oil-reserves

just my humble opinions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
WhiskeyGirl
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #1 on: September 26, 2012, 12:37:51 PM »

ONG KONG--Chinese state-controlled oil company Cnooc Ltd. , which in July proposed to buy Canada's Nexen Inc. NXY -0.38%  for US$15.1 billion, is seeking to raise US$6 billion from a one-year loan to help fund the purchase, people with direct knowledge of the matter said Wednesday.

Cnooc, China's largest offshore oil company by production, is inviting around 15 banks to participate in the loan, which would offer a yield of less than 1.5%, one of the people said.

Acquiring Nexen would allow Cnooc to secure oil and gas reserves in western Canada, the North Sea, the Gulf of Mexico and offshore Nigeria. Cnooc said earlier the deal would boost its oil and gas output by about 20% and enlarge its oil and gas reserves by nearly a third.

read more here - http://www.marketwatch.com/story/cnooc-seeks-6-billion-loan-to-back-nexen-buy-2012-09-26-11485949

Why does Barack seem to think there aren't enough reserves in America to keep our cars going for hundreds of years? 

What do the Chinese know that makes them think otherwise?  Makes them want to buy up all the reserves? 

Starving America families of cheap and reliable energy?  Opps!!!  Maybe Obama is starving American families of cheap and reliable energy?

Why do the Chinese need a loan?  Will that loan go bad?  Backed up by US taxpayers via 'to big to fail' banks? 

just my humble opinions and questions

All my posts are just my humble opinions.  Please take with a grain of salt.  Smile

It doesn't do any good to hate anyone,
they'll end up in your family anyway...
Pages: 1   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.