March 29, 2024, 05:38:01 AM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: 'Moon River' crooner Andy Williams dies at age 84  (Read 13798 times)
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #20 on: October 01, 2012, 04:23:17 PM »

Hello Monkey's!

Flutter,

May I ask you what you opinion, what set her off?

I am going by your experience from reading crime novels.  The only crime book I read was “The only living witness”! 

Do you think she divorced AW, for the Hunk?

Do you think it was "coco...." in her system? 

S, was  two years younger, than her, a contrast from AW.

S. was so fine, but, perhaps, not cultured.

What a Hunk...my goodness! 

Wynton Marsalis~
"Let us Give, Forgive, and Be Thankful"

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #21 on: October 01, 2012, 07:29:39 PM »

Hello Monkey's!

Flutter,

I am going by your experience from reading crime novels.  The only crime book I read was “The only living witness”! 

I haven't thought too much about that angle, but if I were to guess I would saw all of the above.  From being so young and marrying to such an older man and had three children, she must have felt like she lost out on her "youth."  I am sure that being AW's wife kept her on a short leash as to what she could and could not do without bringing bad publicity down on him.  The coco definitely brings down the inhibitions and I am sure that SS was everything and MORE that AW wasn't.  SS and AW are opposite ends of the spectrum and sometimes after being suppressed, the soul must try to reach heights and the more dangerous, the better.  JMHO, 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #22 on: October 01, 2012, 07:33:10 PM »

Hello Monkey's!

Flutter,

I haven't thought too much about that angle, but if I were to guess I would saw all of the above.  From being so young and marrying to such an older man and had three children, she must have felt like she lost out on her "youth."  I am sure that being AW's wife kept her on a short leash as to what she could and could not do without bringing bad publicity down on him.  The coco definitely brings down the inhibitions and I am sure that SS was everything and MORE that AW wasn't.  SS and AW are opposite ends of the spectrum and sometimes after being suppressed, the soul must try to reach heights and the more dangerous, the better.  JMHO, 

Okay, just read what you really asked instead of what I thought you asked.  I think the drug use is what caused her to kill him, but I tend to believe the drugs cause many moral people to do immoral things. 

A joyful heart is the health of the body, but a depressed spirit dries up the bones. Proverbs 17:22 NAB

We don`t know who the monsters are.  And as a parent, our job is to take care of our children. Ken Fries, Sheriff Allen County commenting on the death of Aliah
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #23 on: October 01, 2012, 08:19:43 PM »

Hello Monkey's!

Flutter,

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/dominick-dunne-power-privilege-and-justice/1868537Do you think she divorced AW, for the Hunk?

Okay, just read what you really asked instead of what I thought you asked.  I think the drug use is what caused her to kill him, but I tend to believe the drugs cause many moral people to do immoral things. 

I agree with you, drgs.  Thank-you, Flutter, for your view. I did not know at the time about the drugs, because of the blood tests were not allowed in court.

CL had a neat life working a showgirl in Las Vegas.

Who would not want to be one, for at a day?

I would love to know how did she become a showgirl, at 18 years-old?

She was not very meaty looking...I thought you needed a little more of something Smile

She was free and I understand her wanting her wings, and fly away. I do not understand how she could put the little kids, in such an insecure, living situation.

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/dominick-dunne-power-privilege-and-justice/1868537

Sunday, October 7 2012

Time
Episode
Channel

3:00 pm

Dominick Dunne: Power, Privilege & Justice

14 chances to watch this tv show

A look-up bar for location settings, if you are interested, I do not know what is scheculed on October 7, Sun. 3:00 Est. DD is televised from NY, like NG, and JVM, I believe!

DD was the most relaxed story teller, that I can remember in my lifetime, other than
Rod Sterling 

http://www.locatetv.com/tv/dominick-dunne-power-privilege-and-justice/1868537

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #24 on: October 02, 2012, 09:59:38 AM »

I thought showgirls had to be tall, statuesque, and buxom.  Claudine is described as petite and if you look at pictures of her and AW, who was only 5' 6 1/2", she appears to be a slight woman in all ways.  Maybe this was before the breast augmentation days, so maybe she didn't have to be as "chesty" as what show girls are now, but I don't see her making it in Las Vegas today. 

I also saw that after the SS shooting, The Rolling Stones did a song about her called, of course, "Claudine," but it wasn't released until years after the trial. 

I think I have seen all of the DD "Power, Privilege, and Justice" episodes, but when I see one on, I always watch the first few minutes to make sure.  Yes, he was a marvelous story teller and evidently lived in the level of society where he knew many of the people he told about.

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #25 on: October 02, 2012, 10:13:03 AM »

Meyer: Spider Sabich should be remembered as a great racer, charismatic personality
Posted:   10/27/2009 By John Meyer
The Denver Post

Meyer:
Spider Sabich should be remembered as a great racer, charismatic personality -
The Denver Post

(Denver Post and Associated Press file photos)

Barrows can still remember the day at Bear Valley, Calif., in 1972, when the racers walked into a restaurant to see Longet — a singer and actress — sitting in a corner with Liza Minelli, Clint Eastwood and Robert Conrad. Sabich introduced himself, and the fatal romance began.

On March 21, 1976, Sabich stopped by Beattie's house after a training session at Aspen Highlands, then went home to change clothes with plans to meet Beattie later for dinner. But Longet shot him, and he died on the way to the hospital. He was 31.

::snipping2::
http://**/skiing/ci_13647777

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #26 on: October 02, 2012, 12:04:57 PM »

Andy Williams performs during the 40th Annual Songwriters Hall of Fame Ceremony in New York. Williams died yesterday. He was 84.

Photographer: Larry Busacca/Getty Images for Songwriters Hall of Fame

http://www.businessweek.com/news/2012-09-26/andy-williams-who-turned-christmas-music-into-gold-dies-at-84

an angelic monkey

ME

January 24, 1977
Vol. 7No. 3
The Accused
By Frank W. Martin

Claudine Longet Speaks About the Love and Death of Vladimir 'Spider' Sabich

http://www.people.com/people/archive/article/0,,20067343,00.html

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: October 02, 2012, 01:24:53 PM »

How wonderful would it be to have what Claudine, Andy, and even Spider threw away.  I think of the Andy Williams Christmas Specials and how even after their split, Claudine and the children were there representing the "perfect" family.  They made life look so blissful, even though it was not even close.  Such a hollow, shallow, self-absorbed and narcissistic life it must have been.   

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #28 on: October 02, 2012, 03:14:45 PM »

I agree, Flutter! 

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #29 on: October 02, 2012, 03:28:33 PM »

Friday August 27,1976.

The photo is by Anonymous. Andy Williams | 1927-2012 20 of 57   Slideshow

(Pharaphasing) Lauran Bacall Chats with Andy Williams and Daughter at a Manhattan Cocktail party.

http://www.kansascity.com/2012/09/26/3834656/andy-williams-singer-dies-at-84.html#slide-20

Vladimir Peter Sabich, Jr. (January 10, 1945 - March 21, 1976)
Howard Andrew "Andy" Williams (December 3, 1927 – September 25, 2012)

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #30 on: October 02, 2012, 03:36:51 PM »

http://www.pitkinclerk.org/oncoreweb/Search.aspx

A few dockets by the parents of SS, mostly, I believe on the house. I found one CLW.

SS and CL both lived live on the edge, IMO. Life was a bunch of manure.

She lived a double-life. IMO.
The children never looked happy on the TV specials.

zoom...zoom...I will race you around the computer in your little Caddy, Smile

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
flutter1
Monkey Junky

« Reply #31 on: October 02, 2012, 04:10:02 PM »

http://www.pitkinclerk.org/oncoreweb/Search.aspx

A few dockets by the parents of SS, mostly, I believe on the house. I found one CLW.

SS and CL both lived live on the edge, IMO. Life was a bunch of manure.

She lived a double-life. IMO.
The children never looked happy on the TV specials.

zoom...zoom...I will race you around the computer in your little Caddy, Smile

LOL, you would win by a mile!  Yes, she probably did live a double life.  I can't imagine being a bird in a gilded cage, as she was with AW, but like what happens with those birds, once they are free they fly so high (pun intended), that they crash and burn like Icarus and his wings of wax.  I don't have too much sympathy for any of them, for they were all adults when they made their respective beds.  CL was barely an adult, but for some reason I believe she had lived a long life before she reached 18 and knew (or thought she knew) what she wanted.  Their children, on the other hand, are the ones caught up in the unhappiness that adults bring upon themselves and each other.   

seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #32 on: October 02, 2012, 08:08:29 PM »

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QBu7JBlI808

Andy Williams amp; Claudine Longet Let It Be Me 1969

AW and CL shared magic at once upon a time.

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
seahorse
Monkey All Star

Brandi's Avatars

« Reply #33 on: October 06, 2012, 12:46:07 PM »

CBS/AP/ September 27, 2012, 10:33 AM
Andy Williams mourned by colleagues and fans

"Andy was a dear friend of mine," said  actress and singer Doris Day, "and we've known each other since we were kids in Cincinnati. He and his brothers sang and of course, so did I, and often I would go over to their house and we would sing together. They asked me to join their group, but my vocal coach thought I should be out on my own and so that's what I did. Andy and I kept in touch over the years and just recently, even when he was so sick, he wrote to congratulate me on my new CD. He was such a sweet, thoughtful man, and I will miss him dearly."

http://www.cbsnews.com/8301-31749_162-57521267-10391698/andy-williams-mourned-by-colleagues-and-fans/

Wynton Marsalis~

Zayra is remembered
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: October 21, 2012, 08:21:13 PM »

http://www.kvue.com/entertainment/more/175154861.html
Singer Andy Williams remembered at Mo. tribute
October 21, 2012

BRANSON, Mo. (AP) — Entertainer Andy Williams is being remembered for his smooth voice, gleaming smile and warm heart during a memorial tribute at his Moon River Theatre in the southwest Missouri town of Branson.
More than a thousand people attended the memorial tribute Sunday for Williams, who died last month at age 84 after a battle with bladder cancer.
The crowd included celebrity entertainers such as Bob Newhart and the Lennon Sisters, who performed with Williams for years. Others, such as Bill Cosby, were to share their remembrances by video.
 ::snipping2::

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Pages: « 1 2   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.