March 28, 2024, 05:36:05 PM *
Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length
News: NEW CHILD BOARD CREATED IN THE POLITICAL SECTION FOR THE 2016 ELECTION

Home   Help Login Register  
Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Down
  Print  
Author Topic: Caylee Marie Anthony-Justice Denied/Casey Free #17 1/15/14 -  (Read 236928 times)
cookie
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #20 on: February 17, 2014, 10:21:13 AM »

I thought that she had to answer the questions?
Slippery slime...her and Chaney..

grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #21 on: February 17, 2014, 06:09:33 PM »

I was hoping that she would answer the questions, too, cookie.  Maybe she will be required to do so at the next court hearing.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #22 on: February 17, 2014, 06:13:07 PM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-hearing-set-20140217,0,6352361.story

Hearing next month on Casey Anthony deposition questions
2:49 p.m. EST, February 17, 2014

A bankruptcy judge will hear arguments next month on whether Casey Anthony should be compelled to answer the questions of attorneys for a woman suing her for defamation.

The hearing, set for March 4, follows a stalled Jan. 23 attempt by attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez to depose Anthony at the office of Cheney Mason, one of her criminal defense attorneys.

In a recent motion, Gonzalez's lawyers said Anthony refused to answer "numerous" questions during the deposition, with Mason repeatedly asserting her Fifth Amendment rights.

Gonzalez's lawyers argue that's not appropriate, because Anthony's prosecution in the death of her daughter is over.

Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #23 on: February 17, 2014, 06:58:28 PM »

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Sister
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #24 on: February 18, 2014, 08:46:36 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-hearing-set-20140217,0,6352361.story

Hearing next month on Casey Anthony deposition questions
2:49 p.m. EST, February 17, 2014

A bankruptcy judge will hear arguments next month on whether Casey Anthony should be compelled to answer the questions of attorneys for a woman suing her for defamation.

The hearing, set for March 4, follows a stalled Jan. 23 attempt by attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez to depose Anthony at the office of Cheney Mason, one of her criminal defense attorneys.

In a recent motion, Gonzalez's lawyers said Anthony refused to answer "numerous" questions during the deposition, with Mason repeatedly asserting her Fifth Amendment rights.

Gonzalez's lawyers argue that's not appropriate, because Anthony's prosecution in the death of her daughter is over.

she doesn't want to answer the question because she will have to admit she killed Caylee.
How's it feeling now jurors?

flamom
Monkey All Star Jr.

« Reply #25 on: February 18, 2014, 10:12:15 AM »

ITA sister......  skanky does not want to admit murdering caylee

If you can read this thank a teacher. If you're reading this in English thank a soldier..
alagary
Monkey Junky

« Reply #26 on: February 20, 2014, 12:24:33 PM »

I know we want her to have to admit murder but taking the 5th might hurt her civil cases anyway. From Wiki:

"While defendants are entitled to assert the privilege against compelled self-incrimination in a civil court case, there are consequences to the assertion of the privilege in such an action.

The Supreme Court has held that "the Fifth Amendment does not forbid adverse inferences against parties to civil actions when they refuse to testify in response to probative evidence offered against them
"
"'Silence is often evidence of the most persuasive character.'"[50] "'Failure to contest an assertion ... is considered evidence of acquiescence ... if it would have been natural under the circumstances to object to the assertion in question.'"[51]

"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution
Western Observr
Monkey Junky

« Reply #27 on: February 22, 2014, 10:57:30 PM »

I know we want her to have to admit murder but taking the 5th might hurt her civil cases anyway. From Wiki:

"While defendants are entitled to assert the privilege against compelled self-incrimination in a civil court case, there are consequences to the assertion of the privilege in such an action.

The Supreme Court has held that "the Fifth Amendment does not forbid adverse inferences against parties to civil actions when they refuse to testify in response to probative evidence offered against them
"
"'Silence is often evidence of the most persuasive character.'"[50] "'Failure to contest an assertion ... is considered evidence of acquiescence ... if it would have been natural under the circumstances to object to the assertion in question.'"[51]

"
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Fifth_Amendment_to_the_United_States_Constitution

I wish the same rule applied to criminal cases- seems to me it's common sense that if a defendant is not willing to talk about the case it is because he is hiding guilt!
If Casey talks she is screwed -  if she refuses, the Jury can assume guilt. Either way she's gonna be working for Zenaida for a few years- if there is ANY justice in Florida...
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #28 on: February 26, 2014, 12:14:48 PM »

http://articles.orlandosentinel.com/2014-02-25/news/os-casey-anthony-deposition-transcript-20140225_1_cheney-mason-zenaida-fernandez-gonzalez-casey-anthony

Casey Anthony quizzed on Caylee, 'Zanny the nanny' in deposition
February 25, 2014

A transcript of the Jan. 23 deposition was filed in federal court Tuesday. It revealed often-combative exchanges between Anthony and attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez, the woman suing her for defamation.

Anthony refused to answer many questions, prompting Gonzalez's lawyers to ask a judge to compel her replies. A hearing on that motion is set for next week.

In the deposition, Anthony claimed that Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez, the nanny she claimed had kidnapped her daughter, was a real person — someone she'd last seen in 2007 and who had baby-sat Caylee just once.

"I met her at Universal Studios in 2006 … through a mutual friend," Anthony says, adding: "We were friends a little over a year."

That woman didn't actually kidnap Caylee, she said. Neither did the woman suing her for defamation: "I completely agree," she said.

Keith Mitnik, an attorney for Zenaida Gonzalez, expressed skepticism of Anthony's claim that the nanny, who Anthony's defense attorney Jose Baez acknowledged was fictional at trial, was a real person.

"Now, is there any way in the world that you could suggest to me that I might find this person to see if she ever existed?" Mitnik asked Anthony.

Anthony replied: "I don't know if you could or not, sir."

Mitnik reminded Anthony that Baez said at trial that she had difficulty telling the truth: "Do you have a significant problem with not telling the truth?"

"No, sir, I do not," Anthony replied. She rejected the theory that "Zanny" was a code word for the prescription drug Xanax.

"I have never taken Xanax, I have never seen Xanax and I did not give Xanax or anything else to my child," Anthony said.

Anthony said it was an "interesting coincidence" that the Gonzalez currently suing her had filled out paperwork at the same apartment complex where Anthony told law enforcement she dropped Caylee off with the nanny.

"It's a place that I was familiar with because I had friends that used to live there," she said.

Some of Mitnik's questioning drew emphatic objections from Anthony defense lawyer Cheney Mason, who at times invoked Anthony's rights against self-incrimination.

"So at the time you were making up the entire story [about] Zenaida having Caylee, where was Caylee?" Mitnik asked.

"At the advice of counsel, I decline to answer any questions about my daughter," Anthony replied. "If you ask me again I will walk out of this room."

Several other lingering questions about Caylee's death also went unanswered or drew objections: When did Anthony know her daughter was dead? Did she invent the nanny to protect herself? Someone else?

Why, Anthony was asked, did she make up a story rather than tell detectives the truth about Caylee's whereabouts?

"That was my personal choice," Anthony said. But why? "I'm not going to answer that question."

The deposition was part of ongoing legal wrangling surrounding Anthony's Chapter 7 bankruptcy. Gonzalez argues her lawsuit should survive the bankruptcy because Anthony was "willful and malicious" in damaging her reputation.

At the crux of the suit are comments Anthony made to her mother, Cindy, during a jailhouse visit. Anthony allegedly said she hadn't ruled out Gonzalez as a suspect, information her mother relayed to reporters.

"I could very easily have been confused at the time, not having a picture of this person in front of me, not knowing who they were even speaking about," Anthony said.

Anthony said she didn't authorize her parents to represent her in the media: "I had zero control over that. I was in jail, Mr. Mitnik. I had no control over anything."

As the deposition neared its end, Anthony emphatically said she never blamed the woman suing her for Caylee's disappearance.

"That's never been the case and that will never be the truth. So let's get that straight right here and now. You can ask a hundred more ridiculous questions. I'm not going to answer them," she said. "I'm done here."
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #29 on: February 26, 2014, 02:57:32 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/casey-anthony-babsitter-real-person-article-1.1702240
Casey Anthony: the baby sitter was a real person
At bankruptcy deposition, accused killer of little Caylee says there really was baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez. At her murder trial, attorney Jose Baez told jurors Casey made up the story

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/casey-anthony-babsitter-real-person-article-1.1702240#ixzz2uSccEO5S
Video at link.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #30 on: February 26, 2014, 03:01:22 PM »

http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/casey-anthony-babsitter-real-person-article-1.1702240
Casey Anthony: the baby sitter was a real person
At bankruptcy deposition, accused killer of little Caylee says there really was baby sitter named Zenaida Gonzalez. At her murder trial, attorney Jose Baez told jurors Casey made up the story

Read more: http://www.nydailynews.com/news/national/casey-anthony-babsitter-real-person-article-1.1702240#ixzz2uSccEO5S
Video at link.

GOD BLESS AMERICA
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #31 on: March 04, 2014, 05:54:44 PM »

http://radaronline.com/exclusives/2014/03/casey-anthony-deposition-wont-answer-questions-caylee-whereabouts-defamation-lawsuit/

Outrage! Judge Rules Casey Anthony WILL NOT Have To Answer Questions About Her Dead Daughter Caylee’s Whereabouts In Defamation Deposition
Posted on Mar 4, 2014 @ 12:31PM

After refusing to answer any questions about her daughter Caylee‘s disappearance during her deposition last month, Casey Anthony caught a break from the judge on Tuesday who ruled in the Florida courtroom that the ‘Tot Mom’ would NOT have to answer any questions about Caylee’s whereabouts, RadarOnline.com is reporting.

However, the judge made it clear that Anthony, 27, will not get to pick and choose which questions she will or won’t answer.

It’s a shocking ruling from the judge, after many were hoping Gonzalez’s case against Anthony and her subsequent deposition would force her to answer many unanswered questions about Caylee and her death.

It was requested in a motion that attorneys be allowed to ask Anthony specific questions about why she told police Gonzalez (the nanny) had her daughter when she knew that wasn’t true — but the judge denied the motion on Tuesday because there was a possibility her answer would incriminate herself on criminal matters, which she’s already been acquitted for.

Attorneys for Gonzalez will be allowed to question Anthony during the deposition as long as it relates directly the the defamation lawsuit.
grace-land
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #32 on: March 04, 2014, 05:59:17 PM »

http://www.wftv.com/news/news/local/casey-anthony-may-be-forced-answer-questions-depos/nd5RS/

Posted: 5:44 p.m. Tuesday, March 4, 2014
Judge orders Casey Anthony to answer some questions in deposition

TAMPA, Fla. —
Casey Anthony's lawyers told a Tampa bankruptcy judge Tuesday that they're worried Anthony will face new charges if she's forced to answer every question under oath in her defamation lawsuit.

Anthony's lawyers said they are worried their client could be at risk for federal perjury charges if she answers all of the questions in the defamation lawsuit.

Anthony was acquitted of first-degree murder charges following a high-profile 2011 trial. She was charged in the death of her 2-year-old daughter Caylee.

Anthony wouldn't answer questions about her daughter when Zenaida Gonzalez's lawyers questioned her under oath during a January deposition as part of a civil suit.

Following her daughter's disappearance, Anthony initially said a woman named Zenaida Gonzalez took her.

Gonzalez's attorneys said Anthony was cold and angry when asked about Caylee during the deposition.

On Tuesday, the bankruptcy judge ruled that for now she does not have to answer those questions, but must answer questions about why she appeared to change her story and later deny she ever cleared Gonzalez in Caylee's disappearance.

Gonzalez's lawyers said they are disappointed.

"I think he's trying to be protective of this ultimate trial," said Gonzalez attorney Scott Shuker.

Anthony's lawyers believe Gonzalez is trying to set her up for federal perjury charges.

Sheaffer said if Anthony's answers in the case contradict what she told federal investigators in 2008 she could face a federal perjury charge.

The federal judge told Gonzalez's lawyers on Tuesday to call him immediately if Anthony keeps refusing to answer questions concerning what she said about Gonzalez. He said he would make sure she answers them.
Wyks
Monkey All Star

« Reply #33 on: March 04, 2014, 11:16:10 PM »

So disgusted that once again Casey is allowed to slide right thru the cracks. 

We need Justice for Caylee, in some way, some measure, someday.   

~ 'Things are not always what they seem' ~
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #34 on: March 05, 2014, 05:16:26 AM »

http://www.orlandosentinel.com/news/local/caylee-anthony/os-casey-anthony-bankruptcy-ruling-20140304,0,4603433.story
Casey Anthony won't have to talk about Caylee, judge rules

By Susan Jacobson, Orlando Sentinel

9:24 p.m. EST, March 4, 2014

Casey Anthony will not be forced to answer questions in a deposition about what happened to her 2-year-old daughter Caylee, who was found dead about six months after she disappeared in 2008, a federal judge in Tampa ruled Tuesday.

Although attorneys for Zenaida Gonzalez, who is suing Anthony for defamation, cannot ask where Caylee was, they can question Anthony as to why she made up a story in which she accused a nanny named Zenaida Fernandez-Gonzalez of kidnapping her daughter, U.S. Bankruptcy Judge K. Rodney May ruled.

"We're not thrilled with the ruling," said Gonzalez's attorney, R. Scott Shuker of Orlando.

~241~ "The Longer You Love,The Longer You Live,The Stronger You Feel,The More You Can Give."
~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #35 on: March 05, 2014, 05:20:40 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572946/As-Casey-Anthonys-legal-woes-continue-memorial-site-daughter-Caylee-sits-abandoned-overgrown.html
A sad tribute for a murdered child: Memorial site for Casey Anthony's daughter Caylee lies abandoned and overgrown
y Mark Shapland
PUBLISHED: 08:35 EST, 4 March 2014 | UPDATED: 12:51 EST, 4 March 2014

Distressing pictures have been released showing Caylee Anthony's neglected memorial site that was meant to commemorate the little girl's life.

Caylee's body was found in 2008 and there is still no explanation for her mysterious death. Her mother Casey Anthony was cleared of her murder in 2011 but remains in court fighting defamation and bankruptcy charges. Zenaida Gonzalez - one of the witnesses in the original trial - is suing Anthony for defamation after Anthony told investigators a woman with that same name kidnapped Caylee in 2008.

And while Casey Anthony's legal and financial worries mount, the memorial site for her daughter sits abandoned and overgrown, with a fallen tree nearly destroying a cross erected to mark site where body was found.

Read more: http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2572946/As-Casey-Anthonys-legal-woes-continue-memorial-site-daughter-Caylee-sits-abandoned-overgrown.html#ixzz2v5CyUH7t
Follow us: @MailOnline on Twitter | DailyMail on Facebook

~ Peter Frampton
trimmonthelake
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #36 on: March 05, 2014, 05:35:39 AM »

Full Deposition 2/25/14  http://www.wesh.com/blob/view/-/24669828/data/1/-/dmiu52/-/Read-the-full-deposition.pdf

~ Peter Frampton
MuffyBee
Former Moderator
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #37 on: March 05, 2014, 08:15:49 AM »

ITA.  I'm disgusted too, but not surprised.    

I'm still hoping there will be justice for Caylee.   an angelic monkey

" Everyone is entitled to his own opinion, but not his own facts."  - Daniel Moynihan
Green Eyes
Monkey Mega Star

Happy Spring

« Reply #38 on: March 05, 2014, 08:33:36 PM »

ITA.  I'm disgusted too, but not surprised.    

I'm still hoping there will be justice for Caylee.   an angelic monkey

Me too Muffy

GOD BLESS AMERICA
Brandi
Monkey Mega Star

« Reply #39 on: March 07, 2014, 12:31:45 PM »

Thank you, Trimm.

Read the whole thing last night. (Except for page 91 that was mysteriously missing.)

Quite interesting. And I expected Casey and Cheney to have attitudes and dodge most questions, as they indeed did.

I didn't expect Mitnik to be so disorganized and have such problems forming questions. So much verbage and so few answers. He seemed quite challenged at times trying to form a question.

Seemed like the whole disposition was a, dare I say it? A huge waste of time. Okay, so I said it.

But it was interesting to read, for sure.

Pages: « 1 2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11 12 13 »   Go Up
  Print  

Jump to:  

Use of this web site in any manner signifies unconditional acceptance, without exception, of our terms of use.